Running Up That Hill Δ SPN [2]

Av maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 9-11 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stro... Mer

cast
001. FALLEN ANGEL
002. KEVIN FREAKING SOLO
003. SEARCH FOR CAS
004. WIZARD OF OZ
005. DOG DEAN
006. VIRGIN BLOOD
007. NOT EZEKIEL
008. YOUR FAULT
009. ANGEL GRACE
010. GARTH'S A WEREWOLF
011. POWDERED DONUT
012. KEVIN THE FRIENDLY GHOST
013. THINMAN
014. FIRST BLADE
015. ALEX/ANNIE
016. CAS' ANGEL ARMY
017. WAKE UP
018. KIDNAPPED
019. DEMON DEAN
020. FINISH THIS GAME
021. A LITTLE R&R
022. FAN FICTION
023. DATING APP
024. POLICE RETREAT
025. THE NOVAKS
026. THREE FEET
027. DARK CHARLIE
028. SAM'S FOUR CHILDREN
029. WI-FI GHOST
030. DEAN VS. CAIN
031. KHAN WORM 2.0
032. MIND READER
033. BOOK OF THE DAMNED
034. WERTHER HALLUCINATIONS
035. CHILDHOOD TRAUMA
036. CHARLIE
037. GET RID OF THE MARK
038. THE DARKNESS
039. BABYSITTING
040. DAY IN BED
041. BABY
042. SAM'S SERIAL KILLER OBSESSION
044. IMAGINARY FRIEND
045. MEETING WITH LUCIFER
046. STUCK IN A CAGE
047. FULL HOUSE OF TEENS
048. LITTLE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
049. DEVIL IN DISGUISE
050. WRESTLING MATCH
051. TWO LIVES ON THE LINE
052. FIRST DATE AND MEETING GOD
053. THE BIG PLAN
054. SOUL BOMB
Book Three

043. COSTUME KILLERS

504 24 5
Av maybankwalker

Donna had called Dean and called about a possible case and the five get to the police station.

"Sheriff. Hey." Dean whispers, getting her attention.

"Oh! You all are a sight for sore eyes!" Donna exclaims, hugging the brothers before hugging the girls. "I don't know you." She tells Nathan.

"Oh, uh, I'm Nathan. I'm, uh... I'm her friend." He points at Ophelia.

"Oh. Just friend?" Donna asks.

"Yes." The two teenagers answer. Donna eyes their close proximity, not fully believing them.

"Okay-doke." Donna shrugs.

"What, are you working all 10,000 lakes now? This isn't usually your beat." Dean says.

"Just Larsen County, what with the cutbacks and all. For the most part, it's been tater tots and lemon drops, except for this doozy. I mean, when you get a call about a killer Easter Bunny, you don't know what to think." Donna says.

"Well, you think crazy." Dean says.

"Guy's real strong, too. Lashed out at several officers. Took a whole team just to get him into custody. But that's not the weirdest part -- bunny head won't come off." Donna states.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks.

"I think she means it won't come off." Libby remarks. Both Ophelia and Nathan snort at her comment.

"Tried everything short of a chainsaw, but it's really stuck. I mean, who knows? Could be nothing. Guy could just have a big melon like my Uncle Wally. But ever since I've seen what goes bump in the night... I'm not taking any chances." Donna says.

"You did the right thing, for sure." Sam tells her.

"Maybe. I'm just still not 100% sure this is our kind of case. but if, uh, you got a wild hare... see what I did there?" Dean smiles. He looks at Ophelia who disappointedly shakes her head.

"Who you got there, sheriff?" A police officer walks in.

"Gentlemen, kids, this is Officer Stover. He's lead on the case." Donna introduces.

"Agents Elliott and Savage." Sam says.

"They're shadowing us for a school project." Dean lies, motioning to the kids.

"Huh. Nice to meet ya. And please, call me Doug." The cop says.

"These two fine fellas will be helping out with the old hippity hop." Donna says.

"Oh. We're gonna need it. And not that Sheriff Hanscum isn't doing a bang-up job. We're lucky to have her." Doug says. The group stand in awkward silence for a few moments. "Well, I better get back to it."

"Uh-huh." Dean says as Doug leaves.

"What?" Donna asks, noticing the others' looks.

"Hey, it's none of our business, but it looks like somebody might have a crush." Dean says.

"Yeah, it's like Nathan around Ophi sometimes. He gets nervous and rambles or accident--" Libby's cut off as Nathan covers her mouth.

