Tares City

By Shania_Samm

After being attacked one night during her shift, paramedic Naomi Reid finds herself thrown into the world of... More

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Failure To Execute
3. TCPD's Finest
4. Fates Intertwining
5. Call For Backup
6. Trouble Rising
7. No Sympathy For The Devil
8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself
9. Anonymous Tips
10. Investigations and New Relations
11. Field Trips
12. Blindsides
13. Repercussions
14. Knowing Is Half The Battle
15. What's Past Is Prologue
16. Chaos Under The Moon
17. Thursday
18. When The Levee Breaks
20. Someone From My Past
21. The Calm Before Another Storm
22. Situation Under Control
23. Moving On
24. Conversations Had And Heard
25. Life's Patterns
26. Can't Seem To Get A Break
27. So, What Now
28. (un)Human Behaviors
29. Hospital Trips
30. Places
31. The Detective & The Paramedics
32. The Things That Define Us
33. Sean And Kai
34. The Night Continues
35. Jackson
36. The Night That Keeps On Giving
37. We Need To Discuss This
38. Crazy, How Things Work Out
39. The Tip Of The Iceberg
40. Back To Work
41. Back Against The Wall
42. Ever Be Easy
43. This Is Now
44. Foul Play or Fair Play
45. Just Another Day At Work
46. New Developments
47. Heating up
48. Boiling Point
49. Correlation
50. Moon River
51. Start Of Something?
52. Aftermath
53. Another Bad Day
54. Arrow
55. Distrust & Suspicions
56. Another Problem Brewing
57. Pulled Back In
58. Puzzle Pieces
59. Hunters And Lycans Of Tares City
60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City
61. Gone Is The Illusion Of Control
62. Dilemmas
63. Plans & Assignments
64. History And Its Domino Effect
65. Darla
66. Good Riddance!
67. Just Live...(Until I Die)
68. Trouble Has Its Way Of Finding Us
69. Fracture & Hope
70. Trouble Rears Its Head Again
71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy
72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks
73. Dead-end Problems
74. Imminent Threats
75. Peace Is Temporary
76. Partners In Crime
77. This City
78. The Road To Trouble
79. The Part We Play
80. Location, Location
81. Getting Closer
82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1
83. The Hunt Is On Pt. 2
84. Hostile Takeover
85. Xylia
86. Bad Moon
87. The Kennedys
88. Crossfire, Involvement & Rescue
89. Contact With The Dead
90. Coming To Terms
91. Kennedy City
92. A Plan Formed
93. Beautiful Friendships
94. Power Moves
95. The Gang's All Here
96. A Hell Of A Ride

19. Changes In Relationships

111 46 12
By Shania_Samm

DEAN STRAKEN

"We have IDs on all our bombers. Besides being seen together on a few occasions it doesn't look like they were close friends," Dean says to Calvin.

"Family?" Calvin asks.

"None of them were married, no girlfriends either. The best we have is a list of their employers," Dean responds as he flips through the file in his hand.

"Alright, let's go see if we can figure out why these guys decided to blow up a hospital," Calvin says getting up from his seat. The two of them head to the car, Dean getting behind the driver's seat.

"They just updated the number of casualties," Calvin informs him as he swipes on his phone. "Thirty-two dead, Forty-five injured."

Dean takes a sharp inhale, "Damn!" He exclaims.

"You know, having a vendetta against someone is one thing, but blowing up a hospital! Innocent people who aren't involved in whatever it is have to pay the price! There were children there! How angry – How mad, do you have to be to do such a thing like that?" Calvin comments. "Call them monsters and then you proceed to blow up a hospital. Who're the real monsters then huh?"

Dean remains quiet after Calvin's little speech. The way Calvin moved and spoke made him feel as if he understood more than he was letting on – His detective instincts screaming at him his partner was moving differently.

"Doesn't this rub you the wrong way?" Calvin says after a moment, turning to look at Dean.

