Their safe haven

By everlove2069

After her mother's and step fathers death, Evelyn must move in with her 7 older brothers who she had no idea... More

More info...
Characters 
Chapter one🫶🏼
Chapter two🫶🏼
Chapter three🫶🏼
Chapter four🫶🏼
Chapter five🫶🏼
Chapter six🫶🏼
Chapter seven🫶🏼
Chapter eight🫶🏼
Chapter nine🫶🏼
Chapter ten🫶🏼
Chapter eleven🫶🏼
Chapter twelve🫶🏼
Chapter thirteen🫶🏼
Chapter fourteen🫶🏼
Chapter fifteen🫶🏼
Chapter sixteen🫶🏼
Chapter seventeen🫶🏼
Chapter eighteen🫶🏼
Chapter nineteen🫶🏼
Chapter twenty🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-one🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-two🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-three🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-four🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-five🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-six🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter thirty🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-one🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-three🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-four🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-five🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-six🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter forty🫶🏼
Chapter forty-one🫶🏼
Chapter forty-two 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-three🫶🏼
Chapter forty-four🫶🏼
Chapter forty-five🫶🏼
Chapter forty-six🫶🏼
Chapter forty-seven 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter forty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter fifty🫶🏼
Chapter fifty-two🫶🏼

Chapter thirty-two🫶🏼

4.6K 118 57
By everlove2069

Evelyn's pov
"I love you my little flower."

I felt my phone buzz as I was packing my bag, we had five minutes left so I was grabbing all of my items before the bell rang. I took my phone from my back pocket and I didn't recognize the number so I answered it and put it to my ear.

E: Hello?

Unknown: Does he know that you are a slut? Did you tell him that you aren't as innocent as you put off?

E: How-

Unknown: Your mother wants you back and I need you for business, your brothers won't always be there by your side.

Click.

I quickly hung up and grabbed my bag before running out of the classroom, I heard the teacher yelling at me but I pushed her voice away and ran to the front of the school.

I called Romeo and the twins but they didn't pick up. I tried calling Alessandro and Marco but they also didn't answer. Finally, I took a deep breath and called Angelo. After a few rings it finally answered and I sighed in relief.

L: Evelyn, this better be an emergency. We are very-

E: Luca we need to talk. I can barely breathe. Please just talk to me.

L: What happened? Slowly down, take a deep breath, and sit down somewhere.

E: I can't Luca. I can't he is near. Please just talk!

L: Okay, I'm on my way to the house tell Rain to take you back home.

E: I'm not going back there Luca, not alone.

L: Okay, have Rain take you to the state building he knows where it is.

E: Okay, bye.

L: Bye.

Click.

I hung up the phone and turned to see Rain opening the school doors while looking around with wide eyes. I walked over to him and pointed to the car, without a word he nodded and walked to the car.

As we were walking to the doors I saw a small red dot on Rain's back. Without thinking I quickly threw myself onto Rain's body making him drop to his knees as a loud gunshot went off. Rain's body grew tense and I felt him pick me up and quickly stuff me in the car with me on his lap.

I put my hand on my side and winced at the sharp pain. I looked down at my red hand and looked up at Rain. "State building. And Rain, I'm bleeding." Rain glanced down and cursed while speeding out of the school parking lot.

Rain covered my hand with his that was on my side and put pressure on the wound making me suck in a breath to hold in the scream of pain that sat in my throat wanting to be released.

I grabbed my phone and groaned as Rain put more pressure on the wound. "RAIN! That hurts you ass hole!" Rain didn't look down at me as he continued to weave through traffic.

I called Angelo on my phone and a few seconds later the phone picked up and I placed Angelo on speaker while resting my head on Rain's chest.

A: Evelyn? What's up kiddo Luca said you were on your way.

R: Capo this is Rain, she was shot at the school there was hit on me. She jumped in front of me I don't know how bad it is. 'Don't close your eyes, baby.'

E: I'm okay, I promise.

A: Fuck! Okay hurry up, Rain I'm trusting you with my sister's life. You better take good fucking care of her while you drive.

R: With all due respect sir please shut the fuck up. Your sister is trying to push my fucking hand away. 'Ev stop I have to put pressure!'

E: Fuck off please, it hurts Rain...it hurts.

