Flash's Other Daughter

By summer0candy

Caitlin left Central City when she found out Barry was planning to get back with Iris who happened to be preg... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

19

4.4K 129 3
By summer0candy

*Third Person's POV*

Several weeks have passed and as much as it is a suprise, Barry lived up to his word.

He and Iris were no longer together. Nora understood it but he hasn't mentioned his feelings towards Caitlin.

He and Cisco talked with Milton's assistant and gained someone useful information. They're using it for the plan to catch the evil speedster.

Barry also made it up to Dawn. Like Caitlin said, he bought her peonies. Not only that, he also planned a perfect evening which as Dawn remarked, was better that original. Caitlin was free to join and she did(Barry and Dawn made it impossible for her to decline).

Unusual it is but Barry felt that she started to melt slowly. As in, she wasn't so uptight around him and she was slowly turning into Caitlin that he knew.

Caitlin didn't like that, of course. But she didn't have much choice. Everything was out of her control and where Barry was, her heart followed.

Frost laughed at that but she and Cisco were flying from happiness as their ship was sailing.

It was like, Caitlin running away and somehow appearing in a same place as Barry(Cisco and Frost played their parts in that).

Dawn on the other hand bonded with Nora's uncle and her mother's friend, Wally West. She was ecstatic that there was another speedster and loved that he could do awesome tricks with his powers.

She and Nora have become impossible to separate(That part worried Caitlin because it will be hard for Dawn to leave Central City once the Speed Freak is caught).

But on the other hand, Dawn's birthday was coming and everyone was getting ready for it. She was excited and made her mother plan a big party for her.

"My dress!" Dawn squealed when she saw a beautiful golden gown that Iris was holding. Her friend made such dresses and Caitlin asked her one for Dawn.

Caitlin smiled and than her eyes glowed icy blue. "And I'm making you a tiara!" Frost voiced.

Dawn beamed. "I'll have an ice tiara!" She hugged her mom/Frost.

"I'll be leaving now, Caitlin." Iris said and stood up from her seat. "I have to pick up Nora from school."

Snow smiled and hugged the woman, also thanking her. "I'll see you on the party tomorrow."

"Of course!" Iris grinned. "Bye Dawn, bye Caitlin!" She waved her hand and exited the Snow house.

As Ms West left, Caitlin checked on the cake in the fridge for what seemed like thousands of times while Dawn chatted with Harriet on the phone.

The night fell and Dawn climbed up on a bed next to her mother. Caitlin was checking on the list of things she did and had to do for her daughter's birthday party. With the help of Team Flash, she had an amazing plan for tomorrow.

"Mommy? A story, please?" She asked with her cute puppy eyes. Her mother placed her paper and and pen on the drawer and took the book that Dawn was holding. She flipped the pages and stopped on her favourite fairytale.

"Once upon a time..."

"Mommy! It's my birthday!" Dawn yelled in the morning, causing her mother to jump out of her bed swiftly.

"Dear!" She yelped. Her features calmed and glanced as she glanced at her daughter. She smiled and pulled her in an embrace. "Happy birthday, Dawn!"

"I'm nine!" She grinned. "Oh, I can't wait till my party!"

Caitlin smiled warmly at the sight of her nine year old girl jumping on her bed from excitement. Caitlin swooped her in her arms and walked her in the bathroom.

"First, brush you teeth!" She instructed. Dawn nodded in glee and closed the door. Her mom on the other hand went in the kitchen and started making a breakfast. Minutes later Dawn walked in the kitchen while Caitlin went in the bathroom.

"Pancakes!" Dawn grinned and sat down on the high chair.

The afternoon came and Caitlin awed at her and Cisco's work on decorations. It was exactly the way Dawn wanted she imagined in her mind. Guests would be arriving in the evening.

"Do you have my gift safely hidden?" She whispered to Cisco who was eating a lollipop. He turned to her and nodded with a goofy grin.

"You can get my something like that on my birthday." He said. Caitlin rolled her eyes and jokingly told him she will.

"I can't wait to wear this dress!" Dawn squealed from her room. Once again, she was staring at the dress hanging in front of her.

"Tenth time today." She murmured to Cisco who chuckled. "Gipsy's coming, right?"

"Yeah," Cisco nodded. "She said she wouldn't miss it." Cailtin smiled. "She will love my gift! But I think yours much better." He halfly frowned.

"Yes, yes." She shook her head. "I still can't believe I got her that!"

"Got me what?" Dawn popped out of nowhere. "Actually, don't say it! I don't want to get spoiled!" She clasped her hands. "Ooh, I can't wait till my party!" She hummed while walking back in her room. Caitlin and Cisco shared looks and then burst into laughter.

Evening came by soon and the house started filling up with the guests. Cisco, Barry, Iris, Nora, Joe, Cecile, Jenna, Wally, Carla, Ralph, Gipsy, Felicity, Mia, Harriet, her mother and Dawn's other friends from National City were all here. Dawn stared at the corner of the room where all the gifts were and her eyes sparkled. She spun around in her golden dress and then touched the tip of her icy tiara. She looked like a princess, she felt like princess.

