To be Claimed by Her

Af theEveofChaos

An Academy fan fiction. The Blackborne and Toma teams had fallen apart after learning Sang and Kaylie were ag... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Tying the Knot
Chapter 134
Epilogue
Moving Forward - upcoming book
Second Book Update
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

Chapter 37

3.1K 177 13
Af theEveofChaos

Owen's POV

Sean and I walked into the kitchen holding hands to the sounds of our brothers talking and joking. Gabe looked up as we entered, eyeing the bite marks on Sean's neck and our intertwined hands. He flashed a smile, "About damn time you two quit fuckin hiding!"

Sean made a strangled sound, before blurting, "You knew?"

"Dude, we've lived together for years, not to mention, the walls aren't entirely soundproof. Of course, we knew. We were just waiting for you two to realize it was okay with all of us." Nate said, sipping his coffee. "I mean it's kinda hard to keep secrets around here, right Gabe?"

"Oy! Why you gotta throw me under the bus, you fucker!" he laughed as he walked past Victor and gave him a quick kiss. Victor's cheeks flushed red. Apparently, I'd missed that relationship development over the years. I knew Gabe was bi, but I had no idea about Victor. I heard a soft giggle and turned my attention to Eveleen walking into the room with Silas. She was wearing his t-shirt without pants and he held his arm around her tightly. "Speaking of thin walls," Gabe laughed again. Eveleen's cheeks reddened and Silas gave her a reassuring hug.

Gabe stepped up to her as Silas removed his arms, "Oh little wolf, I'm only teasing. No one is upset with you, maybe a bit jealous it wasn't me making you scream, but definitely not upset." He picked her up as she wrapped her legs around him, and carried her to the kitchen counter. He leaned in and whispered something in her ear that made her giggle nervously. I felt Sean squeeze my hand, and I turned toward him. He gave me that 'see I told you' look before letting go of my hand to grab his breakfast.

I cleared my throat, "When everyone's finished their meal, could we all meet in the family room. I think we need to discuss yesterday's events and determine our next steps." Everyone either nodded their heads or verbally agreed.

When everyone had settled in I looked to Kota to start as usual. "I'm not sure I'm the best person to take the lead on this, Owen. May I suggest Gabe start then we go around to those who have been claimed followed by Eveleen and anyone else who has something to add?" Kota said hesitantly. I agreed and turned my attention to Gabe. He had a surprised look on his face.

"Okay, well damn," he started. "So you all know about my claiming with Odin - you were all fuckin there. As for last night, when the shade attacked, Eveleen used a shield spell and I just added my own magic to make it stronger, then we used light to repel it. She asked me to go get the coven members so I then led Kota, North, Luke, Nate, and Silas down to the basement. We found ten locked cages, three with hostages, seven empty. I used a spell to unlock the cages and then we carried them out to the front yard. That was when Kota noticed that Eveleen and Brandon were missing. I think we all know everything up to the point Victor entered the building."

Victor stared at Eveleen and Brandon, then said, "I think it might be best if they fill in what was happening before I entered the house, then pick up after my part again."

"Agreed," I said, "Eveleen, Brandon can you tell us what was happening inside the house?"

"We were walking down the hall where the shade had gone down when she realized it was a trap. She tried to get me to leave, but I refused." Brandon said in a determined tone. "There were three shades and they had lured us down the hall and trapped us. One touched my arm and it withered like a dead limb. Then when a second shade lunged for Firecracker, I stepped in between them. It felt like being stabbed with an icicle. Then I don't remember anything until I woke up in the front yard."

Eveleen gave his hand a squeeze of reassurance. "That's mostly everything. I was trying to shield us as the three shades attacked when Victor appeared in the hallway. Back to your turn, Victor," she said with a sweet smile.

"I'm not sure how to explain it, but I felt a pull to reach her. When I heard her scream, my instincts took over. There was a voice in my head telling me to not fear the fire, that it was a part of me, so I ran in." He shifted in his chair nervously. "Somewhere in the process of running down the hall, I started to transform. I was able to breathe fire and I killed one shade, but the other two vanished through portals. By the time I reached Brandon and Eveleen, I had fully transformed and I shielded them under my wings as the house fell apart." He paused and removed his shirt, displaying the claim tattoo on his shoulder. "While Sean was working on Brandon, I was visited telepathically by Typhon. He said he claimed me and would meet me soon. He also indicated that Eveleen is in danger from multiple sources." He put his shirt back on and continued, "I looked him up when we got home last night. Typhon is one of the original Titans that ruled before the Greek Gods."