A: Evelyn listen, Rain has to put pressure to help keep the bleeding to a minimum. Try to relax for me, I know it's hard.

R: Shit! Evelyn wake up! Angelo, we are here!

Click.

I heard the light yells around me as black dots started to cloud my vision. I watched as Rain ran into a building and I saw all of my brothers standing around to help. I tried to keep my eyes open but they felt so heavy that I had to close them.

Rains pov

"Shit." I looked over at Angelo and then glanced down at Evelyn who had fallen limp in my arms. Shit is right, that crazy woman took a fucking bullet for me!

I ran into the empty medic room and placed Evelyn on the bed while still holding her side in my hand, her blood was dripping from my fingers and I tried to stay calm and not absolutely freak out and try to wake her up like a crazy person.

Angelo told me to lift her shirt as he started to get his tools ready so I quickly tucked her shirt into her sports bra. I could feel her brother's gazes on me but at the moment I couldn't give two fucks about them. I held a rag to her side as Angelo grabbed a tray of items.

I moved out of the way and felt a heavy hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to face Luca and put my head down in shame. "Thank you. I need details, everything from when she called me." I was in shock that LUCA of all people told me a 'thank you' I turned away and looked down at Evelyn.

Right as Angelo was about to put the long tweezers into the hole in her side she shifted in her unconscious state. My skin shivered as if I was cold but I was completely warm, I don't know what just happened but when she did that I wanted to crawl out of my skin and hide.

Marco held her arm down while Angelo gave her an IV. "What is that?" Angelo glanced up at me and glared at me. "A sedative, you want her to feel pain?" I quickly shook my head and turned back to Luca.

Luca nodded to the door and I got the hint and followed him to his office. Once we got to the foggy glass door he opened it and I walked in behind him. The brothers have an office firm that hides the illegal shit, Luca being second to Angelo as Angelo took the head of being CEO.

When I stepped into the large office I looked around at the simple black and white office that had one leather chair that sat in front of a medium size black desk. "Sit." I walked to the seat and sat while I waited for the questions to roll in.

Luca took a deep breath as he sank into his black leather chair. "Start from the beginning when she called." I shook my head and took a deep breath while thinking back.

"She got a phone call four minutes before class was over, she seemed to get upset and she ran out of the classroom. I walked out to the front and saw her, we walked to the car when she must have seen something because she practically leaped onto me. She took the bullet." If only I'd seen that fucking bullet coming.

I heard Luca curse under his breath as he nodded while pulling out his phone and calling someone. "I need someone to track her phone calls and someone check those goddamn cameras!" Luca sounded like my dad as he spoke and it had me flinching slightly.

When he placed his phone down he turned to me and nodded a few times. "Go home." I was about to argue but I decided against it and walked out of the door.

I stopped by where the room Evelyn was in and I saw all of the brothers across the room while Angelo was sewing the small hole in her side.

I wanted to wake her up and yell at her but I knew that I couldn't, I knew that when she woke up I would want to just hold her and I hated that. I pushed away from the wall and stormed out of the office building into the black Audi that I had driven her in.

I raced home and blared music as I weaved between traffic. I slammed my hand on the steering wheel as I thought of how pale her face was, how she screamed at me that I was hurting her by trying to put pressure. "Fuck!" I speed up and started to turn onto an open road where I just went in a straight line.

This was my escape. I wanted to ask her after class if she would allow me to be her boyfriend. She didn't answer me this morning and I forced her into having a panic attack which I beat myself up for. I know firsthand how scary that shit is and I had accidentally pushed her right into an attack.

I stopped at the old house that I call 'home' and got out of the car while locking it behind me. Lilith wasn't home and I know that she is at her boyfriend's house. I stopped walking when I saw the black Honda in the gravel driveway.

I walked into the dark house and walked to the kitchen where I started to hear shouts. "I told you to get my fucking food ready! Do you think I fucking care about you being injured?! I don't give a fuck make it again!" I tensed and stopped at my stepfather's voice and I knew that he was talking to my mother.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Frederick standing over my mother as she shook in fear. Her eyes shot to mine and she shook her head and I looked at her with disgust. Frederick turned around and glared at me and tried to size me up with his 5'10 self.

