Their safe haven

By everlove2069

After her mother's and step fathers death, Evelyn must move in with her 7 older brothers who she had no idea... More

More info...
Characters 
Chapter one🫶🏼
Chapter two🫶🏼
Chapter three🫶🏼
Chapter four🫶🏼
Chapter five🫶🏼
Chapter six🫶🏼
Chapter seven🫶🏼
Chapter eight🫶🏼
Chapter nine🫶🏼
Chapter ten🫶🏼
Chapter eleven🫶🏼
Chapter twelve🫶🏼
Chapter thirteen🫶🏼
Chapter fourteen🫶🏼
Chapter sixteen🫶🏼
Chapter seventeen🫶🏼
Chapter eighteen🫶🏼
Chapter nineteen🫶🏼
Chapter twenty🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-one🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-two🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-three🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-four🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-five🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-six🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter thirty🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-one🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-two🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-three🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-four🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-five🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-six🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter forty🫶🏼
Chapter forty-one🫶🏼
Chapter forty-two 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-three🫶🏼
Chapter forty-four🫶🏼
Chapter forty-five🫶🏼
Chapter forty-six🫶🏼
Chapter forty-seven 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter forty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter fifty🫶🏼
Chapter fifty-two🫶🏼

Chapter fifteen🫶🏼

8.9K 213 49
By everlove2069

Evelyn's pov

Beep...BEEP...BEE- I groaned as I turned on my side to turn my alarm off. I finally smacked it and slowly opened my eyes.

It was still dark outside because I wanted to be able to get ready on time. I grabbed my throbbing head in my hands and began to sit up against my headboard.

I grabbed my phone and tried to find some music to play to wake me up, I remember that one song I saw Salvatore playing and unlocked my phone to find it. I typed the name of the song and a few seconds later music began to fill my room.

I lifted my blankets and swung my feet out of my bed and onto the cold hard wood floor. I began to walk towards my closet while the soft song played throughout my room.

The soft tone and the singer's raspy voice scratched that one spot in my brain that felt just right. I began to sway back and forth on the heels of my feet while looking for an outfit.

I grabbed light blue denim jeans and a baby blue Nike sweatshirt, I want to be comfortable but also look slightly cute. I looked around for some shoes when my eyes caught the perfect match.

I picked up the baby blue Nike Air Force low tops and held them up to my top to see that the blues matched. I grabbed a pair of socks and grey underwear with a grey sports bra.

I still remember both Salvatore and Alessandro's glares and disgusted looks as they looked at what I grabbed. I rolled my eyes at the memory and walked into the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and began to get dressed while looking around the white and black bathroom. The glass shower was huge and the sink had a lot of counter space.

Once I had my clothes on I looked into the mirror and my lips pulled slightly at the sight of myself. I looked reborn and refreshed, I looked brighter and my green eyes looked a lot lighter.

My lips felt chapped so I looked around and finally found my watermelon chapstick, I put some in my lips and then slipped it into my back pocket.

I walked out of my bathroom, flicking the light off on the way out. The song on my phone had stopped playing and I looked down to check the time.

I mentally smacked myself when I saw that it was only 5:30 am! I sighed and rubbed my aching head, I have nothing to do for almost 20-30 minutes.

I swallowed my fear and made my way to my bedroom door. I slowly opened it and held the knob as I closed it quietly, something I learned over the years is to be very quiet.

I walked downstairs and went to the living room, I am hardly ever in the living room but it is very nice. It had a wide tv and a leather couch with a random dude passed out on it, there is also a cute picture of an ocean that looks to be about one hundred years old.

WAIT! I looked down to see a man around Lucas's age passed out on the couch with drool coming out of his parted lips. His curly hair covers his face but from what I can make out is that he is very tall and really muscular.

I started to panic as I looked around for any type of weapon. I heard a small but deep groan and I saw the man flip onto his side. I quickly grabbed a remote and cup and got into a fighting position.

As soon as the man opened his eyes I threw the remote at his head, he held his head and quickly sat up. Shit, wasn't prepared for that.

I held the small cup up as the man glared at me while holding his head. "What the-" Before he could speak again I threw the plastic cup at his head and it bounced off of his head and broke on the floor.