"Kids." Nathan awkwardly chuckles, lightly patting Libby's head. He ignores the heated feeling in his cheeks. Ophelia looks straight ahead, not missing the small smirk on Donna's face. Ophelia tries to look anywhere else, but catches Sam's eye, the man smirking.

"Shut up." She mumbles, punching his side. Ophelia tries to subtlety cover her red cheeks.

"I was born at night, Dean. Not last night." Donna says.

"What's the deal? He seems nice." Sam says.

Libby licks Nathan's palm making him jerk his hand away.

"Dude!" Nathan harshly whispers. He wipes his hand on her jacket. Libby grins and Nathan glares at her, both for that and her earlier comment.

"He is! But he's a cop... named Doug. I mean, clearly, I have a type, but no, thank you, ma'am. Won't be once bitten, twice Doug'd." Donna says.

"Oh, yeah, I remember that douchebag. Freakin' douchebag." Ophelia mumbles the last part.

"All right, where's the wascally wabbit?" Dean asks.

~ ~ ~

Donna leads them to the cell and the man with the bunny head is sitting on the cot in the cell.

"Any witnesses?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, vic's wife -- Frank Hinkle. Poor thing thought she was next, but the bunny just up and walked out the door." Donna says.

"You I.D. him yet?" Dean asks.

"Nope. No wallet. No cell. Ran his prints, but no prior record. Couldn't even get our hands on him long enough to check for any identifying marks. Only thing we do know -- he's Caucasian, roughly 18 to 25... and terrifying." Donna states.

There's a knock on the door that leads into the hall they're in and Doug steps in.

"Clive's on the line. Said it's an emergency." Doug informs Donna.

"Just shoot a hoot if you need me." Donna says, her and Doug leaving.

"What's up, Doc? Be easier all around if you just talk to us." Dean says. He walks closer to the cage.

"Careful." Sam warns.

"Yeah." Dean mumbles. "So what happened, pal? Hmm? What, you dropped too much molly? Super glue your mask to your head, get paranoid, stab a guy? I've been there." Dean says.

"Let me guess, Rog. You were framed!" Sam says in a voice. Dean turns and gives him a look. Libby disappointedly shakes her head. "What?" Sam asks. His eyes widen. "Dean!"

They all look to see the guy stood up and grabs Dean by his jacket, pulling him against the cell. Dean tries to pry himself out of his grip as the guy gets him in a chokehold. Sam grabs his flask and splashes holy water on the guy.

"It's not a demon." Sam says.

"He is strong." Dean says, the two brothers trying to get the bunny dude off. Ophelia tilts her head forward, the bunny guy flying back into the wall, landing on the bed.

Dean breathes heavily.

"You couldn't have done that a few moments earlier?!" Dean asks.

"Well, Uncle Sam was testing it for a demon." Ophelia shrugs making Dean roll his eyes.

"I say a tattoo. Said "Kylie Forever."" Sam states.

"See? If I didn't a few moments earlier, he wouldn't have seen that." Ophelia says and Dean gives her a bitch face.

+++

It's nighttime and the Winchesters, Nathan, and Donna are in the woods and the bunny head is on the ground. Sam pours gasoline and salt over it.

"You okay?" Dean asks the sheriff.

"No, not really. A 19 year old kid is dead." Donna says.

"That's not on you or Doug. He was just doing his job." Sam says.

"I know, but... that kid was innocent. I mean, if the mask was cursed, then he was just a puppet, right? He was a victim, too." Donna says. Sam hands Donna the matches which she lights up.

"No one else dies. Not like this." Sam says.

Donna tosses the matches onto the bunny head, the group watching it burn.

+++

There was another victim and the adults went to the crime scene earlier. Now, they're in the holding cells and Dean has the EMF reader as they stand in front of the Jester mask dude's cell.

"Hmm. Well... ain't a cursed object. Ghost possession." Dean says.

"Oh, for jeez. Ghosts can possess people?" Donna asks.

"Yeah. So, uh, Ghosts 101 -- somebody's spirit can attach itself to an object or a bunch of objects left behind. In this case, masks." Sam says.

"Right, so whoever possesses the object..." Dean says.

"Gets possessed." Ophelia states. "Fun, right?" She sarcastically smiles.

"But if we can't get the mask, how the heck do ya unpossess someone?" Donna asks.

"Everything has a weakness, even ghosts." Sam says.

"They hate iron and salt. So all we gotta do is spook the spook with a little salt and, uh, maybe we could pry it off." Dean says.

Donna pulls out a salt shaker from her fanny pack.

"My diet secret. One bite of dessert and then I dump salt on it. Kills the craving." Donna says.

