Cuphead: The Devil's Daughter

By MariaLuizaCardoso4

An unexpected turn of events surfaces in Hell one fateful day, when the romance between the devil and a dice... More

Chapter 1: To Start this Story Right
Chapter 2: Milkshakes and Burgers
Chapter 3: At the Carnevil
Chapter 4: Meeting Elder Kettle
Chapter 5: On a Roll!
Chapter 6: Letters and the Well
Chapter 7: One Hell of a Family
Chapter 8: Sugarland Shananigans
Chapter 9: Gifts
Chapter 10: Rugged Ridge Ruins
Chapter 11: The Golden Violin
Chapter 12: The Lament of the King
Chapter 13: Plane Crazy
Chapter 14: Soldier, Poet, Krieg
Chapter 15: Sacrifice of the Seven Seas
Chapter 16: Lime in the Coconut
Chapter 17: Baleful Birthday Bash
Chapter 19: Meeting Saltbaker
Chapter 20: Demon School
Chapter 21: David and Goliath
Chapter 22: Show and Swell
Chapter 23: The Ocean's Ballad
Chapter 24: Of Fire and Ice
Chapter 25: Saltbaker, the Psycho
Chapter 26: One Last Hurrah
Chapter 27: And They All Lived...

Chapter 18: Misadventures in Stageplay Sittin'

13 0 0
By MariaLuizaCardoso4

Remember the blond parasol lady, I mentioned in one of my early adventures in Inkwell, Sally Stageplay? She rang me on the phone and said she needed my help with something. Being the good friend that I am, I excused myself from my casino duties; and went down to help her. However, I swear to all the 7 circles of Hell, my mind was blown to bits when I found out that The Stageplays lived in a huge house, just in the heart of town.

"So this must be where she lives..." I thought.

Just then, I heard the sound of a baby giggling, and I was nearly met with a glass baby bottle on the head. It was one of the Stageplay twins. They may look cute on the surface, but they make more mischief than me and the cup brothers combined.

Suddenly a mustached man popped out of the window, with a curious look.

"Who is it, bambini?" Asked Mr. Stageplay holding his baby son, as he looked out the window.

I waved at him with an excited grin, then heard them running down the stairs. Soon the Stageplay family came to receive me at the door. I was foolish in thinking that I could take care of the twins on my own, I just didn't realize that yet.

"Ah, Cocoa Cup," Sally exclaimed, "Youse got here fast!"

Sally and Stanley went to explain that they wanted me to take care of their babies Evan and Allyssa Stageplay because they were going on a romantic dinner together. I took advantage to ask them why did they ambush me with their baby bottles.

"It's because their-a not-a used to-a strangers!" James Stageplay explained.

I looked at them with suspicion, but they just clapped their hands and laughed.

"Buh!" Evan babbled.

I sighed and smiled.

" You guys just can't help but be cute, can't you?" I told the little stageplays, as I picked them up. The Stageplays provided me with everything I could need, including fresh diapers, bottles, some plushies, milk, and a rattle.

"Alright, twinsies, your parents are going out for a while, but they won't be gone for very long. Do you wanna say goodbye?"

I brought them to the entrance of the house, and I said goodbye with the twins in my arms. Just when I thought this was going to be easy, they started mewling, while laying in my arms. 

The sound of their cries was agonizing indeed. Especially because a baby's only form of communication is their cries, which leaves you to guess what they want. They could be sleepy, hungry, wanting a toy, gassy, or even upset. In that case, they were upset because their parents went away for the night.

"Oh, shhh... don't cry kids, here, let auntie Cocoa show you what she can do."

I used my magic to make illusions to entertain the kids, as they cease their cryings and giggled and clapped their hands instead. Never thought I'd use my powers to entertain little kids like them, I guess that was part of my training I never knew I needed. Just then, a stench interrupted the spectacle. Again, I used magic to replace the diapers and place powder on their butts.

"There you go kiddos, all clean," I said, to them, "guess this isn't so bad, is it?" I asked. But this is when the real problem came in. Their bellies started to growl, and their lips started to quiver, as they whimpered. I put them into their little chairs and got out their baby food, I tried to get them to eat, but they refused to eat it.

"C'mon guys, that's good for you," I told them.