"Ow, what the fuck kid!" The man had a deep Australian accent and I almost laughed at the lump on his head. I held in my laugh once I saw him starting to get up from the couch.

I heard the front door open and I quickly ran for it, I saw Marco taking off a grey jacket and I ran over to him.

He looked down at me with wide eyes and I pointed to the living room. I was breathing so hard I could only get a few words out. "Guy...in the living..." I panted and tried to catch my breath.

Marcos's face turned serious as he bent down to my level. "Go to Lucas's room, don't look back and tell him someone is here." I held onto his arm and he had to pry my fingers off of his bicep.

"Go, it's okay." He leaned in and gave me a kiss on the forehead and let me go. I quickly turned around and ran upstairs toward Lucas's room.

I tried to remember which room was Lucas but I quickly guessed and ran towards the last door in the hallway.

Without thinking I quickly burst into the door, Luca grabbed something from under his pillow and pointed the shiny metal at me.

I looked at the gun with wide eyes and Luca quickly put it down. I pointed to the stairs and Luca gave me a confused expression.

I took a deep breath before spitting out words. "Man, living room, Marco, scary!" I was panting even though I wasn't hot, I was still unfit and I just had to run so I was a bit out of breath.

Luca got off the bed and grabbed the black gun from his pillow, I'm not scared of guns because sometimes people that live in a mansion have to protect themselves. Before he walked out of the door he turned and looked down at me.

He pointed to his bed and gave me stern eyes. "Sit on my bed and don't move." I nodded my head and began to walk over to the massive dark grey bed.

I sat down and Luca nodded once while closing the door, once he left I felt nervous and really scared. I mean shouldn't we be calling someone like I don't know...THE POLICE!

I walked over to the door and tried to open it but it was locked. I began to panic as I remember being locked in the basement.

I felt my heart in my throat as I heard footsteps coming towards the door, my instinct reaction was to curl up into a ball so that's what I did.

I walked over to a corner and pulled my knees to my head. I began to rock back and forth as all of the memories came into my head like a flash flood.

"Let's have some fun shall we?" Simon walked over to me with a belt in his hand, I looked behind him to see his friends and my mother.

My mother looked at me and then looked at Simon. "Hold her down." I began to thrash around, trying to get out of their sweaty arms.

I let out a scream as I felt Simons's steel toe boot come into contact with my ribs. One of his friends came forward and I felt the air in my throat get tight as he bent down to the side of my head.

"Ev." I shook my head and hid my head in my hands. "Evelyn, come on! We are going to be late!" I slowly opened my eyes to see Sergio looking around Lucas's room.

I took a big deep breath and got off of the floor, I quickly wiped my eyes at the same time Sergio turned around. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

I had no emotion left in me other than pain, pain in my heart and shoulder. I walked over to the door and Sergio stopped me.

He blocked the door with his body and I looked up to see his face serious. His hand came up to my cheek and gently grabbed my chin, he tipped my face up and frowned.

Before I could say or do anything he dropped my chin, letting it fall. Suddenly he wrapped his large arms around me and pulled me into his chest.

I can't lie and say I didn't let a few tears go because I definitely did. I almost sobbed when he placed his head on mine and whispered. "It's okay, nothing is ever going to hurt you. I'm here." Little does he know that I have already been hurt, I'm still being hurt by all of the memories.

I tried to pull away but he held me tighter. "No, you don't get to just pull away. I want my sister's hug so just take my love!" I chuckled at his childish voice, it sounded so weird with his deep voice. Like a baby on steroids.

He finally let me breathe after a few seconds and before I could walk away he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the stairs.

When we got downstairs I looked around and saw Marco chatting with the man I saw this morning. He had an ice pack held to his head as Marco was laughing at something he had said.

Sergio walked into the kitchen and I looked down at the floor. "Aww, you look so cute and adorable I just wanna eat you right up!" I looked up only to see Marco holding his phone like a mother at a soccer game.

He snapped a picture and I quickly covered my face with my hands. I heard him gasp over dramatically and I peeked through my fingers to see him glaring at me. "Sergio, get in the picture and keep her hands down." I looked over to see Sergio shaking his head while walking over to me.

