The regrets of Katherine Barn...

By blanket-of-moss

Katherine Barnes was a talkative 13 year old girl. She was obsessed with Marvel, The Maze Runner, Harry Potte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A/N:
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
A/N:

Chapter 38

145 5 3
By blanket-of-moss

Ren doesn't know what she should do. But she only has a few choices. The smart one would be to run and not look back. The tempting one, is to come with them. She turns to her friends for help.

" I don't know what to do, " She whispers to Newt.

" I think we should go and walk on," He says, " It's the smart way."

" But my gut says to go with them, " Ren responds, " But my brain says differently. "

" You're so overdramatic, " Minho whines, " Let's go with them, what's the harm. God. . ."

Ren just rolls her eyes at his statement. She picks up Asha from the ground and walks in the direction Clint walked in.

" They won't hurt us, will they, " Little Asha asks in worry.

" I won't let that happen don't worry, " Ren says with a reassuring smile. "Plus, they're old friends. . .sorta."

They continue to walk until they reach the quinjet. It sits in the moonlight, hatch down, waiting for them to arrive. What Ren didn't expect is Riley running from out from the inside and crushing her little sister in a hug.

" Holy crap I've missed you, " Riley mumbles. Asha squirms in the sister sandwich, trying to free herself. Riley notices the movement and steps back to see the pink six year old girl. "Who's this little girl. "

" Asha, this is Riley, " Ren introduces, "Riley meet Asha. Riley what are you even doing here anyways? I thought you were in the city. "

" I'll explain on the way, " Riley says, "Come on everyone is waiting. "

" Oh oka- wait who's everyone! " Ren calls as Riley runs back to the jet ignoring Ren. She groans and walks over to the jet with the others following, not far behind.

• • • • • • • • • • • •

Ren sits awkwardly in between Riley and Newt, with little Asha strapped in on her lap. The avengers were all staring at Ren's little group. Apparently Natasha was never working for Fury after the Fall and actually wanted to help Ren get away and stay safe. Also, Coulson's old team + Johnny are at the hideout (the old warehouse Ren took refuge. )

" So. . . This is all very shocking, " Ren says breaking the silence.

" Ren, where did you even get the kid, " Tony asks from somewhere on the plane.

" None of your business Stark, " Ren snaps back, hugging Asha a bit tighter.

" It was a simple question, " He mutters.

" So uh, how have you been Ren, " Bruce asks trying to release tension.

" Pretty good after I was viciously attacked by Angel, we ran as you all know, " Ren explains, " Bee took us to Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted. Then he left with the other Autobots to fight with Megatron. Logan died, Luna cried, and Jackson's after me. 'Found this girl, took her in and her we are today. "

" That sounds like a horrible nursery rhyme, " Tony whispers, loudly, to Bruce.

" Tony Stark you are a horrible whisperer, " Riley states.

Asha just sits there on Ren's lap very confused.

"I did that on purpose, " Tony responds walking away from Bruce towards Ren, his hands behind his back. " You were supposed to hear me say that. I also wanted to point out why is Luna not here? And why do you have that small child? "

" One, Luna hates me and blames the death of Logan on me, " Ren answers, "And two, this is, as I explain for the hundredth time, Asha. I found her living alone. "

" So you just took her in, " Bruce sums up. Ren nods and gives Asha a little squeeze.

" Well, nice to meet you kid, " Tony says sticking his large hand for Asha to shake. Instead of shaking his hand, Asha hides herself into Ren's shoulder. " 'Kay then. "

" I really don't want to be here, " Ren whine quietly to Riley throwing her head back. " People are annoying! "

"Love you too, " Riley mumbles. Asha giggles at the two sisters.

" She speaks, " Tony says throwing his hands in the air. Asha then immediately hides her face in Ren's shoulder, once again.

