Their safe haven

By everlove2069

After her mother's and step fathers death, Evelyn must move in with her 7 older brothers who she had no idea... More

More info...
Characters 
Chapter one🫶🏼
Chapter two🫶🏼
Chapter three🫶🏼
Chapter four🫶🏼
Chapter five🫶🏼
Chapter six🫶🏼
Chapter seven🫶🏼
Chapter eight🫶🏼
Chapter nine🫶🏼
Chapter ten🫶🏼
Chapter eleven🫶🏼
Chapter twelve🫶🏼
Chapter thirteen🫶🏼
Chapter fourteen🫶🏼
Chapter fifteen🫶🏼
Chapter sixteen🫶🏼
Chapter seventeen🫶🏼
Chapter eighteen🫶🏼
Chapter nineteen🫶🏼
Chapter twenty🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-one🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-two🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-three🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-four🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-five🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-six🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter thirty🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-one🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-two🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-three🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-four🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-five🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-six🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter forty-one🫶🏼
Chapter forty-two 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-three🫶🏼
Chapter forty-four🫶🏼
Chapter forty-five🫶🏼
Chapter forty-six🫶🏼
Chapter forty-seven 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter forty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter fifty🫶🏼
Chapter fifty-two🫶🏼

Chapter forty🫶🏼

4.8K 109 21
By everlove2069

Lucas pov

I hate kids, despise them actually. I hung up with Sergio and now I have to go pull him out of jail. I am so pissed, his sister is out there in hiding and he pulls a shitty stunt, earning himself a trip to the local police station.

I got out of the car and walked over to the police station's glass doors. I walked into the cold station and looked around for the idiot I call my brother and sometimes my son if he makes me love him that day. I made eye contact with him and he quickly looked down.

One of the officers walked over and asked me to sign a few papers. As I was signing I felt a weird feeling, I looked up and made eye contact with the old guard. "You got something to say?" My voice was bitter as I pushed harder on the pen.

The old fucker gulped and shook his head. "It's just you look really young to be a dad." I froze, my eyes slowly made contact with his as I glared at him. His face went pale as I continued to write my name. "That's my kid. Got a problem with that I will simply kill yours, understand?" He quickly nodded his head and I slid the papers at him.

"Get my child out of those fucking chains." I glared at Sergio and watched as the guard walked over and quickly undid the handcuffs. Sergio tried to walk past me but I grabbed him by the back of the neck and pushed his head down as I walked out of the glass doors.

I pushed him into the back of my car and glared at him. "Shooting at a fucking cop?! I want to wrap my hands around your throat and kill you right now. We have more important things going on, I can't deal with you deciding to go out at two in the afternoon just to kill some pigs." Sergio put his head down and I sighed and shut the door.

On the drive home, he didn't even move an inch, he stayed in the same position with his head down and his hands on his lap. I sighed and pulled into the gate. "Sergio. You can't do shit like that man, dad would have killed you." I felt bad for throwing our dad into the mix but it was the harsh truth.

Sergio finally lifted his head and looked at me in the eyes with tears streaming down his face. "You are the only dad that we have now Luca. I'm sorry I did that, I was pissed and the cop pulled me over. I got mad." My heart squeezed at his words, I hated being the bad guy, hated being the bad cop that doesn't listen to anyone.

I leaned my head back onto the seat and ran a hand down my face. "Why did you shoot him in the first place? I know it wasn't just for pulling you over. Sergio, you are like my kid now, I can't have you getting hurt." He nodded and looked down.

He balled his fist and looked over at me, words dripped from his mouth like venom. "He said that it was a nice bike, said that I should've taken my sister on it. I shot him. And that's before I realized he wasn't alone." I looked at him for a very long time trying to slowly piece together the puzzle in my brain.

"She knows his connections." Sergio looked at me like I was crazy but I simply got out of the car and walked to the house. "Shit!" I forgot that she can't be called by a regular number.

We told Nico not to tell us where he was just in case and now I'm wishing he'd told us. I ran upstairs and ran into Angelo's room. I heard his sink turn off and I started to pace back and forth until he opened the bathroom door.

I turned to look at him with wide eyes as I felt a very large smile pull onto my face. Angelo took a few steps back and my smile quickly dropped. "She knows his connections! She knows practically everything about him! She knew the whole time Angelo!" I practically screamed in joy as I finally put the missing puzzle piece in its place.

We have to find her. "Angelo, search teams. I told her to call tomorrow but we don't have that long." Angelo quickly got into work mode and pulled out his phone.

Our sweet, smart sister is finally piecing this family together.

