The Bronze Bracelets

By DanyJ10

*Discontinued* Months after the war against Gaia and the seven finally sending her to sleep, the gods must fa... More

Chapter 1: The Aftermath
Chapter 2: Uncomfortable
Chapter 3: New Master and New Heartbreak
Chapter 4: A Gift
Chapter 5: Training and Encounters
Chapter 7: The First Threat
Chapter 8: Under the Sea
Chapter 9: The First Encounter
Chapter 10: Blood and Water
Chapter 11: Flashbacks and Lessons
Chapter 12: An entrance Worthy of Zeus
Chapter 13: The Battle Between Sea Serpents
Chapter 14: Revelations and Heart Attack
End of Arch 1- Chapter 15:
Arch 2: Chapter 16: Identity and Training
Chapter 17: Meeting My Evil Twin
Chapter 18: Meeting C's Origins
Chapter 19: An Upgrade for a Friend
Chapter 20: The Fall of the Greatest(M)
Chapter 21: Grieving
Chapter 22: Order and Balance
Chapter 23: A Legendary Return(M)
A/N & Sneak Peek at New Stories
Chapter 24: Bringing Back Order
Chapter 25: Percy vs Percy & Artemis vs Artemis (M)
End of Arch 2: Chapter 26: The Grand Battle of the Canyon
Arch 3: Chapter 27: The Two Maiden Goddesses and the Gooey Monsters
Important Announcement
Announcement for New Story

Chapter 6: Getting Lost in Heavens and a Dragon Visit

671 15 4
By DanyJ10

Artemis POV

After our little awkward encounter in Perseus' cabin, everything went great for the rest of the week. We followed a simple routine that consisted of eating, training, reading, sleeping, and searching for more information about the bracelets. To say that our research was a complete failure can be seen on our faces every night after coming back from the library. This past week has made me realize that Perseus is smarter than he lets people see, but he can still be oblivious and slow at certain times. 

We are currently sitting down at his table. I am eating a plate of spaghetti and he is eating a cheeseburger with french fries and a blue coke. I finally got over the fact that he wants almost all of his foods blue or if not he goes crazy and doesn't eat. As we are halfway through our food, we feel a tremor that shakes the entire dining pavilion. Perseus and I look around trying to find what caused it when I see that his gaze falls towards the outside of camp near Thalia's pine tree. 

We both got up and head towards where the tremor came from. We jog up the hill and we meet with one of the most ancient and rarest monsters that I could remember: The Colchian Dragon. A serpent so big that could devour a person in two bites with ease. Dark green and blood red scales adorn its body, capable of deflecting almost any type of weapon. A crest on top of its head as well as three snake-type tongues. It radiated so much power that made almost everyone to their knees with the exception of Perseus. He just stood there admiring the dragon until he did something that almost gave me a heart attack. 

He simply walked out of the barrier and stood right in front of the beast as if it were a dog. The dragon slowly rested its head on the grass, never leaving eye contact with Perseus. Both were imitating each other's head movements as if they were one. Eventually, to the shock of everyone, Perseus pet the dragon on the head, and the monster closed its eyes and relax at his touch. To say that everyone was shocked was an understatement. Everyone in the camp had their jaws hanging, not believing what we have just seen occur right in front of our eyes. 

Percy POV

At the moment that the tremor occurred Artemis and I search for what caused it. I was finally able to see something right outside the barrier by the golden fleece. Artemis followed me towards the creature and what we saw put me in a trace. It was a dragon, so big that could literally eat me in one bit if it wanted to, but for some reason, I didn't feel that it was threatening us. Dark green and blood red scales adorned its body like body armor. A crest that went from its head to its tail. It also had three snake-like tongues that really weirded me out. 

This creature emitted so much power that could easily be confused by a major god. My body felt a pull towards it, but for some reason, I couldn't think anything else other than wanting to make it my friend. My body moved on its own and stepped out of the barrier and slowly made my way to it. It lowered its head and followed my gaze and copied my head movements as if deciding if I was worthy. I decided to try my luck and pulled my right hand forward wanting to pet it. 