I stood with my head up as I told myself not to let any emotion seep through. "Look who finally came home. If it isn't my son Nico." I hated my name, I think that it is the most unattractive name someone could possibly have and I hated to hear it in his mouth more than anything.

I shook my head and glanced down at the small man. "I'm not your son. Stay the fuck away from my mother and sister. If I find one more bruise on my mother I will personally cut your fucking hands off." He knew never to touch Lilith, whenever she came home we were the perfect family. I made sure it stayed that way, no matter how many whips I had to get to keep that in place.

When he shook his head I tilted my head to the side. "I wasn't asking. Stay the fuck out of our lives." I wasn't going to be the little seven year old boy anymore. I was eighteen and I sure as hell will not let a grown man run my family into the ground anymore.

I saw his fist come up from the corner of my eyes and I caught his wrist in a tight grip. Fear flashed through his eyes as I bent his wrist backward making him drop to his knees in front of me. "I am going to kill you one day, till then I will give you a head start." I let his wrist go and he quickly got off the floor and ran out the front door.

Once I heard his car leave I turned and helped my mom from off the floor, her dark brown hair was a mess so I smoothed it out while looking into her grey eyes that matched mine. "I love you honey, but you can't just keep protecting me." I shook my head as I scuffed.

I had to back away from her, I couldn't be around her right now, that fucking look in her eyes the one where I knew she would give him a fourth chance. "If you let him back I will take Lilith and move out. You will be dead to me and her. You know what he did to me! You know that he-he touched your child but you ALLOW him back!" I threw my hand back and I accidentally shattered a vase making my mom jump.

I put my hand on my forehead and started to back away to the door. "I'm not helping you again, not until you can help yourself. I won't do it momma I love you too much to see you put yourself in that situation again." I saw tears fall from her eyes as I closed the door behind me.

All emotions flowed through me as I kicked over a few flower pots, letting them shatter while trying to get my anger under control. I felt my phone buzz and I pulled it out of my back pocket and looked down at it. Everything in my world seemed to stop as I read the text from Evelyn.

Worm: Hey so my brothers kind of left to find someone or something like that and I just wanted to say thank you in person. Do you have time to come over?

Me: Be right there ma'am

Worm: Gross, don't call me that.

Me: Mhm, you know you like it. Crazy woman.

Worm: Whatever just get over here so I can say thank you.

I placed my phone in the cup holder and quickly started the gorgeous car letting it purr to life. I drove all the way to her house while doing about seventy to eighty miles per hour.

I had to stop myself from speeding up a few times because I didn't want to seem too desperate to see her. But I truly am that desperate to see her.

Once I got to her house I saw Row outside the fence, I lied and said that they called me to guard. I was well known to the brother so he let me through the gate and I made a mental note to beat the fuck out of him for letting me in that easily.

I decided to just climb up to her window for fun, I climbed onto the side of the house and grabbed onto the library's patio to help lift myself up to her window.

I knocked on the window and a few seconds later her face peeked through the window before quickly opening the window and stepping to the side. She just stood there and watched me with a small smile on her face.

"Go back to the bed. You are fucking hurt." I looked down at her waist and saw the small white bandage that was on her side. I glared at the bandage, wanting to heal it with my eyes but I know I couldn't sadly.

She tried to poke it and I grabbed her wrist and guided her back to her bed. Before she could get into the bed I took my shoes off and sat against her headboard, pulling her down to sit in between my legs. Once she got comfortable she leaned her head back onto my chest and smiled up at me.

Her smile dropped as she cupped my cheek. "Thank you for saving my life." I lifted her hand away from my cheek and kissed her knuckles. "I should be saying that to you. You jumped in front of me like an idiot." She laughed while nodding her head. Her laugh was cute and watched as her nose lifted up and how her eyebrows pulled together.

She was gorgeous, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I pushed her hair away from her face and lifted her up by her armpits so that she was almost sitting on my chest. "You are so gorgeous. So gorgeous." She looked at me with those siren green eyes and I had to shift her a bit so she wouldn't feel my hard-on.

I placed my hand on her hip and another on her cheek to turn her face to mine. "Be mine." Her lips tilted upwards before leaning up and capturing my lips in hers. I sighed into the kiss as I felt her soft lips against mine making my heart race against my ribcage.

