Rock Sugar And Pear Stew | L...

By kathujaan

Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77 Part 1
Chapter 77 Part 2
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 22

1.1K 33 6
By kathujaan

The inline skating club members quickly dispersed the crowd and cleared the tracks.

Both sides agreed to skate five rounds on the running track. Whoever reached the finishing point first would win.

Lisa changed into the skates and a helmet, and positioned herself at the starting line. Skull head did the same.

90% of the surrounding crowd were either RCU students or teachers trying to blend in with the students. All of them were silently looking at the two people on the track.

The air was laded with tension and the atmosphere momentarily took a solemn truth.

Jimin quietly asked Jungkook, "Do you think my boss can defy the odds?"

By asking this, Jimin only wanted to hear some casual reassurance. Instead Jungkook took one look at Lisa's back view and muttered, "That little scoundrel!"

Jimin: "...."

Chaeyoung was standing on Jimin's other side. She soothingly said, "I don't see why not. Anything is possible".

This was the right way to reassure someone. Jimin instantly felt that Park Chaeyoung was an angel baby.

The inline skating club president was on the grass with his hand raised.

Inline skating originated from ice skating, but there is a difference in the skates friction, manoeuvring technique and other factors. As such, it is not possible to do figure skating and artistic roller skating interchangeably. It was because of this that Lisa said that the club president had made a blunder trying to get help from the school's figure skating team.

However, this was not the caste for inline speed skating and ice speed skating. The two sports were so similar that an inline speed skater could practice by ice speed skating, and vice versa. Practice venues for ice skating were scare, and Lisa had substituted ice skating with roller skating for practice in the past.

In other words, if a person could skate fast on ice, they could skate just as equally fast on ground.

From Primary 2 to high school year 1, Lisa had practiced ice skating for eight years. In the beginning, she only ice skated as recreation but in the later years, she trained with intention of becoming a professional sports athletic. It was only that she herself did not preserve in this endeavour.

Despite so, it was still not a problem for her to now race with an ordinary person.

That was right, and ordinary person. In her eyes, skull head was only a recreational skater. After researching on their inline skating club, she discovered that the better ones in the team were all artistic roller skaters. They did not have any member who specialized in inline speed skating.

Therefore, among their entire group, all of them were scrubs in Lisa's eyes.

After counting down, the club president sharply swung down his arm and blew the whistle. "Ready____3,2,1____"

The sharp whistle pierced the air and penetrated everyone's ears. The two on the tracks were like two missiles that had received orders to lunch. "Swoosh" Both of them took off in a blur.

The odds-defying moment that Jimin was hoping for did not appear.

This was because right from the very start, Lisa was in the lead.

The crowd was hushed.

Previously, the silence rose from pessimism. Now, the silence came from their astonishment.

The strange silence continued for some time until someone finally let out a shout "Dafaq"

Then, other exclamations from the audience followed. "Dafaq" "awesome" and "Go for it" The place was flooded with similar cries of encouragement.

Jimin's hands were red from clapping. "Boss, go for it!"

Lisa bent her waist, her eyes fixed on the track in front of her. She alternated the force exerted by each leg, her body and arms moving in synchronized and controlled swings that maximized her speed and the efficiency of her turns. In order to minimize the air resistance, she wore a tight-fitting tracksuit. At this moment, her two long legs was especially eye-catching. They were long and firm with a healthy and beautiful shape.

She finished one round and as she passed by the crowd, they erupted with screams and cheers. Lisa was completely unaffected. She methodically continued with a burning gaze.

Jungkook saw her eyes.

It was like an eagle on its first hunt calm focused, guileless and brimming with confidence in her own ability.

....

Even though there five rounds to skate, it was ultimately only a few minutes work. When Lisa passed the finishing point, the crowd let out a huge cheer. Exhilarated from her victory, she reduced her speed and U-turned, stretching her hands out to hi-five the crowd. She hi-fived everyone regardless of whether she knew them.

The surrounding crowd was also quite accommodating. All of them stretched their palms out and fought to meet her hi-fives.

Jungkook really had to give props to Lisa for being able to blow this tiny and inconsequential fight into what seemed to be a competition of Olympics scale.

Lisa was not done basking in the attention when she suddenly stumbled over someone's feet. Moving on stakes was originally something that was not too stable. Lisa was caught off guard and lost her balance. A fall seemed imminent.

