Their safe haven

By everlove2069

After her mother's and step fathers death, Evelyn must move in with her 7 older brothers who she had no idea... More

More info...
Characters 
Chapter one🫶🏼
Chapter two🫶🏼
Chapter three🫶🏼
Chapter four🫶🏼
Chapter five🫶🏼
Chapter six🫶🏼
Chapter seven🫶🏼
Chapter eight🫶🏼
Chapter nine🫶🏼
Chapter ten🫶🏼
Chapter eleven🫶🏼
Chapter twelve🫶🏼
Chapter thirteen🫶🏼
Chapter fourteen🫶🏼
Chapter fifteen🫶🏼
Chapter sixteen🫶🏼
Chapter seventeen🫶🏼
Chapter eighteen🫶🏼
Chapter nineteen🫶🏼
Chapter twenty🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-one🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-two🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-three🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-four🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-six🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter thirty🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-one🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-two🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-three🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-four🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-five🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-six🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter forty🫶🏼
Chapter forty-one🫶🏼
Chapter forty-two 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-three🫶🏼
Chapter forty-four🫶🏼
Chapter forty-five🫶🏼
Chapter forty-six🫶🏼
Chapter forty-seven 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter forty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter fifty🫶🏼
Chapter fifty-two🫶🏼

Chapter twenty-five🫶🏼

6.8K 168 68
By everlove2069

Evelyn's pov

PING!

PING!

PIN-Groan.

"Fuck. Ev, your phone is going off." I raised my head a bit at the sound of Romeo's voice echoing through my head. My eyes stayed closed as I felt a warm hand on the back of my neck, lightly rubbing my pressure points.

I started to fall asleep again until I heard my phone go off once more. I threw my head back onto Romeo's chest and he blew out a breath while chuckling. "Get up little flower. If Luca wakes up to your phone he might just take it." My eyes opened to see Lucas's head resting on my leg.

Groaning, I grabbed my phone and turned it to vibrate while closing my eyes due to the brightness. Once I had adjusted to the light I opened my eyes and looked at the new text coming through.

Zion: Hey, I don't know how to talk in text.

Zion: This is weird and I'm sorry, but I need to talk to you. In person?

Zion: I don't think you are awake. I'm sorry.

Zion: I'm going to pick you up today.

Zion: I'm here. Are you up yet?

Zion: I might climb the window. Do you think your brothers would shoot me if I did?

As I read the last text I started to get off of my bed while gently picking up Lucas's heavy head and slowly putting it back down on my bed.

I took a deep breath and walked over to my window, looking down I sucked in a large breath as I saw Zion and Rain talking. I looked back at the bed and Romeo was smirking while nodding at my closet.

I ran to my closet and tried to pick out a cute but warm outfit as I was looking I heard a knock on my closet making my head whip to the side to see Romeo standing in my closet. "Help?" He chuckled as I frantically nodded my head like a fish.

I turned to see Romeo grabbing a knitted two piece outfit. It was all grey but the shirt was slightly off the shoulder. I raised my eyebrows and then shook my head, I would never be able to pull that off with my bones sticking out.

Romeo sighed heavily while walking over to where I stood with my head down. "You know every time you talk bad about yourself you are actually talking bad about all of us. I'm kinda starting to take offense to that." I chuckled as he poked my cheek.

He placed the clothes in my hands and left my room with a small click from the door. I sighed and walked out of my closet only to jump out of my skin and scream.

Luca slightly jerked his head while he looked down at me with a lazy glare. He literally stood in the corner of my room in the dark, and the only thing I saw was a dark shadow in my room, what did he expect?!

My door busted open and Romeo and Rain ran into my room with their guns drawn. Luca glanced at them and they quickly put their guns down. Luca walked over to me and I pushed his arm while muttering 'stupid head' under my breath.

Luca nudged my arm and then shook his head while leaving my room. Rain stood straighter as Luca walked by. Once he left Rain dropped his shoulders and sighed in relief. "Scared the piss out of me Ms.Evelyn".

