Rock Sugar And Pear Stew | L...

By kathujaan

Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77 Part 1
Chapter 77 Part 2
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 32

1.1K 25 11
By kathujaan

In order to prevent negatively impacting an underage youth's worldview, Lisa suggested that the both of them not fake their performances and rely on their real abilities instead.

The subsequent days of practice, Jungkook tried correcting Lisa when he could not take it anymore. After trying to do so a few times, he discovered that teaching Lisa how to sing was a horrendously difficult task.

No matter how painstakingly he taught or advised her, when she opened her mouth to sing again, it was as if he had never spoken a word.

Furthermore, she had an oddly specific way of going out tune and was not doing so blindly.

Jungkook was forced to admit that this brat really did have an unbreakable spirit....

Lisa was also exasperated with Jungkook's not-picking. "Just what do you want you can't even play the cello properly and you still want to manage what I'm doing?" She looked at Yeonjun. "Yeonjun, what do you think of my singing?"

"I think", Yeonjun pursed his lips and replied, "Confidence is key".

____

This was after all a proper stage performance. Besides practicing for it, they needed to consider their stage outfits. This was especially so considering Yeonjun's performance.

Yeonjun's performance was a moonlight sword dance. This required a good-looking and comfortable set of clothing that much also appropriately showcase the traditional Chinese flair that the performance had.

Lisa was unable to find anything suitable even after days of searching. The outfits she saw were either too gaudy or needed to be accompanied by a complex hairstyle. In the end, it was Yeonjun who bought the outfit for himself on Taobao.

Mm, it had long white sleeves and pants and was made of a soft and sleek fabric. The cut was loose and comfortable, just like this....Tai Chi clothing that elderly grandpas would wear while doing morning exercises in the par.

The clothing cost 89 yuan for the entire set and included shipping. Even if it was not up to par, they were not going to be rip off or make a loss.

Lisa did not have high hopes for it. When Yeonjun stood in front of her in the outfit, she took one look at him and first thought that popped into her mind was: the air of a dancer is indeed different.

Along with an excellent physique of broad shoulders and a narrow waist, he had snow-white skin and a pair of eyes and brows that seemed to have emerged from a painting. When dressed in this flowing and graceful-looking outfit, he gave off the air of a celestial being by simply standing there with his hands relaxed by his sides.

Lisa was a little dazzled.

Yeonjun wielded his silver sword and walked to the center of the dance studio. He spun the sword and began his dance. Under the light, the snow-white fabric flowed with his every movement like ripples of water.

The sound of Jungkook's cello entered at the appropriate moment. Solemn and weighted, the warm dulcet tones of the cello filled the room. It was a dance of the cello with the sword; the resulting cello music and sword flashes beautifully harmonized and complemented each other.

Lisa extremely stirred, "When will the bright moon appear againnnn____"

Both the cello music and the sword flashes faltered for a moment before

....

With Yeonjun's outfit settled, Lisa and Jungkook agreed on their respective outfits as well. Jungkook agreed on their respective outfits as well. Jungkook would wear his usual suit and tie while Lisa went shopping with Chaeyoung and bought a beige full-length gown and a pair of nude heels. The dress was designed to cling to the wearer's hips and flaunt the wearer's figure. Its round neckline was decorated with rhinestones.

Before heading out, she put on makeup as well. As she was not good at makeup, Chaeyoung was the one who helped her to put it on.

When they headed downstairs, Chaeyoung carefully held onto Lisa's arm. She was deeply worried that Lisa would not be used to the heels and fall. Lisa was originally 1.68m. After wearing the 8 cm heels, she was much taller than Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung looked up at Lisa's exquisitely made-up face and commented, "My king, my love for you is true".

"Oh? Pray tell me why?"

"Do you know how much courage I have to muster in order to walk alongside and looked at her reflection. Then, she patted Chaeyoung's head. "Chipmunk, you're a very lovable person as well".

"Whenever you call me Chipmunk, I'll think of that badly".

The two of them excited the building. The autumn breeze lightly stirred the hem of Lisa's dress. She rubbed her exposed arms: It was a little cold.