Evelyn's pov

"Nico, stop it right now." I grabbed onto his hair and pulled it back so that I could braid it. He groaned in pain and I smacked his head with my brush. "Stop moving." I put him in a headlock and held him close to my chest.

He finally stopped moving and I actually had to make sure I didn't knock him out. "You good?" I heard a mumble so I decided that he was awake, he just gave up. Good choice.

The doorbell rang and I pulled his head down, "you move and I promise I will kill you." I placed a pink rubber band in his hair and then pushed him away.

He lifted me up and walked to the front door, I felt like a child as he held me to his chest letting my feet dangle above the ground. The knocks got a bit louder and I looked up at Nico.

As we got to the door he pulled me behind the door and held my hand. He opened it and I heard a voice that I'd missed a little too much. "Thank fuck we found you. We need Evelyn." I ran out from behind the door and jumped on Salvatore.

I squealed and held his head tightly on my shoulder. I know it's only been only a few hours or so but I've missed them and I was worried about them. "Okay, Ev...I can't breathe." I shrugged and at the same time, I felt hands pulling me backward.

I ran back to the room and grabbed my phone and my suitcase, I ran back out after kissing Nico's pillow and saw Salvatore smiling. It wasn't a full smile but his lips were tilted upwards just a bit. I ran over to him and he quickly grabbed me in his arms.

I sighed in relief as he brought me into a much calmer hug. I looked over his shoulder and saw Nico looking at me with a small smile. "Salv, if I go. Nico goes too." Nico's face dropped and I felt Salvatore sigh under me.

"Whatever." I squeezed Salvatore's waist and pulled away with a large smile. "Okay, come on! We've got a snake to kill." I dragged both of the men by their hands and walked them out of the house.

I decided to ride with Salvatore and Nico told me he would meet us there. I sat down in the all-black SUV and Salvatore turned on the heaters. I screamed as I felt a hand on my shoulder, my head wiping to look into the backseat.

"ROMEO! SERGIO!" I climbed into the back and Salvatore yelled at me to sit my little ass down. Did I listen? No.

I grabbed both of my giraffes by the neck and brought them both into a hug. I pulled away and sniffed Sergio, I leaned back and glared at him. "You smell like weed and cigarettes." Sergio's eyes got wide and I saw the redness in them, confirming my suspension.

Right as Sergio lowered his head I dragged his head down and hugged his neck. "It's fine, I'm just joking with you." I felt his body relax and I smiled as I pulled away.

I turned to face Romeo and I saw him texting Luca. I 'stretched' over him and read the text over his shoulder. "I am not trying to kill you guys! And don't tell him to hide!" I smacked his chest and he chuckled.

I put my head on Romeo's shoulder and closed my eyes. "You know Luca told us you could hack into anything." I opened my eyes and glared at Sergio.

I shook my head and he raised his eyebrows. "Maybe." Sergio dropped his phone into my lap and smiled. "Sergio, not right now." He nodded his head toward the phone and I groaned in irritation.

I unlocked his phone and started to code, it was a bit of a challenge but I finally got into his text and calls from 2015 to the present. "You called 'Dad' on the night of July 2016." Sergio's face dropped as did everyone else.

He grabbed his phone and I smiled, "also might want to text what was her name... 'Tiff' or was it-" I chuckled as Sergio covered my mouth. Salvatore called someone and pulled onto the freeway as the phone connected to the car.

Marcos's voice came through the phone and I practically flung forward in my seat.

E: Hi Mom! Romeo, I'm fine!

M: Hello my baby! Oh, how are you doing?

Salv: Before this happens, I just want you to know that we will be there in a few minutes get Angelo ready.

M: Okay, Luca left for a bit so it's just us.

E: Mom can you make me a grilled cheese?

M: Oh! Of course sweetheart, Salv hurry up!

Click.

I smiled and leaned my head onto Sergio's shoulders and placed my legs over Romeo's legs. I sighed and looked around, "you guys are really gorgeous. Like models. I love you guys." The air grew quiet as I closed my eyes.

I felt a hand on my cheek and I peeled my eyes open and smiled at Sergio. "You are gorgeous to hun, like totally model. We all love you too." I hummed in response and cuddle into his arm.

The car stopped after a few minutes and I quickly shot up and tried to open the door. Romeo was there to catch me before my face met the floor, with a sigh he brought me back up and glared at me. "Sorry." I shot him a nervous smile and quickly got up.

Once I opened the front door I ran to the kitchen with a wide smile on my face. My smile quickly dropped as I saw Marco glaring at Angelo, I looked over at Angelo and saw a very blood-stained shirt.

