Tares City

By Shania_Samm

After being attacked one night during her shift, paramedic Naomi Reid finds herself thrown into the world of... More

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Failure To Execute
3. TCPD's Finest
4. Fates Intertwining
5. Call For Backup
6. Trouble Rising
7. No Sympathy For The Devil
8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself
9. Anonymous Tips
10. Investigations and New Relations
11. Field Trips
13. Repercussions
14. Knowing Is Half The Battle
15. What's Past Is Prologue
16. Chaos Under The Moon
17. Thursday
18. When The Levee Breaks
19. Changes In Relationships
20. Someone From My Past
21. The Calm Before Another Storm
22. Situation Under Control
23. Moving On
24. Conversations Had And Heard
25. Life's Patterns
26. Can't Seem To Get A Break
27. So, What Now
28. (un)Human Behaviors
29. Hospital Trips
30. Places
31. The Detective & The Paramedics
32. The Things That Define Us
33. Sean And Kai
34. The Night Continues
35. Jackson
36. The Night That Keeps On Giving
37. We Need To Discuss This
38. Crazy, How Things Work Out
39. The Tip Of The Iceberg
40. Back To Work
41. Back Against The Wall
42. Ever Be Easy
43. This Is Now
44. Foul Play or Fair Play
45. Just Another Day At Work
46. New Developments
47. Heating up
48. Boiling Point
49. Correlation
50. Moon River
51. Start Of Something?
52. Aftermath
53. Another Bad Day
54. Arrow
55. Distrust & Suspicions
56. Another Problem Brewing
57. Pulled Back In
58. Puzzle Pieces
59. Hunters And Lycans Of Tares City
60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City
61. Gone Is The Illusion Of Control
62. Dilemmas
63. Plans & Assignments
64. History And Its Domino Effect
65. Darla
66. Good Riddance!
67. Just Live...(Until I Die)
68. Trouble Has Its Way Of Finding Us
69. Fracture & Hope
70. Trouble Rears Its Head Again
71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy
72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks
73. Dead-end Problems
74. Imminent Threats
75. Peace Is Temporary
76. Partners In Crime
77. This City
78. The Road To Trouble
79. The Part We Play
80. Location, Location
81. Getting Closer
82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1
83. The Hunt Is On Pt. 2
84. Hostile Takeover
85. Xylia
86. Bad Moon
87. The Kennedys
88. Crossfire, Involvement & Rescue
89. Contact With The Dead
90. Coming To Terms
91. Kennedy City
92. A Plan Formed
93. Beautiful Friendships
94. Power Moves
95. The Gang's All Here
96. A Hell Of A Ride

12. Blindsides

137 76 22
By Shania_Samm

YARA ROSEWOOD

Exiting her office, Yara heads down to the restaurant's main floor. Her assistant had run through her door moments ago in a panic. There were a group of large men causing a commotion and scaring off her customers. Much to her assistant's dismay, Yara instructed her to remain in her office while she dealt with these people.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" She asks as she walks out onto the floor. Five men stood before her, Yara recognizing the who stood at the front of the group. One being the man who stood center stage at the gym, speaking of the revolution. The second man from their attempted mission which Clayton had shut down - Without a doubt, they were here because of that.

"That's her," The man from the mission whispers to the other in charge.

At this point, the last of their customers were just running out of the restaurant, scurrying behind the group of large men. The floor was empty now beside the six of them. With her hearing, she knew the rest of her staff were hulled up in the kitchen, most likely peeping through the door. She did wonder though if any of them had called the police. It was a possibility, but she couldn't be sure.

"What's your name darling?" The man from the gym asks, his tone dripping in forced sweetness. "I'm Marshall."

"What's this about Marshall?" Yara responds, not answering his question.

Marshall's face scrunches up in anger briefly before he replaces it with a fake smile. "Is your friend here?" Marshall asks instead. "Your little boyfriend?"

"What's this about, hmm," Yara says in return, seeing Marshall visibly sigh in annoyance.

