Artful Deceit & Love

By thatdesinari

Three strong individuals Three powerful royals Three wishful desires But these very desires webs them togeth... More

Theme + Characters
1.Arranged
2.First meeting
3.The Ring
5.Meeting him
6.Rivalry
7.Jerkface
8.Meeting him again!
9.A friendly date!
10.Jealousy
11.Concern
12.Power Couple
13.Just one date!
14.Something unique
15.Silence before the storm!
16.Futile Attempts
17. Beginning of deceit
18. Logic versus Emotions!
19. A distracting ploy!
20. In love!
21. Friends!
22. White Rose
23. Impression!
24. Belongs to you!
25.Reality
26. Wishful thinking
27. Conceited
28. I hate you!
29. The Proposal
30. Acceptance
31. Exclusively mine!
32. Bad dream
33. Closed door
34. Lies we tell
35. Defiance
36. Some answers
37. The Truth
38. A way with words
39. Home
40. Reception Party
41. Platonic
42. A mere chess piece
43. Not a puppet
44. My person

4.Meeting the stranger

1K 65 2
By thatdesinari

Mridula was standing in front of the full-length mirror of the closet as she tried to select a dress for the party. She had agreed to go along with Myra to her friend's party. She had reasons why she said yes.

First, she wanted to get out of the palace.

Second, she didn't want to tag along with Digvijay and Leela as a third wheel which would have been the case. As Leela was going to visit an NGO and then would have asked her to accompany her along. And she knew that Digvijay would be there with Leela.

Third, she thought that she'll get to know Myra and ask her to not be rude to Leela.

As she went through the dresses that she had brought, her gaze fell on a pink dress. She decided to wear that for the event. She paired it with diamond earrings. She shifted to the dressing table and started applying makeup. As she applied a peach shade lipstick on her lips, she heard her phone ping. It was a message from Myra that said that she is waiting for her in the common hall of the palace. Mridula sent her a quick reply and wore her heels in hurry. She picked her clutch that had all her essentials in it and moved out.

When she reached the front porch, she found Myra standing there all dolled up in a black dress. Her guards were there with her and so were Mridula's guards.

Mridula went to her guards and told them to stay back as she was going with Myra. They had no option but to agree to her.

"Let's go, Mridula!" She nodded and got in on the back seat of her red Jaugar and they drove off.

"So, whose party is it?"

"Aditi Sehgal..."

"Is she related to Advik Seghal?" Mridula asked already regretting her decision to attend the party. Advik Sehgal is the son of an industrialist Vinay Sehgal, who is friends with Abhiraj and Narayan.

"Yes...! She is his younger sister...why?" Myra asked her as she tilted her head to face her.

"Nothing...! He was my classmate in school."

"He might not be there!" Myra said as she saw uneasiness in Mridula's features.

'Hopefully!' Mridula thought as she looked away. Her mind recalled how he had confessed his feelings for her in the last year of high school just before their graduation. She had no feelings for him and hence said no to him and reasoned that she had to focus on her studies. Honestly, Mridula had not dated anyone in her school days. She never wanted to and had kept her distance from all these mushy lovey-dovey stuff. But she did go on a few dates in her college but never anything serious.

The party was taking place in a mansion that belonged to the Sehgals which was located outside of Jaipur, away from all the commotion and also the media.

As the car reached the gates of the mansion, both of them saw that it was lit up like the fourth of July. The automatic gates opened and the chauffeur drove the car in and stopped it right in front of the main entrance of the mansion.

The guards came and opened the doors from both sides and Myra and Mridula gracefully got down. As they stood in front of the wooden double door, Myra reassured her and said

"Don't worry...! Try to think of this party as a lawyers' event!"

Mridula nodded while smiling at her. And they both entered through the huge double door. The party decorations were in the combination of silver and light blue. The halls were dimly lit and half of the party was at the back of the mansion, in the garden.

"It's her 26th birthday...just so you know!" Myra whispered as they walked into the main hall in which the party was going on.

"Hi, Myra!" A girl in a ruby red bodycon dress shouted as she walked up to them. She hugged Myra tightly while Mridula scanned the area for Aditi's elder brother.

Aditi backed away and then took notice of Mridula. Myra introduced them to one another and when Aditi asked how they knew each other, Mridula jumped in.

"Umm...our fathers are best friends and I am here to visit this city!"

Myra understood that Mridula didn't want anyone to know about her and Digvijay until the announcement is made.