I had to pull her face away before I got too sucked into the kiss and looked down at her. "Be mine Evelyn." I stroked her cheek and kissed her nose while she just smiled, mischief clear in her dark eyes.

"No." I pulled back and looked back and forth between her eyes. "No, because I'm already yours Rain. I've already gotten attached so I guess now you are stuck with me." I smiled, like a dimple showing smile as I leaned down and claimed her soft lips once again.

This crazy woman has driven me mad for almost two months now. I didn't want to pull away from the kiss so I tilted her head back a bit to get more access and as I pushed my lips harder into hers she let out a soft groan making my hard-on become painful against my jeans.

I felt the bandage under my hand and I quickly pulled away, when she pulled back she kept her eyes closed and I traced her swollen lips with my fingertips.

When she opened her eyes I had to take a deep breath as I saw the lust swirling in her eyes. She tried to lean in and I had to pull back. "I can't, you're hurt. Let me take care of you." She tried to shake her head but I placed my fingers under her chin and nodded while kissing her nose.

I slid out from under her and she tried to hide herself under her covers but I quickly pulled them away. I looked down and saw that the bandage had red blood on the outside. My heart dropped as she placed her hand over the spot and groaned a bit.

I was in the position to handle the situation by myself or to rat myself out and call her brothers. I thought for a whole two seconds before deciding that I could handle this situation on my own.

I placed a hand under her arms and another under her legs, gently picking her up she winced but hid her face in my chest as I walked over to her bathroom.

I set her on the counter and bent down to the cupboards. I lifted off of my knees and placed the red box next to her as she watched me like I was insane. "Lean back." She shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest.

I sighed and grabbed the back of her thighs, pulling her down a bit so her head slid down a bit along with her body giving me full access to her wound. I glanced up and saw her chest rising and falling with fast movement.

I leaned down and slowly took the bandage off while she held onto my shoulders with a tight grip. The wound itself was small and was a perfect circle but the only problem was the bleeding. I tried to think of what actions would have caused her to bleed like this, then it all clicked.

The kiss. It had to be. And when she got up and started moving. I sighed as I placed a new bandage onto the wound and placed medical tape to hold the gauze pad to her skin. I got up and she leaned forward and rested her head on my chest.

I had to pull her away and make her look at me so she could understand that I was serious. "No more kissing for a while, and no more moving I think me and your brothers would agree, yes?" By the look on her face, I was probably about to die in about two seconds but I didn't care.

I picked her up off of the counter and walked back to her bed. "I'm fine with not kissing you. I've done it for almost 17 years. What's a few more." I scuffed at her dramatics and placed her into her bed.

I bent down and kissed her forehead while covering her in her blankets. "You know I never said yes to being your girlfriend. I could technically go and kiss say...Zion and still be a single girl." I tried not to strangle myself with her hair as she just continued to talk under her breath.

As I was about to turn around her words finally clicked and I quickly turned around and shook my head. "Evelyn. Don't joke right now." She scooted to the other side of her bed and I sighed while laying down next to her.

"You know I'm right, that's why you are qu-" I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers, her mouth was opened so I slipped my tongue in her mouth and she moaned while placing a hand on the back on my head and pulling my hair lightly making me groan. She smiled and I pulled away once I realized that she had just won.

I glared at her and she smiled innocently while still playing with my hair. "Go lock my door. I will text my brothers and say that I'm sleeping nude or something." I shook my head but still obeyed and got off her bed and locked her door.

I walked back as she was setting her phone down on the bed. She opened her arms and I took the open invitation and gently laid my head on her chest.

I could feel her perky boobs hit my cheek and I had to turn my head a bit so that I wouldn't accidentally drool on her tits. Instead, I turned my head and got a perfect ear shot of her erotic heart beat.

"Goodnight Rain." I know one day I have to tell her my real name but for now, I will live in this moment a bit longer. "Goodnight worm." I soon fell asleep as she continued to play with my hair.

--(Fun fact: I need book recs, but I like dark romances that aren't on Wattpad.)🦋

HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR LITTLE SLUTS.-LOVE AUTHOR

Word count:3748

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 1.3K 28
Aurora Rose Romano a 16 year old girl kidnapped from her own mother at the young age of 5. Since then she only knows pain, pain that she receives fro...
3.2M 71K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
Resilience By Swati

Teen Fiction

4.7M 136K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...