Allyssa leaned forward from her chair and smelled the slop, she nearly turned green and splatted the plate of baby food on my face.

"Ugghh... this baby food is disgusting..." I groaned, then turned to the twins, who were still crying. A sigh came out of my mouth after I shook off the baby food off my face. I got them the bottle but Allyssa still cried. Evan knew his sister better than anyone else, so he somehow tossed his blankie to her, and I was surprised when Alyssa caught it without missing it!

" What're you gonna do with your brother's blankie?" I asked, little Alyssa. She used her brother's blankie to wipe the grubby mess off my clothing. I looked down, and saw Evan smiling at me in crawling position. Once the deed was done, Alyssa winked to her brother, and he did the same, but with a wink.

"You two, will make a great-" I paused before there was a knock at the door. I already had Alyssa in my arms, so I scooped, Evan, (and his diaper), and went straight to the door. 

"Coming!" I shouted, as my quickened footsteps sounded closer on the other side. You'll never guess who was standing at the door with his face shadowed by the afternoon sun, Yep, you guessed it, it was Cuphead. He wore a red flannel checker jacket and brown pants, unlike the previous outfit he was wearing.

"Cute Kids," He said, "Sounds like you've been busy..."

I knew what he was trying to say, but I told him that these little ones weren't mine, and that I was babysitting for The Stageplays. Cuphead laughed softly, as I allowed him to hold Allyssa in his arms, while she cooed and sucked her thumbs. We decided it would be best to take them for a stroll, not knowing the awkwardness that followed. In which the whole townsfolk thought Allyssa and Evan were our children.

"Cocoa, I swear to cup, I'm beginning to think this is a really bad idea..."

"Yeah," I agreed, "We just started dating, and I don't think we have the consent to have a baby, " I said, before my eyes flashed green."EVER!"

Cuphead looked at me, as though I said, something offensive to him.

"Ouch..." He replied. "But you're right."

We even took turns in feeding both of the twins, burping them, and even singing to them, and of course bearing the comments from the citizens; which in the end, we enjoyed all the attention of the townsfolk. I looked at the watch it was already late. We almost made it to the Stageplay's house but then someone said:

" WHAT IN THE- COCOA CUP, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE EXPECTING AN HEIR?!" 

We rolled our eyes, it was King Dice.

"For the love of Asmodeus, dad, these babies aren't mine."

Cuphead joined in.

"Darn right, and we have to get them home before their mom and dad comes back!"

King Dice smiled, smugly but tenderly.

"Welp youse crazy kids better hurry, 'cause their parents are coming home in,"  King Dice stated, as he checked his pocket watch. "exactly one hour."

Cuphead and I looked at each other, before we sped like racing cars to Sally's house. Suddenly, the Devil ran outside to see him.

"Dicey, hon, what's all the racket?" The Devil  asked.

"She's helping out, darling."  Dice answered.

Stanley and Sally got home, as expected, only to find us nearly falling asleep while rocking the twins to sleep. They thanked us for our help, and rewarded us, with tickets to one of her plays. We were about to head on home, when suddenly Stanley declared...

" You and-a Cuphead, make a fine-a couple, I-a bet-a you're- a going to have-a your-a own bambinos- a someday, yes?"

We froze for a moment then we grinned at each other, nervously.

" Shall we...?" 

"Let's."

We ran away screaming, leaving nothing but dust behind. Leaving Mr. Stageplay confused, while his wife just giggled.

"What's-a with-a them?" He asked to Sally.

"Oh, it's nothin', dear,she said, as she kissed him on the cheek, as they turned to go inside. The stage twins suddenly woke up, and waved and smiled to an undignified audience, and spoke their first word.

"Buh- bye!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.3K 22
This story follows a young girl named Y/N who encounters a path full of mixed feelings when she meets a charming man that has taken a liking to her...
3.4K 116 21
𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚠𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚌𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚐𝚘...
620 27 14
(not finished btw) exactly what the title says. warning, there will be swearing, angst, suggestive content, etc. THIS IS A DIFFERENT AU THAN MY OTHER...
5.1K 285 26
(TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of Abuse) King Dice had the ideal life, and soon lost it all when his brothers came along. How will his life go after year...