Haven Harbor • a.i. •

By cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter Eleven

961 42 5
By cliffordpunkrock

"Honestly Luke you take up the entire lounge!" Calum whined before shoving Luke onto the floor.

I let out a laugh at the sight of the massive boy, who's head practically touched the ceiling, sprawled out on the floor with a pout on his lips.

"Car can we watch Aladdin next?" Ender tugged on the blanket covering my lap and I nodded.

We had already watched The Avengers, and Mean Girls (picked by Luke, who begged profusely to watch it).

"Sure, i'll go get it." I pushed the blanket aside, letting it fall to the floor and retrieved the VCR from the cabinet under the television. "While I'm up does anyone want anything?"

Requests for drinks and and snacks were shouted through the main room and I made them into a mental list. As I was popping another bag of popcorn, I leaned back against the counter so I could watch the opening credits.

In the light of the tele I saw Ashton stand up and make his way back to the kitchen.

"Need some help?" He grinned.

"Sure." I handed him two cokes and yanked the popcorn bag from the microwave before pouring it into a bowl.

"I'm glad you guys stayed over." I smiled as he stood close in front of me.

"Me too." He winked and leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Stop making out back there!" Michael yelled and my cheeks immediately flared.

"We wer-"

"Shut up you jealous prick!" Ashton interrupted and rolled his eyes at his best mate.

We walked the snacks back to the couch and got comfortable again, this consisted of Ashton propping his feet up on the coffee table and resting his arm on the back of the couch. I put the blanket over both of us and he shifted closer so our sides were touching.

"No funny business over there you two." Calum smirked. The meaning went over my head but it obviously annoyed Ashton because he shot Calum a mean glare.

"Her brother is in the room mate." Ash grouched.

Ignoring the giggles from the guys I turned to Ash with confusion written all over my face.

"What are they talking about?" I whispered.

"Nothing, they are just being immature." He gave a peck to my nose.

"Tell me." I pouted and he sighed deeply before answering.

"Trust me Car, they are just being stupid, don't worry about it."

I nodded before turning away to watch the screen, settling for his more or less of an answer. Calum's apparent joke had my mind now wandering. The knowledge that Ashton was my first boyfriend was known to everyone but the topic of me not being his first never was brought up.

I mean I obviously knew that I wasn't his first but still I had never asked about who she or they were, how many girlfriends he's had, or anything about his previous relationships.

It felt like I was somehow out of the loop because he had already experienced his first things while I hadn't, so maybe I wasn't as exciting to him.

How far could a relationship last before it got boring? Yes, we had only been together for what, not even a week? But still, if things got boring for him on his end then that would surely be the end of a barely beginning relationship.

"What are you thinking about?" A pair of lips pressed up to my ear and whispered, making a shiver go down my spine.

I didn't notice that I had been staring off into space, not paying attention to the movie.

"Nothing." I shook my head and gave him a sweet smile.

"You're lying." He frowned.

"No I'm not."

"Just tell me." He prodded.

"Don't worry about it okay?" I smiled again, using the words he told me just minutes earlier on him.

"I am worried, you looked really upset." He kept going.

"Ash...." I sighed, wanting him to drop the subject. I couldn't tell him what I was thinking, we were only starting out and if he knew I was thinking about that then he would most likely think I was a clingy obsessive teenager.

"Do you have a phone charger?" He asked a little more loudly causing the guys to look in our direction.

"Yeah?" I answered, caught of guard by his sudden subject change.

"Mind if I borrow it?" He asked and I nodded before standing up.

I led him up the stairs and to my bedroom where the white cord rested on my nightstand.

When he walked in he closed the door behind him.

"Spill." He folded his arms across his chest. His voice was a little quieter than his normal volume so the boys downstairs wouldn't hear.

I sighed dramatically and tromped over to my bed before sitting down.

"It was honestly nothing Ash."

"Yes it was, it was written all over your face. Please?" He begged.

I sighed again before pulling my legs up underneath me and looking away, I didn't want to look at him when I answered for fear of embarrassment.

"I was thinking about not being your first."

I felt myself blushing as soon as the words came out.

"Why were you thinking about that?" He asked, his tone softer.

"Because of what Calum said." I bit my lip, still refusing to look at him.

He sighed.

"Wha-"

"It's stupid, just forget about it." I interrupted him.

"No, this is something we should talk about. I want us to be open and honest with each other."

I heard him cross the room and sit next to me on the bed, but I never took my eyes off the wall.

"How many?" I asked.

"Two serious relationships and various casual flings, nothing more." He answered.

I nodded once. "How long did the two serious ones last?"

"The first one was a few months, the second one a year."

"Why did they end?" I prayed silently that I wasn't pressing any sensitive buttons for him.

"The first girl, Kaylee, she was nice but extremely jealous. I couldn't talk to my own mum without her getting mad that I was talking to another girl besides her. And the second one, Jenna we just had differences that we couldn't put aside and eventually we broke up because of them."

