The Mafia's Ballerinas

By EstherAliwrites

Meet Lucas, outside his home he is know as Veleno the most feared man running the most dangerous gang and wea... More

Chapter One
chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
CHAPTER five
CHAPTER SIX
chapter Eight
chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter Fourteen
chapter Fifteen
chapter Sixteen
chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter 19 ( part one )
Chapter 19 ( part two )
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty six

chapter seven

8.4K 234 13
By EstherAliwrites

Walking down the quiet dark valley for ten minutes . Ten more left.   I can feel eyes watching me I look back and see nothing but darkness . Strange. I hunch my duffel bag's strap on my shoulder and quicken my walk until someone knocks me on the ground.

I feel a strong pain on the side of my head and I could  hear weird noises . I open my eyes and saw Lucas on top of me he pulls a gun out of his pocket and shoots someone from the distance. The weird noises... I was being shot at .

Lucas pulls me up and directs me to a wall. " Stay here and don't move " he says in alert . Who does he think he could order ? My stubbornness gets the best of me " No I need to go home  now " I sternly  " there are men armed you can't leave ye-" I grab a wooden bar and throw  at man in black aiming his gun to Lucas' head . It hits him in the head . I don't know where that thing came from .

" we can't stay here , my car is parked on the next street you go and I'll clear your way to there"  as much as I hate it when he orders me  I follow his direction to his car he gives me his keys and I run to the car.

Few minutes later he climbs in the car and we quickly drive away . I look back to see who they were but they were all wearing  black masks but , what stood out was the flame on the forearm .

The car ride is quite the air was tense all you could hear sound of the wind" how did you know I was being shot at ?" I ask " not even a thank you first?" glance my way giving me a questioning look" I didn't ask you to stop by and save me I can defend myself "
" That wooden bar wouldn't stop the bullets from coming would it ? " " but with it I managed to knock over the man that tried to stab you and that saved you " " I guess we are equal then " he gives  me a mock smirk . I'm m really starting to dislike him

. " I was driving back home then I saw men with guns following you so decided to stop by and save you from dieing" " do you know them ?" he ask "no " I lie.

I know that gang I grew up with them but I wouldn't just share my life story with a man I barely know .

" whoever they are they were trying to kill you so it not save for you to walk in that area " " that is the only way  to my house"   Lucas shrugs , sparing me a look" then you have to look for another way back "

" where are you taking me" I ask him as I see him taking the main road " somewhere safe , my house ." I feel anger rising in me ." I didn't ask you to take me there " Lucas sighs " do you rather go back walking to the same area they tried to shoot you or go to rest somewhere safe?" I keep quiet" I will  drop you off first thing in the morning  "

We arrive  at a huge house that was lighten up by the street lights to say that the outside isn't beautiful enough the inside is mouth dropping . I expected the  girls to run around the house but it is quiet " your daughters aren't here?" " There are at one of my houses"  Lucas answers

" you can sleep here for tonight . My bedroom is down the hall if you need anything I'll be downstairs " he says , showing the third door down the hallway I nod and I look down at my clothes .

This is not for sleeping .

He goes inside his bedroom and comes out with a t- shirt and sweatpants " Just incase you want to change out of your clothes" he hands it to me " they are brand new , I keep clothes in here just in case I want to crash in"
" thanks"  he enters in his bedroom and I do the same .

The bedroom is painted in white and grey just as the furnitures . I put my duffle  bag on the bed and look for my phone, it isn't there. 

I groan, it must have fallen out when the incident happened " this day is the worst " I say to myself.

I look down at the clothes a bit sceptical to wear it . I look at the tag price and smell it . Definitely new. I go inside the bathroom splash some water on my face and change into the clothes it is way too big so I  thighten the waistband of the sweatpants then fold the sleeves of the T-shirt .  walk out to go downstairs

" Don't worry  bambina I will be back tomorrow ." Turning around the counter to see Lucas on phone .

" But who is gonna put us to bed ? " I hear a child say " yeah dada and the rocket chip" " Uncle Marc will do it " They all protest " It's bed time now you have to sleep , goodnight girls" he waits a moment before hanging up .

" Eavesdropping aren't we ?"  He says without even looking back  " I was not eavesdropping "

He turns around raises an eyebrow " whatever you say  , dinner is ready

"  Dinner?" " Yes I made dinner for you " I look at him suprise he cooked it for me "aren't you hungry ?" " I'm hungry , thank you "

I inspect the food first then said a silent prayer ." It not poisonous you know " Lucas says , snapping me out of my thoughts." I know that ."

A few seconds pass as we eat until I break it " why do you have a  gun in your pocket ?"  I ask . He looks up at me and smiles " For protection ."

" Protection? You have enemies or something? " I frown . " You can say that " He nods

" what do you do for a living? " I ask again. The feeling of  wanting to know more about his life takes over .

" What is up with the questions ? "  He chuckles ,I look at him suspiciously .
  " It it is hard to trust someone who walks and just shoot someone  like it's a piece of cake i  just have to make sure " " of what?" " That you are not a psycho"

Lucas just smirks  " I'm a business man ,  my business is cargo trade I'm sure you heard of it"  my eyes  widens he is THE ArMaNi?! He is the most famous man in Italy " yes I'm THE ArMaNi now you know who you're dealing with" " that doesn't faze me "  I say keeping a straight face continue to eat in silence then my eyes gets  heavy .

What time is it? I finish my food  he takes  my empty plate  and place it in the dishwasher he switch off the light then walk out I do the same he direct me to my bedroom

"Goodnight  ,Angel"
" night"

I enter the room and lay down on the bed sleep directly seeps  in
***
Word count 1175
Not edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 388 53
★Book one of the De Luca series Twenty three years old Grace morano has just one dream in her life ...to make it big in her career as a ballerina...
156K 4.2K 51
"I'm not your bitch, Non succede," he says shaking his head. (not happening). "Are you sure? You aren't my bitch for tonight?" I lean down latching m...
292K 6.9K 107
Mafia / Romance Blaise Valentino a coldhearted soul. The mafia leader, everything revolved around him & him only. He was emotionless, didn't care ab...
5.9K 133 21
Lorenzo D'Angelo is the most ruthless man in the underworld, He is the heir to the most feared Mafia gang in the entire world. Everyone bows to him a...