Their safe haven

Galing kay everlove2069

After her mother's and step fathers death, Evelyn must move in with her 7 older brothers who she had no idea... Higit pa

More info...
Characters 
Chapter two🫶🏼
Chapter three🫶🏼
Chapter four🫶🏼
Chapter five🫶🏼
Chapter six🫶🏼
Chapter seven🫶🏼
Chapter eight🫶🏼
Chapter nine🫶🏼
Chapter ten🫶🏼
Chapter eleven🫶🏼
Chapter twelve🫶🏼
Chapter thirteen🫶🏼
Chapter fourteen🫶🏼
Chapter fifteen🫶🏼
Chapter sixteen🫶🏼
Chapter seventeen🫶🏼
Chapter eighteen🫶🏼
Chapter nineteen🫶🏼
Chapter twenty🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-one🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-two🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-three🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-four🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-five🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-six🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter twenty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter thirty🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-one🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-two🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-three🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-four🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-five🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-six🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-seven🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter thirty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter forty🫶🏼
Chapter forty-one🫶🏼
Chapter forty-two 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-three🫶🏼
Chapter forty-four🫶🏼
Chapter forty-five🫶🏼
Chapter forty-six🫶🏼
Chapter forty-seven 🫶🏼
Chapter forty-eight🫶🏼
Chapter forty-nine🫶🏼
Chapter fifty🫶🏼
Chapter fifty-two🫶🏼

Chapter one🫶🏼

19K 325 157
Galing kay everlove2069

Evelyn's pov

I opened my eyes to the sound of glass breaking. I looked over at my boarded-up window and instantly shot up off my spot on the floor once I saw a bit of sunlight peak out of the plywood. I scrambled to my feet as I heard footsteps coming towards the door.

I tried to hide in the corner but there was nowhere to hide, I looked around and only saw the small blanket resting on the now-empty floor. I started to hyperventilate at the thought of getting beat again.

Suddenly my door slammed open and my mom walked into the room with a scowl on her pale face. I have never seen her sober but one time I stole a photo from her room, she use to be so gorgeous. Now she has little to no hair and track marks up and down her skinny arms.

I crawled into a ball in the corner of the cold cement room. I slid down the wall and felt the coolness of the wall on my spine making me shiver. I looked up to see my mother walking towards me with something behind her back.

She finally reached me and crouched down in front of my shivering figure. "You make me sick to my stomach. No one will ever love you." She wrapped her long scrawny hands around my neck and began to choke me.

I scratched her hands but she only held on tighter. "You will never find love, no one will take care of you! Me and Simon, we take care of you but yet you can't even get up on time!" She threw my head back making it hit the wall behind me.

My vision got blurry and I could barely open my eyes but I fought to keep them open. I watched through my blurry eyes to see her pulling out a whip.

Oh no...not again.

She pulled her phone out and called Simon making me shiver in fear. A few minutes later the slab of wood, also known as my 'door' slammed open showing a very drunk Simon. A drunk Simon never means anything good to me.

Simon walked over to me and I tried to get away but he grabbed my leg making me face plant the floor. "Not so fast.." he slurred his words as he dragged me back to where my mother stood with a cigarette in her pale hand.

I was gripping so hard onto the concrete floor that my nails started to rip off making blood spill all over the dark cement floors. I was grabbed roughly by the back of my head making me wince in pain.

My mother looked down at me and sickly smiled at me with her yellow crooked teeth. "Time to learn a lesson." With that, she threw me to Simon who grabbed my arms and tied them in front of me.

I tried to pull my hands away but Simon slapped me across the face making me fall to the floor. "Stop moving you ugly slut!" He yelled while I winced at the pain that ran through my face.

I learned that it's usually better to just be quiet, unseen, do as I am told, and never talk unless I get talked to first. I also realized that I could never judge anyone because I have no clue what they have been through.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I felt the rough leather crash down on my bare back. I bite my tongue so hard that I tasted the familiar metallic flavor in my mouth.