"I'm back." At the same time, both of their heads snapped over to me and I tilted my head with a small smile. Marco ran over to me and brought me into his large arms. "Oh Dio, I'm so sorry Principessa." I smiled into his shoulder and shrugged.

I pulled away from Marco and walked over to Angelo, I didn't care about the blood, I wrapped my arms around him and sighed in relief. "No, no please Ev not right now." I pulled away from Angelo and looked up at him in confusion.

I looked down at my shirt and saw blood staining it, looking back up at him I shrugged. "It's just a little blood, not like I haven't seen it before." I glared at him and started to walk closer to him as he started to back away.

He put his arms out and pushed me away slightly, "No. Evelyn don't hug me, you will get all nasty and dirty." I groaned and grabbed the black pair of scissors from off the counter.

I hid them behind my back and walked over to him with my head down. "Hope you don't like this shirt." I knew he didn't like it because it was a basic grey shirt.

Before he could answer I grabbed the hem of the shirt and cut the shirt off. Once the shirt was open I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my chin on his chest. "I've missed you." I felt his shoulders drop as he let out a sigh.

Slowly he began to wrap his arms around me, I instantly relaxed into his arms and hummed while swaying us back and forth. "I've missed you too kiddo." I squeezed him harder and he huffed out a breath while patting my head.

I quickly pulled away when I heard the front door shut. "Is Ev here?" I ran out of the kitchen and looked around until I found Alessandro hanging up his coat. "Sandro!" Alessandro is a tad bit harder to kill so I just went for a stomach hug.

I brought him down to the floor with me as I wrapped my arms around his body. "You are a total jerk. You hung up on me!" I knew it would get under his skin and I realized it worked when I felt him stand up with me in his arms.

"Weee-Put her down." I turned my head to the door and saw Luca standing there with his typical glare on his face. I smiled at him but he shook his head at me. I sighed and tapped Sandro's shoulder making him slowly place me on my own two feet.

I walked over to Luca with my head down and he lifted my head with his fingers. "Rain is here, but we are not letting him in until you are in my office." I held in a sigh and just nodded my head.

Luca lead me all the way to his third-floor office which was hidden with big oak doors. As he opened the door I looked down the hallway way and saw three other doors, "after you." I looked back at Luca and saw him gesturing me to the open door.

As I walked into the dark office I felt my stomach do flips, his office was big with a large desk in the middle of the room with books everywhere on the walls. Luca rounded his large desk and sat in the leather throne chair that made him look bigger.

He gestured to the empty seat in front of him with his head and I silently listened to the command and sat down. I gave him a small smile as his face stayed in a stoic expression.

I sighed and looked down at my lap, my heart was beating against my chest as I waited for him to speak. With a long sigh, Luca spoke in a deep and comforting voice. "Evelyn, i-uh...we need your help kid." I felt my heart squeeze at his words as I slowly nodded my head.

"And Evelyn," I slowly looked up and saw Luca leaning his elbows on his desk, his hair looked like he ran his hands through it hundreds of times. He looked at me in the eyes and I saw the corner of his lips twitch. "I don't want to lose you again kid. So, I trust you to be careful." I nodded and got up from the leather seat.

His eyes followed me as I walked around the desk to his chair. I placed my hand on his cheek and nodded with tears in my eyes, "I promise Luca." I smiled and looked at him as a lone tear slid down my cheek.

I opened my arms and he stood up from his chair and pulled me into a hug. I shoved my head onto his chest and took a deep breath, he smelled like the same cigarette and bourbon that I learned was the scent of home and safety.

He tried to pull away but I grabbed his shirt and pulled him back, I missed his warm arms and the way he unconsciously swayed back and forth. "Luca, the school asked me to do a presentation on my parents and well...I was just wondering." I paused for a minute and looked up at him, "can I call you dad? Just for my presentation?" I wanted to make sure it was okay before I jumped into the project.

I looked around for my phone and saw Lucas's phone on the table. I quickly grabbed it and flipped on the camera. I took a picture of Lucas's gorgeous smiled and sent it to myself before he could delete it. His smile was gorgeous, his straight white teeth showed as his full lips pulled upwards showing his dimples.

His arms wrapped around my body and he lifted me from the floor. I laughed as he poked my side a few times. I swatted his hands away and he stood up straight making my heart beat faster against my chest. "Should I run?" As his head was moving up and down I quickly ran for the door.

