Tares City

Oleh Shania_Samm

After being attacked one night during her shift, paramedic Naomi Reid finds herself thrown into the world of... Lebih Banyak

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Failure To Execute
3. TCPD's Finest
4. Fates Intertwining
5. Call For Backup
6. Trouble Rising
7. No Sympathy For The Devil
8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself
9. Anonymous Tips
10. Investigations and New Relations
11. Field Trips
12. Blindsides
14. Knowing Is Half The Battle
15. What's Past Is Prologue
16. Chaos Under The Moon
17. Thursday
18. When The Levee Breaks
19. Changes In Relationships
20. Someone From My Past
21. The Calm Before Another Storm
22. Situation Under Control
23. Moving On
24. Conversations Had And Heard
25. Life's Patterns
26. Can't Seem To Get A Break
27. So, What Now
28. (un)Human Behaviors
29. Hospital Trips
30. Places
31. The Detective & The Paramedics
32. The Things That Define Us
33. Sean And Kai
34. The Night Continues
35. Jackson
36. The Night That Keeps On Giving
37. We Need To Discuss This
38. Crazy, How Things Work Out
39. The Tip Of The Iceberg
40. Back To Work
41. Back Against The Wall
42. Ever Be Easy
43. This Is Now
44. Foul Play or Fair Play
45. Just Another Day At Work
46. New Developments
47. Heating up
48. Boiling Point
49. Correlation
50. Moon River
51. Start Of Something?
52. Aftermath
53. Another Bad Day
54. Arrow
55. Distrust & Suspicions
56. Another Problem Brewing
57. Pulled Back In
58. Puzzle Pieces
59. Hunters And Lycans Of Tares City
60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City
61. Gone Is The Illusion Of Control
62. Dilemmas
63. Plans & Assignments
64. History And Its Domino Effect
65. Darla
66. Good Riddance!
67. Just Live...(Until I Die)
68. Trouble Has Its Way Of Finding Us
69. Fracture & Hope
70. Trouble Rears Its Head Again
71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy
72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks
73. Dead-end Problems
74. Imminent Threats
75. Peace Is Temporary
76. Partners In Crime
77. This City
78. The Road To Trouble
79. The Part We Play
80. Location, Location
81. Getting Closer
82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1
83. The Hunt Is On Pt. 2
84. Hostile Takeover
85. Xylia
86. Bad Moon
87. The Kennedys
88. Crossfire, Involvement & Rescue
89. Contact With The Dead
90. Coming To Terms
91. Kennedy City
92. A Plan Formed
93. Beautiful Friendships
94. Power Moves
95. The Gang's All Here
96. A Hell Of A Ride

13. Repercussions

131 67 20
Oleh Shania_Samm

ARROW BERLIN

"Oh good! You're up, how are you feeling?" Beau Valentin says to her casually.

"Confused Beau, I am majorly and utterly confused!" Arrow says to him raising her voice.

"I'll explain everything to you. But first I need you to get dressed," He says to her handing her a pile of folded clothes. "Meet me downstairs when you're done."

"Wait, wait," Arrow calls out, stopping him mid-step. "At least answer me this. Who changed me?"

"Bell. Who else?" He replies walking away.

Watching him walk away, Arrow closes the door. "So Bell is here too?" Arrow says out loud to herself as she inspects the clothes – Seeing she was given a pair of light blue jeans and a blue and white striped shirt.

Careful of her injuries, she puts on the clothes as fast as she can. Impatient for answers.

Beau Valentin was an old childhood friend.
The Berlins didn't always live in Tares City. They were originally from a place called Brinsley, a large town located on the other side of the map from Tares. The Valentins were hunters as well – Mr. Valentin being the one to introduce Arrow's father to the Lycan-Hunter world. The two of them were close friends and partners. They raised their children together, training them when they were old enough. Beau was three years older than Arrow, his sister, Bell, was Arrow's age. The last time she'd seen any of them was the day they left Brinsley – After their mother's disappearance.

Once dressed, Arrow heads down the stairs, shocked to see all the familiar faces that were waiting for her. "Arrow! Thank God!" Dean says, getting up from his seat to embrace her in a hug. She hugs him back confused by his presence. As soon as Dean releases her, she finds herself wrapped in another pair of arms. "It's been too long!" The person says to her sincerely.

"Bell," Arrows says, hugging her back tightly.

"You've grown up so much, Arrow," An older male voice says. Looking up, she sees a smiling Mr. Valentin. Releasing Bell, she goes to hug him as well, only just realizing how much she'd missed the family.

"Someone please explain whats goin on here!" She says to the room.

Mr. Valentin goes on to explain everything she needed to know. He filled her in on how they were contacted by Dean, who got their number from her brother - Who was on his way over as they spoke. Dean managed to get in contact with them after he realized how egotistical and incompetent her uncle Elmann was regarding the entire situation. 