At this, I could hear gasps from the campers behind me, but I didn't care about it at this moment, my body was in a trance because of this dragon. After my hand touched its head, it closed its eyes and relax to my touch, making me worthy of it. My lips slowly moved up to form a genuine smile.  I was finally able to come out of my trance and looked back at my friends about what just happened, but I see that everyone is on their knees. 

I was confused for a second before I heard a voice in my head. A low, gentle, and powerful voice that showed power and respect. "Hello milord, I am known as the Colchian dragon, I used to be the protector of the Golden Fleece." Now, this did take me by surprise, I decided to speak back in my mind to it so that the campers don't think that I am crazy. "Hello, I am Perseus Jackson, but you can call me Percy." 

Before I could continue, the dragon interrupted me. "I know who you are, that is why I have deemed you worthy of being my lord. I am now under your order to serve you, anything that you might want. But before we continue with this conversation, let me mask my power so that your friends can move." The moment after he said it, his aura decreased to almost nothing, giving the campers once again the chance to move. 

All of the campers had priceless expressions on their faces, everyone had their mouths opened clearly showing their shock. Everyone looked at the dragon with fear with the exception of Artemis and Chiron. I told Artemis and Chiron who the dragon was and he dismissed the campers to their activities for the rest of the day. He asked me if the dragon was friendly and I told him that I was his 'lord' for now. We let the dragon into the camp and immediately Peleus vowed to it, clearly recognizing that this dragon was the real deal. 

"Percy, is it really the Colchian dragon? I haven't heard of it since it went to sleep after it lost the golden fleece." Artemis said to me while we led the dragon next to the Big House. Before I could respond to her I hear once again the dragon speaking in our heads. "I am indeed the Colchian Dragon Milady Artemis. I came here to serve Perseus to see if he really was worthy after hearing of him for the last 6 years. And yes, before you question, I can talk to anyone I want in their minds if I want." At this statement Artemis was shocked and confused at the same time, making her reaction priceless. 

"So tell me, do you go by any name?" I asked out loud so that Artemis could hear. "I don't really have a name other than what I told you already, but you can give me a name." He responded while looking into our eyes. "How about... C? You know, because your name starts with a "C" we can just call you C until you find a name worthy for yourself? Because honestly, I can find a name as badass as you are." I said, earning a "Are you serious" glare from Artemis and a thoughtful expression from C. "Yes, I would like that for now, but let me tell you why am I hear. But let us wait for Chiron to come back so I don't have to repeat myself." 

"Okay, Chiron should come back any min-" I was talking before being interrupted by the one I was talking about. "Alright, I am back from calming down some really scared campers. Alright, let's see what the Colchian Dragon wants." C took a spot between the Big House steps and the road and started telling us why he was there. 

To put it shortly, because we spent talking for about two hours, he came to us looking for me because he heard of all of the things that I had accomplished. Since the time that he lost the golden fleece, he had been asleep until someone worthy of his service came up. That is why he came to look for me to serve his creation purpose. He also gave us a bit of information about the bronze bracelets and how to increase my abilities with them. He told us that if we wanted to know more we should visit the oldest library in history, the library in the heavens. 

He said that Aether and Hemera had made the library to record all of the mysteries and events throughout time. But in order to gain access to the city of light in the heavens, we must have permission from Aether or Hemera. At the moment he said that all of our hopes were thrown out the window because none of us had seen, even less meet with either one of those primordials. But once again he came up with a solution, he told us that we could contact them if we pray to them and tell them about the cuffs. 

"Okay let me play to them and see if they actually answer. I have never prayed to a primordial but there is always a once for everything." After saying that to Chiron, Artemis, and C, I closed my eyes and prayed to Aether and Hemera to hear me. After about 15 minutes of trying I was starting to believe that it wouldn't work when suddenly I heard a feminine and sweet voice in my head. 

