My New Hero

By KenleyCopeland

Taking place shortly after the events of it's prequel; My Old Hero, Izuku and Katsuki agree that they want to... More

Prologue
1: Plot Line
2: You're Pitiful
3: Sting
4: Hurt and Pain
5: State of my Head
6: Cry me a River
7: Caught in a Lie
8: God sent me as Karma
9: Sweet Chaos
10: When the Rain Stops
12: Unnatural
13: Inferiority Complex
14: Line 'Em Up
15: Lucky One
16: Blind Love
17: Effort
18: Good Luck, Bad Luck
19: Savior
20: Learning
21: Good to Me
22: Warning!
23: From Hell with Love
24: Fighter
25: Damage
26: What Can I Do?
27: Yours
28: Shivers
29: Electrified
30: The Feels
31: Nightmares
32: Torture
33: Demons
34: I'm Here
35: Fever
36: Think About You
37: Say Me Cute
38: Privacy
39: Icy
40: Blind and Frozen
41: Lovin' You More
42: Wet
43: Earned It
44: Christmas Day
45: Hot Enough
46: Troublemaker
47: Facade
48: I'm Gonna Show You Crazy
49: Playdate
50: Reason
51: Clockwork
52: Dice
53: Sunshine
54: Fearless
55: Doubt & Trust
56: Vicious
57: Resonance
58: Turn Back Time
59: Beastmode
60: Odd Sense
61: Alive
62: Strike Back
63: Invincible
64: Reason
65: Finesse
66: Paradise
67: Touch
68: Suspicious Camouflage
69: Villain
70: What I Want
71: Mr. Blue Sky
72: Step Up
73: Superhuman
Epilogue: The Feels for My Crush

11: A Little Space

192 5 0
By KenleyCopeland

He stood against the door after closing it knowing that the greenette was able to sleep peacefully after he had to give her some medicine. 

'How many times has she been through that pain because of the rain when I wasn't here? I really messed up by making Deku not trust me anymore this time.' he thought. 

What the blond meant was that years ago, Izuku–who was a hero at the time–got in a terrible accident that caused her to lose both her legs and her right arm, causing her to use prosthetic limbs. Though she doesn't usually have problems with her limbs, her body can go into a painful state of shock whenever it's raining outside because the humidity and cold air can hurt her joints that she suffers from. 

And though her joints can be in a lot of pain when the air's cold, she's perfectly fine when it comes to taking hot showers or baths since warm water relieves her joints. The only way to make the pain disappear is by taking a liquid medicine to ease the pain, but the only downfall of the medicine is that it usually causes her to get a fever right after taking it.

This isn't the first time Katsuki's had to inhale the medicine and then give it to the greenette himself, but he hates that it's the only way the pain can go away. 

He glanced his head to the closest window near him to see that the rain had only gotten worse and he could hear thunder booming. 

'Deku hates the rain, but she hates the noise of thunder and lightning even more. I'm gonna make her something to eat, I don't think she's eaten anything recently.' he thought as he pushed himself off the door and headed downstairs and into the kitchen. 

'Takashi said Deku needs to change her diet, so what has she been eating to cause her to be like this?' he thought as he looked through the cabinets to see packets of Ramen and he groaned. 

'Why the hell am I not surprised?'

Though he was supposed to make the greenette something healthy, he knew that she should have some porridge instead since she's got a fever. 

He stood in front of the door leading to their room and knocked on it a couple times. 

"Oi- Deku, I'm coming in." he said as he opened the door and peeked his head in to see she was still asleep. 

'How long has she been sleeping? It's been a few hours now, hasn't it? She needs to eat before she gets worse.' he thought as he walked over to the bed and sat down while setting the bowl of porridge onto the nightstand. 

He leaned his head closer to her and rested his hand on her cheek and hummed; 

"Deku~"

He watched as the greenette's eyes squinted and she furrowed her brows until she finally peeked her eyes open to see him staring down at her. 

"Hm? Ka... cchan?" 

She opened her eyes more and tried to sit up, but because her body was so tired, she could barely lift herself. Katsuki rested his hands on her shoulders and carefully helped her lift her own body to sit up and then fixed her pillow so she could rest her back against the bed frame. She rubbed her eyes and asked; 

"What time is it?" 

"It's almost 8." 

"So late..." she mumbled as she looked up at him as he averted his eyes from her. 

"I passed out, didn't I? What happened after I passed out?" she asked.

Katsuki bit his lower lip just thinking about the events that happened after the greenette passed out and he felt his chest throbbing. 

"I had to take you to the hospital, you've been overworking yourself." he answered. 

"Oh, I see, it's not something I can really help though. Hm? What's that?" she asked, as she pointed at the bowl sitting on the nightstand. 

"That's porridge, you have a fever." Katsuki answered. 

"I have a fever? When did I get a fever?" 

"It was raining a lot earlier and... you didn't take your medicine yet, so I gave you your medicine and then you got a fever." 

"Ah- Got it." she mumbled as she grabbed the bowl off the nightstand and was about to start eating. 

Just when she was about to start eating though, she glanced up at the blond and noticed how he remained sitting in front of her. 

