Rock Sugar And Pear Stew | L...

By kathujaan

Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77 Part 1
Chapter 77 Part 2
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 34

1K 26 0
By kathujaan

During the supper, it was obvious that Lisa was in low spirits. Both Jungkook and Yeonjun did not know what had happened in the past and were unable to comfort her. Jungkook thought of asking her to drink a little but did not say it as Yeonjun was present.

After returning to his dorm at night, Jungkook texted Park Jimin.

Jungkook: "Who is Jeong Jaehyun?"

Jimin: "My high school classmate. Why are you asking?"

Jimin: "Did my boss mentioned him to you?"

Jungkook: "He is coming to RCU"

Jimin: "Why?"

Jungkook: "Not sure"

Jimin: "Lemme ask"

Jimin contracted several old classmates before finally finding out what was going on. He quickly contacted Jungkook to share the news: It's for an English speech competition. The National Finals are held at our school this year. I had forgotten that Jaehyun's English is really good.

Jungkook: "Mm".

Jungkook checked the schedule of the English speech competition. The finals would take place on the morning three days from now. This meant that the person name Jeong Jaehyun would arrive at RCU latest by the day after tomorrow.

Lisa did not seem like she would intimate contact with Jaehyun. The issue now was if he would pester Lisa....

Jungkook sat on the chair with his legs crossed, deep in thought as he held his chin. With his slightly narrowed eyes and subconscious movements of rubbing his lips with his slender fingers, he looked like a pervert.

Eunwoo walk into the room and saw this sight. His image of Jungkook as a "SM obsessed tyrannical he made up all of the roommates had seen the black handcuffs hidden in Jungkook's wardrobe. The first time Jungkook took out that pair of handcuffs, everyone got a shock. Tsk Tsk Tsk Tsk, never judge someone by their appearance indeed!

After they got over their shock, they rejected that Jungkook was straight. Otherwise, based on his physique, it was piece of cake for him to beat the three of them up!

____

The next two days, Jungkook was like a patrolling lion. His movements were furtive and suspicious, and he kept appearing near the places where Lisa had her lessons.

The first day, he did not discover anything unusual. During noon on the second day....huh, here it comes.

Jungkook sat on his bicycle with one foot on the ground. His arms were crossed as he observed the guy standing at the Yifu building entrance.

The guy was around 1.75m and wore a pair of silver spectacles. His appearance was clean-cut and gave off the impression of an accomplished scholar.

Jungkook could not explain why he had such a strong feeling that this person has the legendary Jeong Jaehyun.

After seeing Jaehyun, Jungkook thought of Yeonjun and could not help curling his lips in disdain. That fellow only had one taste and her taste was horrible.

"Riiiing"____The bell indicating the end of classers rang.

The guy neatened his clothes and glanced towards the doorway.

....

Lisa was currently discussing what to have for lunch with Park Chaeyoung. "Vermicelli or rice....of course we'll have rice. I want to eat red braised pork belly and Kung Pao chicken, and also____" When they reached the entrance, Lisa raised her head and suddenly stopped speaking.

Chaeyoung felt a little strange. She turned towards the direction Lisa was staring at and saw a neat and refined looking guy.

The guy smiled at them. Then, he called out, "Lisa".

Chaeyoung lightly tiptoed and furtively leaned next to Lisa's ear. This was very obsequious action. She had no idea what came over her lately but she was having fun acting this way. "My king, you have yet another peach blossom".

Lisa was now famous after participating in "Campus Idol". She had attracted a group of fearless fans who were drawn by her looks and there were countless people trying to pick her up these days. It was a sight that Chaeyoung had grown accustomed to.

However, the peach blossom today was....

Chaeyoung felt that the atmosphere between the two of them were a little odd. Thus, she did not continue speaking and quietly observed from the side.

After seeing Jaehyun, Lisa kept silent for a while. Finally, she opened her mouth. "Why are you here?"

"I'm at your school to participate in a speech competition"

"Oh. When did you arrive?"

"I just reached not long ago"

There was still smile on his face. Soft, clean and patient, anyone looking at this smile would instantly feel that he was someone good-tempered. Lisa was suddenly struck by the memory of him smiling at her in the same way three years ago.

She felt a little uncomfortable and scratched her head, not knowing what to say. At this moment, she saw Jungkook. Like a whale taking a causal swim across the ocean, the rascal cycled past her in a leisurely manner that was the very essence of carefreeness....

Lisa immediately called out. "Hey, Jungkook"

Screech____

Jungkook braked swiftly. He turned to look at her with one brow raised.

Lisa winked at him.

Chaeyoung was very impressed with Lisa and Jungkook. Bees needed to dance in the air to communicate with each other. When it came to the two of them, they could understand each other perfectly with just a single expression. What's more, their communication was encrypted so that onlookers could not tell what was going on.

At Lisa's wink, Jungkook turned his bicycle. With one foot on the ground, he looked at her pointedly before doing the same to Jaehyun. He asked, "No introductions?"

"This is my high school classmate, Jeong Jaehyun".

Jaehyun looked at Jungkook, his eyes quickly sweeping across Jungkook's entire person. "Hi, I'm Jeong Jaehyun"

"I'm Jeon Jungkook" Jungkook felt that Jaehyun's gaze was not very friendly but he did not care.