I smiled at how he used my name without knowing it. Romeo had left so it was just me and Rain in my room. The air felt tense as I looked around my room. Rain cleared his throat and looked at the door. "There is a Zion here for you. Have a good day Ev." I smiled at the back of his head while he closed my door.

I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth while almost slipping on my head a few times. I finally got my black Air Jordans and ran out of my bedroom door with my phone and bag in my hands.

I heard Marco in the kitchen so I ran in there to at least tell him goodbye before I left. As I ran in there I froze in my spot at the scene in front of me. Zion was sitting on the chair while Rain sat next to him with a cigarette hanging from his plump lips. Marco was leaning on the fridge while Alessandro cleaned his gun like it was a normal thing to do.

I walked into the kitchen and Marco glared at Zion while reaching over and pulling me into a side hug. "Morning hun, what do you want for breakfast?" His voice sounded the same as always but his face kept a glare.

I hugged him back while slightly nodding to the door. Zion got the hint and did a weird handshake with Rain before walking out of the kitchen. Once I heard the front door close I looked up at Marco and smiled sweetly at him.

Rain watched me and I felt his gaze on me as I started to talk to Marco, it was almost enough to make me nervous but it gave me butterflies which was odd. "I really have to go, I will have a big lunch I promise." As his mouth started to open I ran over to Alessandro and gave him a quick hug before running out of the door.

As I ran out of the door my body collided with the front door and I slowly slid down the door while holding my nose, I wanted to shoot myself when I saw Rain from the corner of my eye. Rain walked out of the kitchen and when he saw me he quickly ran over to my side.

He grabbed my hands and pulled them away from my face as I threw my head back with a small laugh. He let out a small groan and when I opened my eyes he just closed his eyes and shook his head slowly. "Not broken, your fine." As he spoke his voice came out deeper and raspier than normal.

He finally opened his eyes and I smiled at him as he started to help me off of the floor. He opened the door for me and I smiled while walking out toward Zion's car. Before I got too far away Rain told me to be careful and I nodded my head.

Zion had his head down as I glared at him. I got tired of the quietness so I spoke up with a calm but agitated tone. "No call, not even a text last night. What are you doing here Zion? My brothers will kill you if they all knew you were here." I watched as he gulped at my last sentence.

He said nothing as he simply opened the passenger door. That simple move got under my skin as I walked over to the door and shut it. Zion ran a hand down his face as he shook his head. "Get in the car, Evelyn. I just wanna talk." His tone almost sounded like HE was the one losing sleep over me.

I shook my head at the same time the front door opened. Romeo walked out with Rain behind him holding a file in his large hands. I looked at Romeo and then looked at Zion in silent communication.

I glanced over to see Rain putting a shiny knife into his pocket as he held a machine gun in his free hand. I looked at Zion and shook my head. "Romeo can take me. Right Romeo?" I heard the door open again and this time Luca walked out of the front door.

His fitted suit was dark grey with a black under shirt. He didn't look up from his phone as he tucked a gun into the waist band of his pants. I could feel Zion's gaze on me but I never looked at him.

"Luca! Maybe you could take me to school. Please?" I heard Zion let out a frustrated sigh as he watched Luca slowly look up from his phone. I started to walk over to Luca when I felt a hand grab my wrist in a semi-hard grip.

One second it was a calm morning and the next everyone that was outside had a gun pointed at Zion's head. Rain looked like he really wanted to pull the trigger as I saw his eye twitch. I felt Zion drop my wrist and I turned around to look at him.

Without saying a word I opened the passenger door and got into his expensive looking car. Zion opened the driver's side and got in while I started to buckle my seatbelt. I glanced over to see Zion resting his head on the steering wheel while turning the key making the engine pur to life.

