Fractures

By Thea_Caylen

Book 2 -The Bruised Boxer Series With Maddison's scholarship on the line, Ashton takes up a deal, putting him... More

Playlist
1 || Labels
2 || The Panel
3 || The Deal
4 || Feelings
5 || Expectations
6 || Familiar Face
7 || Deserve The World
8 || Black Spinel Tournament
9 || One
10 || Death Game
11 || Love's Complicated
12 || Single Heartthrob
13 || Move On
14 || Emergency
15 || Family
16 || Fire
17 || Self Doubt
18 || Prove Them Wrong
19 || Promises
20 || Jeans
21 || Not Holding Back
22 || Rage
23 || Silent
24 || Standards
25 || Are You Ready
26 || What The F*ck
27 || Car Troubles
28 || One Long Night
30 || Every Step Of The Way
31 || Yours To Give
32 || Inner Child
33 || The Son I Raised
34 || Horizon
35 || Rooting For
36 || Perfect Boyfriend
37 || Right Choice
38 || Us
39 || Part Of My Life
40 || Truth
41 || Daddy Issues
42 || A Horrid Reality
43 || Are You Happy
44 || Going To Make It
45 || Fractures
46 || Delete
47 || Fell First
48 || Voicemail
49 || Escape Plan
50 || Smile
Extra

29 || Focus Point

1.3K 37 5
By Thea_Caylen

Chapter 29: Focus Point

I was someone who barely scathed through on the impulsivity of her own actions. How I was still alive was actually a miracle.

Which was why I was fully convinced I was going to die today, jogging my ass off, wheezing for breath.

"He's, let's take a brake," I begged, collapsing on the walkway, a wheezing mess.

"We just took one ten minutes ago," Jess said with an eye roll, hands on her waist.

"Exactly, that's my point."

She sighed and finally settled on the ground with me, offering me a bottle of water.

I'd gone a solid week on exercise and as much as I hated to admit it, I felt kind of better, it was rewarding.

Unfortunately, my car didn't have the same fate, it had a destroyed battery, a malfunctioning fuel gauge and two of the four tyres were compressed. If decided to scrap the whole thing instead of spending a thousand bucks on repairs

"So… you and Devin," I casually said without looking at her, staring up at the sky like it was just a mumbled thought.

She turned to me, eyes narrowed.

"For research purposes," I immediately added.

"He's nice I guess." She sighed. "But I don't think I'm ready and I told him, I may never be."

Her words felt like a guy punch. I knew it was her choice, but I also knew Devin made her happy, she was always smiling around him.

I can share you, I just don't want to lose you, don't leave me... Please

Those words came back to me, Jess had told Ashton at the gym last semester when he'd ended things between them… and in her most vulnerable, she'd offered to be second choice for him.

I knew Ashtons rejection must have broken her, I knew it did. She was now too scared of commitment, maybe casual flirting was as far as she could take it.

I understood so I pulled her into a hug, no words, just the silent embrace of two friends hugging.

"It's okay," I mumbled as I could hear her sniffling.

"It's okay"

•••

I drew in a breath…

Followed by letting out a frustrated groan as I tried lifting the dumbbells… nope, not happening.

He's, who say right at her post, started at me snickering. "you do know that's like 10lbs at most, right?"

I was infact aware of that information, but was I the athletic bodybuilder? No, no I wasn't.

Mr Pipeson had long come and gone, it was time to close but I'd decided to stay back and get in a few more exercise.

Jessica smiled, casually packing up her bag before changing the sign from open to closed. "Well, if you don't die, I guess I'll see you at the apartment."

She made her way to the French door, sliding it open and slipping out, leaving me alone in the gym.

Okay let's try this one more time, I held the dumbbells, pulling with my whole weight.

"Yup, that's definitely not happening," I finally mumbled, exhausted. Maybe I should just go with the threadmill.

I quickly looked around, making sure Jessica was gone before taking a pack of Oreo from my bag.

She was going to throw a fit of she saw me right now. But in my defense, Oreos were high in protein which was perfect for the gym.

Don't ask if I googled that..

I tried open the pack, chucking two into my mouth at once. I was mid-chewing when I heard a knock on the French door.

I found Ashton standing behind the glass, in the dark, a small smile on his lips as he watched.

I hurriedly grabbed my keys, unlocking the door, and dragging him in before anyone could see him.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered like we weren't alone.