"And that works?" Dean asks.

"You betcha. On everything except... salted caramel." Donna says.

"Well, that's cute. But I was thinking a little bit more like this." Dean pulls out a shotgun.

"You said no one else was dying." Donna says.

"Salt pellets." Dean informs. He shoots the gun and they see the ghost leave the body, the Jester mask coming off to reveal a teenage girl.

"What's going on?" She asks.

~ ~ ~

The girl is sitting in a chair at Donna's desk and is handcuffed to it. The others are standing a bit away and talking.

"Poor thing doesn't deserve to be locked up." Donna says.

"So let her go. No one saw her face, right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, he was a drifter, overpowered you, escaped." Den says.

"Well, there's some female empowerment for ya." Donna says and they walk over to the girl. "Don't worry, hon. Just gonna ask you a few questions, then you're free to go."

"I am?" The girl asks.

"Scout's honor." Donna says.

"You remember attacking Coach Evans?" Dean asks.

"No, I swear. I went to pick up the new mascot costume, went to try it on, and the next thing I know... I'm in jail." The girl says.

"Did you even know him?" Sam asks.

"He was my P.E. coach last semester. I mean, he was kind of a hardass, but... that doesn't mean that I wanted him dead." The girl says.

"Michelle, where did you get the costume? Was it a thrift store?" Dean asks.

"No, someone donated it to the school." Michelle informs.

"Do you know who?" Dean asks.

+++

They talked to Rita, who donated the costumes, and now are back by their cars.

"I remember Chester's suicide. Real sad. So now that we know he's the ghost, how do we stop him?" Donna asks.

"Well, usually you gotta burn their bones, but he was cremated." Dean says.

"So we're up poop's creek without a paddle?" Donna asks.

"Ew." Libby mutters.

"Mm. Not exactly. I mean, looks like he's tied to the costumes, which means the only way to stop him is to burn them." Sam says.

"Then we're already ahead of the game. I had Doug go to the high school and collect the costumes." Donna states.

"Great. Here is a list of the rest." Sam hands her a piece of paper. "Think you and Doug can round 'em up?"

"Yeah. You betcha." Donna nods.

"Now we just gotta figure out what Chester's beef was with the vics. Ghosts come back for something personal. Usually, it's revenge." Dean says.

"All right, drop me off at the hospital. I'll check on the coach." Sam says.

"I'll see if I can find Stan's widow. Let's go." Dean says, the two getting in the car.

+++

It's nighttime and a dude stuck in a clown costume ended up killing the coach before Sam could get there. Sam had to fight the clown, getting the ghost out of the man's body. Dean talked to Stan's widow and explained how the two now dead men had accused Chester of going too far with their children.

Sam and the kids follow Rita into her house, Dean already inside with Max.

"I don't appreciate you talking to my son when I am not home." Rita states.

"Hey, we were just trading some card tricks, that's all." Dean says.

"What are you even doing here? I told you everything I know." Rita states. Dean sends a pointed look in Max's direction. "Okay, honey, go to your room." Max walks out.

"Look, we know that the coach and Stan confronted you about Chester." Sam says.

"That is none of your damn business. It has nothing to do with any of this." Rita states.

"Those men were murdered. And whether or not you believe it, your brother is connected." Sam states.

"How? Chester is dead. Killed himself." Rita states.

"You sure about that?" Dean asks.

"Look, we need to know the truth. People's lives are at stake here." Sam says.

"Yeah. Maybe yours. Maybe Max's." Dean says, knowing that'll get her to talk.

"Okay. Okay." Rita relents. "A couple of months ago, Stan and the coach came by. They said that Chester was with their kids, did something... inappropriate. I got defensive. I mean... Chester was sweet, like a dad to Max. So I told them to get lost. If they had a problem with Chester, they could go to the cops."

"But they didn't." Sam says.

"They didn't have any evidence. But then, I started to have my doubts. I mean, as much as I wanted to defend my brother... what they said really... got under my skin. Chester was always a little... off. Only got along with kids. That's why he became a party performer. I spent my whole life sticking up for my brother. But what if I couldn't see him for who he really was? And he and Max were so close. I mean... what if he was hurting him, and I didn't know? Chester was my brother, but... Max is my son."

"So you wanted to protect him?" Sam asks.

"How could I look the other way? I had to suck it up and face my biggest fear. If not me, then who? But I should've talked to him. I just should've gone to him first. Instead... I called Stan back. And he said that they would take care of it. So one day when Chester was working, I told them where he was. They promised me that they weren't gonna hurt Chester. They were just gonna scare him a little bit. And I thought, you know, maybe a good scare... maybe that's all he needed."