They dropped everything, rushing over. Dean worked alongside them. Their combined efforts were how they found out where she was being kept.

"Where is my dad?" Arrow asks, The realization now coming to her amid everything.

"I'm sorry Arrow. But your father didn't make it."

~

DEAN STRAKEN

At the precinct, Dean sat at his desk, mindlessly clicking his pen. His partner Calvin wasn't in for work today – Dean only now finding out that he took a couple of days off. He'd sent Calvin a text but got no response. He wonders about his friend briefly before his mind drifts back to Arrow and everything that had happened.

After she'd woken up, Dean felt like he was finally able to breathe easy again. He sat there amongst everyone, listening as they discussed what was going on. Learning for the first time that there was a Lycan uprising, where Lycans were fighting back against the hunters.

The older man, Mr. Valentin had explained that the Lycans had been hacking into each tablet or phone they got from a hunter. By the time the organization realized which devices were compromised, they were already in the system. That was how they were able to locate hunters and find out about their missions.

"Hey, Straken," Joe calls out to him, pulling him out of his thoughts. "There's some guy outside to see you."

Rising from his seat, Dean makes his way outside – Silently cursing when he sees the person asking for him was Elmann. With a sigh, Dean walks toward him, noting his angry expression, already knowing what this was going to be about. "You looking for me Mr. Berlin?" Dean says once he reaches him.

"Don't play games with me, detective!" Elmann says angrily through clenched teeth. "Who the hell do you think you are? Going above me and calling in the Valentin family! How the hell did you even get into contact with them?"

"They came to help Arrow-" Dean begins but gets interrupted by a pissed Elmann.

"I TOLD YOU I HAD IT UNDER CONTROL!" He shouts angrily before realizing he had to lower his volume. "You came to me and I told you I was working on it. I am in charge now and what I say goes. How dare you undermine my authority?"

"With all due respect, sir. I didn't believe you had it under control," Dean says calmly to the fuming man. "I assessed the situation and deemed it was necessary to call in backup. I am sorry you felt undermined by this, but it was in Arrow's best interest."

"You think you're part of this world," Elmann says tauntingly. "You think because you know about the Lycans you know about our world, hmm! Well, let me tell you something, detective. You don't! You are just a legal secretary. There to clean up messes and put lies on police paperwork. You are not one of us. You have no rank among us. Your shiny little badge means nothing in our world! So next time, know your place! Don't you dare think you can go over my head like that again! I am in charge here! You are below me! I don't care if you like how I run things or not – You are not important in the grand scheme of things! Do you hear me? Do you understand me?"

"I hear you, Mr. Berlin, I hear you. But, do you want to know exactly what I just heard?" Dean replies to him in a bored tone, infuriating him more. "I heard the cry of a power-hungry man who wants so badly to be in charge - But now he feels threatened by the arrival of a more competent bunch, because he knows he isn't all that he makes himself out to be," Dean says to him, turning to walk away.

Elmann grabs his arm before he could take a step from him, "I can end you boy! I will end you! Don't you cross me," Elmann says trembling with anger, his forehead vein bulging.

"Are you assaulting an officer, Elmann? In front of a precinct?" Dean asks him with a raised brow.

Elmann huffs angrily, releasing his arm and storming away. Dean watches him as he gets into a black SUV, speeding away.

He was right to call in help, there was no doubt in his mind about that. From what the guy, Beau, had said – Elmann and his crew arrived too late. Arrow would've been dead by then.

He didn't regret his decision one bit.

With a sigh, he heads back inside the precinct. He was going to have to keep an eye out on Elmann. He bruised the old man's ego – There would be repercussions for that. Part of him wondered if Elmaan would try to come for his job, and get him fired. At this point, he wouldn't put anything past him.

~

YARA ROSEWOOD

The confusion subsides quite quickly, but the grogginess and intense headache remain as Yara comes into consciousness. She could still feel the effects of the poison coursing through her body, burning in her veins. Her arms bound behind her, the rope tied so tight she could feel it cutting into her skin. Her feet were free but she was unable to move them in the slightest. The cloth of the makeshift blindfold over her eyes burned slightly – Most likely coated with some type of poison as well.

Whatever she was injected with muted her senses significantly but she could still hear the vague murmurs of conversation in the distance.

A few seconds pass before a door creaks open loudly. She sniffs the air, attempting to identify the scent of the person who opened the door.

"It's a concoction of Mistletoe, Yew, and some other plant I can't remember. You won't be able to use your senses normally for a while," She hears Vanessa say to her. Yara automatically stiffens at the sound of her voice, a growl escaping her throat.

"Yara, I'm sorry. But –" Vanessa begins to say but Yara interrupts her by shouting "SHUT UP!"

"You don't get to talk to me!" Yara growls angrily in the direction she assumed Vanessa was standing.

"Yara, you have to understand -" Vanessa tries to speak again, only to have Yara cut her off with a growl.