He walked behind me and pulled my hands down and hung his hands over my shoulders. Marco got down on the floor and took like 40 pictures making me laugh.

Once Marco was finally done taking photos Sergio finally let me go and I rolled my eyes. I looked over to see the guy holding the ice pack to his head while looking down at his phone with a small smile on his face.

Marco followed my gaze and let out a chuckle. "Evelyn, meet Nick, Nick meet Evelyn, my sister." Nicks's eyes grew wide as he looked over at me. I stood there awkwardly and gave him a small wave.

He pointed at me and his mouth hung open. "Like Evelyn...Like little ev?!" Marco nodded his head and the man got out of his seat and quickly came towards me making me take a step back.

He stopped walking and crouched down a few feet away. He stuck his hand out and gave me a warm smile. "Nick, I am a friend of your brothers. We used to all play together, but you were just a baby." I looked up to see Marco nodding at the memory.

I stuck my hand out and shook his large veiny hands, I felt a cool ring on my fingers and saw that he also had the same ring as my brothers.

E.L. I pulled my hand away and scratched the back of my aching head. I walked over to Marco and stood on my tippy toes to reach his ear. "When is school?" I whispered because I didn't feel comfortable around Nick to talk yet.

Marco turned his head towards the stove clock and looked back down with a smile. "30 minutes." I felt my eyes widen as I looked over at Sergio who was talking to Nick.

I walked out of the kitchen and walked up the stairs to my room. I walked in and grabbed my already packed backpack, I also fixed my bed a bit before leaving my room.

I heard a door open and I looked down the hall to see Salvatore in pajama pants with a black tank top. His eyes looked heavy as did his shoulders, he was carrying his black backpack while looking down at his phone.

I got out of his way and I heard another door open, I looked once again down the hall to see Romeo walking out of his room. He had on black cargo pants with a baggy black hoodie. His light brown hair was a mess and he had a white backpack hanging on one of his arms.

He seemed to be having a hard time so I walked over to him with a smile. "Need some help?" He looked down at me and nodded his head.

His lips twitched upwards as I stood on my toes and fixed his over grown hair. I ran my fingers through his soft hair and then let it fall down. I relaxed my toes and smiled at my masterpiece.

"TADA!" I stuck my hands out towards him and he chuckled while grabbing my arms. He pulled me into his chest and I felt my body go stiff, but I soon relaxed into his warm embrace.

He put his head on top of mine and kissed the crown of my head. "You are quite possibly my favorite person ever, just don't tell the others." I chuckled and nodded into his chest.

He pulled away a little too soon for my liking but I didn't say anything about it. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the stairs. "You know I have never seen someone so happy about school." I shrugged my shoulders which caused pain to shoot up my shoulder but I brushed it off.

Once we got downstairs I saw the twins standing by the front door. Sergio was wearing a black hoodie with dark green baggy pants. I let go of Romeo's hand and walked over to the door.

Salvatore scuffed and looked down at me with a hint of annoyance. He glanced at Romeo and then Sergio. "Dobbiamo prenderla?" I have no clue what he said but I saw Romeo's face turn hard so it must have been something snarky.

(Translation: Do we have to take her?)

Sergio's eyes got wide once he saw Romeo's mouth open and he quickly pulled me out of the house. Before the door closed I heard a few words that confused me.

"Uomo puttana! Quante femmine hai? nessuno!" It was Romeo's voice but it sounded so odd to hear him so mad and speaking a different language.

(Translation: Man whore! How many bitches do you have? None!)

Sergio choked on air and then let out a loud laugh while pulling me towards a black sports car.

---

HEY, GUYS HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL. -LOVE THE AUTHOR.

Word count:2517

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 70.9K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
300K 6.6K 48
Brooke Amoretti hides her problems behind a snarky smile and sarcastic comments. She doesn't have the luxuries of most 16 year olds; who would when...
56.8K 1.3K 39
standalone ~ mafia siblings series "You can't make me stay here! I will get an emancipation." I yell. Flashbacks of the gun in my hand, the almost-de...
1.8M 44.2K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...