Tares City

Da Shania_Samm

After being attacked one night during her shift, paramedic Naomi Reid finds herself thrown into the world of... Altro

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Failure To Execute
3. TCPD's Finest
4. Fates Intertwining
6. Trouble Rising
7. No Sympathy For The Devil
8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself
9. Anonymous Tips
10. Investigations and New Relations
11. Field Trips
12. Blindsides
13. Repercussions
14. Knowing Is Half The Battle
15. What's Past Is Prologue
16. Chaos Under The Moon
17. Thursday
18. When The Levee Breaks
19. Changes In Relationships
20. Someone From My Past
21. The Calm Before Another Storm
22. Situation Under Control
23. Moving On
24. Conversations Had And Heard
25. Life's Patterns
26. Can't Seem To Get A Break
27. So, What Now
28. (un)Human Behaviors
29. Hospital Trips
30. Places
31. The Detective & The Paramedics
32. The Things That Define Us
33. Sean And Kai
34. The Night Continues
35. Jackson
36. The Night That Keeps On Giving
37. We Need To Discuss This
38. Crazy, How Things Work Out
39. The Tip Of The Iceberg
40. Back To Work
41. Back Against The Wall
42. Ever Be Easy
43. This Is Now
44. Foul Play or Fair Play
45. Just Another Day At Work
46. New Developments
47. Heating up
48. Boiling Point
49. Correlation
50. Moon River
51. Start Of Something?
52. Aftermath
53. Another Bad Day
54. Arrow
55. Distrust & Suspicions
56. Another Problem Brewing
57. Pulled Back In
58. Puzzle Pieces
59. Hunters And Lycans Of Tares City
60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City
61. Gone Is The Illusion Of Control
62. Dilemmas
63. Plans & Assignments
64. History And Its Domino Effect
65. Darla
66. Good Riddance!
67. Just Live...(Until I Die)
68. Trouble Has Its Way Of Finding Us
69. Fracture & Hope
70. Trouble Rears Its Head Again
71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy
72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks
73. Dead-end Problems
74. Imminent Threats
75. Peace Is Temporary
76. Partners In Crime
77. This City
78. The Road To Trouble
79. The Part We Play
80. Location, Location
81. Getting Closer
82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1
83. The Hunt Is On Pt. 2
84. Hostile Takeover
85. Xylia
86. Bad Moon
87. The Kennedys
88. Crossfire, Involvement & Rescue
89. Contact With The Dead
90. Coming To Terms
91. Kennedy City
92. A Plan Formed
93. Beautiful Friendships
94. Power Moves
95. The Gang's All Here
96. A Hell Of A Ride

5. Call For Backup

213 162 33
Da Shania_Samm

YARA ROSEWOOD

In the passenger seat of the car, Yara rummages through her purse, pulling out a disposable burner phone. "Come on, pick up," She mumbles softly as she dials a number. The line rings a couple of times before eventually going to voicemail. Hanging up, she tries again, getting the same result. "Dammit Nick!" She sighs heavily.

The driver of the car swerves wildly, catching her off guarding and causing her purse to slip off her lap. "Take it easy Clay!" She exclaims to the driver. "We can't help Jensen if we're dead you know."

"Sorry, sorry," The driver, Clayton Reynolds, apologizes to her.

Yara looks across at him, studying his features. "He'll be fine," She reassures him, to which he replies with an "I hope so."

"Nick isn't picking up the phone," She tells him with a sigh as she picks up her bag and tosses her phone in. "Francis and her husband are dead, what's to say they didn't kill Nick too!"

"The police didn't find his body though," Clayton says as they turn into Oak Crest Medical Center's parking lot.

"That's the thing," Yara begins, talking as she unbuckled her seat belt. "Since when do hunters let the police come across bodies and open a murder investigation? They're either getting sloppy or it's all part of some bigger scheme."

"It can't be the latter. They'd never risk exposure like that. It'd be too dangerous. Having regular humans discover their reality and ours... It's something else. I'm just wondering how our friends got themselves caught up in this hunters' mess. What happened to staying off their radars?!" Clayton replies with a sigh. "Enough of that for now, let's go see Jensen."

The two of them step out of the car, heading toward the elevator. Clayton moves to Yara's left, grabbing her hand in his as they walk. His finger brushing over the gold band of her engagement ring, tracing the intricate pattern carved into it - a smile appearing on both their faces. "

You know, Rosewood-Reynolds has a nice ring to it," he says to her, nudging her shoulder.