A group of footsteps enters the room, stopping near Vanessa. "I see you are finally awake, Miss Rosewood. That's good, I was getting worried we used the wrong dosage," A voice she recognized as Marshall's says to her. She doesn't react to him, hearing him sigh out loud.

"Now, as I told you earlier in that restaurant, I want answers," Marshall says taking a few steps towards her. "I want to know why you and your fiancé thought you could sabotage the revolution without facing any repercussions. Is that some grand plan of yours? To stop our revolution?"

Yara doesn't make a move to respond, instead, she subtly begins scratching at the rope around her wrists with one of her claws. "Well?" Marshall asks, annoyed by her lack of response. Yara stays quiet, angering Marshall even more.

She hears his footsteps approach her rapidly, a pain radiating at her scalp as he roughly grabs a handful of her short hair. "ANSWER ME!" He shouts in her face, pushing her harshly to the ground. Losing her balance, Yara falls onto her back, arms underneath her.

"Yara, stop being stubborn and just answer. We can clear this whole thing up," Vanessa said to her softly, an undertone of worry in her voice.

"We didn't sabotage anything!" Yara relents only when she felt Marshall's presence approaching her again. "We stopped you from murdering a wife and mother of two. It wasn't about sabotage."

"See, that's where you're wrong," Marshall replies. "You did sabotage the mission. But what I don't understand is why. Why would you want the hunter to live and be able to kill another day? Do you not care that your kind is being murdered?"

"You complain about how the hunters kill spouses and tear apart families. She was someone's family. She had children!" Yara exclaims. "How can you be better than the hunters if you do all the despicable things they do?"

"You have it confused," Marshall replies. "We don't want to be better than them. This isn't about taking home the first place trophy. That's not what this revolution is about. This is about vengeance. Getting even. Getting justice! WE DO TO THEM WHAT THEY DO TO US! That's all there is to it. There is no grey area in this war – It's us versus them. And if you choose them, we will deal with you the same."

Yara hears Marshall's footsteps exit the room, the others following after it. The room was quiet once more but Yara could feel the weight of someone still staring at her. "You still have time to make this right Yara," Vanessa says to her. "You just have to get on the right side of things."

"How do you think Clayton is going to react when he finds out what you've done?" She asks Vanessa.

"You know, when I saw you guys at the meeting I got excited," Vanessa says disregarding Yara's question. "I was on the other side of the room next to Jerry – The guy who took you and Clay on the ride-along. The idea of the three of us together fighting the hunters - I couldn't wait. Naturally, I told him I knew you guys. So when Marshall found out what happened, he made Jerry get in touch with me. I didn't know at first –"

"Vanessa!" Yara interrupts her mid-sentence. "Just get away from me!"

Vanessa lets out a sad sigh before exiting the room and shutting the door behind her. The silence rings in Yara's ears as she continues to file away at the rope with a claw. She wondered how long it will take Clay to notice her absence.

~

About an hour passes before Yara is able to move her legs again. The pain coursing through her had since become a dull ache, one she could handle. She'd since given up on trying to cut through the rope with her claws seeing as she wasn't making any progress on it.

As she lay there, she thought up the various scenarios in which she'd make Vanessa pay for her backstabbing actions.

The door creaks open, getting her attention. Footsteps rapidly approach her, the blindfold being yanked roughly off her face. She squints, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the lighting of the room. The person who ripped the blindfold off her proceeded to grab her roughly by her arms – Dragging her onto her feet. Not having time to adjust her footing, Yara finds herself being hauled out of the room.

The cold air of the night hits Yara's skin as her eyes struggle to adjust. "Sit there," The man says to her with a shove. Looking behind her, Yara sees a small wooden stool. She does as told, knowing that she was in no condition to fight against all these people.

"I thought about what you were saying earlier," Marshall says to her once she sat down. "And I realized you were right. We don't want to be like them. Stooping to their level. Becoming murders, family destroyers. No! That's not who we are. I guess I was so blinded by the pain and anger, that I lost my way. So I thought it over, and it hit me. I had a moment of clarity. I realized a way in which we can avenge and get revenge while not becoming like the hunters themselves. And it's all thanks to you, Miss Rosewood."

"Well, what is your master plan, Marshall?" Yara asks cautiously.

"We turn them!"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

200K 4.4K 58
> > _________ //BOOK 1\\ Fun fact: Lycan is short for Lycanthropy, which means a human that can turn into a wolf purposely or being placed under a cu...
86.3K 2.4K 54
The third and final installment of the Alpha Eyes series. Donovan, son of Karina and Lucas, has dedicated his life to the military. As leader of the...
Klepto✔︎ Oleh softie

Manusia Serigala

5.6M 260K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
370 34 33
When a lycanthrope hunter comes to Salem, all hell breaks lose in the supernatural community, and Jesse is smack in the middle of the chaos. On top...