"Yeah, yeah it does," He says back to him.

"It's like someone opened Pandora's Box," Calvin comments softly, looking out the window. Dean glances between his friend and the road before humming in agreement.

~

They pull up to their final stop. The work address of the last bomber. Calvin got out of the car, heading for the entrance. Dean did the same, doing his best to keep a scowl off his face. He walked into the familiar building behind Calvin, the two of them walking to the front desk.

"Straken?! Surprised you're showing your face around here again!" The receptionist says out in surprise making Dean cringe.

Calvin turns sharply to face Dean, "You've been here before? You know her?" He asks in shock – Dean also picking up hints of judgment in his tone.

"I've been here a couple of times yeah," Dean answers before quickly changing the topic. "We're here to speak to Max Kilmer's employer," He says to the receptionist formally.

"She isn't in today," The receptionist answers in a fake pleasant tone. "Would you rather speak to the man in charge? Mr. Elmann Berlin? I'm sure he could help you two detectives with whatever it is you need," She says, aiming the last bit at Calvin. Dean saw through her façade, seeing the mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Yes, we'd love to speak to Mr. Berlin," Calvin answers. "Is there anyone here who worked closely with Mr. Kilmer? – We'd need to speak to those persons as well."

"Yeah, a few of his co-workers in today. Can I ask what this is about, detectives?" She says sweetly.

Dean goes to reply but Elmann walks through the doors before he could say anything. He curses in his mind but keeps a blank expression. Dean and Elmann lock eyes as he walks toward them.

"Ah, sir. I was just about to ring you," The receptionist says to him. "These detectives need to talk to you about Kilmer."

"Kilmer? Is he in trouble? Danger?" Elmann says as he reaches them. "Hello, I'm Elmann, I run the place," he introduces himself to Calvin putting out his hand. Calvin accepts, shaking his hand, "Detective Wilson, my partner Detective Straken. Is there someplace we can talk?"

"Yes, follow me," Elmann replies, beginning to walk away.

Dean grabs Calvin's shoulder, "I'll interview the coworkers. You got this, yeah?" He says to him. Calvin gives him a funny expression before nodding and following Elmann. Dean goes on to interview their suspect's co-workers while Calvin interviews Elmann. A couple of minutes pass before they both make their way back to the car.

"You get any useful information?" Dean asks as they get in the vehicle. "Nope," Calvin replies.

"I got nothing from the employees either," Dean says.

"Was it just me or did Berlin not look happy to see you?" Calvin says as they drive back to the precinct.

"I hear what you're saying, I saw it too. But I don't even know the man," Dean lies to his friend.

"The secretary knew you though," Calvin says.

"From once upon a time. We dated didn't really end it on good terms," Dean answers smoothly.

Calvin chuckles and nods at him, "Do any of your dates ever end on good terms man?" He jokes. Dean laughs with him wondering if he truly bought his lies.

~

NAOMI REID

"I still think I should bring it up," Naomi argues as she pulls the ambulance into the firehouse.

"No. I am telling you it is not the best idea right now," Avery responds sternly.

"Are you kidding me? It is the best time! Look what has been happening these past few days! The world is going crazy and he needs to know so he can watch his back. You can't ignore what's going on. Look at what happened yesterday!"

"Naomi, telling your brother about Lycans might not go as smooth as you are imagining," Avery argues making Naomi sigh. Hoping out of the ambulance, the two of them head inside, going straight to their lockers. "I still think I should tell him though. Even if things go awry," Naomi says as she shrugs off her jacket, stuffing it into her bag.

"How do you even plan to approach the topic?" Avery asks. "Do you at least have a plan on what you're going to say and how?"

"I was just going to come out and say it. Rip off the Band-Aid, but slowly," Naomi replies with a shrug.

"No!" Avery says in an exasperated tone. "Okay, you know what. You're already coming over today and we're going to be discussing this topic anyways. So we will talk about this in-depth then."