"Oh."

I mentally slapped myself for my comment.

Now I sounded bitter and brooding over this.

"What else do you want to know?" He asked sweetly. I couldn't detect any sarcasm, anger, or discomfort in his words.

"I don't know." I replied honestly. My eyes were glued to the sea shell picture above my bed, studying the patterns in the wall.

"If this is about what Calum said...are you wondering if I'm still a virgin?"

My body tensed at his question and my eyes widened like the guilt face of someone who had just been caught doing something they shouldn't. Ashton asked the question that I hadn't been able to ask myself.

"If so, the answer is no, I'm not a virgin." He didn't give me the chance to talk before he had answered.

So he wasn't a virgin. That's why Calum had said what he said, because Ash had done this before.

I couldn't decide what emotion I was feeling. Part of it was jealousy, part of it shock.

"Carter, come on, talk to me. This relationship is a two way street. I can't give you the answers you want if you don't talk to me." He placed his hand on my shoulder.

I exhaled softly, not knowing still how to feel.

"I don't know how to feel about it." I decided to tell him my thoughts.

"Well tell me exactly what you were thinking about earlier." He kept his hand on my shoulder and his voice tender.

"I was thinking that there was nothing new I could offer you, and that eventually I would get boring and that this would be over." I admitted.

"Anything else before I respond to that?" He gave me an opportunity and I seized it.

"Yes. I don't want to seem like the jealous type or crazy or anything but you are my first boyfriend and kiss and honestly it's intimidating. I don't have the knowledge and experiences to base this relationship off of and I don't want to get hurt." My lip trembled as I finally said the words that I had been scared to say for a while now.

He left me a few moments of silence to say any thing else but I didn't.

I could hear him take a deep intake of breath before speaking.

"I don't want you to feel intimidated by my past experiences or relationships. I wouldn't compare those relationships between ours, I couldn't, because they don't come close to ours. Carter I haven't known you for as long I want to but in the time that I have, I have fallen for you harder and faster than any relationship I have ever been in. You are so different from them in ways that makes me crazy and excited for all of the adventures and moments I get to spend with you. You are nothing like them and I don't want you to feel like you don't have anything to offer because you do. Every little thing you do or say is a new world for me and I don't plan on leaving it anytime soon, okay?"

I took a staggered breath but he kept going.

"Those girls were all the same and Carter you are nothing like I have ever known before and that excites me and scares the living hell out of me at the same time. I've never been with a girl who is as hardworking, determined, strong, caring, and captivating as you. I've not met a girl that runs her own business, raises her brother alone, has had to grow up so fast and is still the most down to earth and beautiful person you could ever meet. You Carter, are one of a kind."

My jaw was dropped open now and I closed it so I didn't look like an idiot. His words meant the world to me and I was stunned by how genuine and absolutely magnificent he was.

"Please turn around so I can see your face." He placed his fingers on my jaw line and made me look at him, his hazel eyes baring down into mine.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

He had kissed me before and never had to ask but I nodded anyway, the gesture quite cute, and he leaned in touching his lips to mine.

The kiss wasn't heavy or needy, it was warm and meaningful, mixed with a bit of passion.

His lips parted mine and gave him the access to slip his tongue between them to deepen the kiss. My breath was lost and my head spun, my mind only able to focus on him.

One of his hands moved to the back of my head, pushing me closer to him, while the other cupped my cheek. My hands grasped at his tee shirt, taking a handful of the cloth in my fist.

Our mouths moulded together in perfect harmony and sent me into a state of bliss.

Minutes passed before we had to part for air, both of us breathing heavy.

"I think we might have to go downstairs now." I laughed gingerly.

"Probably." He laughed with me and gave me one swift kiss before plugging his phone into the charger and then taking my hand as we walked back downstairs.

The movie was still playing and the boy's heads snapped up as we entered the room.

I took my previous spot on the couch next to Ashton who immediately cuddled me into his side.

"Car I'm cold." Ender whined next to me.

"Come here bud." I lifted the blanket that was draped over Ashton and I and let him snuggle up next to me.

Ash looked down at us and smiled, his arm that was draped behind me reached over to ruffle Ender's hair.

The smile that lingered on my lips was ridiculously happy.

I couldn't stop repeating what Ashton had said to me upstairs.

I buried my head against his chest in order to hide my smile. He pressed a kiss to my hair and let out a light chuckle before returning his attention to the movie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 1.1K 68
Laura is a broken girl, she has no family and is in an abusive relationship. When she runs away to stay with Ashton Irwin it quickly becomes clear th...
545 23 18
"Just come to the party it'll be fun May please I want you to meet my friend Michael he's so cool please" Ashton said "Fine I'll go" I said But I di...
480K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
1.3K 40 41
Alex is a young girl suffering with emotional issues and the only person she's ever managed to be close to leaves her behind to follow his dreams. Wh...