Checkmate: THE NEXT LEVEL (R)

By Love_Bri94

Mya and Chris take on the married life. Will they be able to handle all of the obstacles that it brings Tim... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
ThirtyEight
ThirtyNine
Forty
FortyOne
FortyTwo
FortyThree
FortyFive
FortySix
FortySeven
FortyEight
FortyNine
Fifty
FiftyOne
FiftyTwo
FiftyThree
FiftyFour
FiftyFive
FiftySix
FiftySeven
FiftyEight
🫢🏽
FiftyNine
Sixty
SixtyOne
SixtyTwo
🫠
Bonus Ch.1 - Breezy Knows Best
Bonus Ch.2 - Chatting With the Andersons
Bouns Ch 3. - Causing Trouble
πŸ™„πŸ˜’

FortyFour

3.9K 266 171
By Love_Bri94

Chapter FortyFour
Mya Brown
A Week Later - Mariah's House

Jade and I sat on the couch, as Me and Mariah talked to Kayla about the recent events that have occurred.

My parents telling us that they're getting a divorce, it feels like a bad nightmare. This might seem crazy but it feels like somebody died, I'm really heartbroken.

"How y'all feeling with all of this going on?" Mariah asked.

"I'm pissed, there's no reason to lie." Kayla said while burping baby Sam. "She told me a few days before they sat down with everybody else, that's why I didn't come. Mommy has been at my place and we don't speak."

"And this random guy she's supposed to be talking to, where the hell did he come from?" I asked.

"Nobody knows." Mariah answered. "She doesn't even go anywhere to meet people."

"Then it has to be somebody from the restaurant, maybe she took his order and they exchanged numbers."

"Talking about this shit makes my stomach hurt, every time."

"That's just my new little niece or nephew." I leaned over. "Hi TT Butt Butt."

Sam started crying making me laughing. I got up and walked over to Kayla, giving her Jade so that I can hold my tootaman...black people and our nicknames. "Sammy boo you can't be jealous of me and my other TT babies, that's not fair to them. You acting like yo daddy right now." I nibbled on his chunky cheeks. This baby is so damn adorable, my ovaries ALMOST jumped.

"Speaking of his dad, has he seen him." Mariah asked and by the look on Kayla's face, we knew that meant no. "Why?"

"I don't want to deal with that man." Kayla answered.

"Okay, let me put my big sister hat on...Kayla, it's not about you babe. Hoody wants to be in Sam's life, you don't have to deal with him, you are just co-parenting."

"In order to co-parent, I'd have to speak to him and every time I speak to him I want to kill him. He hasn't even apologized about that post he made. I hate that man so much."

"You don't." I said. "You love him and that's why you're angry."

Kayla's eyes turned red. "I never wanted to be a single mom, my son deserves to see his mother be loved on and I wanted it to be by his father."

"Let me be an example for you Kayla, that's not always the case and that's perfectly fine! You're going to find an amazing man that loves you so much, and loves Sam just as much. We all want to be a happy family with our kids father, but that's not always the case." Mariah said. "Let that bitterness and anger go, heal, let him be a father to his son and move on."

I looked over at Jade and thought about Landon. Chris and I don't have the best marriage but I got lucky.

Kayla wiped the tears from her face. "I dont even know what to say to him or what to do."

Exhaling I got up and grabbed Sam's car seat. "I'll be the middle man for you. I'll talk to hoody as badly as I want to beat his fat ass, I'll put that to the side. You mind if I take him to see him? You owe him that, it's been almost a month."

She nodded. "For just an hour, please."

"Your child, your rules." I strapped him in his seat. "Keep an eye on Jade for me, I'll be back."

"Thank you Mya."

"You're welcome babe. Stop crying, it'll be okay." I kissed her cheek. "We got other stuff to stress over like our damn parents."

"Yeah I'm not stressing over that shit either." Kayla said while laying down. "Mama wanna be stupid, then I'll let her."

Shaking my head, I grabbed my purse and his diaper bag then headed out.

•••

Pulling up to Hoody's house, I said a silent prayer. I've been doing really well with my temper so I'm hoping he acts like he has some sense.

Remember Mya, this is what keeps you blessed.

Whew, let's do this.

I had to get his address from Ant since Chris banned him from Tarzana and he's getting it ready to be sold.

Once I got Sam out the car seat we headed up the door and I rung the bell. It took a few minutes before he opened the door."

"Mya?"

"Yo hands clean?"

He shook his head. "Naw, but come in." He stepped back so that I can walk inside.

The fat fuck got a stripper pole in his living room, ugh.

Be nice Mya!

Ugh, okay okay.

