His Smile

By khrisadom

Ashley Canton has always been the shy, timid, introverted girl, who tries as much as possible to stay out of... More

Introduction
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
Q n A
New story Alert!
Decision time

CHAPTER 25

386 31 19
By khrisadom

The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan kay

Third Person's POV

It was time for Ashley to visit Grayson once more before the weekend came to a close. Flustered she felt, all warm in her insides, at the thought of practicing her lines with him. She thought about how earlier she teased him over text and how funny it was to her. She laughed hard when she realized he had felt bad for something she was just joking about. It was cute to her.

Cam was still with her at home, she hadn't left yet. She promised she would go back home once the day was over. For now, Dylan, Cam, and Lucas were downstairs watching TV, Ashley was supposed to be a part of them but she decided to take a nap instead.

After she woke up from her nap, she realized it was about time she headed for Grayson's place. She quickly freshens up and dresses up in a sweatshirt and pants before heading downstairs.

"Lucas, I have to be at Gray's place in thirty." She interrupts their movie, and all eyes turn in her direction, even Dylan's.

"Okay." He says, "Let's go then," getting up from the couch."

"Take our car, instead." Dylan interrupts, referring to his and Ashley's car that got spoilt that faithful morning Lucas was to attend their school for the first time. It had been fixed and was brought in today. "We need to test it in order to be sure it's been fixed properly."

Ashley wasn't too sure how to answer that, so she turned to Lucas to confirm with him if it was okay to use their car and for Dylan to drive instead. He nods at her in approval and she sighs before replying.

"Okay. But first I want to eat something before we leave." Dylan nods and goes back to watching. She wants both her cousin and brother to get along real bad yet she doesn't know what to do or how to make it happen.

She turns to Cam only to find her staring at Lucas with intensity. Taking closer steps to Cam, she snaps her fingers in Cam's face immediately after she is close enough to do so.

Cam comes out of her intense gaze and looks up at Ashley in surprise, wondering how she got there. "What?!"She asks and Lucas' head turns in their direction.

"Nothing!," Ashley shakes her head smiling and Lucas turns his attention back to the TV. "Come with me." She pulls Cam out of her seat and drags her to the dining table, "Will you tag along today too?" She asks, knowing fully well that her friend would, since now she's got herself a male best friend and all.

A smirk appears on Cam's face, "Yep!." She says smirk turning into a grin.

"Sit." Ashley commands and Cam complies by pulling out a chair and sitting on it.

Cam chuckles finding her friend's behavior weird. She furrows her brows in confusion, "Why did you bring me all the way here? What's going on in your head?"

"Are you having a crush on Pierson, now?" Ashley asks as she bats her lashes.

At this, Cam starts laughing. "What did you say? Repeat it again." She fans herself with her palms as she blows air from her mouth, shaking her head, a pinch of drama.

Ashley rolls her eyes before taking a seat herself, "You heard me clearly, I know you did."

"Well, to answer your question, No! I do not have a crush on Pierson, he's just my newfound friend as you know already, Dante is my crush. Dante Bowe!! Dante Bowe!!. Do you get my point?"

"Okay, okay, I think I do," Ashley says yet deep down she had a feeling it was a cover-up just to obscure who she actually liked.

"You're welcome," Cam says getting up.

"But I never said Thank You." Ashley chuckles. Her friend was indeed crazy!

"Well, whatever." Cam flicks her hair and blows her a kiss before leaving.

----

Lucas hopped into the car as well, taking the front seat with Dylan, in the passenger seat, and Dylan as their designated driver. Cam and Ashley take the back seat. It was a quiet ride except for the noises emanating from the backseat by the two girls in the back seat of the car. Cam was making fun, cracking jokes about how quiet the two boys in the front seats were. At every joke and funny face that Cam made, they would both giggle out loudly.

It was so obvious that the atmosphere in the front seats was thick with tension. Dylan and Lucas looked so awkward not talking to each other, the tense atmosphere not helping one bit. In their awkwardness, Dylan kept gripping the steering wheel so tight while Lucas kept looking outside through the tinted window.

Cam and Ashley halted their giggles as they began whispering to themselves trying to come up with a plan that would make the two boys in front of them get along. After a few minutes of brainstorming, they think of what their next action will be.

Yes! They knew what to do. They just hope it will turn out well.

"Lucas!" Cam calls, her voice holding uncertainty.

Lucas looks away from the window and turns his head to the back slightly to look at her, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips.

Clearing her throat, she takes in a deep breath before saying, "I want to play a game with you."

"I... " He starts but she cuts him off.

She bats her lashes, "Please don't say No! Pleeeasee, pretty." A plea could be heard in her tone. Truth is, he wasn't about to say 'No' but how would she have known? She just couldn't take a no from him.

"What game is it?"

"I ask a question and you answer, you can call this me getting to know you more."

"Okay."

"So.... " she winks at Ashley making sure Lucas doesn't see it before continuing, "First question." She clears her throat, "What's your middle name?"

"Chandler." He answers.

"Really?! That's a pretty nice name. Second question...." she clears her throat, again. "What's your favorite color?"

"Grey."

"Nice choice. Do y-you have uhm a crush?"

He hesitates before nodding his head.

"Uhm, nice. I mean cool. Fourth question, What's your favorite sport?"

"Football."

"And lastly, my final question. What wish has been on your heart for a while now, that you want so badly."

