My New Hero

By KenleyCopeland

Taking place shortly after the events of it's prequel; My Old Hero, Izuku and Katsuki agree that they want to... More

Prologue
1: Plot Line
2: You're Pitiful
3: Sting
4: Hurt and Pain
5: State of my Head
6: Cry me a River
7: Caught in a Lie
8: God sent me as Karma
9: Sweet Chaos
10: When the Rain Stops
11: A Little Space
12: Unnatural
13: Inferiority Complex
14: Line 'Em Up
15: Lucky One
16: Blind Love
17: Effort
18: Good Luck, Bad Luck
19: Savior
20: Learning
21: Good to Me
22: Warning!
23: From Hell with Love
24: Fighter
25: Damage
27: Yours
28: Shivers
29: Electrified
30: The Feels
31: Nightmares
32: Torture
33: Demons
34: I'm Here
35: Fever
36: Think About You
37: Say Me Cute
38: Privacy
39: Icy
40: Blind and Frozen
41: Lovin' You More
42: Wet
43: Earned It
44: Christmas Day
45: Hot Enough
46: Troublemaker
47: Facade
48: I'm Gonna Show You Crazy
49: Playdate
50: Reason
51: Clockwork
52: Dice
53: Sunshine
54: Fearless
55: Doubt & Trust
56: Vicious
57: Resonance
58: Turn Back Time
59: Beastmode
60: Odd Sense
61: Alive
62: Strike Back
63: Invincible
64: Reason
65: Finesse
66: Paradise
67: Touch
68: Suspicious Camouflage
69: Villain
70: What I Want
71: Mr. Blue Sky
72: Step Up
73: Superhuman
Epilogue: The Feels for My Crush

26: What Can I Do?

125 1 0
By KenleyCopeland

As the new day had started, the blond sneezed which caused him to wake up and he opened his eyes to see the greenette lying next to him. 

'Oh yeah... I fell asleep in bed next to Deku since I was watching her.' he thought as he sat up from the bed and rubbed his eyes. He looked closer at the sleeping greenette and she seemed a lot more relaxed than she was the night before. 

'She seems to look better, but is she better even after that attack I accidentally pulled?' He paused from looking at her face and panned over to see her limbless legs since Takashi took off her prosthetic limbs when he healed her. 

'The last time Deku was like this was when...' The blond knew of the exact memory from the last time Izuku got badly hurt that her prosthetic limbs got badly damaged and he clenched his teeth when he thought about it.

The sight of the greenette falling off that tall roof and how she landed on the ground and holding her stomach while unconscious was something Katsuki could never forget. That memory enveloped a lot of guilt in him for a long time, and it didn't help that Izuku lost her memories for a short time and had to go back to America for some time to recover. 

That year where he felt like he lost the greenette was a time that ate him alive and even when she did come back to Japan a year later, it still shrouded him. He reached out and grabbed the greenette's left hand and squeezed it and that helped him stop thinking about that painful memory. 

'I'm not gonna let something like that happen to you, I promise, Izuku.' he thought as he gently pressed his lips onto her forehead and kissed her.

He walked out of the bedroom and went down the stairs only to remember that Emra took the kids to Izuku's mother's place for the night since he was supposed to watch Izuku all night. 

'What the hell am I supposed to do right now if Deku's still asleep?' 

And right on cue did he hear the sound of a knock on the front door. 

'Huh? Who's here now?' 

He walked up to the front door and opened to reveal Emra and a woman with Bright Red hair behind her. 

"I figured you were still sleeping, but it turns out I was wrong." Emra noted. 

"Not funny, and who the hell is that?" Katsuki asked, pointing at the redhead. 

"This is Kendra, she's a scientist and went to school with Izuku when they were in America. She's the one that makes the prosthetic limbs for me and Izuku." Emra answered.

Yes, what Emra said is true, as this young lady is known as Kendra Feather, a very close friend to both Izuku and Emra from back when they were all in America. 

Kendra is a scientist just like Izuku as she creates hero items and suits, but she doesn't work at the I-Island facility and works instead at Shiro Robotics. And also like Emra said, she's the one that's made the prosthetic limbs for both Emra and Izuku and is probably the only one that can create such high tech and working limbs for people. 

This also just happens to probably be one of the first times Katsuki is meeting her even when he's been married to Izuku for almost 4 years now. 

"So she's the chick that makes the fake limbs for Deku?" Katsuki asked, as he didn't seem all that impressed. 

"Haha- it's just me, nothing special about me anyways." Kendra joked. 

"Watch what you say since Izuku and I both have limbs made by Kendra." 

"Right, this way I guess." Katsuki sighed and showed the redhead to the bedroom.

"It's been a while since the last time I had to make new limbs for Izuku, but don't worry, these are a lot more sturdy than the last limbs were." Kendra stated and got straight to work. 

Katsuki had never seen this entire process before so all he could was sit there in awe at everything. 

"You've seen Izuku's bare fake limbs, haven't you?" Emra asked. 

"Well yeah, but... I still can't get past the thought that she's had these for a long time now." Katsuki answered.

"Just like Izuku, I can't be around the rain and both of us go through a serious amount of pain if we don't prepare ourselves." Emra noted. 

"So why's that?" 

"Why's what?" 

"Why does Deku get that way even when the rain hasn't come yet?" Katsuki asked.