"U-Um... Any reason why you're just sitting there?" she asked.

"Tch- What if your fever gets worse and I have to be the one to feed you? As your husband, I have to take care of my sick wife." he stated. 

'Husband and wife... that's right, me and Kacchan are still married, but will we be married for much longer?' she thought as she sighed and started eating. 

Katsuki remained sitting there and kept his eyes looking at the windows while Izuku was eating the porridge in silence. Neither were sure of what to say or do at this point and the aura in the room was a bit... suffocating. 

"Did you... pick up the kids?" she asked. 

"No, they're still at your mom's, but they're gonna stay there for tonight. I told your cousin I'd take care of you, so once you finish eating, take this medicine and get some sleep." Katsuki explained as he pointed at the two orange medicine bottles that were sitting on the nightstand. 

"Oh... okay."

Shortly after the quick chat was over, Izuku finished her porridge, grabbed the two orange medicine bottles and grabbed a tiny capsule from each bottle and swallowed them with a bit of water. She set the empty bowl on the nightstand and rubbed her eyes once more. 

"I've taken my medicine, so I'm gonna go back to sleep." she mumbled. 

"Got it, just call me if you need anything and I'll be here." Katsuki said as he grabbed the empty bowl off the nightstand and stood up from the bed. 

"W-Wait-" she paused as she grabbed his wrist. 

"What?" 

"Y-You're not... gonna sleep here for the night... with me?" she asked with worry. 

That caught the blond by surprise, he actually thought she'd want some distance from him, and that involved not sleeping in the same bed.

"I-I-" 

"I may be a little upset with you, but I know that if it's raining now, then there will be a lot of thunder and lightning tonight, which I won't be able to sleep alone because of. So... please sleep here with me for the night." she begged as she looked up at him and deep into his Ruby Red eyes. 

He didn't expect her to basically beg, but he knew he couldn't turn that down since it felt like it'd been ages since they last slept together. 

"Okay." he muttered as he set the bowl back down on the nightstand. 

He walked around to the opposite side of the bed and laid down right next to the greenette and pulled the covers over himself. Though he wanted to be happy that he could sleep next to his wife, he felt a lot of guilt and couldn't even look her in the eye, so he turned his back to her and mumbled; 

"Good night." 

Izuku wasn't surprised that he had his back to her, but she was a bit pleased that he was there, so she laid back down and faced her back to him and said; "Good night." as well.

A few hours go by and Katsuki wakes up to find himself sweating as he was burning up from a wave of warmth shrouding him. He pushed the covers away but was still burning up and didn't know if his quirk was just going haywire. 

'What the hell, why am I burning up so-' 

He turned his entire body and his thoughts halted when he opened his eyes to see the greenette lying right next to him and resting her arms on his stomach and peacefully asleep. 

'Deku...' 

It felt like his body that felt like a sauna before was now cooling down at the sight of his wife sleeping right next to him. He lifted his right hand and gently rested it onto her forehead to find that she broke her fever. 

'She's not burning up anymore, that's one good thing.' he thought.

But just when he was already in awe to see her lying peacefully asleep next to him, a large cloud suddenly poofed in front of him. 

'What the- is this-' 

The second the cloud dispersed, he looked to see that the sight of the greenette was gone, but now there was a large and fluffy Dark Green cat sleeping next to him. 

'She... She turned into her cat form, when's the last time she's done that?' he thought. 

It seemed that because Izuku could finally manage to put her mind at ease for once while asleep, she managed to turn into her cat form because she relaxed herself causing her quirk to activate. The blond stared at the sleeping cat and rested his hand onto the fluffy cat's head and heard it start to purr. 

'I forgot... how soft her fur can be.' he thought.

The cat yawned at him and unconsciously stood up from its spot and then walked closer to him and got on top of his chest. 

"What the- Deku, why're you-" 

Too late for him to ask, as he watched the cat knead onto his chest and then curled up into a ball and fell back asleep on his chest. 

'She actually wanted to lie on top of me... when's the last time she's done something like this?' he thought in shock. 

But as much as he was shocked by this happening, he couldn't help but smell and he rested his hand onto the cat's head and soon closed his eyes. 

"Fine, we'll sleep like this for tonight." he hummed as he fell asleep with a subtle smile on his face.

Note: Hello My Little Emeralds!

Kind of a cute but also a little awkward little chapter, but the next chapter will be interesting!

Gonna post 1 more chapter later today!

Leave a like and comment down below!

Happy Reading from me, My Little Emeralds!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 288 11
Monsters are growing in numbers, rampaging, and destroying kingdom after kingdom. And what is worse is that humans are helpless to these monsters! No...
23.5K 565 25
[COMPLETED] Cover made by: VioletYbrehl Izuku has a dilemma. He just realize that he likes someone. So, what is the problem about that? The problem i...
9.3K 439 75
After getting fired from her job for no reason, Izuku Midoriya ends up upset and desperate to find a way to make herself feel better. So what does sh...
15.7K 459 95
Though she went to U.A., Izuku Midoriya ended up being in the Support Course through school, and though she did become a hero, she retired from that...