"I'll tell you what this is about, doll," Marshall begins, dropping his fake smile. "You and yours sabotaged us. Our revolution - The mission. We cannot just let that slide. And, I'd like to know why." He explains to her, his voice low.

"Well, Marshall. This isn't exactly the best time or place to address that - Now is it?" Yara replies.

"I want answers," Marshall states back.

"I could give them to you, but not here, in the middle of my restaurant during the middle of the day," Yara tells him calmly.

Marshall goes to argue with Yara's statement but the doors to the restaurant open before he could say his piece. Two uniform officers enter hands on their weapons ready to draw. "Good day, fellas. What's going on here?" One of the officers says as he comes to a stop - His stance wide and ready for confrontation.

"Nothing officer, just a reservation mix-up," Marshall answers. "We were just leaving. Not worth eating here anyway," He says glaring at Yara who raises an eyebrow at him.

With that, Marshall turns and heads for the door, the cop stepping aside, not moving his hand from his holster just yet. They watch the group of men leave the restaurant and walk away before relaxing their stance.

Yara spends the next few minutes explaining to the officers that the day-drunk group was just being a nuisance and weren't an actual threat to her. She fills out a quick report for them before going on to check on her staff. She decides to let everyone off early, sensing the unease pouring off them in waves.

Yara spends the rest of her time closing up the restaurant and seeing everyone out the door before returning to her office. She sends a text to Clayton, letting him know what had transpired before packing her things.

Going to her safe, she puts in her code - Retrieving her handgun and tactical knife. Concealing the knife in her boots and the gun in its hip holster underneath her coat. 

Ready to leave, Yara knew the men were still around, waiting for her - There was no doubt about it. It wasn't the night of a full moon so she felt comfortable in her ability to take them. With her gun, specifically with the bullets she had, Yara was confident she could handle the group of them.

~

Yara circled the block for a second time, glancing in her rearview mirror. Unsurprisingly, she found herself being followed he minute she got into her car. She'd expected something like this which was why she didn't drive directlty toward her home.

Formulating a plan in her head, she dials Vanessa on her phone. "Hey, what's up Yara?" Vanessa answers the phone on its second ring.

"You free?" Yara asks in response.

~

Following Vanessa's directions, Yara pulls up into the parking lot of an abandoned store building. She stops next to Vanessa's car, hoping out immediately. Vanessa does the same, walking over to her. The car that had been following Yara slowly pulls into the parking lot as well. "Let's see how this goes. Maybe we won't have to deal with them," Yara says to Vanessa who hums in return.

They watch in silence as the men exit the vehicle, coming to stand a few feet before them. Vanessa gives a loud sad sigh getting Yara's attention. "What's up with you?" Yara asks, watching Vanessa's expression.

"We approached a crossroads, Yara," Vanessa says to her sadly, abruptly turning towards her and sticking a syringe into her neck. Yara gasps out in shock, the heat of the syringe's contents traveling through her veins.

She drops to her knees taking in deep breaths as pain courses through her body. "Vanessa!"

"And you chose the wrong one," Vanessa says, finishing her sentence as Yara falls to the floor completely, withering in pain. Through blurred vision, Yara watches as Vanessa walks over to Marshall, head hanging low. "You did the right thing," Yara hears him say to her right before she passes out.

~

NAOMI REID

"Are we crazy? Do we belong in that mental facility too?" Naomi asks Calvin, watching him as he mindlessly moved his food around the plate. The two of them sitting in the food court of a local mall. Having just left the mental hospital after their conversation with Cecilia, the two of them weren't ready to head home as yet - Opting to have lunch at the mall.

"Maybe," Calvin replies simply.

"I mean, we both get mysterious letters telling us wolves are real, then we spend our time researching wolves. Follow that by going to another city to visit a murderous, possibly mentally unstable woman to hear what she has to say about wolves. We hardly question how the sender of those files knew us, where to find us, or knew about my shift and your police work," Naomi rants, trailing off toward the end.