"Did Typhon say what kind of danger she's in, or who from?" North asked, leaning forward.

"No, he didn't give me any details. I'm hoping he will soon."

I turned to Sean, giving his hand a squeeze, "Okay, I think that brings us to you, Sean. Can you tell us about what happened in the front yard?"

Letting go, he clasped his hands together in front of him. "As most of you saw, I was claimed by the Celtic Goddess Brigid last night. She helped me discover my magical ability to heal. Long story short, she showed me how to heal Brandon's wounds. Since they were caused by magic, it wasn't possible for traditional medicine to heal them. After I had healed him, she went on to explain to me that my healing will only work on magical injuries. So if you cut your hand on a piece of broken glass, you're all still getting stitches, but if you get hit with a fireball then I'm you man." He flashed his signature smirk as he finished. It made my heart swell to see his confidence returning. I really wanted to just grab him and disappear back to my bedroom with him.

Gabe cleared his throat, "Hey O man, focus on the fucking meeting, dude. Save the googly eyes for alone time," he teased, making the entire room chuckle. I felt my cheeks heat up, but still didn't look away from Sean. Gabe threw his hands up, "Oh for fucks sake, just kiss him already so we can move on!"

I smirked, "Don't mind if I do," then leaned over and smashed my mouth against a very surprised Sean's lips. I heard several gasps and some whispers of surprise. When I pulled back, Sean's eyes were hooded and his cheeks red. "Get used to it, all of you. I'm done hiding." I said proudly then turned towards Eveleen, "And you little girl, don't think you're getting out of here without a kiss as well." I stood up and pulled her up, cupping her face, and pressed my lips against her. She hesitated for only a second before returning the kiss and wrapping her arms around my neck. The room broke loose in whistles and catcalls. When the kiss ended, she had a beautiful, slightly dazed expression as she sat back down.

Silas cleared his throat and proceeded to show his left forearm to the group. "Um, during the night, well specifically when mikri magissa and I were in the shower, I was claimed." He looked to Victor before continuing, "Mine was similar to Vic's. I heard a voice in my head. The tattoo appeared and I was able to manipulate the water in the shower. I could change its direction and flow with my mind."

"Do you know who claimed you, brother," North asked, placing his hand on Silas's shoulder.

"Triton"

In true Silas fashion, he just left the information hanging in the air. I turned to Eveleen, "The floor is yours, love."

She paused, cheeks still flushed, and you could almost see the wheels in her head turning as she tried to collect her thoughts before speaking. "Well, I think everyone is starting to realize that the claimings and my presence seem to be related. While I'm not entirely sure, I think it might be directly related to my Fae heritage." She paused and took a shaky breath. I wanted nothing more than to pull her into my lap and comfort her, but I knew she needed to do this on her own time. "Okay, let me back up for a moment. Do you remember how each of us experienced a shock or jolt the first time we touched? I think that means we're connected somehow. I've never experienced it before the ten of you. Then when Gabriel manifested the tattoo on my thigh, I wondered if my Fae magic isn't drawing out latent magic in each of you."

"What do you mean 'latent magic'?" Kota asked.

"Every living thing is capable of magic. Mundanes have become so removed from it that it's usually lost to them. I think, however, that each of you has magical abilities and because of your roles as protectors, certain Gods and Goddesses have taken an interest in you." I watched as she closed her eyes tight. The room felt as if it were vibrating and her body began to glow a soft silvery shimmer. When she opened her eyes they were a silvery purple hue and delicate gossamer wings unfurled from her back.

"Shit! Pixie, you're a pixie," Luke gasped, making her giggle in a musical tone.

"Fairy, Luke. The proper term is fairy or Fae," she gently corrected him. "This is what the Gods and Goddesses see when they look at me. This is my true form. Obviously, I can't walk down the streets like this, so I use a glamour to hide behind and make myself look human. However, my eyes are difficult to hide, so they change every so often. I think by being around me so much, you've become more visible to the magical world. I'm sorry. I really had no idea this would happen." Her voice became lower and she hung her head.