Jungkook and Yeonjun were waiting for her. She saw them immediately after stepping out.

They saw her as well.

Jungkook felt that he was going to nuts____he actually felt that Lisa was really pretty.

Her hairstyle was same but she had makeup on. Her skin glowed while her eyes, appearing even bigger than usual, were ridiculously bright and lively. Her full lips were finely painted the shade of a fiery red.

Her neck was slender, her collarbone delicately defined. Her waist was slim and lithe....

Jungkook subconsciously thought of that shameful dream he had. In that dream, her waist was just like this....

Lisa walked over. Seeing how the two of them were in a daze, she waved her hand at them. "Hey! Stunned silly? Hahahaha!"

Jungkook: "...."

It was her familiar old behaviour.

The bunch of them walked over to the square near the auditorium where the audition for the singing competition was held. Along the way, they caught the attention of numerous passers-by.

The singing competition's official name was "Campus Idol" and it was the biggest event organized by the student union every year. There were even rumors that in the past, someone had directly entered the entertainment industry as a result of winning this competition.

This year, "Campus Idol" was divided into two segments: the preliminary audition and the official competition. The preliminary audition would first be held for three consecutive days. Every individual or group who signed up for the competition would go on stage to perform. The selection process consisted of votes from both a panel of judges in total. If contestants received all three votes, they would automatically qualify for the official competition. For those who failed to do so, they could also qualify by getting enough votes from the students.

This was the last day of the preliminary audition. Lisa and gang were slotted towards the end; it was a group decision they made after confirming the most convenient timing for both Jungkook and Yeonjun. Being slotted towards the end had numerous disadvantages. This was because voting started from the first day of the audition. Most students had already casted their votes and this meant that there were lesser votes left for contestants who performed later.

However, Lisa did not consider this an issue. She believed the judges had good taste and would certainly vote for them unanimously.

The auditorium square was an area that anyone heading to the canteen must pass through. Lessons for the day had ended and there was quite a crowd gathered near the audition stage.

On stage, the emcee announced the next performance. "Up next, we have 'Wishing We Last Forever'. Lisa Manoban, Jeon Jungkook, Choi Yeonjun, please".

There was a commotion in the crowd.

"Jeon Jungkook? Is that the Jeon Jungkook that I know? Why is he here today?"

"Ah? Ice God? Thank goodness I didn't rush off for drumsticks!"

"Why is it Lisa Manoban again? Are Lisa and Jungkook bound together? Are the two of them really together?"

"Who's Lisa?"

"A first year, involved in the roller skating club incident a while back. She was seriously cool in that, I recommend you to watch the video".

"I was personally there. I think there's definitely something sketchy going on with her and Jungkook".

"Nonsense, Jungkook is mine!"

"You guys, the main point is Choi Yeonjun! Dafaq, why is he also with Lisa....????What kind of godly person is she...."

"Who is Choi Yeonjun again?"

"Don't any of you watch figure skating?"

"Wow, that girl is really look like doll"

The crowd twittered on and on....

Lisa lifted the hem of her dress, leisurely strode on stage and shot a smile towards the audience. Her behaviour was natural and gave people's a favourable impression.

"Presenting to everyone here, the song 'Wishing We Last Forever'" She opened her mouth, her voice bright and melodious as she spoke in an even tone. As she spoke, her face still held the faint traces of a smile. She glanced at the panel of judges and winked.

The judges smiled lightly it return.

Whoo! Goddess!

Some of the male students were extremely roused. Before she even started singing, they were already cheering and clapping in anticipation.

Behind her, Jungkook and Yeonjun were both in position.

The female students were also extremely excited at seeing how Jungkook was about to play the cello. It was happening! Their god was going to play the cello again!

Yeonjun raised his sword coolly. When the cello music rang out, he in turn started his dance.

Upon seeing the way he danced with the sword, many people immediately felt that it was remarkable. His actions flowed from one move to another; the sword dance was executed with grace and vigour, and displayed an ease that spoke of an uninhibited confidence. That person's a pro, wasn't he?

The cello tune sounded fantastic while the sword dance was impressive. The crowd started admiring Lisa's team and discussed this in soft whispers.