"We don't even know each other all that well. What if I'm the one who sent the files and lured you here hmm? And now I'm going to murder you because I'm actually your psycho stalker. OR VICE VERSA! YOU'RE MY PSYCHO STALKER AND YOU'RE GOING TO KILL ME!"

"Hmm, you're in the wrong line of work, Naomi," Calvin says to her sarcastically still playing with his food. "You should have been a detective."

"I'm serious! I could be a killer and you'd never seen it coming," She says back to him with a sigh making him chuckle.

"What do we do? Do we believe all of this? Do we believe what Cecilia said?" Naomi asks, lapsing into silence. Calvin didn't give her an answer - She knew he didn't have one, his mind just as messed up as hers. They spend the next hour sitting at the table in silence, both of them lost in their confusing thoughts.

"It's getting late, we should head back to Tares," Calvin says checking his watch. "We're not going to find the revelations we're looking for today, might as well continue on with our es."

"Until we get eaten on the next full moon," Naomi adds sourly as she gets up from her seat.

~

Naomi gives him the address to Avery's home, not wanting to be alone for the night. "We'll keep in touch. Let each other know if we see anything crazy or suspicious, right?" Naomi asks him as he pulls up to Avery's house.

"Of course! I'd lose my mind if we didn't," Calvin replies to her.

"Think we've already lost our minds pal. Stay safe out there," Naomi says to him, exiting the vehicle. Calvin makes sure she enters the house before driving away, Naomi giving him a small wave goodbye.

"Who was that?" Avery asks, watching the car drive away from the window.

"Just an old friend from college," Naomi replies to her, telling her they spent the day catching up. She felt guilty for the lie but there was no way she could explain the truth to her best friend without the risk of sounding completely insane.

"Dude, you spent your day off catching up with a college friend?" Avery says as she walks behind Naomi up the stairs. "You could've, like, I don't know - Hung out with a certain someone again." She says accusingly.

"Well, that certain someone in question was busy today anyway, so yeah, I spent the day with an old friend," She elaborates.

"What's his name?" Avery asks her to which she answers "Calvin".

"I hope you know I'm team Jensen," she says to Naomi, crossing her arms in front of her.

"So am I," Naomi replies, a grin appearing on Avery's face making her laugh.

"Go shower and get dressed. We're having a Resident Evil movie marathon. Sean will be back with pizza and snacks soon," Avery says to her.

"Initially, I wanted to have a game night but Sean began complaining about how we get "Way too competitive and end up cheating,"  She continues, putting Sean's words in air quotes and doing a deep voice.

"Your boyfriend is a sore loser," Naomi says laughing, Avery replying with a "Tell me about it!"

~

Now on the third movie of the marathon, Naomi and Avery sat on the couch together, leaving Avery's boyfriend to sit on the floor so he could have easy access to the popcorn bowl. A series of loud knocks on the door get the trio's attention, Avery pausing the movie as Sean gets up off the floor to answer it. The knocks continue as he walks to the door, Avery and Naomi getting up as well - Wanting to see who was making all this commotion.

Looking through the peephole, Sean turns back to look at Avery, "It's Liam" He says to her before opening the door. As he does this, a guy pushes his way into the house, stumbling to the floor. He was panting heavily, his clothes torn, a large bloodstain against his side.

"Who is that?" Naomi whispers to Avery, the two watching Sean help him up.

"Liam, one of his construction buddies," She answers.

Naomi looks on, watching the man, Liam, whisper something to Sean. Sean raises his jersey, exposing the large wound on his side that was bleeding heavily. "He needs a hospital!" Naomi exclaims, seeing the wound.

"NO!" Liam shouts out, his voice deep and hoarse, almost resembling a growl in Naomi's paranoid mind.

"He doesn't want to go to a hospital. Look we just need to clean and stitch it. You guys can do that, yeah?" Sean asks, looking at them with pleading eyes. "Please, girls! Please! Av?" He begs.