Before I could turn the handle I felt Lucas's strong arms wrap around my body, pulling me to the floor. I laughed as he started to drag me around the floor by my feet. "What did we learn today?" I laughed harder as Luca spoke again while dragging me around his desk. "Don't mess with me." I grabbed a pen and threw it at the back of his head while laughing so hard I felt my bladder push making me almost pee myself.

I crawled towards the door as it opened making me jump onto Sergio's feet for safety. Luca grabbed my ankles and I screamed out while laughing into Sergio's legs. "Help me!" Sergio looked up at Luca and then looked down at me with an evil smirk.

"Rain! Help! Anyone!" I held onto my stomach as I felt my stomach grow tighter from all the laughing I have done. I looked back at Luca and smiled shyly as he leaned down and picked me up.

He threw me down on his chair and I huffed out a breath from the impact of the leather seat. I looked at Lucas's computer and saw a blank screen, looking up I saw all of my brothers walking into the room as Rain leaned on the door. I felt my stomach twist with nerves as I cracked my head from side to side.

"Let's do this shit." I felt a soft smack to the back of my head and I looked up at a glaring Marco. I mumbled a quick 'sorry mom' and got back to work.

--(Fun fact: I painted today.)🦋--

I threw down the pen I had in my hand and leaned back into the seat. I looked up and saw Luca leaning on the chair next to me, letting my head fall I spoke in a soft voice. "I can't do it." There were too many firewalls and too many codes.

Luca placed a heavy hand on my shoulder and squeezed the sore spot. "Yes you can, maybe not tonight but tomorrow, you have it in you Ev." I smiled and leaned my head down onto the cold desk as Luca continued to rub my back.

I lifted my head and slowly stood up from the chair, everyone was still in the room and it made me nervous that they were all watching as I tried to decode some firewalls. My gaze fell on Salvatore who had his hand on his gun while he glared at Nico.

I walked over to where Salvatore was sitting and took a seat on the cushion next to him. Nico was on my left and Salv on my right, I felt the air get tense as I grabbed Nico's hand in mine.

I felt Nico lean into my ear and I stilled as I looked up at Luca. I tried to hide the shiver of coolness as I felt him whisper into my ear. "You are going to get me killed baby." The nickname made me squeeze his hand and pull my head away to keep my sanity.

I leaned my head on Salvatore's shoulder and shook my head as I saw him slowly pull his gun out of his pants. "Don't Salvatore." I jumped at Angelo's tone and looked at him with wide eyes.

I pushed down a groan of irritation and got up from the couch. "You guys suck. I'm going to make snacks. Nico let's go." I grabbed Nico's heavy hand before anyone could speak and pulled him out of the room.

I heard the office door open as we made our way down the stairs. I turned and glared over my shoulder at Alessandro who was looking at our hands with a glare. "Sandro, I think my eyes are up here." Sandro rolled his eyes and continued to walk behind us.

I pulled Nico into the kitchen and started to walk over to the pantry. I grabbed all of Alessandro's snacks that said 'Sandros snacks! Don't touch.' I grabbed his favorite cookies and threw them back at Nico.

I turned and smiled at Nico who had a small smile on his face. I looked around for Sandro and I saw him walking out of the back door with a cigarette in his hand. As he was distracted I walked over to Nico and pecked him on his soft lips.

My whole body felt numb as I practically fell into Nico's warm arms. He looked down at me and quickly placed the snacks down to pick me up. "Rain...I'm tired." My voice seemed different, new to my ears.

I felt Nico walk up the long stairs, every step he took he tightened his grip ever so gently. He glanced down at me and nodded, "I know baby, I know." I smiled at him and he responded by kissing my forehead.

As Nico walked through Lucas's office doors I felt my head get light and my breathing became shallow. Right as I closed my eyes I rested my head on Nico's hard chest and heard Romeo's voice in a hard whisper.

"Nice going Luca, work her half to death." I smiled and pulled a handful of Nico's shirt in my hand. I felt Nico walking but my whole body shut down as I fell into a deep sleep.

-(Fun fact: I work with goats every day!) 🦋--

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!-LOVE THE AUTHOR!

Word count:3713

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 84.7K 50
She's a fifteen-year-old girl who killed her "father" in self-defense and lied about it to the police. She thinks she has no other family members and...
1.9M 47.7K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
57.9K 1.1K 22
I woke up like always , in pain. My ribs were aching from the beating last night and my arms had bruises all over them. My eyes teared up thinking ab...
126K 2.9K 50
standalone ~ mafia siblings series "You can't make me stay here! I will get an emancipation." I yell. Flashbacks of the gun in my hand, the almost-de...