"Amazing, having such hot guys to enhance her performance"

"What's 'enhance' are you talking about____ they're performing as a team".

"Why is Jeon Jungkook playing the cello for her, ahhhh, the envy is driving me crazy!"

"Damnit, isn't this arrangement the equivalent of a champion team? I announce that the winner of 'Campus Idol' ....my wife, Lisa Manoban!"

"Get lost, when did she become your wife?"

The discussion was getting heated when, suddenly, Lisa opened her mouth. This was a little faster than the decided schedule and the audience was completely caught off guard.

"When will the bright moon appear againnnn_____"

"...."

"...."

"...."

"...."

Silence. There was dead silence.

"I raised my wine cup and ask the clear sky_____

In the celestial~ palace____

What year is it now____

"...."

"...."

"...."

"...."

The hushed silence continued. It was as if the whole world had died.

One of the judges was drinking water. Here, he had accidentally spitted all over the table and was currently trying to clean it in embarrassment.

Lisa was fully immersed in her act. She started experimenting with her stage presence. Holding the mike with her right hand. Holding the mike with her right hand, she imitated singers to television and raised her left hand towards the open sky.

Holy shit!

This roughly summarized the audience's thoughts.

Some people even raised their mineral water bottles. However, those bottles were only held up and ultimately, none sailed across the air.

The guys were unwilling to hit Lisa; the girls, one the other hand, were extremely willing. However, they were afraid of accidentally hitting the two guys behind....

This, Lisa managed to safely deliver her song from the beginning to the end.

The audience felt like their souls were being purged, wait no, exorcised.

Lisa finished singing and beamed at the panel of judges.

All three judges raised a red cross.

Lisa's smile froze.

Her expression was quite wounded and some of the audience actually began feeling a little symathetic.

Jungkook stood up. Carrying his cello, he walked to her side. He saw her crestfallen expression which was like a chick that has lost a fight.

"Thank you, judges". Although Lisa was a little dejected, she still managed to express the expected thanks.

Suddenly, a fair but well-toned arm reached over and plucked the mike from her hands.

Baffled, Lisa turned and looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook spoke into the mike, "If anyone wishes to see us in the subsequent rounds of competition, please vote for us. Thank you, everyone!"

Someone in the audience waved at him. "Okay, god!"

After saying this, Jungkook passed the milk back to the emcee. He saw Lisa staring at him blankly and nudged her shoulders. In a quiet voice, he said, "Let's go".

His voice was surprisingly gentle.

The trio left the place in silence. Park Chaeyoung and Jimin met up with them. Upon seeing Lisa, Jimin comforted her immediately " Boss, the judges are blind. Don't be upset".

Lisa looked down and said softly, "I really think that My singing is fine".

Jungkook was suddenly very curious. He asked. "Haven't anyone told you that your singing is out of tune?"

"My dad, mon, grandpa and grandma on both my dad and mom's side....all said that my singing is really, really good".

"What about your classmates? Have none of them said anything?" Immediately after asking this, Jungkook shook his head. "Forget it. You probably wouldn't have believed them anyway".

Lisa looked at the sky. Actually, there were indeed people who had mentioned that she was out of tune but there were very few people who had done so. After all, no one like to blatantly point out another's mistakes.

However, the truth was also that she chose not to believe them.

Jimin suddenly tiptoed over to Jungkook's side and whispered into his ears. "How do you understand my boss so well? I'll vote for you".

Jungkook raised his brows, looked to the side and gave him an approving look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 470 30
Lisa is a bunch of insecurities that she's not aware of, she just think she's stupid. It was pretty easy for her to know the rest of her classmates...
708K 21.6K 84
Have you ever wondered how would it be like if you were married to your crush? How about if you were expecting his baby? What would that make you fee...
561K 18.6K 197
Abused and disowned by her family after she was found heavily pregnant, Lisa was forced to leave her hometown with nothing to her name. She returns f...
155K 5.5K 27
BOOK I OF THE "CRYING" SERIES ❝ He doesn't have a clue how bad he fucked me up, not like he would care anyway. ❞ - Lisa ❝ And when you cry, I'll be...