Stained Recovery

By BaggedAndDropped

Cleo's life turned 360 when she received the god-awful message announcing her ex-fiance's wedding. Looking f... More

The meet-cute || Chapter 1
Don't even think about it || Chapter 2
Thank fuck for that || Chapter 3
Fake it till you make it || Chapter 5
Us || Chapter 6
Hungover Ponytail || Chapter 7
Closure || Chapter 8
A Friend || Chapter 9
Excuse Me, I love you || Chapter 10
She's my Thank U, Next || Chapter 11
Cuddle Monster || Chapter 12
Busted || Chapter 13
Royally Fucked || Chapter 14
Balls on fire || Chapter 15
My back was blown || Chapter 16
Mommy's girl || Chapter 17
Am I? || Chapter 18
Empase || Chapter 19
Impusle || Chapter 20
Vacation Part 1 || Chapter 21
Vacation Part 2 || Chapter 22
Cupboard under the Stairs || Chapter 23
Trouble in Paradise || Chapter 24
Confused || Chapter 25
Like a fifth grader || Chapter 26
Barefoot and... || Chapter 27
Compromise || Chapter 28
Capiche? || Chapter 29
Must be nice || Chapter 30
Different Plans || Chapter 31
Friends? || Chapter 32
Fucking love || Chapter 33
A-Negative || Chapter 34
Austin's Family || Chapter 35
All in the past || Chapter 36
Breaking Boundaries || Chapter 37

We're Just Friends || Chapter 4

1.8K 98 5
By BaggedAndDropped

Cleo

The drive to Montecito has been really relaxing. Do you know why properties in this side of the city was so fucking expensive?

It's because of the view — the serenity — the peace. That's what they were paying for, actually. Well besides the good property — it's the location itself.

Music softly played in the background as I approach the address Jasmine sent. Apparently — the Ariana Grande was just like her. She never settles for less, so when Jas said that she lived in a fucking mansion — I wasn't surprised.

"Okay... you're just hanging out." I dragged on as I drive through her gates. Jas said that she already informed the security so I should be cleared.

I needed to calm myself — Jasmine basically outed that I'm intersex to two girls whom I just met yesterday. One I have a massive crush on — mind you.

My car gear was placed on 'parked'— I tried to look at the rear view mirror just to make sure that my face was clean. With my hair styled in a slick brush up, I winked at my reflection.

There were times I questioned my physical appearance. I used to be a skinny kid — not the perfect adonis type body, but when I hit puberty — one of my few friends pointed out that I should work out. I've always been insecure of my body, besides the defective genetalia... I looked like a walking stick.

Jas took me under her wing and she changed my fucking wardrobe — I had a total make over. She made sure that my clothes matched my body type. Even if I was skinny, my clothes fit me and helped me get through high school.

My hair was always well kept — hair cut every 3 weeks. Mandatory spa date with Jasmine helped me keep my skin good and well maintained too... so at 15, girls from the school has been going crazy trying to get my attention.

The attention I got tripled when they knew I've got a dick too. A girl I hooked up with in a party spread the word, and just overnight — it spread like a wild fire. People from our high school suddenly became super interested in me.

You might think that I enjoyed it, but nah... it fucking sucks. Jocks befriended me, popular girls lurk around me, and even gay guys tried to hit on me shooting their shots. They don't take no for an answer — I wanted to be left alone sometimes too.

I don't even understand what they saw in me — I was practically a dead kid hanging around the rich and famous Jasmine Peters. I tried my best to socialize but in the eyes of many — I'm still the mixed breed, weirdo trying to fit in. Besides, my social battery gets depleted after a few minutes of conversation.

I was glad to transfer to Manila. Less liberated, they didn't ask personal questions because it was rude. I looked like a guy so they just assumed that I'm a lesbian in testosterone, transitioning to be a man. Out of all the good things, my favorite was — they never asked if I really have a penis.

Thank fuck.

However, the anxiety I'm having right now was because I was outed accidentally by my best friend. What if they treat me differently now that they know my condition.

This 'friendly' date with Ariana's making me damn nervous.

She was the one who asked you out remember? My subconscious quipped.

I don't even know if I'm properly dressed — I didn't even know where we're going. I'm hella stupid. I should've asked, for Christ's sake.

My navy blue trousers and white button down seems to be a good outfit though. I just don't know if this is appropriate for the place she had in mind.

Whatever, fuck it — you're just hanging out with a friend.

I guess I'll have to adjust. I have no idea why she asked me to hang out — like we could do that here... with Jasmine, and Courtney, or Alexa... or whoever she's with right now.