Sean jumped up and knelt before her. He lifted her chin, "Don't you dare apologize. Because of you, I have purpose again. I may never have met Brigid if you hadn't found your way into our lives. You're like a star guiding us to our destinies, our purpose in this world." He looked at the rest of us and asked, "Let's get this out there gents. Is there anyone in this room that wants out, wants to avoid being claimed, because let's face it, all of us will be sooner or later."

"Told you yesterday, Firecracker, I go where you go," Brandon said.

"Fuck, I'm jealous I haven't been claimed yet. I can't wait for it," Nate exclaimed.

Luke gave a dreamy smile, "Any chance I could be a fairy too?" Eveleen giggled. "I'm in Pixie and not just for the claiming. I can't imagine life without you anymore. I know it might sound crazy, but I love you," he said in an out-of-character serious tone. Tears ran down her cheeks. Sean moved out of her way as she stepped towards Luke, wrapping her arms around him. She whispered something in his ear that made him grin like the Cheshire cat, then kissed him deeply. He stroked her hair as she leaned against his chest.

"I'm with you all the way Eve," North said.

I cleared my throat, "As I said before, I'm done hiding. I'm not in love with you yet, but I know it isn't far off. Am I scared about the claimings and what it will mean for all of us in the future, yes, but I'm also excited to see where it leads. I'm not leaving you, Eveleen and quite honestly, I'm not prepared to let you go either."

Kota kept his eyes on the floor. "I'm terrified." He paused for a moment surveying the room. "I think it's only fair that you understand something about us. Our family has been together for a long time, and when we were younger we decided to enter a polyamorous relationship with a single woman. She was the center of our world for eight wonderful years, or at least we thought they were wonderful. It turns out she had been working against us with an enemy of the Academy almost the entire time." He glanced at Brandon who nodded his consent. "Brandon's former team, the Toma team, had a similar situation with their bird. She and ours were both working for the enemy. In my mind, I know this isn't the same situation, but in my heart, I'm terrified. The thought of being claimed isn't nearly as frightening as letting you into my heart and having you leave me, leave us. I don't know that I could survive that again."

The silence in the room was suffocating. Then it was broken by musical laughter. We all turned to see Eveleen almost falling down, she was laughing so hard.

"I'm sorry if my laughter is inappropriate, I mean no offense. I'm not laughing at you, but more at myself," she said quickly, sensing the shift in the room. "Have any of you ever studied or read much about fairies? No, I guessed not." She walked over to Kota and clasped his hands in hers. "Fairies are not really good at single relationships. We are deeply sexual beings. I wasn't raised in Faire, so my experience is a bit different, but there, polyamory is normal. Sexuality is very fluid as well, so mundane terms such as bi or gay don't really exist there. Those preferences simply aren't defined." She ran her hand along his cheek. "I'm sorry for the hurt you, all of you have endured. But I can assure you of this, I won't leave if you don't want me to. When a Fae bonds to the ones they love, it is for life. It's similar to a mate bond like werewolves have."

Kota's head snapped up, "Wait, werewolves are real?"

Eveleen laughed, "Yes, m'eolaí, many things in your science fiction are real, just hidden." Before she could speak again, Kota crashed his lips against hers. In a fluid motion, he picked her up and began to walk down the hall.

"Meeting temporarily adjourned," he said before closing the door to his room with her in his arms.

I turned back to the group, "Well, you heard the man. Meeting temporarily adjourned." 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

9.1K 976 66
Volto A reminder of a past the Blackbourne and Toma teams seem unable to escape. His need to destroy the Academy drove him to corrupt Sang and Kayli...
9K 813 24
Remember the awful shower scene with Sang? That scene is now reimagined with Sang not being human and drawing her true mates to her in order to resc...
353K 16.6K 60
{Completed} A lost soul in a sea of anguish and confusion, Sang floats alone, and the treacherous waters around her are starting to consume her; she'...
18.6K 1.3K 15
**An Academy fan fiction based on C.L. Stone's Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle series. On the run from a group dead set on the destruction of magic, the...