Rock Sugar And Pear Stew | L...

By kathujaan

Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77 Part 1
Chapter 77 Part 2
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 68

1K 30 14
By kathujaan

Jungkook asked for Eunha's contact information from Jimin and requested to meet her.

For this meeting, Eunha specially dolled up. What she did not know was a straight guy, Jungkook was usually not capable of discerning when girls put in exceptional effort to dress up.

When they met up, Jungkook started the conversation with the intention of frightening Eunha. "Lisa's father received the photos of me and her at RCU. Did you send them? Do you know that Lisa was furious after seeing those photos and wanted to teach you a lesson?"

The image of Lisa using the broken beer bottle to threaten her the other day flashed through Eunha's mind. She immediately showed an expression of terror and her face paled. "How could I have done it? Don't speculate blindly! It wasn't me".

"Mm, I also felt that it wasn't you. Don't worry, I stopped her".

"Thank you, Ice God...." Eunha's eyes reddened and she looked aggrieved as she thanks him.

Jungkook waved his hands. "In short, stop badmouthing Lisa behind her back in the future. If there's a next time, I might not be able to stop her".

"Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!" Eunha nodded hurriedly.

Jungkook then asked, "Besides that day during the classmate gathering, did you mention that incident to anyone else previously?"

"I only told it to Jeong Jaehyun".

When Eunha sent the photos and links to Jaehyun, she actually felt quite gleeful. She and Lisa both liked Jaehyun at the same time but Jaehyun was nicer to Lisa then her. But now, look, look at this! The person you like is tangled up amoroulsy with another guy. Doesn't it feel hurtful and upsetting?

When Jungkook heard Eunha's words, he further affirmed the suspicion in his heart. He nodded and said, "Thanks".

Eunha watched Jungkook's good-looking face and suddenly realized that she had thought too much. Rather than specially coming to find her, Jungkook was obviously there for Lisa.

She forced down the bitterness she felt and asked, "Ice God, Can I ask you a question?"

"Mm?"

"Why do all of you like Lisa? Even though she is pretty, there are so many pretty girls out there".

"I don't have a choice". Jungkook said. For him, liking a fellow like her was extremely exhausting as well.

For once, Eunha stood her ground in front of Jungkook. "That's not an answer".

Jungkook took in Eunha's expression and asked, "Actually, what you don't get is why she is always the center of attention, why there are always so many people revolving around her and doing what she says, right?"

Eunha nodded.

"I can only tell you that for some people, they naturally shine".

Eunha....sunk even deeper in her envy.

____

After saying goodbye to Eunha, Jungkook went to Jaehyun's residential area and located his house. "Thud, thud" He knocked on the door.

Jaehyun was shocked when he opened the door and saw that it was Jungkook.

"How do you know my address?" Jaehyun was bewildered.

"Why can't I know your address when you know Lisa's address?" Jungkook's face was enigmatic as if he was an intelligence officer from the Ministry of State Security.

In reality, he obtained this information from his parents. They all stayed in the same city and their circles were bound to cross. With help of numerous relatives and friends, and also the fact that Jaehyun's parents were civil servants, it was not too difficult for Jungkook's parents to find out more.

Seeing Jungkook's pretentious attitude, Jaehyun invited him out. The two of them stood underneath a pavilion nearby to talk.

"You're looking for me for something?" Jaehyun asked.

Jungkook stared at Jaehyun's face and asserted, "You're the one who sent those photos".

Jaehyun pushed up his silver spectacles and looked at Jungkook expressionlessly before suddenly giving a faint smile. "Oh? Where's your evidence?"

"I'm not here to confront you. I'm curious when you took such great pains to break us up, aren't you afraid that you're providing an opportunity for Yeonjun instead?"

"Yeonjun has entered the national team and won't be able to return anytime soon....I watched the news".

"You've really thought this though". Jungkook almost wanted to clap for Jaehyun himself. As it turned out, Jaehyun had planned to first eliminate him, the biggest threat, before positioning himself on the same starting line as Yeonjun. Both of them were in Seoul and equally far from Lisa. It was not possible for either of them to gain an advantage over the other.

Jaehyun accepted the praise. "You're too kind".

Jungkook said, "You probably think that I won't do anything to you".

Jaehyun did not say a word but it was obvious from his expression that this was what he thought.

Jungkook had reason to believe that if he did not deal with this now, Jaehyun would continue using the gossip on him and Lisa to wreak havoc.

"Is Jeong Jihoon your father?" Jungkook suddenly asked.

Jaehyun looked at him coolly and answered with a question of his own in return. "What do you mean by this?"

"Your father's name is Jeong Jihoon. He used to be the deputy head of the Water Affairs Bureau but because of some problems in their projects, he was almost charged for corruption and subsequently demoted to the Archives and Subsequently demoted to the Archives Bureau. Discontent with this 'unprofitable' department, he is been finding means to get himself transferred back. It's said that he is being pulling quite a few strings....mm, your family must have sent out numerous gifts this Chinese New year?"

After Jungkook said to much, Jaehyun was finally unable to maintain his calm demeanour. He looked at Jungkook warily.

Jungkook gave a faint smile, "While you're keeping tabs on others, there are also keeping tabs on you".

"What are you planning?"

"I'm not planning anything", Jungkook said, He raised his hand and pointed at the sky. In a more serious tone, he said, "Heaven takes care of those who are despicable".

Jungkook was well-versed in the logic of psyching someone out. A person would always be more fearful of what he or she does not fully know. Therefore, a few sentences were enough to do the trick and everything else can be left to the other person's imagination. What could be imagined would always be more exciting than reality.

As a result, he did not continue saying anything else, choosing to turn and walk away instead.

Leaving Jaehyun standing in his original spot, his face looking pale and beyond ghastly.

____

Park Chaeyoung stayed in Lake City for two days. Papa and Mama Manoban really liked this young girl. They felt that she was gentle and quiet, and had a dignified demeanour that was completely missing from their daughter. A girl like this was the real cotton-padded jacket!

As for their daughter, even though it was true that she was sometimes a cotton-padded jacket, she occasionally made them feel like puking blood. They could hot help suspecting that cotton-padded jacket was stiffed with poisonous cotton.

On the tenth of the first lunar month, Chaeyoung was to take the high-speed rail home. At the ticket gantry, she reluctantly bade farewell to Lisa and the rest. Then, she gave Lisa a hug.

When Chaeyoung released Lisa, Jimin opened his arms, wanting to hug her as well. However,  Chaeyoung pretended to not see him and pushed her luggage along with turning back to wave to them. "Bye bye! See you all when school reopens!"

Jimin felt a little awkward. He stepped forward and pretended that he meant to hug Jungkook.

Jungkook planted his palm on Jimin's face and forcefully pushed him away.

Having been pushed away, Jimin could only turn and try to hug his boss.

Then, Jungkook suddenly hauled him back and gave him a perfunctory hug.

Jimin felt that Jungkook might be a drama king.

Lisa asked Jungkook, "When is the Ice hockey team gathering?"

"The day after tomorrow".

"Oh".

The three of them headed out together. Looking at the back of Lisa's head, Jungkook suddenly said, "I'm thinking of going back to our primary school tomorrow. Do you want to come?"

"Sure".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.7K 110
Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook shared a desk for six years of primary school. Taehyung had tormented Jungkook for every second of this time, but Jung...
33.5K 1.9K 23
A love was not an easy pathway to go with but as long as you have the one who truly understands you, nothing is impossible. -lisaxjungkook (Complete...
89.4K 2K 87
Having a huge age gap didn't less their love towards each other. Lisa and Jungkook a sweet bickering couple will melt your heart smooth like butter...