As I stepped out of my car — I fixed my trousers and slightly dusted my penny loafers. Damn... I look like I'm going on a date-date.

Before I decide to chicken out of this situation, I gently pressed the bell button and waited for someone to answer the door. I was half expecting Ariana to get the door, and was surprised that for the first time... I'm disappointed to see my best friend standing on the other side.

She was smirking at me — looking at me like she approved of my outfit today.

"You look good today, Cleo. Good choice... you guys are going to the beach, aight? Anyway... sorry about blurting out your condition. But, well — only Court and Ari knows, they're okay with it." she gently pushed me aside keeping the door ajar.

Her stare was pretty much the normal look she gives me everyday — but nonetheless, intimidating. A few seconds later... her expression softens —

"I know that you have a lot on your plate right now... but take time to enjoy yeah? Get to know Ari a little bit more. I'm not saying that you have to fuck her or whatever... just let her see you." She said as if she was asking me the biggest favor.

There was hesitation in her voice and her body language says 'you better listen to me or else'.

I couldn't believe it... did Ari really want to spend time with me? My head swarm with giddy thoughts — I'm fucking pathetic — crushing on someone unavailable and to add salt to the wound... unattainable.

Maybe she was just asked by Jasmine to be nice to me... to keep my mind off certain things.

Hmmm... good distraction.

"Jas, did you ask Ariana to hang out with me?" I asked feeling a bit bummed out.

She doesn't need to do it just because she feels bad for me...

Knowning Jasmine — she probably told 'em my back story. I internally rolled my eyes, it was a very Jasmine thing to do. Always looking out for me.

Jasmine raised her eyebrows "Nah, she wanted to — it was her idea. To be honest, I told her that you won't be too keen with the idea. But she insisted, why — do you think she needs to be pushed to get to know you? She wants to be your friend too, Cleo." She said.

I just sighed, I mean — it's really cool that she wanted to hang out... I just want it to be natural, like she was not forced to do it because of my best friend.

Our conversation was cut short when we heard a little gasp from the door. "Oooh, damn Cleo — you clean up nice! You look younger without the long-sleeved shirts and dress pants!"

The ever so energetic Courtney said before stepping aside and letting Ariana walk through the front door. I can't help but feel a little over dressed.

See... she was wearing a normal friendly date outfit. Faded jeans hugging her hips perfectly... her small figure hugged by a loose black vintage shirt — designed with Harley Davidson print... and the ponytail — we can't forget that.

She still looked so gorgeous, nonetheless.

Ariana was smiling brightly at me. Her glossy lips slightly tinted with a touch of red. Her eyes raked my figure and I can't help but feel super insecure... she was looking at me like an unfamiliar rare creature, her eyes were so interested staring at me.

A very subtle sigh escaped her lips but I still noticed it. Fuck... is that a good sign or a bad one?

"Cleo! Hi, sorry did you wait long? Courtney's being a mother hen." She said before surprising me and pulling me into a hug.

um... what...

Her small arms wrapped around my neck, her face was super close and I can feel her lips touching my skin. Electric shocks ran through my body... she smells so good.

We were all shocked — Courtney and Jas had their mouths hanging.

I got over my shock and immediately wrapped my shaky arms around her waist... I wouldn't want her to make her feel things got awkward...

The hug lasted for a minute too long... I can't help it, she feels so good against me. Her warmth... her fruity, sweet, and feminine smell invaded my nostrils — I won't forget that anytime soon.

She pulled away slightly but her arms remain hanging off my shoulders. She's got an amused look on her face... she probably felt me shaking.

Embarassed with my body reacting to her mere presence... I felt my ears go warm... she probably thinks I'm a weirdo. Shit.

Her fingers played with the hair at the back of my head — Ariana, don't do that... my hopes are getting up, sweetheart...

"You ready?" She asked, directly looking into my eyes without any trace of awkwardness. She was comfortable with me, even knowing about my secret.

I felt guilty — here I am, thinking about her in a different way, when all she did was be nice to me.

She's seeing someone else... she just sees you as a friend. I reprimanded my self internally.

I just nodded, staying quiet before she turned and addressed my best friend and Courtney.

"We'll go now — are you guys staying here or..." She dragged on her sentence and Jas answered.

"We'll probably go back to my place, babe. See you later, take care of my Cleo, yeah?" She said with a warning undertone and a playful smirk.

They all hugged as I try to get back my coherent thinking. I need to stop this... crush... this simple crush will escalate, then before I know it — I'll probably have stronger feelings for her... and it'll get bigger and deeper... then I'll end up getting hurt again... because she probably won't see me anything more than a friend.

