Rock Sugar And Pear Stew | L...

By kathujaan

Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77 Part 1
Chapter 77 Part 2
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 21

1.3K 40 7
By kathujaan

Lisa heard Jimin claim to be bullied and laughed, "Don't try to shirk your responsibilities".

"It's true. Boss, today at Shanghu Square...."

The result of seven separate universities merger, Rain City United University's campus layout was a little complicated. There was some areas belonging to the school that outsiders had free access to. Shanghu Square was one such area. It was a recreational square and residents nearby often went there for walks or dance activities.

Some RCU clubs also liked to hold their activities there. There was no need to first gain the school committee's approval, which made things much more convenient.

"What happened next? Did you guys fight?"

"No, but we almost did. I accidentally bumped into one of them and they started shoving and scolding me. Then our two groups started quarrelling".

"And then?"

"And then they challenged us to a battle"

"....The heck?"

"We decided to have a friendly match. The losing team will have to apologize"

"Mm. Everything's fine as long as you're alright"

"Boss, I'm so touched at your concern"

"Don't forget to wash the socks when you're back".

"...." Being touched was a delusion.

____

At night, Lisa made sure that Jungkook's socks were safely delivered into Jimin's hands. Then, she appraised him from head to toe and asked, "Sure you didn't get beaten up?"

"Nope. But Boss, they're way too arrogant" Jimin spoke, he passed his phone to Lisa. "They spread his incident all over the internet and uploaded it on Weibo and WeChat. They even posted this on both the city and our school's online forums. To make things worse, I've just searched and found out that there's someone in their club who won a prize in an artistic roller skating competition before. I think our club is doomed".

Lisa moved her finger and scanned the content of the forum post. She then did a quick search of the opposing club's information. She pondered the whole incident. "Huh"

"What?"

"Fool, you guys have been set up"

"What do you mean?"

"They're a newly established club that badly needs publicity. Intentionally finding fault on Saturday night, provoking the bunch of you, attracting widespread attention, unabashedly circulating this entire incident....all these speak of a publicity stunt. They're trying to hype up their own club at the expenses of RCU".

"Eh"

Jimin felt that things were not looking good and immediately  reported looking good and immediately reported Lisa's suspicions to his club president.

The club president had also suspected the same. However, the problem was that regardless of whether it was a publicity stunt, it was impossible to retreat halfway. There were only two options now to either win or be an embarrassment.

"I'm going to try obtaining help from someone in the figure skating team" The club president said.

Lisa who was listening at the side immediately shook her head. "That's blunder"

After hanging up on his call with his club president, Jimin softly tapped Lisa's arm, "Boss, you have a solution, right? Please....help?"

"Wash the socks" 

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, I'll wash them".

____

Sunday evening arrived and the gossip spread like a virus online. Within one night, everyone in school knew that the inline skating club was going to compete with a bunch of outsiders. Some people made sarcastic remarks while others were in it for the drama. There were also some who suggested tips and ideas while a few people broke into a sweat thinking of the potential outcomes. However, they all had one thing in common all of them were united against a common enemy. After all, as a member of RCU, no one was willing to see their own fellow students being bullied by others.

They must win!

This was the thought of most people as reflected in the constantly ticking feed of status updates in WeChat.

Lisa oddly felt like she was under a lots of pressure.

The competition was set on the next day, a Monday. After learning of the incident the school committee quickly gave the inline skating club special approval to use the east sports field from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. The school committee teacher expressed the school's heartfelt wishes. saying that they could not help much beyond providing a home ground advantage, and hoped that the students will perform to the best of their abilities blah blah blah blah....

The inline skating club had never enjoyed such a huge activity ground before. The club president was overwhelmed by this special treatment.

Lisa rushed over to the sports field immediately after her lesson. When she reached the place, she got a shock from how many people there were.

The majority of them were there to watch a show.

Jungkook was also there. Bag was slung over one shoulder and wearing his signature white tracksuit, he was casually leaning against the wire fence surrounding the sports field and attracting his own circle of attention.

Some people were simply this extraordinary. Although he was low-key and kept silent, he was impossible to overlook even without speaking a word.

Lisa did not have time to deal with Jungkook. She ran into the true center of the storm.

Jungkook spotted her as well. Seeing her head over, he immediately followed.

Lisa walked to the inline skating club president's side. Under the semblance of concern, she asked, "President, has it began?"

"No, we're still deciding on what to compete" The club president replied.

Lisa glanced at people standing opposite the club president. There was around five or six of them and they were all guys. They were led by someone with hair dyed in the shade of an ash grey. She asked Grey hair, "So what are we competing?"

"Need you ask? Of course it's roller skating tricks".

"Roller skating tricks can't do. There are no judges. How would we know who won? In order to decide the winner, we'll need to greatly increase the difficulty of the tricks performed. What if someone gets injured? Have you bought insurance? Furthermore, you bunch insurance? Furthermore, you bunch have someone who won gold in the Nationals before. Coming over to compete with us who are doing this for recreation, what are you guys up to?"