Aditi excused herself as she had other guests to attend and Myra was surrounded by her friends. Mridula left her alone and decided to look around. She walked out and stood near the fountain of the garden, observing the running water when she felt someone stand beside her.

"New in this place?" The young woman asked as she saw that she had Mridula's attention.

She extended her and introduced herself. "Hi! I am Jiya Sharma."

Mridula shook her hand and commented, "Mridula Chauhan."

"Are you here for work or do you know one of the hosts?" Jiya asked as she sat on the edge of the fountain.

"I am friends with a friend of the host...so not work related!" Mridula answered calmly.

"Are you by any chance Narayan Chauhan's daughter?" Jiya asked as she had a proper look at Mridula's face.

Mridula simply nodded and decided to change the topic.

"What do you do?" Mridula asked as took a seat next to her.

"I am a PA to a prince...and he makes it a point that I attend these parties."

Mridula just nodded as she didn't know what to say. It felt weird that she had to attend a party because of her employer.

She thanked her as Jiya offered her a glass of non-alcoholic drink and took one from the waiter passing by.

"Thank god...I have found someone who doesn't drink alcohol." Mridula said as she saw her take a glass of apple juice.

They both were enjoying their drinks and talking about their personal lives. Mridula told her about her profession and talked a little about her family members. Jiya told her how she was the only earning member of her family and therefore she tolerated all the tantrums of her boss. Mridula was about to ask her boss's name but before she could, Jiya's phone pinged.

"It's my boss...I have to go!" Jiya said while getting up.

"It was nice meeting you, Jiya!" Mridula said as she hugged her and saw Jiya scurry away from there.

Mridula took another sip of her drink and looked around.

'So far...so good!' She thought and saw Myra busy talking to her friends. Myra gestured to her to come there but Mridula shook her head as she didn't want to interfere their gossip sessions.

She was enjoying her drink when she heard his voice.

"Well, if it isn't the gorgeous Mridula Chauhan!" She remembered the baritone. It had just turned more manly with age. She turned around to find Advik standing there in a light blue suit.

"Hello, Advik!" She replied as he came close to her. She could feel his eyes roam all over her.

"I never thought that I'll see you after high school!"

"But here I am...in your sister's party!" Mridula said as she shrugged and let out a non-humorous laugh. Things had gotten awkward between them after his confession. He nodded and looked away.

"So, dating someone?" Advik asked with a little jealousy in his tone.

"Umm...No, actually work keeps me tied up...What about you?" She said with a straight face.

"No..., I have been clear about my feelings since the beginning."

Mridula looked at him and found him staring at her.

"I should go...Myra is waiting for me!" She was about to walk out when he held her hand making her look at him.

"But what are you doing here...? I mean with Myra and her family."

Mridula wanted to tell him that her parents want to her married to Digvijay which would help her to keep Advik away from her. But she didn't want to start any rumors.

"I am visiting them because of my father." She pulled her hand back and moved away from him.

She walked in and asked one of the waiters about the restroom. She immediately rushed in to escape the party. She opened her clutch and thought of calling Leela. She knew everything about Advik. She unlocked her phone and was about to call her sister but stopped herself. Leela might be with Digvijay and she didn't want to disturb them.

She splashed her face with cold water and took deep breaths to calm her down. She retouched her makeup ever so slowly as she wanted to waste as much time as possible.

As she made her way back to the hall, the sound of music was blaring. Everyone was dancing and Mridula couldn't see Myra anywhere. She was hoping to tell her that she wanted to leave.

She scanned the place but couldn't find Myra. She looked at her watch. It was 11:50 at night.

She decided to leave without Myra and thought of messaging her on her way. As she was making her way to the entrance of the mansion, she was suddenly pulled to a dark corner of a secluded hall. She looked up to find Advik in front of her. He walked closer to her and Mridula backed away a little.

"What is the meaning of this?" She tried to distance herself but couldn't because of the wall behind her. Advik moved closer and she had no choice but to stick to the wall.

"Why did you reject me?" He asked her darkly and Mridula could smell the alcohol reeking from him.

"Because I wanted to focus on my studies!" Mridula reasoned as she placed her hand on his chest, trying to push him away from her.

"Wrong!" He shouted and Mridula flinched due to his raised voice. She looked at him in anger. He snaked his hand around her neck, pulling her face closer to his. Mridula's eyes widened in surprise and her heartbeat quickened.