On top of that — I have to deal with my feelings about Naomi first... this is all fucked up.

Jasmine most likely notice the change in my mood — she always knows... She pulled me in a tight hug before whispering.

"Stop overthinking, Cleo — just go with the flow... have fun with Ari. Just act like how you treat me all the time..." She said, shooting down my idea of making this feel like a proper date.

She told me to basically treat Ari as my sister... damn, I was shot down before I can even try. Nevermind then.

I pulled away from Jas and smiled. Before I led Ari to my car, I just smiled lightly at my best friend, letting her know I understood her message loud and clear.

Now, instead of feeling all down, I'll just make the best of it — it's not everyday you can spend time with Ariana Grande.
__________________________________

Ariana

Silence — it's something that I want for myself whenever I come home after a long day from the studio.

However, it's not something I want if I'm with someone — who I expect to have conversations with. Cleo was all quiet for the past 5 minutes since we left my house.

When I told her we were going to the beach — she just nodded and asked where, then drove without even looking at me. She had her hand gripping the steering wheel tightly, so I know there's something wrong.

I have no idea what Jasmine said, but I was expecting to talk to Cleo like we used to. Deciding I've had enough, I faced Cleo and spoke.

"Are you okay? You're so quiet — it's making me really uncomfortable... did I do something wrong?" I asked her confused as fuck — I mean, we're not best of friends, but she was talking to me the other day and just earlier like we've known each other for years.

From this angle, I can see Cleo's cheeks turn bright red, her face and neck was so red. My eyes went wide... Oh... is she sick?

I was looking forward to spending time with her... looks like we're going to have to postpone.

"Are you not feeling well? I mean, we can go home and watch movies if you want instead. We can always come back to the beach." I suggested... I hope she agrees, we can go back to her place or my place — whereever she wanna go, I just want to get to know her.

"I'm okay... we're almost at the beach." Her quiet tone was a bit concerning. I was thinking that maybe... it has something to do with the hug I gave her...

I wanted to slap myself when I realized what I was doing earlier. It was meant to be just a short, quick greeting but she was so inviting. Her perfume and natural scent mixed... she smells so fucking good.

I had to restrain myself and repeat that I'm still seeing someone else — I can't start anything beyond friendship with this girl.

"Did I make you uncomfortable, Cleo?" I bashfully asked while still looking at her. Her eyes left the road for a bit to look at me.

"Nope, you're good — I'm just thinking about something. Sorry if I seemed to be spacing out." She said before giving me a toothpaste commercial-worthy smile.

I should feel bad that my heart flip everytime she does this. That my body reacts this way whenever she's close to me. I just met her the other day and it seems like I've known her forever.

I need to start the conversation real quick — I don't want to make it seem like we were gossiping about her so I asked.

"So... um, you finished college abroad right?" her head snapped in my direction, confusion visible like she was saying 'yo, you're weird — that's pretty random'.

I can't help but giggle though — she looks cute when she's confused.

"What? Too random?" I internally cringed. Of course it's too random, stupid.

I almost face palmed myself — how embarassing.

Her deep chuckle broke me out of my self-pity, so I looked at her again. She had a teasing smile on her face. Yeah, I know — out of all the things I can start a conversation with, I choose school.

"Not really... I was just expecting you to ask me about my condition. But hey, that works too." She joked and we both stayed quiet.

Until she burst out laughing so I joined in as well. And just like that — the awkward tension was gone. See what I mean, I can never act like this with randos!

Dalton and I hit off but we've had more awkward moments. He never knew how to defuse the tension in a room.

"I'm not gonna ask you something so personal right away, Cleo. I don't want to make you uncomfortable..." I said in a timid tone.

We were on a red stop light so she focused her attention on me. "Nah, it's not like I don't want to talk about it. If you're curious, you can ask — I mean, we're friends so I guess it's fine."

Her nonchalant attitude caught me off guard. Jasmine said that she's a little sensitive about this topic especially to new people she just met.

The light turns green so she pulled through the traffic again. After a couple of minutes, she stopped infront of an Indian restaurant. I looked at her confused.

"Let's grab some take outs, then eat by the beach — we can talk there." She smiled before giving me sunglasses and a baseball cap.

She wants me to go incognito huh... I can work with that. I returned her smile and accepted the Ray-Bans from her hand.

As we exit the car, I saw the signage "Bibhitaki" near the entrance. I've never tried this place and I'm not sure if they have vegan food on the menu. So I tapped Cleo's shoulder to tell her I'm vegan.

She whipped her head and face me — "Uh... Is this place vegan?" I asked.