"I was at your place, Angie said you were here," he offered. His eyes wondered to my desk where the viciously ripped pack of Oreos sat. "What you up to?"

"Exercise," I simply stated as I turned, making my way to the threadmill. I knew I was pissed at Ashton after last week, for some reason, his crazy ego had let Devin discover about us.

And I'm the midst of that anger, I still felt speechless as he stood a few inches from me, a gorgeous Greek god sculpt.

He made his way to my desk, throwing  an Oreo and catching it with his teeth. "You don't seem to be exercising?"

I rolled my eyes, turning on the threadmill. "I was before you came."

He was silent for a while, I looked through the corners of my eyes, watching as he pursed his lips, eyes narrowed.

"Are you… mad at me?"

Well, I'm trying to be.

I didn't answer that question, instead stepping on the threadmill and beginning a steady walk.

But knowing Ashton, the daring devil he was, he wasn't about to let me good easy.

He made his way to the threadmill, stepping right behind me, our bodies were practically touching and he began walking.

The heat emanating from his broad figure left me feeling warm as he gently held my waist. Right about now, I couldn't feel my legs, I could barely keep a steady pace and his breath brushed against my skin when he leaned into my ear.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop!" I pushed. "Stop this Ashton, you don't just get to waltz in here like you own the place, their an apology when you don't even know what you did wrong and expect everything to be alright."

I was barely moving on the threadmill at this point, leaning against him for support as he kept both if us standing. Ashton looked at me with a soft gaze.

"Fine, what'd I do?"

I was silent for a moment, then replied. "Devin."

Ashton scoffed, stepping down the threadmill, I followed behind. "So, this's about him?"

"You almost ruined the night, Ashton. If anyone saw you, or while story could have been ruined. All for what? Just to rub it in Devin's face."

"Well, it would have been worth it." He smirked.

"You're being reckless, Ashton… And I don't think you understand what's at stake."

"Oh I understand very clearly," he shot, a rise in his voice.

We both stared, like we didn't expect this to become some heated debate. And finally, Ashton finally opened up.

"Do you remember what you told me? Last semester," he asked.

"Ashton, I said I'd embarrassing things, we weren't even dati–"

"Before my final match with Joey for the semester," he cut, his expression stern and eyes focused on me, filled with raw emotions.

That had been the time Joey blackmailed me, the last conversation we'd had was me telling him how much I hated him.

You never meant anything to me, Ashton Malik. Never did and never would

It wasn't until does words if said to him resurfaced in my mind did I understand Ashton.

As crazy as this sounded, Ashton wasn't jealous, he was insecure… of losing me. He'd walked up to Devin from fear.

"Maddison, do you want to know my biggest fear?" He asked, stepping close to me, his eyes still fixed on me.

He cupped my chin. "I'm scared one day, you'll see how perfect you are and leave me… you'll know you can do better."

I started, starstruck, speechless, just starting at his infinitely soft eyes before giving a small smile.

"No one's perfect, Ashton Malik."

It was true, as much as I saw Ashton as the peek of excellence, I'd discovered no one was perfect, him nor I. We were both a chaotic mess, pulled together by our differences.

"I love you Ashton, always have and always will," I mumbled.

He needed to hear that, it wasn't until tonight if realized how much words if spoken affected him, I needed him to know he was all I had my eyes on. My focus point.

His lips curled into a smile as he took my hand, leaning in towards me before whispering, "I love you Maddison Maurice."

His lips were mere inches from mine when a deafening cry exploded, the French door swinging open.

"You did this!"

•••

How's everyone doing?

Just thought I'd drop by and make sure we're all okay. What do you think's about to happen?

I'm so glad I decided to write this sequel, even I got to know more about this characters, we finally got to see a bit into Ashton's head.

I feel like I fall in love with them all over again anytime I write a new chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Just a friendly reminder to vote. Can't wait for the next chapter, spoiler: it's going to be chaotic.

Bye
-Thea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
747 51 20
A talented fighter with Olympic goals, Talan Swifthawk only has two loves, boxing and Amalia. Forced into decisions to reach his Olympic dream, his p...
750K 14.1K 53
After going through quite a bit of trauma in her life, Brielle tries her best to avoid anything to do with violence or fighting, in any capacity. How...
112K 2.2K 55
{COMPLETE} Bayside University Book 2 Bethany Harris is in love. In love with school, in love with her family, in love with Teddy Wilson, a guy who h...