They continued to take turns until they suddenly got bored of that 'activity' and stepped back for a few seconds. I let my body fall limp onto the ground not having any more energy left in my body.

Simon started to kick my stomach, knocking the precious oxygen out of my lungs. My ribs started to burn as he continued to kick harder and harder.

I felt my fragile bones break under his steel-toe boots. My mom grabbed his hand and pulled him away. "We still need her to be able to somewhat walk." She looked down at me and spit in my face making me wince in pain.

They both left after untying me and I was left there, alone and shaking as crimson red blood flowed out of my back and mouth. I covered my face and let out the loudest scream that I could.

My ribs contracted as I took a deep breath making me let out a lung-ripping scream of pain. I finally pulled my face out of my hands and crawled to the only outfit I have that rested in the corner of the room.

I pulled the black baggy shirt over my head and slowly put my aching arms into the holes. The shirt rested on my back making it slightly burn the fresh cuts.

I took my other grey shirt which had cuts and blood stains all over it and slowly wiped my back. Once it was mostly dry I stood up and grabbed my pants.

Once my pants were on I looked down to see the same outfit I wear every day. Black baggy shirt and baggy black pants that fall off from time to time. I sighed and felt my broken ribs through my shirt and cringed at the abnormal rigged bumps through my shirt.

I took a deep breath and slowly walked out of my room. My room was all the way down in the basement so I had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the actual house.

I cringed in pain with every step I took. Once I got to the white door that had old cuts running up and down it making it look a dirty brown. I slowly opened it and walked into the quiet house.

It is filthy in here, bottles, joints, cigarettes...every type of drug I could think of was spread out on an old coffee table that had a glass cup with mold around it.

I made my way to the kitchen and started to clean and cook. I grabbed the bacon and eggs and started cooking them as I heard heavy footsteps stumble down the hallway.

My mom walked into the kitchen and gave me a dirty look. "Hurry the fuck up!" She shouted and I quickly turned the heat up on the stove in hopes to make it cook faster.

I felt a cold hand tug my hair back making some bacon grease splash on my skin. I groaned in pain as my mother looked me in the face. "Answer me." I gulped and quickly looked down.

"I'm sorry ma'am...the food will be ready in one minute." My mother and Simon make me call them 'sir' and 'ma'am' to show respect.

She seemed angry at my answer and slapped me across the face. "I want my food on a fucking plate in ten seconds and then I want you gone. Do you understand me?" I nodded my head and she walked away.

I quickly made her plate and turned the stove off. I grabbed the hot oil and dumped the grease into the trash can before placing it in the sink. I placed the food on the counter and quickly ran out of the door while grabbing my bag.

The walk to school was hell. I had to take many stops and that made many people stare at me. I saw my school come into view and I sighed in relief.

School is my only escape, my escape from the world. I was good in computer class and I was moved up to advanced coding even though I'm only a sophomore.

Taking one last deep breath I walked into the school with my head down. Many people don't like me, they think I'm weird or a druggie since I always smell like cigarettes and weed.

I walked to my locker and saw Maddy, the popular cheerleader standing by my locker surrounded by a bunch of her friends. I kept my head down and just wanted to get my things and go.

"Hey, weirdo...I didn't know you were famous as well." I glanced up in confusion, I have never been popular. She giggled and showed me a picture.

The picture was of me talking to my math teacher, it showed my very skinny body and at the time I had a busted lip. I felt my chest squeeze as I saw that it was posted online.

She put her hand on my back making me still completely. "You are fucking weird, remember that." I nodded and she pushed my head forward before walking away to her friends.

I walked to my coding class after grabbing my textbook from my locker. I got to the classroom and opened the big steel door that seemed heavier each day that passed. As I was waking in I saw my favorite teacher passing out papers. "Good morning Mr.Diaz." I greeted him with a small smile to which he returned.