"Hey no, what are you up to? What else can we compete if we don't compete on roller skating tricks?"

Lisa nonchalantly shrugged. "We can compete on speed. Everyone here can he the judge".

At the words, numerous people in crowd nodded.

Grey hair was amused. With a slightly mocking expression, he asked, "Little girl, are you taking me for a fool? You've already prepared external helpers, haven't you? You're just waiting for me to take the bait".

Lisa crossed her arms. She mimicked his expression and replied. "Don't you take us for fools either. Who's the one laying a trap here, everyone knows", As she spoke, she finished out her student ID and passed it to him. "My student ID. Take a good look. The metal emboss on it is different from the ones you find on fake IDs that you can get for 20 yuan. If you don't believe me, you can verify it at the Academic Affairs Office".

Her action startled Grey Hair, "You?"

"Yeah, me"

"You're racing against us?" Grey Hair was in disbelief and asked again for confirmation.

"Why? Can't I compete?" Lisa spoke and looked at the club president. "President, Can I?"

"Yes....Yes...." The club president felt himself breaking into a sweat.

Grey Hair dissatisfied. "How can this do? By competing with you, we're going to win with an unfair advantage. As a guy to come up instead. Speed skating it shall be. Whoever who's afraid is a turtle".

"Huh" Lisa scoffed. Her laughter was arrogant and domineering. "Say, even though I'm a girl, you guys might not necessarily win against me either"

Grey Hair frowned and was about to speak when someone behind him stepped forward. "I'll compete with her".

Lisa looked at the speaker. He was of an average build with tanned skin. He wore a red jacket with a skull design and a dog tag necklace, looking like a young rapper.

He walked in front of Lisa and said, "I'll compete with you".

"Sure"

"Loser will streak"

At his words, the crowd stirred. Many immediately objected, saying that he was being a bully. From the beginning, most people felt that losing was a given after learning that a girl would be speed skating against a guy. Some people had already helped the inline skating club to come with an excuse. By letting a girl compete, even if they lost, it was nothing to be too embarrassed about. The inline skating club must had done this as they felt that they were bound to lose, and wanted to minimize their level of embarrassment. Even though sending out a girl to mess things up was nothing glamorous, it was still a very effective solution.

Actually, it wasn't just the crowd who thought this way. Grey Hair had the exact same thoughts.

To be honest, even the club president thought this way.

However, this condition from Skull Head had aggravated things and it was now impossible for the RCU inline skating club to muddle their way through this challenge.

Lisa was stunned for a moment. She solemnly met his eyes and asked, "You're serious?"

"Of course"

Lisa pointed at him, "I admire your courage. Alright, we'll do as you say. Loser will streak"

The crowd went into an uproar and felt a wave of pity for her. Girl. You've lost your mind!

Jimin was almost in tears. "Boss we won't compete!"

At this moment, a voice sounded from the crowd. This voice was low and reserved and his tone was like frosted steel with a bite of unhappiness to it. "I'll do it"

The crowd looked over and saw Jungkook stood out. He walked to Lisa's side and said, "I'll compete instead. Loser will streak".

Whoa-----

The surrounding students were once again sent into a flurry. Even Jungkook had appeared! And he wanted to stand in for a girl in a competition too! Just what was his relationship with this girl?

Based on the numerous plot twists in this "Show" so far, it was more than well worth their time here.

Lisa did not even turn her head. She put one hand back and it coincidentally landed on Jungkook's chest, managing to stop him in a very suave manner. She said, "There's no need. Get your phone ready for recording. He is going to streak in a bit".

Jungkook sounded exasperated. "Stop fooling around"

"I'm not"

Jungkook grabbed her wrist. "Have you forgotten? You need to do as I say".

"Stand at the side and watch me. I'll do as you as tomorrow".

Jungkook's face was a little grim. "The one names Lisa, why are you still so dense?"

"The one named Jungkook" Lisa turned to meet his gaze. "Right now, it's enough if you just cheer for me"

The surrounding audience all felt their hearts....clmouring. How come there was even a lover's quarrel? Jesus, where did this drama popped up from....

Jungkook was ultimately unable to change Lisa's mind. He retreated into the crowd and stood beside Jimin. He quietly said, "Later, if she loses, I'll just scoop her up and run. Clear the way for me".

"Alright!" Jimin heavily nodded. He suddenly felt that Jungkook was not that detestable after all.

Even though Jungkook was always going against his boss, he was still quite dependable at crucial moments....

"I'm willing to wash your socks for you" Jimin said sincerely.

Jungkook was speechless. "I'm not willing...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.9K 23
A love was not an easy pathway to go with but as long as you have the one who truly understands you, nothing is impossible. -lisaxjungkook (Complete...
37.6K 927 53
In all my life, I've only made two mistakes that I regret. The first was filling out my entrance exam application wrongly, and the second was offendi...
586K 19.1K 197
Abused and disowned by her family after she was found heavily pregnant, Lisa was forced to leave her hometown with nothing to her name. She returns f...