"They didn't mean to kill him. They--they said... that it was an accident. But I wasn't there, so I didn't know what to believe. And I wanted to go to the cops and explain what happened, but Stan said that we'd all go to jail. And I couldn't do that to Max. He already lost his father and his uncle. And he... he couldn't lose me, too. So I... didn't say anything. Fear cripples you. It makes you do nothing. Or worse... it makes you do something that you regret. I should've trusted my brother."

Sam's phone rings and he answers it.

"Hi. How's it going?" He asks Donna.

"Tracked down every last costume." Donna states.

"You didn't happen to see a-a deer head by chance, did you?" Sam asks.

"Deer head?" Donna asks.

"Oh, my God." Rita looks behind them in horror. They turn to see Max with a deer head on.

"That wasn't on the list." Donna states.

Max hits Dean, knocking him into a table, and he falls to the floor. Max starts to approach Rita. Sam puts his phone down, rushing to him with a small iron rod.

"Max? Max? Max?" Rita calls.

Max knocks Sam back before he can touch the iron, the hunter crashing into the china cabinet.

Max wraps his hands around Rita's throat as she protests. Ophelia grabs the iron rod off the floor and lifts Max's shirt up, pressing it to his back. The ghost falls out and Max falls to the floor, the deer head coming off.

"Max?" Rita kneels next to her son as he wakes up.

"Mom, what's happening?" He asks.

Dean gets up and grabs the deer head.

"Hey! Burn it now! All of you!" Dean orders, Sam and the kids rushing outside. They get to the Impala and put the deer head on the ground.

Sam unlocks the trunk and takes out a gallon of gasoline.

"Dad!" Libby yells, seeing Chester behind him. Chester grabs Sam, knocking him against the Impala and knocking him out, Libby rushing to him.

Ophelia tries to fight him, but Chester slams her body onto the ground, a hand tightly wrapped around her throat.

Nathan spots a crow bar in the trunk and grabs it. He runs up and swings the crow bar at Chester, the ghost disappearing.

Ophelia coughs as she gets air into her lungs.

"You okay?" Nathan asks, dropping the crow bar and helping her up.

"Yeah. Yeah, perfect." Ophelia pants. She grabs the can of gasoline and pours it over the deer mask.

"Libby? Libs? Get the matches out of his pocket." Ophelia orders. Libby digs around in Sam's jacket pockets until she finds them, holding them out and Nathan takes them.

Nathan lights the matches, tossing them onto the deer head, it setting on fire.

Libby turns back to her father when she hears a groan.

"You're awake." She smiles.

"Yeah." Sam mumbles, grunting as he sits up. He notices the burning deer head. "Oh... you guys did it. Sweet."

Nathan and Ophelia high five.

+++

Donna and Doug are there, everybody now in the house.

"All right, I think it's, uh, time we gotta get out of here." Sam says.

"Here's hoping something less murderous brings you back to Minnesota. Like Prince or cheese curd fest." Donna says.

"You had me at "curd."" Dean says.

"I-I don't know how you guys do this, day in, day out. Figuring out who's possessed, who isn't. Your life's one big poop storm, isn't it?" Donna asks.

"Spoken like a true hunter." Dean says.

"Really? Hunter?" Donna excitedly asks.

"Oh, yeah. I mean, with three cases under your belt, I think you earned." Sam says.

"Yay!" Donna cheers, hugging the brothers. She hugs the kids next.

"Thank you. Bye." Donna tells them.

"Bye." Dean says, the others bidding goodbye and waving.

+++

"I keep praying to God because if it is God -- and I know you think it isn't, but if it is -- then he's showing me something I don't know what to do with." Sam says as Dean drives the Impala.

"What?" Dean asks.

"The cage." Sam states.

"Lucifer's cage?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. What if he's telling me I have to go back? What if he's saying that's where the answer is to beating the darkness?"

"Sam, no. No, okay. I don't know if these visions are coming from God or PBS or what. But we've been down that road. Anything having to do with that cage is-- it-- it's suicide. And you of all people know that. So, no. Just... not gonna happen."

"Okay."

"Okay."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

7.9K 429 36
[ supernatural -- seasons 11-15 ] Miranda Winchester (Carpenter) Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own...
31.3K 1.4K 100
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Second Crossover Series: Someone to You Not Strong Enough I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or...
27.5K 1K 71
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
13.4K 684 101
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Second Crossover Series: Someone to You Not Strong Enough I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or...