Cuphead: The Devil's Daughter

By MariaLuizaCardoso4

An unexpected turn of events surfaces in Hell one fateful day, when the romance between the devil and a dice... More

Chapter 1: To Start this Story Right
Chapter 2: Milkshakes and Burgers
Chapter 3: At the Carnevil
Chapter 4: Meeting Elder Kettle
Chapter 5: On a Roll!
Chapter 6: Letters and the Well
Chapter 7: One Hell of a Family
Chapter 8: Sugarland Shananigans
Chapter 9: Gifts
Chapter 10: Rugged Ridge Ruins
Chapter 11: The Golden Violin
Chapter 12: The Lament of the King
Chapter 13: Plane Crazy
Chapter 14: Soldier, Poet, Krieg
Chapter 15: Sacrifice of the Seven Seas
Chapter 16: Lime in the Coconut
Chapter 17: Baleful Birthday Bash
Chapter 18: Misadventures in Stageplay Sittin'
Chapter 19: Meeting Saltbaker
Chapter 21: David and Goliath
Chapter 22: Show and Swell
Chapter 23: The Ocean's Ballad
Chapter 24: Of Fire and Ice
Chapter 25: Saltbaker, the Psycho
Chapter 26: One Last Hurrah
Chapter 27: And They All Lived...

Chapter 20: Demon School

20 0 0
By MariaLuizaCardoso4

At last, the fated day arrived, I was nervous at first that I would be the butt of the joke, but Daddy Dice assured me that he'll take care of everything, should something ever happen to me. I got to the bus stop with my head down to avoid contact but then a voice called out.

"Hey, new girl!" 

I looked up and a little black demon with a white bowtie was waving at me with a wide but witty grin.

"I've saved y'all a seat."

I smiled, as I moved quickly to finally claim my seat.

"Thanks, pal!" I said to him in a tomboyishly sweet tone.

"Anytime," He said, "Name's Bendy!"

I thought twice about telling him my full name, but I gave it a shot.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Cocoa Johana Echidna Cup," I said, proudly, but my friends call me just Cocoa."

" Wow, I never knew you had a long name," Bendy remarked in awe. 

You can bet your mortal souls I had a long name. It's actually even longer considering it has Morningstar in the name, but I didn't want to open up to anyone just yet that I'm a princess per se. For now, I just want to lay low about my royal lineage while I'm blending in as a student and see if I could fit in with demonkind and not raise a scandal, besides, they'll figure it out on their own anyway, eventually, especially because of the pentacle patch in my new uniform.

Arriving at the facility, it looked like I just entered the Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square, due to how decrepit and mausoleum-like the building looked, it was also cracked and it smelled like sulfur, and if my demonic hearing wasn't mistaken, I could hear fights, screams, maniacal laughter, jeers; and all the chaos that went with it.

"Bendy, I think we're at the wrong place," I said to him, feeling inadequate to face the horrors that I'm bound to face.

" Well Cocoa, if we play our cards right," He said, as we dodged everything that was thrown in our direction, "we might as well come back in one piece. Oh, and by the way, whatever you do-"

Suddenly, a goat demon lady came angrily out of an unknown room. She was tall, and wore a blue dress with white dots on it, she also had round glasses, and a huge bell attached to her neck, and I have to mention that she has a temper that's firey as Hell itself!

SILENCE!!!!

...Her voice boomed through the halls, and with that, she silenced everyone. DEAD. I turned to Bendy for appeal and answers, but I was left with none.

"I have never seen such disappointment from you lot, in a millennium!" She bellowed, before darting her wrath-filled gazes, and spotted me, to my misfortune. "especially when I smell the stench of putrid halfbreeds in my school!" 

All of a sudden, all the demons in that school turned to look at me, but not in any possible positive way. I asked myself what my dad's got me into, but this was no turning back, and I certainly am no chicken, so I looked at the lady goat demon lady defiantly while she stared down at me, because I already knew who she was.

"Hello, Ms. Lilith," I said, calmly. "I s'pose this is no way to treat your students on their first day of this school."

Ms. Lilith's nostrils flared.

"Don't think I'll go soft on anyone here young lady!" She bleated, " I own this school and you will show me proper respect!"

" Be careful, have no idea, who you're up against..." I warned her with glowing eyes. "Now if you'll excuse me, I would like to know where my classroom is."

The rest of the demons in the school looked at each other.

"It's in the room to your right." A demoness as known as Vine indicated.

Bendy pulled me in and whispered, that Vine was referring to the classroom numbered 666.

"Thank you," I said while long at Vine in the eye. Leaving the demons and Ms. Lilith to depart to their assigned classroom in unusual peace. Getting in the classroom with the number of the beast on the door, Bendy and I were greeted by Stolas, our astronomy, and sacred geometry teacher. I became enamored with the knowledge of the stars, as he used his grimoire to show us all about the cosmos.

Then, there was Azezal, who taught us about finding our unique talent in a demonic version of Home Ec. In which I learned to use a sewing machine and demonic fabrics, me and Bendy worked quite well in creating flowing attires

Then there were dueling lessons taught by two people: War, (formerly known as Camael), and Samaelcally owned Purgatory.

At lunch, I was invited to sit with Bendy and a few classmates of Seductive Education. Which as you might expect were succubi all three of them. 