Cleo just smirked "Hmm, I know you're vegan so don't worry." Her response caught me off guard — she knows?

I want to scream out of giddiness — she knows, so she must've been paying attention to me. Oh my god, continue doing what you're doing Cleo and I'll fucking fall in love with you.

Wait... what? Too much, Ari.

I shook my thoughts away — this is just a friendly day out. Cleo ordered food and we waited. This time though, she started the conversation.

"You never had Indian food before?" I can't get my eyes off the smirk plastered on her lips. It was like I was on a daze as I shook my head 'no'.

I can barely touch the floor so I sway my feet back and forth as I placed my hands under my thigh. Her tall figure postured perfectly with her legs crossed in front.

She looks like a damn model covering the latest edition of GQ magazine. The cafe's aesthetically pleasing — we're currently seated at the outdoor seats, waiting for our take out orders to be ready.

She gently placed her phone on top of the table and looked at me. "You seem anxious... are you really sure you wanna go to the beach? We can bail if you want?"

Cleo was really observant — I feel like she can read me well. "I'm okay — I'm just nervous." I answered her honestly.

Her eyebrows quirked — "About what?" she asked.

"Mostly about you — you make me feel something else... I can't place it." The truth in my response must've shocked her as she stayed quiet, just looking at me with wide eyes.

Fine... I know I shouldn't have said that. It'll make things awkward and she'll probably think that I'm a psycho who gets attracted to any person who walks by into my life.

She chuckled in response "You're honest — I like you." the dazzling smile on her face was so fucking attractive it had me on a trance.

Will it be bad if I flirt with her, even just a little?

'kiss the fuck out of her' I remembered Courtney's parting words and I can't help but blush harder. I need to talk to Dalton — ASAP.

I can't continue talking to him and be guilty of being attracted to Cleo. I need to end things — even if we weren't official, just out of respect to him as a person.

It was not like it's my fault that he doesn't want to commit — I can't wait forever.

Deciding that it was the right thing to do, I excused myself from the table and got up in a safe distance.

Three rings in... Dalton answered.

"Hey Ari... I uh... I want to apologize first.." he said "I guess us commiting to each other and making things official is really weighing on me."

I sighed, on point D... "I understand... it's okay — if you're not ready, it's fine. But you can't string me along until you figure things out for yourself. What I'm saying is... let's just stop whatever this is... we could be friends... but I can't be with someone uncertain of what they feel about me." I said with finallity in my voice.

It was unfair for the both of us — this is the right thing to do. He was a good man, but I can't see myself spending more time with him and being his girlfriend.

"I know... I guess this is it huh... but it's been nice spending time with you, Ari. Maybe we can hang out some time soon..." His voice was a little off but I can feel his sincerity.

We ended the call and I feel lighter — like a weight lifted from my shoulders. When I returned to Cleo, she was playing a game on her phone.

I observed her in a distance before heading back to my seat. She piqued my interest the moment she stepped into Jasmine's living room. I know she's currently dealing with stuff with her ex-fiance, but I can't help but be drawn to her.

For now, we can be friends — I won't rush it... but if it happens, I'll be diving right in, head on.

She noticed me and a smiled instantly quirked on her lips. "Phone call okay?" she asked.

I nodded and returned her smile with a bright one. A smile that I only pull off for my close friends — not the fake one I give in public.

We waited for our order and that moment, as she sat comfortably — I knew that she'll be a big part of my life.

"Okay, enough awkwardness. What's your favorite color?" I wasn't used to her perky tone but I answered nonetheless.

We sat there for 20 minutes asking questions about each other, and the more time I spend with her... the more I become entranced with her personality.

There's more to Cleo Phillips— and I'm so fucking excited to know more. She's just more than a pretty face, she's unique, smart, caring, easy on the eye, and most importantly — a true person.

All I can say is that... we're friends... for now.
__________________________________

Ooookay, I'm currently on vacation and and juggling on updating two stories.

I wish I could update faster but my hands hurt on doing my monthly report and typing 5k words per chapter. LOL!!!

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter — I'll do my best to update this story soon.

MUCH LOVE!!!❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 1.2K 14
"๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜Š๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช...
27.7K 1.2K 25
Sequel to Please come back. Second book but please bare with me. Feel free to leave any comments. Appreciate the love. Its been two years since y/n...
4.3K 165 14
Njomza Vitia was just helping Ariana Grande with her 6th album, but then, she found herself falling for the beautiful ponytail princess. But she was...
19.1K 432 17
*GxG* Arianas tour is gonna start in a few months. She practiced every day with her crew. A few months ago she broke up with Pete. Her live is not as...