"You look beautiful." Familiar voice was heard behind her. She turned and saw Barry leaning on the door. Dawn grinned and ran up to him. "Barry!"

There was something special about him. She felt it. She wanted to ask him thousands of questions but she was forbidden to ask about speed. She has hidden her powers for so long that she almost forgot she was a meta-human. Liker her mom, Barry, Nora, Cisco, Ralph, Gipsy, Wally and Cecile. She had powers, super speed. She was a speedster. Her lightning was blue and yellow. Nora had purple and yellow. Barry said it was because he had yellow lightning and Iris had purple. Dawn saw that her mom had blue lightning, maybe her dad had yellow lightning?

Barry and Wally seemed to know other speedsters, maybe they knew her father too?!

Her mom wasn't a speedster, so her dad would definetly be one. She was sure of it.

"Time for gifts!" Nora yelled. She stood next to Dawn and was holding a box wrapped in pink paper where disney princesses were drawn. Little Snow grinned and took the box. She tore the paper and took out a drawing by Nora where whole Team Flash was drawn, a picture of her and Nora in flowery frame and a peach colored hamster toy. Dawn squealed and hugged her best friend. "Thank you!"

"She can be friends with my hamster!" Nora grinned while showing her toy. "What are you naming her?"

"Nory! After you!" She smiled brightly. Nora beamed and hugged Dawn again. "Oh and this balloon!" She gave her a pink balloon with pink ribbon. "They didn't have peach colored." The two girls burst into giggles.

Then was Iris' present. She bought Dawn peony bouquet and a short-sleeved, peach colored shirt where 'Team Flash' was written with white letters. For others who didn't know Barry's secret, they just said that Dawn was big fan of the Flash. Iris whispered to Dawn and Caitlin that the shirt was Nora's idea to tell Dawn that she was an official member of the team. She also got her a butterfly necklace.

Ralph got her Merida and Elongated man's dolls. Gipsy brought a small astronaut costume from her earth. Dawn almost fainted on that one. Cisco had tickets for Disneyland where he whispered that he would breach her the next day, he also gor her Frost, Vibe, Supergirl and Green Arrow dolls.

Barry on the other hand, got her a beautiful lightning bracelet and a new storybook which was decorated by all different kids of flowers. Dawn instantly fell in love with it. She hugged Barry from happiness and felt another ting of lightning run through her veins. She shrieked from sudden thing but then shrugged her arms and continued to open other gifts. She didn't want to worry her mom about such a thing.

Her grandmother got her so many gifts that she couldn't open all of them in one day.

Time came for her mother's gift. She slid a big box in front of her and Dawn kneeled down to open it. "It's heavy!" She remarked while openning it with interest. Then a sudden squealling, jumping and shouting filled the room. "MOM, IT'S A PUPPY!" She yelled while hugging her mother. Dawn was filled with an instant happiness and Caitlin immediately knew that it was worth it. In the box, there was a pomeranian puppy that Dawn was hugging right now.

"Woah!" Barry marveled while patter the dog's head. "What are you naming her, Dawn?"

Dawn pondered ony for few seconds and exclaimed, "Sunshine!" She hugged the dog even harder.

Cisco kneeled down and gave her another box where few clothes for the puppy was. Dawn thanked him in high-pitched voice and dressed the puppy with Nora's and Barry's help.

An half and hour passed since the gift openning. Caitin was sitting on the high chair in front of her bar and drank a punch while watching her daughter train her puppy with her friends.

"Tired already?" Iris asked and sat down next to her, also holding punch in her hand. Caitlin smiled and shook her head in denial.

Iris smiled back which later got tranformed into a carefull look. She glanced at Caitlin and asked. "Hey, um... Isn't Dawn's father coming?"

Caitlin almost spilled her punch but then straightened and looked back at Iris. She has answered such questions for thousands of times. She could do it now again. "No, I haven't seen him after we parted out ways long ago." This was half truth.

Iris nodded but then asked again. "Do you plan to tell him about Dawn?"

Caitlin sighed and placed her glass on the table. "I'm not sure about it."

This time, Iris didn't ask anything anymore. She heard enough to prove her suspicouns about Barry being Dawn's father.

Rest of the evening went by. Dawn was so pleased from her party that she kept rambling about it for hours till she fell asleep next to her puppy. Caitlin smiled and layed the puppy on her bed. She glanced at her daughter once again and walked in her own room. Today tired her out and she really needed sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.6K 75
This is a snowbarry plot. The story is based on the last season(however Barry never vanished in the future. So he raises his children). Nora isn't th...
48K 1.1K 48
This story is set after season 3 of The Flash. However, Savitar wasn't taken by the paradox. He lives with the help of Team Flash. A journey to his r...
44.7K 1.5K 51
Team Flash is still recovering from the emotional and physical aftershock of the black hole that tore apart their team and Central City. Little do th...
9.5K 196 20
Honestly I was disappointed after watching series finale of the flash. All the villain speedsters getting knocked out in one hit 🙄😶. The finale was...