"That works I guess," Naomi agrees, shutting her locker.

"Sean's here to pick us up," Avery says to her after reading a text on her phone. "Okay, let's go." Although she was able to interact with Avery as normal – Naomi started acting visibly awkward around Sean - With the tendency to flinch every time he made any sudden moves or sounds. Following Avery out of the firehouse, they say their goodbyes to the others and head to Sean's car. Avery greets her boyfriend with a quick kiss as she enters the passenger seat of the car. Naomi climbs in the backseat, clearing her throat in preparation to greet Sean. Just as she goes to speak, her phone begins to ring. Fishing her cell out, she looks at the caller ID, her heart doing a little flip as she read the name. Accepting the call, she places the phone to her ears.

"Hey," She says a little breathlessly making Avery turn around in her seat to look at her.

"Hey, Naomi," Jensen replies to her, his voice seeming deeper than she remembered. "How are you? We haven't talked in a while."

"I'm good. The week's been crazy so far," She replies speaking into the phone softly as she pushes her hand in Avery's face – An attempt to get her to turn back around. "Just getting off shift. And you? How are you?"

"It's been a hectic couple of days, not the best," Jensen says to her with a slight chuckle. "Missing you didn't make them any easier."

Naomi's features transform into a blush as she holds the phone to her ears, "I've missed you too," She says softly. In the passenger seat, Avery gasps out excitedly making Naomi blush harder.

"Are you free, tonight?" Jensen asks.

"Yeah,"

"Good. I'll pick you up at eight then - Take you out for dinner. "

"Okay."

"See you then, Naomi."

"Bye."

"Change of plans," Naomi says to Avery once she ended the call.

~

Outside Naomi's loft, Sean sits in the car eating a bag of chips while Avery and Naomi rummage through the closet. "Found it! The famous birthday dress! Finally, she gets her moment to shine!" Avery announces holding out a hanging garment bag.

Naomi puts on the white, square neck mini dress. The dress itself was runched with drawstrings at its ends. Ending mid-thigh, the dress hugged her figure nicely, showing off just enough cleavage. "You look amazing! Gosh! I love that dress!" Avery gushes. Checking the time on her phone, Avery gets up off the bed. "He'll be here soon, let me get out of your way," She says to Naomi. Avery gives her a quick hug goodbye before heading out.

Naomi goes to sit on her couch but makes a b-line to her room instead. Standing in front of the mirror, she looks over her appearance once more – Wondering if the dress was too much. Just as she begins to consider changing, she hears a knock at the door.

Looking through the peephole first, she opens the door – Greeting Jensen with a smile. "Hi," She says to him as her eyes travel over his frame, admiring his looks.

"Wow! You look stunning," Jensen says to her.

A blush appears on her face at his compliment, "You look good too," she says back to him, her eyes roaming his features once more.

"Ready to go?"

With a nod, she grabs her purse and heads out the door. Standing next to him as she locked the door, the scent of his cologne invaded her senses. The two of them walk together to the building elevator, Jensen's arm sliding around her waist.

~

At the restaurant, the hostess seats Naomi and Jensen at their tables. Handing them their menus, she lists out the wines and signature cocktails available for the night.

"Wine or cocktail?" Jensen asks Naomi.

"Um, wine is fine."

The two get to talking once the hostess leaves, both sharing the events that have occurred but leaving out the Lycan-specific details of their stories. The night passes by quickly, the stresses of their previous days no longer weighing on their shoulders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.7K 42
I could feel its presence from behind me. I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. I turned around, expecting a dark, hide...
21.4M 645K 25
❝when the sun goes down the beast comes out❞ Highest Ranking: General Fiction #2 // Werewolf: #2 ~ He's the reason werewolves lock their doors. She'...
5.6M 260K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
137 0 45
This is a part 2 to Path Of Shadows. If you haven't read that yet, please go back and read from the beginning so you can catch up, even if you read i...