"Yara Rosewood Reynolds? Really? That has a nice ring to it?" she asks incredulously.

~

In the hospital, a nurse escorts them to Jensen's room, briefing them on his injuries. "He's asleep but you can go in," she says to them before walking away.

"What the hell did you get yourself into Jensen?" Yara growls softly to him as she nears his bed - knowing fully well he wasn't asleep. Jensen slowly opens his eye, squinting at the light to look at Yara.

"I'm waiting for an answer," she says folding her arms angrily. Clayton stands behind her simply observing the exchange. No longer worried for Jensen's life, he had no objections to letting Yara give him a piece of her mind. If anything he deserved it for being so reckless.

"I thought I had a solid lead," Jensen explains. "The mole gave me the address, I checked it out prior, I don't know what -"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Yara interrupts, "The mole! Jensen Carter, did I not tell you a hundred times before you cannot trust this person." She hisses.

Lowering her voice, she continues, "We do not know exactly who they are, but we do know one thing! - They're a hunter, Jensen! A hunter! You cannot trust them! They don't care about you, they want you dead. This person is not going to help you find what you are looking for! - They are going to help you get yourself killed!"

"Yara,"

"No! Don't Yara me! How could you be so blind, Jensen? How do you not see that this hunter is playing with you? They know you're desperate and they're using that against you."

Jensen looks away with a sigh as Yara continues her rant. "Things are getting worse out there Jensen. The hunters are getting bolder and they're picking us off one by one. They do not care if you've been turned against your will nor do they care that you are searching for a way to get rid of your wolf! They only care about one thing! And that's ridding the world of our kind! That is their mission and that will never change! If they won't spare a teenager, do you think they'll spare you? You were special ops, Jensen, act like you still have a tactical brain in that head of yours." Yara finishes the rant with a growl, walking away from the bed, and pacing the room. She runs a hand through her short wavy hair, trying to calm down.

Taking a breath, she turns to Jensen once more, "Look, I know you were dragged into our world and it's not something you ever thought possible - much less wanted. But you're in it now, and like it or not, that means you have a target on your back. You have to be more careful and you can't be going about these information-seeking missions on your own! Ask us to help you. Take Clayton along with you. Call for backup for goodness sake! Now is not the time to be reckless. Francis and her husband are dead, Nick probably is as well. Jensen, I've lost enough people, I need you to not put me in these types of positions."

Jensen goes to respond but Clayton beats him to the chase. "Jensen, the man who did this - the accident, what does he look like?"

"Pale skin, jet black hair, and a scar on his cheek. His scent - he smelt like tabaco and rust almost."

"Did he have a prosthetic leg?" Clayton inquires further.

"Yeah, he did. How do you know this? - He's here isn't he?" Jensen asks, rising slightly off the bed, sniffing the air. The strong scents of medicine and cleaning chemicals bombard his senses first. He tries to sniff past the scents but he wasn't able to, the drugs in his system still interfering with his capabilities.

"Yeah, he's here," Clayton replies. "Passed by three times while you guys were talking."

"Dammit!" Jensen growls, passing a hand across his face.

"Persistent bastard!" Yara growls clenching her fist.

"What do we do?"

~

"Yeah, he's fine. I'm leaving the hospital now - No, he left already. Yeah, I'm heading home," Yara says loudly into her cell as she walks out of Jensen's room passing the hunter who'd been watching them.

Heading to the elevator, she continues with her fake conversation, feigning cluelessness. As she walks, she purposely trips over her own feet, crying out. Just as the doors to the elevator were about to shut, the man runs in, greeting her politely.

Behind his back, Yara smirks - sometimes they were too cocky for their own good.

~

The elevator stops on parking level three, Yara walking off, animatedly texting away on her phone. Thinking he had caught a female Lycan off guard, the man retrieves his knife from his belt holster. The man waits a minute before exiting as well, walking behind her. He scans the garage, looking for people and the location of security cameras. Seeing that the coast is clear, he seizes his chance - running forth and grabbing Yara by her arm, a snarky smirk on his face.

As soon as his arm wraps around hers, Yara spins around grabbing him by the wrist. Using her supernatural strength, she twists it completely, the man screaming out in pain. Extending her claws, she grabs him by his neck, slamming his body to the ground. The man gasps, the wind escaping him as he hit the ground.

"Clay," Yara calls out over her shoulder. Clayton appears from behind a corner, speed walking to them. Crouching down on a knee, he forcefully shoves a cloth into the man's face - Completely covering his nose and mouth.