At this crucial moment, someone held a hand out to stabilize her. The person tightly gripped her hand and pull her back with some force. Lisa returned his grip and took the chance to readjust her posture and right herself.

Having been sent into a panic, she took a light breath.

She then raised her eyes towards the hand's owner.

Her doe eyes met a pair of eyes.

This was the third time she meeting him.

Lisa was dumbfounded for a moment before breaking into a grin.

He grinned as well. His light pink lips were opened in a wide and unguarded smile, revealing two tidy rows of gleaming white teeth and deepending the dimple on his left cheek. As he smiled, he gave her a wink. With his jet-black eyes, his gaze was like the moving dews drops blown across a lotus leaf, bright and lively.

He moved. Lisa looked down and it was only then that she realized that she was still gripping his hand. Embarrassed she quickly let go.

He released his hand as well and fished something from his bag.

Then, Lisa found herself holding a bottle of soy milk.

Lisa was tickled. She thought that this person was pretty amusing.

She was about to speak with him when the crowd rustled. Waves of continuous cries quickly followed. "STREAK, STREAK, STREAK, STREAK....!"

Oh, Skull Head was back.

Skull head was quite unfortunate. Earlier he had even tripped as he was too anxious. He had finally reached the finishing point while withstanding the mental stress. At the finishing point, not only did no one cheer for his perseverance, but everyone was waiting for him to streak.

It was completely different from how things usually played out on dramas.

Lisa skated over to skull head. She smirked. "Convinced?"

Skull Head's expression was ghastly and he stood there without saying a word.

Grey hair was still relatively calm and asked Lisa, "Just who are you?"

"An autobot"

"...."

Grey hair was stunned.

"Cut the crap" Lisa crossed her arms and looked at Skull Head. "Hurry up with streaking everyone wants to head off for dinner".

Her words were immediately accompanied by sounds of agreement.

Paying a losing bet was nothing to be praised. However if those people were going to leave after losing, they might as well stop calling themselves men. Therefore, skull head still ultimately chose to pay the losing bet.

He closed his eyes and took off his clothes layer by layer, until he was only left wearing a pair, of briefs.

Underneath Skull Head's clothes hide a pair of SpongeBob SquarePants briefs

Well, who would have thought....

Since he had already started, he might as well went all the way. Wearing his briefs, Skull head walked a distance on the track and even struck a pose, his walking motions affected his butt muscles. The SpongeBob on his butt seemed to be alive, animated moving its face and eyes, and making faces at the audience.

That day, the majority of onlookers were somewhat traumatized. All of them left like they had been teased by a pair of briefs.

Things had finally ended and the crowd gradually dispersed as well.

Lisa grasped the bottle of soy milk. She scanned the crowd for some time but ultimately did not find him.

"I still don't even know his name" She mumbled herself.

While she was distracted, Jungkook took chance to swipe the bottle of soy milk in her hands. By the time Lisa realized, he had already swiftly twisted the cap off and drank a mouthful.

He really did not see himself as an outsider at all.

"Hey!" Lisa was a little annoyed.

The mouthful of soy milk bulged the sides of Jungkook's cheeks. He lowered his eyes and distinctively swallowed.

Gulp.

There was even a damned sound effect.

Lisa clenched her teeth. "You____" After saying this one word, she fell silent.

Jungkook's sight landed on her doll face. He intently met her eyes, his gaze clear and searching. Lisa had never seen him looking so serious before.

Lisa was originally going to swear. However, she was thrown off by his behaviour and did not end up doing so. She tightly said, "What?"

"Why did you stop skating?" Jungkook asked.

Lisa was startled. She immediately turned her face away, her tone frustrated "What does it go to do with you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 1.8K 87
Having a huge age gap didn't less their love towards each other. Lisa and Jungkook a sweet bickering couple will melt your heart smooth like butter...
437K 17.9K 62
Lalisa Manoban, cousin of Bambam, transferred to a famous arts school in Seoul, Korea to chase after her dreams and that is to become an aspiring lan...
808K 35.1K 66
MAIN CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE ADULTS. "Why can't I act normal when I'm with you?" IN WHICH he is too shy to confess and she is too silly to not...
29.9K 1.4K 110
Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook shared a desk for six years of primary school. Taehyung had tormented Jungkook for every second of this time, but Jung...