As we left the safety of the gates I glanced over at him and decided to break the tension in the air. "How do you know my brothers? Don't lie. And why didn't you call back yesterday." I watched as his shoulders stiffened and as his hands on the wheel tightened. I could see that he had a fading black eye and a few cuts on his face but did I care no, not really.

I waited for his response and when he finally did I thought for sure we were all ready close to the school. "I work for them. I guess. Assassin for most of their hits. But I basically just do whatever they tell me to do." I turned my head towards the window and blew out a breath while I waited for my second question to be answered.

A few seconds passed, as though he was waiting to find the right words before speaking. "And the second reason goes with the first. Your brothers aren't the nicest, and I tried Evelyn I really did. I tried to break that deal so many times just to talk to yo-" His words cut off short, as he had said too much. And I think he did.

My breathing became shallow and shaky as I asked the nice questions lightly. "What deal?" Zion slammed his fist down on the steering wheel making me jump. I felt a pit in my stomach and it felt like I needed to release my stomach of everything.

I started to see the school come into my view and I started to unbuckle and reach down for my bag. As I was putting my hand on the handle Zion pulled it off and held it in his warm hand.

I tried to pull it away but he didn't let go. I started to panic but I kept my breathing regular as he spoke. "It wasn't like that, when I first met you I didn't know who your brothers were. After they found out we were friends they told me to look out for you." Once he parked I opened the car door and yanked my hand away.

I saw my brother's car already in the parking lot and I saw Salvatore getting out of his car with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. I pushed my fear down and walked over to his car.

He watched me as I walked over and he put the cigarette out once I got close to him. His gaze turned from me to Zion across the lot and as he did I hit his chest with my fist.

I pushed him back and his body started to tense. I was going to slap him across the face but he grabbed my wrist. At this time I had tears dripping down my face in embarrassment and in irritation.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned my head to see Sergio glaring at me. "You guys had my friend watch over me. My first and only friend! Do you know how embarrassing that is?" I shook Sergio's hand off of my shoulder and I ripped my hand away from Salvatore's grip.

"We did it to protect you." I scuffed at Sergio's comment and turned around towards the school. I shoved through Sergio and walked into the school doors. We did it to protect you, yeah right.

I saw Zion by my locker with his head down and I started to feel guilt course through me. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand in mine. "I'm sorry, my brothers had no right to do that and I didn't mean to get mad at you." A small smile tugged onto his lips as he slid his fingers through mine and gave my hand a light squeeze.

He walked me to class and he started lean closer to me. My body went stiff as he placed his hand on the small of my back while opening the classroom door. "After you, Ms.Leone." I walked in front of him while shaking my head slowly.

I felt a small piece of me slightly break as I got a glimpse of Romeo shoving Sergio into some of the lockers while chuckling. I had realized that a lot of my brothers like to toss each other around and it hurts to know that they probably see me as not strong enough to fight back.

The whole class period Zion was talking my ear off and saying how sorry he was and I started to feel a bit irritated by the apologies. While we were walking out he tried to say sorry again so I covered his mouth with my hand. "Please..just shut up. If you say sorry once or twice I believe you. But you have said it WAY too many times." He nodded his head while pushing my hand away.

Before I could turn I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to groan quietly. I turned and came face to face with Rain. I looked around with wide eyes and then turned back to see him smirking at me. I turned to Zion and blinked a few times before finding my words. "Zion? See you soon?" Zion reluctantly nodded his head and I turned around once he started to walk away.

I looked up at Rain and glared at him making his smirk slowly go away. He sighed and grabbed my hand while I spoke. "Rain, how old are you?" I looked around and saw a glimpse of Sergio's eyes as Rain pushed me into an empty classroom.

"18. I'm 18 love." I turned and glared at him but he just sat in an empty chair and made himself comfortable. I walked to the door and was about to open it when the door was pushed open.

I watched as Rain sat up in the chair as the twins and Romeo walked into the classroom. Salvatore glared at me like usual and walked over to me. "You don't want the old guard you get the new guard. Evelyn, meet your new bodyguard." He pointed to Rain who wiped his face with his hand and blew out a breath.