"Good morning Ms.Leone. Please have a seat." I nodded and took a seat in the way back. One by one all the Seniors walked into the classroom making me feel like a little kid sitting next to adults.

While Mr.Diaz was teaching I listened and took down notes. Everything seems really easy and he told us to take out our computers. He smiled and walked up to my desk. "Knock them out of the water kiddo." I smiled and he chuckled while walking back to his desk.

He told us where to go and when I got to the website I saw that it was like a fake mafia-type game. "Okay, you have 10 minutes to bust the code! The first one to get it in under ten minutes will win a sticker." Everyone groaned as I smiled.

I loved stickers, they are so cute and fun plus you can put them literally anywhere and get away with it. Whenever I get stickers I try to place them on random places like street signs and people's mailboxes just to make their days better.

Once Mr.Diaz set the timer he gave us the okay and everyone started quickly trying to figure out the code. I looked at it for a few seconds before understanding it quickly. Y=23x change the keys over a bit....and...done!

I raised my head and saw that everyone else was still typing. Mr.Diaz smiled at me and walked up to my desk with his hands behind his back. "Was it hard?" I shook my head and he smiled.

I watched as he pulled a box of stickers from behind his back. I grabbed one that was Homer Simpson holding a skateboard and smiled to myself. "I'm very proud of you kiddo. You got some real skill." I smiled and he returned it.

He is the only male that I have ever felt..okay around, he was around the age of 40 and he has black hair and he is very muscular, he stood tall at around 6'0 and he always wears glasses that often slid down his slightly large nose.

Once class was over I walked out of the room and into the hallway. My next class was math and I was dreading it...math was my worst enemy, it was like the numbers come out of the book and bite me.

I grabbed my math book from my locker and walked to my class. I walked in and saw that we had a very young-looking sub. She was short and looked around the age of 20, with light brown eyes and plump lips that were filled in by matte red lipstick.

I mentally cheered that I wouldn't be having to do work today. Once everyone was seated the sub stood up and cleared her throat, gathering everyone's attention.

"Hello my name is Ms.Smith, but you may call me Val for short. Mr.Blake is out today so it's just a chill day. Do whatever as long as you are not screaming and running around. If you have any questions just ask." Everyone shrugged and turned to their friends as she sat down at the desk.

I watched her as she sipped on her iced coffee, she had long blonde hair and she wore a black shirt that went to her mid-calf with a white button-up shirt. She looked up and smiled and I quickly looked away in embarrassment. She had perfect teeth and her eyes pulled up slightly making me nervous.

I have always had a small thing for women but I never tried anything with anyone because I'm scared they will hurt me, and also I know no one will ever want me.

After school I walked home and tried to drag my feet the best I could, I wish school lasted longer sometimes. Many cars passed and I silently wished that I was in there with those random strangers.

I froze when I saw my house come into view, there is a cop car parked in the driveway and two men in uniforms knocking on the door.

I slowly walked to the door making them turn around and look down at me. I put on a fake smile but they only gave me a sympathetic glance.

"Are you Evelyn Leone?" I nodded my head and one of the cops sighed and bent down, making me slightly flinch. "We are sorry to inform you...but your parents died in an accident today." I felt my throat close at their words.

My mom..? What does this mean for me? Am I just going to be thrown into a foster home where the people there could be worse than my mom? My mom never liked me but she was still my mother.

I felt a tap on my shoulder making me jump in fright and slight pain, Simon was mad at me a few days ago and he dislocated my shoulder. I looked up to see one of the officers glaring at my shoulder and the other one smiling softly at me.

Both of them were very intimidating, standing about 6'2 with muscular bodies, the one not glaring had light blue eyes blonde hair and tan skin. The other cop, the glaring one had dark hair dark green eyes, and dark brown skin.

The glaring cop bent down to my level so that I was face-to-face with him. "Listen, we won't hurt you. Is there anything in that house that you absolutely need or want?" I shook my head before responding. "no sir." Both cops looked taken aback by what I said but luckily didn't question it.