I walked over to the couch not sure if I should sit down, might catch something knowing how trifling he is.

Mya!

Ugh, my bad.

Hoody came back in the living room. "Why you standing up?"

"Is it safe?"

He laughed. "Yeah it's safe man, sit down."

Exhaling I sat down on the couch then he reached of the baby. "AHT! Let me see them hands."

Sucking his teeth he held them out and flipped them over. "They clean now give me my son."

"Whatever...tootaman, meet your fat ass daddy, Omololu."

"Now who the fu— freak told you my name."

"Google, duh."

He laughed while picking Sam up and sitting down. "Hey man, what's up? You my twin little man."

Can't lie, seeing this made me smile. "He is your twin unfortunately."

"Damn Mya, you just gone keep coming at me crazy huh? I know you hate me."

"I don't hate you Omari, I'm disappointed. But you're a grown ass man and I'm not your mom so I can't be down your back. I will say though that it's still crazy to me how you were so sick and disgusted when Chris cheated on me and you have been treating my sister so fucking foul."

"I screwed up with Kayla, I know I did. I beat myself up for it all the time about this shit. I wish I could go back in time and change so much shit. I love Kayla and I know she'll never give me another chance. I just gotta accept the fact that we're going to co-parent."

"Yeah, it's real unfortunate Hood."

"I got two sons, I don't want them to grow up thinking it's cool to dog women."

"Exactly! Usually your karma is a daughter, you see your friend got two of them."

Hoody laughed. "Yeah now the Nigga the poster man for good relationships."

"Yup, that's my man." I smiled.

"Y'all make me sick. But y'all goals though."

"We're not perfect."

"But y'all fix your imperfections."

"Yeah, something that you were supposed to do, not make things worse."

"I know Mya, I know."

"And until Kayla is ready to bury the hatchet, I'll be the middle man for you two. I'm hoping she's able to put her pride aside soon and talk to you."

"She has to, what am I supposed to do when you're busy? Just be okay with not seeing my son? Nah. I missed out on enough time. I want to be a good father but her feelings are interfering with that."

"Both of y'all are very hostile when it comes to one another. You, I'm not so sure why? I—."

"She banned me from the hospital when he was born. I tried to be there for Kayla, Mya. She wouldn't let me."

"Wait cause she showed me messages. She'd ask you about going to her doctors appointments but you never responded."

"That's a bold face lie!" He reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone going to their text thread then handed it to me. "Your sister is bipolar. Don't scroll too far, you might see the naked pictures she sent me a few weeks before she gave birth."

"Too late....what the fuck is Kayla doing?"

"Fooling everybody. She must be deleting messages and shit, tryna make me be the bad guy."

I passed him his phone then groaned while leaning back and rubbing my eyes. This what I get for trying to be the peacemaker. "Go get dressed, I'm ending this today."

"Mya, you've done enough-."

"Go, now."

"Alright mama, damn." He passed me the baby then went upstairs.

I grabbed my phone and FaceTimed Chris. I'm gonna need back up.

He picked up and he was already out so that's perfect. "Wassup Mya."

"Hey bookie butt, you're glowing today." I flashed him my winning smile.

"What do you want and how much is it gonna cost me?"

"It's free, all I need is your time."

"For?"

"Meet me and Mariah's crib and I'll explain when you get there."

"Naw I need to know now...where you at anyway that background don't look familiar."

"I'm—."

"Alright Mya I'm ready." Hoody said while walking in the living room.

"Who the fuck is that?!" Chris yelled. Good to know he doesn't know his own friends voice.

"Can you come to Mariah's?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Who you with Mya and don't play with me cause I got yo location and I swear to god I'll pull up and kill you and the weak ass nigga."

"Damn nigga calm down." Hoody got in the camera.

"Fuck is you doing with that fat fuck?!"

See I'm not the problem, I get it all from my husband.

"I'm trying to make the world a better place now meet me at Mariah's or there will be no coochie for you tonight mister." I responded.

He rolled his eyes. "Damn man, I'm on my way."

"Aww, you're so sweet. Bye my handsome, fine ass, sexy ass, husband."

"That's right baby boost my ego. Just know you gotta suck on this dick later too." He smiled while biting down on his lip.

"Sloppy just how you like it Papi."

"ME AND MY SON RIGHT HERE!" Hoody yelled. "Damn, y'all don't be caring."

"I'm sorry, bye boo." I laughed while hanging up. "Let's go Omololu!"

"Ima knock yo little ass out Mya, keep playing."

"Okay, okay. I'm done."