"I'm sure she's told you before, but fine, it's because the air tends to get cold and lock up our joints to the point that we can't work through it. Like how hot water is meant to relieve someone's body, cold water does the opposite and causes your joints to not want to move. Though I can handle large amounts of pain and I don't really have to take medicine to relieve the pain, Izuku cannot handle the pain and has to take it whether she likes it or not. It doesn't really help that the medicine instantly gives her a fever once she takes it, but this is the only medicine we've found that reduces the pain to zero for her. If the materials of the fake limbs weren't made of metal and of some other type of material, then maybe it would have a different reaction when the rain comes, but we haven't attempted that since we're both used to metal limbs anyway." Emra explained.

'That makes sense, Deku did have that reaction the last time it rained, which was a few days ago, so I guess there's nothing I can do about it.' Katsuki thought. 

"Okay, we're just about to reconnect everything!" Kendra announced. 

"Which means the painful part is coming, isn't it?" Emra asked. 

"Huh? The painful part?" 

"Since having fake limbs, it involves reconnecting all the nerves in order for the fake limbs to work. The painful part is that reconnecting the nerves is a huge wave of pain and shock to the body and can be quite uncomfortable. Which means you're going to help us in keeping Izuku down and not have her lash out when it happens." Emra answered. 

'Geez, when was there this much nerdy shit in one room?' Katsuki thought but he listened and placed his hands onto Izuku's stomach.

"Ready? And... hold!" 

The second Kendra reconnected all three limbs, Izuku screamed out in pain from the large wave of her nerves. Katsuki had never seen this before, it was honestly a terrifying sight and he didn't like seeing this side of the greenette. 

"How long will this last?" 

"Just a couple days, so it would be best to make sure she doesn't really do anything today, so force her to stay in bed." Emra said. 

"Got it." 

Katsuki didn't like seeing her like this and just wanted to grab her and hold her tightly in his arms to make the pain go away, so he felt completely useless right now. 

"It seems it might rain later today, so make sure she takes her medicine before the rain starts." Emra added, which Katsuki could only nod in response. 

"Hah- she'll be just fine, no need to make that kind of face. Kendra's gotta leave, but I'll stay here until you go pick up your kids and bring them back here."

Katsuki didn't know what else to say, so he just nodded and left the room. 

'Geez, he's reacting like he did years ago when Izuku had that second accident. She'll be just fine, he should be more focused on what my annoying family's about to try and pull next.' Emra thought. 

"Why does he remind me of how Takashi used to act around you when you were a hero?" Kendra asked. 

"You have no idea."

It was peaceful and quiet in the bedroom and Izuku felt like she couldn't keep her eyes closed any longer. She opened her eyes and looked around the room only to see nothing odd. 

"You're finally deciding to wake up." 

The greenette looked over at the door to see Emra entering the room. 

"Ah- Emra." 

She tried to sit up, but instantly felt a large wave of pain from the joints in her legs. 

"Careful, reconnecting limbs is painful, especially for you." Emra noted as she walked towards her with a glass of tea. 

"I got new limbs? Was Kendra here?" Izuku asked. 

"Yes, but she had to get back to her work, so I stayed to make sure you were feeling okay once you woke up. Here, I made you some Green tea, it's supposed to help ease the soreness away." Emra said, handing her the glass.

"Ah- thanks. Oh, what about Kacchan?" 

"He went to go pick up the kids from Aunt Inko's, so he'll be back any minute." Emra answered. 

"The kids went to my mom's place? When?" 

"Last night, I took them since I forced Katsuki to keep an eye on you. Takashi took care of all your wounds last night and then Kendra came here earlier to give you new limbs, so you should be feeling a lot better after a few days." Emra explained. 

"I see, but wait- what happened to Amber?" 

"That is something I don't know yet, but obviously it seems you and Katsuki fought him judging from how you were covered in wounds. My guess would be that Cole went to the facility and took Amber after your fight was over and took her back home, that is what I can only assume." Emra answered.

"She was a lot stronger than she looked." 

"Which is a bit of a surprise to me as well since I fought her once and easily beat her without even breaking a sweat." 

"Yeah, but Emra, you're a lot stronger than most people." Izuku added. 

"That's true." 

"It's just that all I could think of doing was getting rid of the light source, but even just doing that proved to be useless since she was just as strong without it." 

"Well consider this a learning lesson and to never have high expectations of every battle being easy. I already told Katsuki, so I'll tell you that you should be on high alert even more than before since we have no idea when the next attack could be." Emra stated. 

"Right. Oh- and Emra." 

"Hm? What is it?" 

"Hmph, Kacchan really is trying, I can see it, so though I know you're always gonna be worried that I'm doing everything on my own, I think me and Kacchan will be just fine." Izuku said with a warm smile on her face. 

"Ah- humph, just don't say I didn't warn you if something bad happens." 

"It looks like you still take everything so seriously, Emra." 

"Because I have to. And where is that husband of yours, he should've been back with the kids by now!"

Note: Hello My Little Emeralds!

Yeah, this may be another filler chapter, but the real cute stuff is gonna happen soon, promise!

Leave a like and comment down below!

Happy Reading from me, My Little Emeralds!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 142 21
Izuku Midoriya and Katsumi Bakugou's relationship severed when he left unannounced. But now he's back, and different. He's on hiatus with his bandmat...
66.8K 1.4K 200
Katsuki Bakugo, now the Number 1 hero is told he has to get a new Hero suit since he's had the same one since he was a student at UA. Though he's res...
312K 6.6K 16
What is Izuku faked his death? What if Katsuki Watched him but deku told him to hush?What if Bakugo and izuku got along?What if bakugo didn't bully d...
23.1K 565 25
[COMPLETED] Cover made by: VioletYbrehl Izuku has a dilemma. He just realize that he likes someone. So, what is the problem about that? The problem i...