Ren sends a glare Tony's way, "Stark, shut up. " Stark raises his hands in defeat and goes back to tinkering Mark 49. "Wait, weren't you flying in your suit when we took off? "

" I used my suit to come over here when you were deciding, " Tony explains. Ren nods understanding, then lets her head lean onto Newt's shoulder. Asha cuddles up to Ren, and starts to fall asleep. Soon enough Ren does the same.

• • • • • • • • • • •

About a couple hours pass till Ren is shaken awake by an unfamiliar face. Before she looks at her awakener, she notices she's the only one on the jet and it's morning. Finally her eyes travel to the man in front of her. The thing that stands out is his hair, brown at the roots and a cream-ish color at the tips. His eyes are piercing ice blue. On his chin he has a bit of stubble.

" Who the hell are you, " Ren asks with a yawn. His face twists in confusion.

" They said you'd attack if you were woken up," He randomly says. Ren notices he has an accent. She can't quite place it, but she can tell he's not from around here.

" They why'd they- wait who's they? " Ren asks now sitting up and unbuckling the strap holding her captive to the chair.

" The Avenger's sent me, along with some boys," He responds.

" Oh, well A: Who are you and B: Why'd they send you if they thought If beat the crap out of you if I woke up? "

" Pietro, " He introduces holding out his hand.

Pietro, Ren thinks, Sounds oddly familiar. . .

" Again, they sent you because. . ." Ren urges him to continue. He smirks goes into a running stance and disappears right in front of Ren's eyes. Two seconds later he appears back in front of Ren and let's his arms fall back to his sides. He's a superspeeder. . .like Ren.

She finally makes the connection: Pietro Maximoff, twin of Wanda Maximoff, a.k.a Quicksilver.

He winks and says, " Didn't expect that did you? "

Ren just smirks and crosses her arms. She stands up, being around 5' 5" she's just a bit shorter than him( Okay she's a lot shorter than him.)

" Honey, your not the only one," Ren says sweetly, super-speeding around him. She taps his shoulder to gain his attention. He turns around to face Ren.

" Guess I'm not, " he remarks. Ren turns and walk out of the quinjet into the cold morning air.

The area looks unfamiliar to Ren. The forest of looming pines surround them. The air is thick with the smell of sap and earth. Weird enough she can also smell a hint of smoke, so they must not be far from the city. She turns around to Pietro when she realizes she has no idea where the heck she's going.

" Uh, where exactly is everyone? " Ren asks with a chuckle at the end. He runs up to her and sweeps her off her feet. He holds her bridal style, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck out of shock.

" Hold on, " he warns, still wearing that smirk on his face.

" N-" before Ren could finish her sentence, Pietro sped off in direction of the small camp filled with the super hero's.

Every superhero is there: Guardians of the Galaxy, X-men, Avenger's (no really!), and a few other loners. They all left after the camp went to hell. You were either with Fury or gone. Most choose gone and took their chances of survival by themselves without protection.

Pietro sets Ren down on the floor at the entrance of the camp. She notices the makeshift tents and familiar faces. The first to notice Ren is little Asha, who's wearing a little daisy flower crown in here hot pink hair. She runs as fast as she could to get to Ren.

" Ren! " She squeals. Ren gets down on one knee to pick up little Asha. Ren picks up the six year old and let's her rest against her hip.

" Hi Asha, " Ren replies happily, " Asha this is Pietro. Pietro this is Asha. " He waves a little to Asha with a big smile who hides in Ren's shoulder, like the night before. His smile falters. Ren chuckles, " She's shy. "

" I can see that," He responds. Ren smile never leaves her face, until a certain someone decides to zap her waist.

" HOLY SHIT," Ren screams and turns to face her zapper: Skye. Ren covers her mouth and looks at Asha. " Don't repeat that. "

" Language Ren! " Skye playfully scolds. " I see Asha found you. "

"Oh so your shy with everyone except for the worst possible choice, " Ren says to Asha playfully, who just shrugs in respondence.