"Okay well this is Wes and I'm Seth. We have to take you down to the station to see if you have any family...can you do that for us?" I nodded while trying to remember that the glaring cop's name is Seth and the other one is named Wes.

They led me to their cop car and I slowly got into the back seat. I got nervous as I saw that there were bars dividing half of the car. I wonder if all cars look like this.

I have never been in a car, my mom always said that I didn't deserve the 'luxury' of it but I don't see any luxury, I didn't want to be rude but it truly didn't look nice at all.

While Seth was driving the car was coated in an awkward silence that no one dared to break. The car stopped at a small building that had 'Utah police station' in blue letters. The cops got out and Wes opened my door.

I got out and immediately looked down at the ground, I don't want to anger them when they just met me. Seth kept looking at me with an emotion that I couldn't understand. I guess Wes noticed my discomfort because he lightly shoved Seth making him shake his head and look away.

They took some tests and said that they should be back soon to see if I have any family. I knew deep down I had family out there but my mom always said that they were bad people and I didn't want to be put into another bad place.

After about four hours Seth walked into the room with the smallest smile. I got nervous being alone with a man. I started shaking as I felt the memories flood my mind from the last time I was alone with men.

Seth took a seat in front of me and slid over a small piece of paper. I looked down to see it had a small smiley face. I looked up in slight confusion and he flashed me a warm smile.

This is why you don't judge Evelyn! I mentally scolded myself but still kept my guard up. I learned last time to never let your guard down. Ever.

"We found your brothers...they said they would love to have you back." I listened to his words in my head over and over again, trying to process them word for word.

I didn't want to be rude and tell him that he was wrong but he must've gotten the wrong person. "I don't have brothers sir, I'm sorry." Seth's face dropped as he grabbed the folder that was at the end of the table.

He opened the folder and flipped it around to me.

Evelyn Leone: Guardian of child: Luca Leone-26.

I felt my eyes go wide as I tried to think of my entire life...my mom brought Simon to the house when I was 7...I shivered at the thought...my mom said that my father hated me and that he didn't want me.

I heard a throat clear and I looked up to see Seth looking at me with concern lacing his eyes. "One of your brothers will pick you up at the airport but we have to get a social worker in here before you leave." I nodded my head as he stood up.

He opened the door and I slowly walked to the now-open door. I walked out to the lobby and a younger lady walked into the door with a sweet smile. I looked back at Seth to see him looking at her with a smile.

I took this time to look her over. She looked around Seth's age with dirty blonde hair and light gray eyes that looked warm and sweet, she was around 5'5 ish and she wore black pants with a white button-up shirt covered with a black blazer. She had a nice figure and I felt myself feeling insecure.

She turned her gaze to me and smiled widely at me. "Hi hun my name is Lana, and I'm your social worker, I am here to take care of you before your brothers get here. We can chat or just hang out and if you ever feel unsafe you can call me and I can get you out of any situation you are in." Her voice was soft like honey and her eyes held sincerity and warmth.

I nodded and looked down at my hands, I started to pick the skin off of my hands. I felt their gazes on me and I scratched my hand while looking up at them.

Lana looked at me and nodded towards the door. "Come on flower, let's get to the airport." I was going to question why we were going to the airport but I just kept my mouth shut and walked out of the door with Lana.

-----

HEY LOVES I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS FIRST CHAPTER! I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING OKAY!- LOVE THE AUTHOR.

Word count:3332

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

57.2K 1.3K 39
standalone ~ mafia siblings series "You can't make me stay here! I will get an emancipation." I yell. Flashbacks of the gun in my hand, the almost-de...
3.2M 71K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
44.4K 835 22
I woke up like always , in pain. My ribs were aching from the beating last night and my arms had bruises all over them. My eyes teared up thinking ab...
365K 7.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...