They were known as Jezebel, Clara, and Izzy. I had no trouble in interacting with them, but out of the three, Izzy seemed to listen the most when I talked, and she had unique tastes, especially when it came to the subject of herbology. She even showed me her pet carnivorous plant, Chompy, which trusted her more than anything (but he was nice once I got to know him).

For the final class of the day, we learned Demonic History with Lilith's pet snake, Hisstoria. Her relationship with other students, including yours truly is as bitter as the owner of this school herself, but the only difference is, that she is a bit kinder to some of us, and loves the taste of apples. (Get the irony?)

I went home, still thanking the 7 circles the day was over at last. Only a box of Angel Blood could soothe my nerves, and it was the best drink the student body could taste.

"So, I see you've taken a liking to Angel Blood, huh?"

I nodded.

"Never had it before, but it tastes awesome."

Bendy crawled to where I was sitting and let me on a little secret of that uniquely tasty beverage.

"They say," He whispered," That this drink can also make ghosts real again."

I looked at the container of the beverage and thought it would be nice to share the concoction with my new friend.

"Wanna share 'em with me?" I asked.

Bendy laughed.

"You're too kind, Cocoa, but I think I'll pass." Bendy declined, " If I drink this, I won't be doing her right."

I asked Bendy who was he talking about. That was when he pulled out a picture of a familiar Angel girl...

"Her name is Alice Angel, Cocoa!" Bendy explained," She is both, the love of my life, and the reason I can't risk being put in detention." 

I got a shiver down my spine, was that what happened with all my cousins, and was that the reason why they couldn't come home? My suspicion was correct, and I had a way to weaken Lillith and free everyone. If that wasn't enough to motivate me, Bendy revealed to me that Lilith is my father's ex-wife (without knowing that I'm his daughter, obviously.) I must've totally aced in hiding my identity because I acted with casual humor.

"I see why he left her," I said. "Thank Lucifer he was wise enough to do that."

Suddenly the bus door honked, indicating my stop. I shook Bendy by the hand, and I said that I'll meet him and Izzy tomorrow. Good thing the bus stopped a good distance away from where I lived, but I ran into my father King Dice, who greeted me lovingly. I told him everything including who really owned the school. His comment was the same as mine:

"I see why he left her..."

I asked my dad when can I reveal to my friends what I truly am. His answer was short but sweet.

"Whenever you're ready, love." He said," By the way, a little chalice told me that you need to help her find the rest of the Wondertart ingredients, but be careful; though, this Saltbaker chap is as salty as his name."

I took his advice, but I didn't take it seriously, thinking back on it, I kinda wished I did, but right now, my two priorities were:

1. Survive Demon School, and free the students within.

2. Help Ms. Chalice regain her stolen life.

I could've asked my new friends I made today, but I decided to know them better, to then eventually lower my guard. The good news was, tomorrow is the weekend so that meant I could hunt the rest of the Wondertart ingredients without worrying about school. Thus my routine became as follows: Student by day, scavenger hunter by night.

"Oh, and by the way, "Dice said," someone ya like sent two cards, they left it at your desk."

King Dice watched happily from the corner as I examined the red and blue diamond and spade card, as he fondly remembered how he did almost the same thing to express his adoration for the Devil.

"Heh, looks like history repeats itself, after all, my Luci." He said while looking up. That was when he recalled a time in which his gift mattered more than the three words...

With his flashback ended, he sighed as tears formed in the corner of his eyes.

"Daddy," I said, bringing a box of tissues, by levitating," Why are you crying?" I said while smiling at him.

"I miss your papa that's all..." He sniffed, as he wiped his tears.

"Don't worry, dad." I said," I'll bring him back."

Dice couldn't hold back.

"Cocoa don't even think about it, it's too dangerous." His voice became stern and broken. I sighed, before uttering the truth every parent is forced to handle...

"Dad, I'm not a kid, anymore, I've dealt with a with a near-death experience, so I'm going to bring dad back no matter what it takes."

With that being said, I went off to  meet off with Ms. Chalice which as expected (or maybe not), she was there. She might've known what I had to say.

"Cocoa, the Gnome Berries. We have to fight the mountain giant Glumstone." Ms. Chalice indicated. 

Overlooking the mountains I realized that once I started climbing up these snowy alps, there would be no way back down unless the Gnome Berries were retrieved. Luckily, I had wings, and comfy winter clothing, and a scarf, plus I turned my straw into earmuffs So basically I was prepared.

With that being said, the hardest weekend of my life began, and there was nowhere to go but up, and onwards battling the altitude and the dangers of ending up like a popsicle. One thing's for certain I was doubling down, even if there was gnome way out...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772 35 15
♤ Book 2 ♤ The Devil has finally left Inkwell. Everyone couldn't be more happy now... well except one person. Cherry's soul contract is still missing...
175K 3.3K 22
This story follows a young girl named Y/N who encounters a path full of mixed feelings when she meets a charming man that has taken a liking to her...
14.6K 219 12
The moment you entered this place made you realized... You're in for one hell of a time. After the two Cup brothers gave up, the Devil took their sou...
3.4K 107 7
King dice worked in the Casino since he was a young Child, and the more he grew, the more his Boss, 'The Devil' and Dice himself became more closer...