" Hey, who's the cutie," Skye whispers to Ren, sneakily pointing to Pietro.

" Pietro, Skye, " Ren introduces.

" Hi, nice to meet you, " Skye says shaking his hand, " I'm Single by the way. "

" Smooth, " Ren mumbles, who gets an elbow to the ribs in return. " Okay, Asha go find Newt and tell him Ren will beat his ass if he's not here in two minutes then run back as fast as you can. " Asha nods then squirms out of Ren's arms then dashes across the dirt to find Newt.

Ren just wants to see Newt's reaction to Asha swearing, nothing else. Her face twists into an evil smile. She seriously looks like the devil with her gold eyes and red streak.

" What's with the creepy face, " Skye asks Ren.

" I'm a horrible girlfriend," Ren says with a smile. Once Pietro hears that, his smirk drops. Both girls don't notice, because he's facing their backs. He was hoping that Ren was single, but his hopes are now crushed pieces. He did only meet her twenty minutes ago. As creepy as it sounds, he watched her rest. He thought she looked so peaceful curled up in that little quinjet seat.

" Where did you learn that," Newt's British accent is heard. Asha's little feet carry her over to Skye, who picks her up.

" Ren taught me," Asha says with a smile pointing at the red streak girl next to her.

" Snitch," Ren grumbles crossing her arms. Newt walks over to Ren and kisses her right in front of Pietro, who breathes in deeply through his nose to prevent lashing out. Calmly he walks away, then superspeeds.

" Morning, " He says rubbing her right arm with his hand. " How are you feeling? "

" Pretty good, " Ren admits shrugging. "Oh I met someone," She turns around only to see Skye shrugging. Where'd Pietro go? She wonders. "I wonder where he went, oh well you'll meet him later. "

" He? " Newt asks, getting just a 'bit' overprotective.

" Taking just a bit too far Newt," Ren says showing a little space in between her thumb and pointer finger. He sighs and nods.

" Now, why exactly did you teach Asha that word," Newt asks.

" What word, " Ren acts clueless to avoid punishment.

" You know."

" I don't. "

" You do."

" Nope. "

" Yes you do. "

" No I don't. "

" Yes, Katherine you do. "

" This is not the girl you're looking for."

" This is not the girl I'm looking for- wait what? "

" Wow it actually worked."

" What actually worked? "

" Nothing," Ren replies smiling evilly. She starts walking towards where she smells food.

" Where are you going? " Newt asks.

" To get bacon!" Ren replies walking towards the delicious smell. Newt runs to catch up. Ren leans her head on his shoulder yawning, which causes Newt to also yawn. Newt's arm wraps around her waist and pull he's close to him. For Newt, this is all he could ask for. . .and maybe some bacon.

Ren sits on a log by the fire cooking the bacon. Who knew Riley who'd be the one cooking?

" Why do I have a feeling you're going to set the whole forest on fire," Ren says.

" Great to know you have faith in me," Riley replies sarcastically not looking up from the bacon, " How'd you sleep?"

" Good till I was awoken by speedy."

This caught Riley's attention. She looks up from the bacon cooking and raises her eyebrow, " He's cute right."

Ren looks over at Newt, who's waiting for Ren to answer,"No comment." His eyes roll at her 'none exciting comment'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 1.2K 78
Y/n Stark, the 15 year old daughter of Tony Stark, has been isolated from the world. The only people who know about her, her parents and godparents...
8.6K 220 55
This is a Thomas x O.C This is a Marvel x maze runner crossover with my own characters. I was inspired to do this from a friend whose's already writt...
83.7K 3K 41
[COMPLETED: First book of the Infinite Realms series] - Do you think that this world we live in is the only one there is? That's what (Y/N) used to...
248K 6.7K 97
At 7 she was found covered in dirt by a god and brought to Asgard At 8 she taken by hydra At 9 they discovered her powers At 11 she saw a tabby cat...