I pushed Salvatore out of the way and started walking to the door. Before I left I turned and faced the only brother I can stand right now. "Romeo I promise you I will kill Rain if he follows me." Romeo's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion and I rolled my eyes while walking out of the door.

I didn't get far out when I felt a tug on the back of my shirt. I spun around only to come face to face with Rain. "Let me go Rain. You are 18 and probably graduated. You can't even be here." Rain lowered his head and started to chuckle.

I pulled away and shook my head at this stupid man in front of me. Rain opened his eyes and looked at me for a moment before grabbing my hand and dragging me to my class.

Before we walked in he stopped and turned to face me. "Yes, I'm 18 and graduated. The school doesn't need to know that so you are stuck with me. I'm sorry Ms.Le-Evelyn." I couldn't help the small smile tug at my lips as he remembered to call me by my name and not my last name.

I sighed and walked into the classroom with Rain following behind me. I saw Lilith and tried to sit next to her but I felt another tug on my shirt as Rain pulled me to an empty seat. Lilith smiled at me but I just glared at her. "Don't glare at my sister." I turned so fast I thought I broke my neck.

I looked between Rain and Lilith and started to see the small resemblance. The only thing that didn't match was a few things like their eyes and their hair was slightly different and Rain had a bigger nose. My mental question was answered as Rain spoke. "Half sister, don't glare at my sister though." I nodded my head as I smiled back at Lilith.

Throughout the class, Rain watched me like a hawk and I felt my face burn from his gaze. I kept my head down as I started to speak into my paper. "Stop looking at me. It's making me lose focus." I glanced up to see him turning his head to the window.

I sighed and started to go back to writing my work. I started to slightly shake as the teacher told us we had to take a pop quiz and that it would be ten questions, I knew the work but I get really bad test anxiety. And also History was my favorite but the teacher hates me for some unknown reasons.

As the teacher was passing out the test she slid mine across the table and smiled sweetly at Rain. Gross! I held in the vomit in my throat as I looked down at the test.

I started to shift my legs under each other and felt as my legs get heavier as they moved up and down. "You may start, you have 10 minutes." I took a deep breath and tried to answer the questions but I lost all train of thought as I looked at the page like it would burn me.

I felt a hand on my knee and I turned to see Rain smiling softly at me. "Breath, just try your best you are smart okay?" I nodded and raised my pencil to the paper. As I wrote my answer I felt Rain's hand rub soothing circles on my knee.

As I was answering the last question the timer went off and I started to panic. Rain reached over and circled an answer right as the teacher walked over to our desk. Once again smiling at Rain she glared at me while taking my paper.

I blew out a sigh of relief as Rain bumped my shoulder. "Not so bad. Hm?" I shook my head as the bell rang.

Throughout the whole day, Rain has followed me but he got better at not standing by my side. I talked with my friends, I forgot to eat lunch but Rain said it was fine. By the time I had my last class I was practically having Rain drag me to the car.

Rain asked if I wanted a ride home but I decided to just ride with my brothers which was really awkward. When we got home I just went straight to my room and did my work.

Around five Marco came into my room and told me that dinner was done so I dragged myself to the dining room. I froze at the sight in front of me..at the people in front of me.

"Lilith? Zion?"

--(Fun fact: I want a goat so that I can do a sacrifice with it...I mean so that I can cuddle it. 😘..)--🦋😏

HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! LOVE YOU ALL AND PLEASE BE SAFE!-LOVE AUTHOR.

Word count:3366

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 835 22
I woke up like always , in pain. My ribs were aching from the beating last night and my arms had bruises all over them. My eyes teared up thinking ab...
303K 7.1K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
841K 16.4K 78
At the the tender age of three, she was framed by her twin sister for something she didn't do. No one listened to her cries and demanded that she wou...