"You rejected me because...you think you are better than me...because of your royalty...your blue blood..." He said as he rubbed his nose on her right cheek. Mridula wanted to push him away but his vice grip around her neck was making it difficult for her. His other hand went a little south and he pulled her by her waist. Mridula gasped at their closeness, hating it with all her being.

She didn't want to hurt him but he left her no other option. Mridula took a deep breath and Advik's hand was about to travel south when

'It's now or never, Mridula...Your dignity is in your own hands!' She thought as she raised her right leg a little and stomped her heeled foot on his with all her might. Advik left her and whimpered back in pain. Mridula eyed him in disgust and then ran away from there. She was running without looking ahead as she occasionally turned around to look for Advik. She bumped into someone and was about to fall when that person held her arms to prevent her from falling.

Mridula looked up at the person while she struggled to catch her breath. It was the same man who had helped her with her bag that day. His eyes turned worried looking at her flushed face.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly but Mridula was busy looking behind for Advik. When he saw that she didn't answer him, he asked again. A little louder this time.

"Is there a problem, Miss?" That caught her attention and she opened her mouth to speak.

"Yeah...I mean no...Everything is fine...! I just wish to go back." She said as she walked hurriedly past him.

"At least let me drop you out...You look distressed!" He said from behind her.

Mridula merely nodded her head as she was still shaken up.

They both walked out to the porch. Mridula looked around but couldn't find the car she had come in.

Mridula had thought that her night couldn't be more disastrous but she was wrong. She looked back again to ensure that Advik was not following her.

She looked at the man at her side. But before she could say anything, he said.

"I can drop you home if you want..." Mridula looked at him with a little distrust. She didn't want a repeat what had happened a few moments ago.

"I assure you that I am not a criminal...You can call your parents and tell them that you are with me...I would safely drop you home... I promise!"

Mridula didn't know what came into her and she nodded. She just wanted to escape this place.

The man gestured to a person something and soon a white range rover stopped in front of them. He opened the door for her and Mridula slid in without a second thought. He got in from the other side and they drove off.

"Where to, Miss?" He asked as the car moved out through the gates.

"The Palace!" She said as she looked out of the window.

He instructed the chauffeur about the destination. Mridula could feel his gaze and eyed him in agitation. He looked away as soon as that happened.

The entire ride, Mridula didn't speak a word as she was observing the roads whether they were on the right path or not. She clenched her phone tightly with her speed dial open. In case, she would have to use it.

Soon, she saw that the car was on the road that lead straight to the Palace. She sighed internally with relief.

The car didn't move in through the gates and halted right in front of it. Mridula quickly opened the car door. She got down and without looking back or thanking him, she walked to the iron gates. The guards immediately opened the gates as they saw her. She ran in without another thought.

She looked at the Palace, to find it dark and quiet. She moved in and passed through the common hall and rushed to her room.

As she reach the comfort of her room, she messaged Myra and informed her that she had come back. She didn't tell her the truth.

She changed her dress and freshened up as she didn't want to be reminded of the party.

As she sat down on the ottoman of the dressing table, drying her hair, her mind diverted to the man, who helped her. Mridula was feeling much better after a warm shower. Her nerves were calm now. She assured herself that nothing bad happened to her.

"He helped me and I didn't even ask his name..!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 2.4K 34
#3 Legally InsanE Everything in my life was beautifully chalked out since childhood except for being smitten by my cousin's best friend . A rude mout...
130K 5.8K 26
|| MULTI - COUPLE ROYAL ROMANCE || โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ โ€ข โฅ They are royals , one of the most respectable and powerful peop...
431K 23.9K 48
| ๐—–๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก ๐—ข๐—™ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ง ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—˜๐—ฆ | แด›สœษชs ส™แดแดแด‹ แดกษชสŸสŸ ส™แด‡ แด›สœแด‡ แด„แดสŸสŸแด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด แดา“ sสœแดส€แด› sแด›แดส€ษชแด‡s. แด‡แด€แด„สœ sแด›แดส€ส แดกษชสŸสŸ ส™แด‡ sแด‡แด˜ส€แด‡แด€แด›แด‡แด… า“ส€แดแด แด‡แด€แด„สœ แดแด›สœ...
9.3K 807 16
- A multi-couple Story- In the heart of Rajasthan stood a grand palace, home to a royal family whose history was as intricate as the palace's archit...