"That takedown was very smooth!" He says to Yara in an impressed tone, a proud smile on his face. Yara rolls her eyes in response, fighting the blush that wanted to surface.

Once the man was unconscious, Clayton places him into the trunk of their pickup truck, securing the cover on top.

"Vanessa will meet me along the way with more sedatives. We'll take him to the cabin," He says to Yara. "Stay with Jensen, let me know when he gets discharged.

"Will do," She replies, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

~

ARROW BERLIN

Waiting patiently for her drink, Arrow locks eyes with the man across the room. He smiles at her, following it with a wink. "Your drink ma'am," A barista says pulling Arrow's focus away from the man. The woman rests her iced coffee on the table, abruptly turning to leave afterward. Looking back up to where the man had been sitting, she realizes he was no longer there. Shrugging it off, she takes a sip of her drink, savoring the taste.

"This seat taken?" A male voice asks from beside her table. Looking up, she sees the man from earlier smiling down at her, two brown bags in his hand. Arrow gestures to the empty chair, "Uh, no. Go ahead," She says sweetly.

The man sits, a smile still on his face. "I'm J.T," he says conversationally.

"Anaise," Arrow replies, introducing herself to him.

"Anaise wow, that's a beautiful name," The man says to her. He was a tall man with a big build and tan skin. His hair was shaved low, with a full beard. Arrow puts on a blushing expression before shyly looking away. "I didn't know if you'd rather a cupcake or a donut, so I brought both," He says to her, sliding the two bags over the table. Arrow goes to thank him but her phone rings instead, cutting her off. She'd plan to ignore the call, send it to voice mail - But a glance at the caller I.D. told her that wouldn't be a great idea.

"Excuse me," she says softly to the man, answering the call.

"Hey Uncle Elm," She says quickly into the phone, interrupting the person on the other end of the line.

"Where are you? Are you busy?" the man on the line asks.

"I'm at the coffee shop on Main. And, uh, yeah, I'm just making a new friend," she replies.

"I see. I'm sorry to do this, but I have to cut your day short. We have an emergency here. Need you here as soon as possible."

"Oh, okay. I'll leave now," She says back to the man, hanging up the phone.

Looking over to J.T, she gives him a guilty look. "I'm sorry, I have to leave right now, there's an emergency."

"No, problem. Here, let me give you my number," JT replies, quickly pulling out a pen, scribbling his name and number on the bag with the donut - Handing her the bag with a smile.

"Is this the donut or the cupcake?" Arrow asks, accepting the bag. "Donut," he replies. Arrow nods her head approvingly, "Good choice," she says with a smile, turning to walk away.

"Nice meeting you Anaise," JT calls after her as she walks out the door.

~

Having driven two blocks from the coffee shop, Arrow pulls out her phone, redialing the number that'd called her in the shop - Putting it on speaker.

"I'm clear, what's going on?"

The McKinleys encountered a bit of a situation on their mission. They're calling for backup. Where are you right now?" the man says.

"I'm turning down Pollo Street as we speak," she replies.

"Okay, you're about half an hour out from their location. Do you have your kit with you?"

"Always,"

"I'll text the address to you, get there as fast as you can."

"Copy that."

"Did I blow your cover? You were with a Lycan I presume."

"Yeah I was, but don't worry, he didn't suspect a thing. I know he heard the conversation, all he knows is there was an emergency."

"That's good."

~

Arriving at the location, she pulls up behind a familiar car. "Hey dad," she greets as she steps out of her car.

"Hey, sweetheart. How'd it go, you didn't get called away before you could get him to talk to you did you?"

"It cut things short, but I got his number. It's enough for us to go further with surveillance. It'll be fine. What's going on here?"

"Gear up, I'll tell you after," her dad says to her.

With a nod, she heads to her car, opening the trunk. Pushing aside all normal unsuspecting items, she puts her finger in the hidden groove - lifting the floor of the car trunk to reveal the hidden weapon compartment.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

5.6M 260K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
9K 371 32
"Little One, do you wish to live?" Rose James had no idea how much these seven little words would change her life. With them she was flung into the d...
1.5K 28 11
Kyran of the Blue Ridge Pack has spent most of his life searching for an end to the Forever War. Finding a Hunter among their greatly diminished rank...
86.3K 2.4K 54
The third and final installment of the Alpha Eyes series. Donovan, son of Karina and Lucas, has dedicated his life to the military. As leader of the...