He takes his time, thinking, wondering what his answer would do. There's a desperate yearning in his heart and that is to be on good terms with his male Cousin. With exactly that in mind, he parts his lips. "Mend broken ties." He says before looking back out of the window.

"Dylan, I want you both to talk to each other." Ashley chips in.

"Me too!" Cam.

"The tension between you guys is so thick, I can cut myself a slice. I know as kids you both didn't get along at all, but now you're grown. Come on you guys, you're making me sad by doing this. I really want you both to be at least civil to each other, for my sake, please." Ashley says.

"Dylan!, remember I'm your fighting buddy. To be honest, I don't like seeing you like this. So please, will you do this for your fighting buddy?"

"Lucas, will you?" Ashley asks.

"Of course! anything for my favorite person," he says.

"Fighting buddy???!!" Cam pouts although he wasn't looking at her.

"I will try," Dylan says clenching his hands tighter on the steering wheel.

"Yay!!" Both Cam and Ashley say at the same time and high-five themselves.

Now the atmosphere in the car was less tense as compared to the former.

In no time they arrived at Grayson's home. The two boys escorted the girls to Grayson's door. They needed to make sure the girls were tucked safely in Grayson's house.

Lucas was the one to ring the doorbell as they all waited outside till someone opened the door, a woman who looked grown, probably in her late forties. Ashley knew her as Grayson's guardian, she had seen the older woman a couple number of times. The woman looked confused when  Lucas' face was the first she'd met with out of the four people standing in front of her. She was wondering if Grayson had acquired a new set of male friends. A sweet smile appeared on her face immediately she looked among the other faces and saw Ashley's.

"Come in." She ushers them inside, all four of them. Ashley wasn't too happy about it, she felt she was intruding again now that Lucas and Dylan had entered too. Although Grayson said he didn't have a problem with that, she couldn't help but feel bad.

Madam Patricia ushered them seats and when they all got comfy she asked if she could serve them anything, they all declined saying it was okay yet she wouldn't take that for an answer. Even when Dylan and Lucas told her they were about to leave, she wouldn't take it till they had a taste of whatever she wanted to offer. Disappearing to the kitchen she came back holding a tray containing four glasses of freshly made fruit juice and a plate of cookies on it. She's homey, they thought.

She serves them, handing the glasses of juice to them, one glass per person.

"Gray is upstairs. I'll go get him and the boys." And with that, she leaves. Ashley and Cam sip their drinks while the boys hold theirs in their hands, not knowing what to do. In a few seconds, Madam Patricia descends the stairs, Grayson, Pierson, and Cole trailing behind. Ashley motions 'she's coming' referring to the grown woman, in alarm Lucas and Dylan take a sip of their drinks, at the same.

'They act like twins' Ashley's thoughts chime.

At the realization that the juice was tasting nice, they gulp it down at an interval.

When they finally get down, the boys greet each other in guy's way, after which Grayson heads towards Ashley and Pierson towards Cam. Grayson shoots her a smile, starting a small conversation with her. Pierson opens his arms in a sign that he needs a hug, Cam rises to her feet and steps right into his arms. He places his arms around her, mirroring her actions. Lucas watches both of them intently, wondering what their relationship might be like. 'Are they close?', his thoughts chime. Initially, he planned on going back with Dylan, but curiosity getting the best part of him, he rescinds his decision.

"Hey, best friend," Pierson says when he pulls away.

"Hi, best friend," Cam says back to him and they both laugh.

Lucas turns to Dylan, "I'll stay" he says and Dylan nods his head before saying " Me too."

____________

No one knew how it happened. It just happened, that Grayson and Ashley didn't rehearse for the play as planned. Instead, all five boys and two girls were having the best times of their lives. Laughter could be heard among them. They were bonding like acquaintances should and it was just perfect. They were all smiles, even Cole was bonding well, his 'I don't want to mingle' attitude jumping out of the door.

On one large couch were Ashley, Grayson, Pierson, and Cam. And on the other were Cole, Dylan, and Lucas. They were watching a movie together. In between the movie, Lucas kept involuntarily glancing in Cam and Piersons's direction. They looked too comfy sitting together. Grayson was sitting right beside Ashley too, but because he had promised not to act possessive whenever Grayson was around or interfere, he backed off not doing anything but just focusing on his movie.

A funny scene came up and they all burst out in laughter. As their laughter dies down, Ashley glances at Grayson who seems to be watching her with a smile, she blushes before turning her attention back to the movie.

**********

HEY!

Y'all.

I can't believe this, 'His Smile' has reached 1k views. I'm so thrilled. Thank y'all for supporting my work. I promise not to disappoint you. To those of you Voting, Commenting, and adding 'HS' to your reading lists, I want to say 'THANK YOU'. It means a lot to me and I'm in tears, overwhelmed by your support.

Quick question: I love heartbreak songs, what about you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95K 3K 44
Aaron has everything. He even knows other people that do. But he notices one girl out of every other girl that is different. She looks like she has e...
13.1K 3.2K 49
Oli's POV : Why am i constantly thinking about him. I closed my eyes fighting the urge to think about his eyes when an image of him smiling ran throu...
307K 9.1K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
9.2K 1.5K 31
Book 1 of The Flaw Series. You can't scream at the world and expect the world not to scream back. Via is the type of girl who loves to live in it w...