Jaehyun was a guest from afar after all. Being the local resident, it would be inexcusable for Lisa to not at least treat him to a meal. Therefore, the bunch of them decided to head over to the Sky Yard.

Lisa held onto her bicycle at the side of the road as she and Jungkook waited for Jaehyun to rend a bicycle. As for Chaeyoung, she did not need her own bicycle as the rare seat of Lisa's bicycle was practically labelled with her name.

Lisa looked at Jungkook and soundlessly mouthed a word to him thanks.

Jungkook raised a finger to beckon her over.

Lisa assumed that he wanted to tell her something. Therefore, she leaned over and faced her ear towards his face.

Jungkook pinched her cheek like how he would pinch a piece of dough. Then, hand still on her face, he shook her head left and right.

Lisa could clearly hear soft rumble of laughter from his throat.

"Lunatic" She said.

After obtaining a bicycle, Jaehyun straightened up and turned back just in time to see this sight. His expression darkened.

Chaeyoung watched Lisa and Lisa's interaction. For some inexplicable reason, she felt that her presence was not needed here. She had never so strongly look forward to Jimin's arrivals as she did now. That way, she won't be the only one fading into the background.

As if he had heard Chaeyoung's summon, Jimin valiantly appeared while riding his white bicycle. He yelled from far, "Boss, what are we eating today"

The five of them gathered for lunch. After a while, Eunha arrived as well.

This could not be helped. Only the three of them their high school year one class entered RCU. It would be inexcusable to purposely miss anyone out now that they were hosting lunch for Jaehyun.

Eunha saw Jaehyun after reaching the Sky Yard. It was not clear if she was doing this intentionally but right in front of Jungkook and Lisa, she groused, "Jaehyun, what a friend you are; heading to find Lisa immediately after getting off the plane and not even bothering to reply my message".

"I've replied" as Jaehyun spoke, he poured a cup of water for her.

Jungkook went straight to the point. He gave a faint smile and remarked, "Phrasing things like this_ aren't you afraid of making me jealous?"

Eunha was startled, "Eh, I didn't mean it this way! Ice God, please don't overthink...."

His arms crossed, Jungkook nudged his chin towards the seat at the side, "I'm just kidding. sit"

Eunha sat down immediately. After sitting down. she was annoyed at herself for being so obedient. If like she was Jungkook's lackey who was at his back and call.

Out of the six of them were high school year one classmates. Seated together like this, they subconsciously gathered and started remining about the highlights of their past.

From their words, Jungkook heard about Lisa's numerous exploits during high school.

How she distracted other students during self-study period by eating cup noodles secretly and made everyone crave for food....

How she broke the window of the sports equipment room and was tasked by the teacher to repair it; while other students were attending lessons, she was hammering away noisily at the window....

How she scaled the school wall to buy meat skewers before scaling back and eventually delivering meat skewers to the entire class; afterwards, everyone voted for her to be the class monitor....

How she stole the school principal's rabbit....

Jungkook was drinking water. Upon hearing this, he straightaways choked and coughed heavily for some time before regaining his breath.

Then, he asked, "Why did you steal someone's rabbit?"

"I've said this so many times____ I didn't steal it" Lisa's face was filled with exasperation. "It ran out by itself. If I didn't pick it up, it would have frozen to death. I only brought it home. As the story spread and spread, it somehow became that I stole that rabbit...."

Jungkook could almost imagine how Lisa looked like while picking up the rabbit. No, not only so, He could also imagine how she looked like while up to various mischiefs_ how she looked like while buying the meat skewers, how she looked like while eating cup noodles furtively, how she looked like while hammering the window....no matter what she up to, he could clearly visualize it all.

However, this was something that he could only imagine.

That was such a long period of their youth....

He suddenly felt a little vexed.

Eunha propped her chin on her hand and surveyed everyone with a smile. She commented, "Hey, do any of you remember what Lisa's nickname was?"

Jimin wanted to cut her off. However, she answered her own question immediately without for anyone to reply. "It's She-hulk. I wonder who came up with this nickname. Lisa is much skinnier now, though".

Jungkook looked at Lisa and saw that she looked upset. He raised his hand and gave her head a rub. He laughed. "She-hulk? Huh, find someone taller than her by 20cm. She'll never be more than a little chick".

Originally, Lisa was going to call Eunha out. Upon hearing Jungkook's words, her heart heavily thumped.

She would die before admitting it but she felt a teeny bit attracted for a moment....

She-hulk: "Tall, idel for women who look pale, rich and beautiful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.9K 44
❝ who says nerds can't be beautiful? ❞ Lisa is a young girl who lost her parents at a very young age and was adopted by her close friend of her paren...
561K 18.6K 197
Abused and disowned by her family after she was found heavily pregnant, Lisa was forced to leave her hometown with nothing to her name. She returns f...
13.4K 470 30
Lisa is a bunch of insecurities that she's not aware of, she just think she's stupid. It was pretty easy for her to know the rest of her classmates...
29.6K 2.4K 58
Jimin noticed that Jungkook is staring at him continuously. Jimin went near Jungkook and asked him, "Why are you staring at me like that?" "I was jus...