"You in?" Avery asks Naomi, glancing between her and her boyfriend.

"Okay," Naomi replies, against her better judgment. Avery runs upstairs to retrieve their first aid kits and all the other supplies they were going to need.

Naomi takes a step toward the men, going to help Sean get his friend up off the ground. As she walks to them, Sean begins groaning loudly, pounding his fists against the floor in pain. "Easy man!" Sean says to him through clenched teeth - Almost as if he were warning him.

"Here, let me see the wound," Naomi says, going to Liam

She stoops down in front of him, "I'm just going to see what we're dealing with here, okay?" She says as she moves her hand to raise his shirt a little more. Just as her fingers brush against the fabric of his jersey, Liam raises his head as he continues to contort in pain.

Naomi lets out a loud gasp, backing away from him frantically. "Sean move! Sean move away right now!" She cries out in panic, stumbling to her feet.

"Naomi, what's wrong?" Sean asks in shock and confusion. At his feet, still groaning in pain, Liam falls to his back, looking up between the two of them, yellow glowing eyes darting between the two.

"Shit!" Sean hisses.

"Sean move! Are you blind! Move!" Naomi yells.

"Naomi, calm down. It's okay, it's fine," He says softly in an attempt to calm here.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S FINE! HE'S - HE'S ONE OF THOSE WOLF LYCAN THINGS! WE ARE IN DANGER! SEAN GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW! WE HAVE TO GET AVERY!" Naomi shouts at him.

"What with all the shouting? What's happening?" Avery asks as she runs into the kitchen. She stands beside Naomi, looking over at Sean and Liam "Oh, crap!" She says as she realizes what was going on.

"Okay, Nomi. I know you're probably really confused right now. But -" Avery begins, only to have Naomi cut her off.

"You know about this? About them? Lycans? The wolves? You know!" She rambles to Avery, tears streaming down her face as she began to slowly back out of the room.

"Naomi, I can explain," Avery says to her friend, her hands up in front of her as she tried to calm her down.

"Oh my God! You know! You know about them! Are you one? Are you a wolf too? Is Sean? Naomi asks in disbelief. Avery fumbles over her words trying to find a way to explain herself.

"I have to get out of here!" She murmurs to herself under her breath.

"No, Naomi, please! Liam needs you guys' help right now, he's getting worse!" Sean calls out to her from where he stood, making Naomi realize he heard her whispers. "Oh crap, oh crap! Oh, Shit!" Naomi rambles as she begins to hyperventilate, shaking her hands in front of her.

"Sean really?!!" Avery shouts back to him with a quick facepalm of disbelief. "Okay, listen I need you to calm down, Naomi. I can explain everything to you but I need you to calm down first," Avery tries again to a pacing Naomi.

Avery goes to speak again but Liam growls out in pain, causing her to look at him. Naomi seizes the opportunity, running to the living room. She grabs her phone off the couch, sprinting towards the back door. A series of crashes and growls sound from the kitchen as she exits the house, tears streaming down her face. She hears her friend call out to her, but she never slows.

Opening the door, she runs outside. She could hear Avery calling out to her, approaching the door as well. Without thinking twice, she heads to the side gate that leads out of the backyard.

Sprinting bare feet against the concrete walkway, she heads toward the road - Avery still calling out behind her.

Not slowing her pace, she dials Calvin's number on her cell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370 34 33
When a lycanthrope hunter comes to Salem, all hell breaks lose in the supernatural community, and Jesse is smack in the middle of the chaos. On top...
21.4M 645K 25
❝when the sun goes down the beast comes out❞ Highest Ranking: General Fiction #2 // Werewolf: #2 ~ He's the reason werewolves lock their doors. She'...
701K 14.5K 24
(Part I of the Lycan Series) Stowe, Vermont. Population- 4300. A small town harbors night beasts, at least that's what the humans call them. Dani h...
154K 4.7K 42
I could feel its presence from behind me. I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. I turned around, expecting a dark, hide...