"Hello Perseus, I can hear you clearly, to what do I owe the pleasure of you contacting me and my husband?" The voice said in my head. At that moment I was shocked at the fact that a primordial heard me when the Olympians barely ever respond, besides Hestia and my dad. "Hello Lady Hemera, I am contacting you because I wanted to know if you knew anything about the tale of the bronze bracelets" I responded in my mind as respectfully as possible because she could literally kill me by just thinking about it. 

"Yes, my husband and I know about the bronze bracelets that were created by Chaos herself, but why do you ask son of Poseidon?" Hemera, respond with a calm and curious tone. "I am asking you about them because I am the wearer of them." I just decided to go straight to the point because you never know with ancient deities. After almost a minute of not receiving an answer, I started to lose hope when she responded. "If what you are saying is true, then we must meet you right now, my husband will go for you to camp and pick you up. Be prepared." Just as she finished a bright light came from my right side blinding everyone.

As the light died down, I saw a man that was really similar to Apollo, but he had a more serious face and was taller. He had blue sky eyes with blond hair and a body that wasn't too buff but not too lean either. He turned to us and all three of us got to a vow while C just vowed his head. "Lord Aether, what a pleasure to have you here at camp half-blood." Chiron spoke first, which I was glad because I couldn't speak at the moment. He signaled us to get up and walked closer to us.

"Hello Chiron, I am here to take Perseus to talk to me and my wife at our house if you don't mind?" Aether softly responded with respect. "Yes of course Lord Aether, you may take Percy with you." Chiron responded feeling a bit relaxed that Aether was being friendly. "Now Perseus, you may take someone with you if you want." Aether said to me as I look at Artemis with her giving me a nod. 

"Okay, I can see that you will take Artemis with you. Now, before we go let me put an enchantment on her so that she doesn't combust once we get to my palace in the heavens." Aether said as he made his way towards Artemis and put his right hand over her head emitting a low light from it. After a few seconds, the light died out and he retreated his hand. Simultaneously a portal opened next to us and Aether signaled us to follow him. "Alright, C stay here at camp and do what you want for now until we come back, but don't eat any campers please." I said before going through the portal following behind Aether and Artemis following right behind me. 

After coming out of the portal, we were blinded by the amount of sunlight emitting from the throne room. After a few seconds, our eyes adapted to the light and I noticed that we were in a throne room. I could see two thrones with Aether and a lady with straight strawberry blond hair that reach her shoulders, a leaned and powerful body that emitted light from within. The power emitting from Aether and his wife Hemera was so great that my legs almost gave. I look back at Artemis who couldn't handle it and was already on her knees.

Trying to be respectful I vowed to them and then they signal us to stand up. I could barely stand up, but Artemis was still on her knees. They both noticed this and depressed their aura making it easier to stand up for myself and Artemis. Artemis was already drenched in sweat from all the display of power from both of the Protogenoi. 

"Alright, now that that is sorted out, it's time to talk about what would be the hardest era in the history of humanity and the divine." Hemera announces, gaining a big brain response from me. 

"What?"

A/N: Thank you to everyone that is reading this story. I also want to say that it is my first one so any new ideas or corrections are welcome. I also wanted to thank everyone that has voted on it, you have made my time doing this story more enjoyable. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 106 18
Percy Jackson, the greatest demigod hero walk on the Earth is betrayed by his kin. He has been thrown away by the Olympians for his supposed Crime wh...
673K 7.3K 34
After the second giant war, the Seven and leaders of both camps have been made partially immortal to train future generations of demigods. Soon a new...
22.3K 1.2K 42
'I was in love with the stupid sun god.' * Book 1 | A Child of Night [Blurb] Ariadne was born in Tartarus. She had never seen the real world outside...
885K 20.6K 69
*This is a Percy Jackson fanfic that occurs after the war with Gaea.* Gods are starting up a war. Nothing is stoping them after they start. But what...