Chris Brown

I pulled up to Mariah's the same time Mya did. Hoody climbed out the car then got the baby. I walked up to him, did our handshake then went over to my fake philanthropist of a wife.

I grabbed her waist and moved her to me. "So you know what you doing bringing him over here, right?"

"Chris, Kayla has been playing the shit out of us."

"What you mean?"

"I'll spill all the tea later, let's just get this sorted out first."

I exhaled. "Alright, I'm not breaking up no fights but okay."

We walked inside of the house. Mariah was sleep holding Jade and Kayla was laying there on her phone. When she looked up, her eyes grew darks, swear.

I've seen that look on Mya so I know this ain't about to go well.

"Fuck is he doing here? What the fuck is this Mya?!" Kayla yelled waking my baby up and her sister.

"The hell is you ye- Mya!" Mariah yelled.

"Before everybody starts yelling and killing each other, let me explain." Mya said. "At first the plan was just help you two out but like Hoody made clear to me, how is this going to work when I'm busy. He'll just have to be okay with not seeing his son. That's not fair. And you Ms. Kayla have not been truthful about you guys communicating. One minute you're upset the next minute it's something different and you know what I'm talking about. You just need to fix this for Sammy. Talk, be adults, because this beautiful baby that you guys created deserves for his parents to have a healthy relationship. Right?"

"Right." Hoody agreed.

Kayla nodded before getting up. She took a deep breath and turned to him. "Let's go in the kitchen."

"After you." Hoody stepped back.

Once they were away Mariah sat up. "Bitch what was she sending, you left out the good parts." She tried to whisper.

I laughed but I was curious too.

"Girl naked ass pictures bitch, like naked as fuck. It was one and she was on the bed busting that motherfucka wide open. Told that fat ass nigga come eat this."

Me and Mariah burst out laughing cause Mya is really sick in the head.

"Y'all laughing but that shit was crazy." Mya continued. "She was on some real bipolar shit. One day she wants him at the appointments with her or to come over so they can talk then the next she saying fuck his mama and she gone kill him and beat up that bitch he got pregnant. It was a lot."

"It's like deja vu to me." I said. "When you was pregnant with Landon, one minute you wanted me to eat it from the back, the next you wanted to bust out more of my windows."

"That's the past, get over it."

"Never."

"Mmhm, im going home." Mya went to get Jade but Mariah slapped her hands away.

"She not leaving, bye. And I should make you stay since you brought their nonsense to my house."

"Girl bye, just make sure they don't sneak off into one of these bedrooms."

"They bet not!"

"Yeah okay, come on light skin." Mya grabbed my hand and led me outside. "Thank you for coming."

"Mmhm." I pulled her to me. "Well since you fixed her problems I got a bone to pick with you now."

"What I do?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Got on birth control and didn't think to mention it to me."

She exhaled. "How did you find out?"

"Can't reveal my sources but that don't even matter. You don't think you should've mentioned that to me? You know I wanted another baby after what happened and you seemed all for it. What changed your mind?"

"We have a lot going on. I got stuff I want accomplished soon, a baby is just not going to be good for us right now. Jade isn't even one year old yet. I just need a year or two and then I'll give you twins, just not right now."

I nodded. "That's all you had to say to me. Enough of the sneaky shit Mya. I thought we worked on that."

"We did and I'm sorry Chris."

"I get it's your body but a heads up would've been nice."

"Okay."

"But take as much time as you need. You're right it is a lot going on and I want to make sure I'm there fully when you give birth."

"Where you going?"

"Tour, in 8 weeks."

Her eyes grew. "Oh wow."

"I would love if you would join me."

"Chris."

"I know it won't happen this time. You'll help with my outfits right?" I asked.

"Of course and I'll try to make all the weekend shows or whenever I'm free."

I nodded. "That'll work."

Mya exhaled before wrapping her arms around me. I know some shit running through her head but I won't get into it right now. "I'll see you at home, okay?"

"I'm right behind you." I kissed her lips, then she walked away.

8 weeks til tour and within that time I gotta figure out how to make my wife feel secure about me being away.

Man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 90 21
Tatiana Mardones lives in the same apartment building as this cute guy named Micheal Hawkins, with her boyfriend Tevin and their son Xavier. When Mic...
7.9K 457 37
Jordan is facing years in federal prison, while Giselle is forced to hold down the household on her own. She moves her children and business to Los...
6.8K 92 28
Ashley's new to Cali. She gets introduced to new people that she feels are just like her. On their grind. She finds out what they do for a living and...
321K 5.3K 42
Morgan has known nothing but hurt her whole life- it's no fairy-tale. That's where Jacob comes in. Grown and mature more now than ever, he knows exac...