Call It Fate

By Lover_Me02

River king is a 20year old senior in college and is a single mom trying to balance school work and her little... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
Characters Aesthetics๏ฟผ
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25

7

3.6K 44 3
By Lover_Me02

"And that'll be all for today make sure to email me your answers!" Mr.Frank the business professor tells the class.

"So are you going to the dance tonight?" Chase asked me grabbing my bag and putting it on his shoulder.

Every year there's an annual dance for the whole college.

"I wasn't planning on going." I say as we're walking down the stairs.

"Come on it'll be fun and I bet grandma Linda wouldn't mind watching Memphis." He said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"How do you know who grandma Linda is?"

"Everybody knows grandma Linda." He said in a duh tone.

"So you goin or what?"

"I don't even have a dress or a date I don't wanna go by my self." Everest already asked me. I want to go but it's so last minute.

"We can go to the mall and get you a dress and you can go to the dance with me." He said now walking backwards in front of me.

"I don't know?"

"Come it'll make my day." He said with a smile.

How am I supposed to say no to him. He's smiling at me.

"Fine I'll go but I better get food afterwards." I say pointing a finger at him.

"Shes going to the dance with me!" He yelled out. "Would you be quite not everyone needs to know." I shushed him.

~

"What store first?" Chase asked me. Memphis is on my hip with a pacifier in his mouth.

"Let's go in here." I said pointing to h&m.

"Alright what color are you looking for?"

"Dark green maybe what color is your suit?" I love the color dark green.

"It's all black." Of course.

We're looking around but I don't really see any green dresses unless you count the lime green one that looked kinda yellow and was a literal pice of cloth.

"Ok there's nothing in there now we can go to the little shop across from this one." I said as we were walking out. We're at an outside mall I've only been here a couple of times with Everest.

"Hi how can I help you today?" The lady at the front desk asked us. She's maybe in Her mid thirties.

"Do y'all have any dark green dresses by any chance?" I asked walking closer to the desk with chase following behind me.

"We actually just got a shipment of new dresses they're re right this way." She said leading us to the back.

"So here are the green ones and the changing rooms are over there just let me know if you need any help!" She said smiling at us and going back to the desk.

"I think you should get this one." Chase said taking one off the rack. It's light green and short really short.

"Umm I'm thinking a little darker and longer I don't want my ass hanging out." I said taking it from him and putting it back.

"I think it'll look good." He said confidently siting on the round ottoman that's in the middle of the dresses and changing rooms.

"What about this one?" I said pulling a long dark green silky dress of the rack.

"Try it on."

I'm in the changing room I love this dress. Usually when I go dress shoping it always takes years to find one I like.

It gos down to right above my ankles. It has a slit on the left leg and has like a box neck line with spaghetti straps.

"Ok here's this dress." I said walking out of the changing room.

Chase is still setting in the ottoman with Memphis on his lap but now facing the changing rooms.

He looks up and scans my body from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.

"You like it?"

"You look beautiful!"

"You think so I don't know I fell like I don't know?" I said looking in the mirror that was hanging in the wall.

"You look so good for real I think you should get the dress!" Chase said when I looked back at him through the mirror.

He's looking at my ass.

"Are you just gonna stare at my ass the whole time or what?" I asked him turning around. "We'll now that you say that I might as well." He said slowly moving his eyes up my body and making eye contact with me.

I rolled my eyes. "Should I get the dress or not?"

"Yes get the dress you know what you look so good I'll even bye the dress." He said winking at me.

"You don't have to I'll pay." I said walking back to the changing room and putting my clothes back on.

"Your total will be $35.15 would you like to pay with cash or card?" The lady at the front desk ask. It's not the same one as before. This one's younger.

"Card." Chase says with a straight face pulling out his card and putting in the little box.

"Here's your bag have a nice day sir!" She said smirking at him. Well I think she's smirking it kinda looks like she's needs to shit.

"Thanks." I say sense it didn't seem like chase was going to.

~

"I'll pick you up at 7:00 on the dot." Chase said getting out of my car and walking to his car.

"Alright see you then!" I yell out of the window driving away.

I need to call Everest.

"Hey girl whatcha need?" Everest voice booms through the car. I reach over to turn it down sense Memphis is asleep.

"I'm going to the dance tonight and I need you to come over." I said.

"Wait I thought you said you weren't going who are you going with?" She asked.

"I'm going with Chase he convinced me to go." I said taking a right. "How'd he do that?"

"Food."

"Of course he did I should have thought of that. Ok well I'll be there in five minutes." She said hanging up.

~

"Ok so I'll do your makeup while your hair drys." Ev said coming in the bath room.

I just got out of the shower.

"Just sit here and I'll fix you all up."

"Can you zip this up?" Everest asked coming out of the bath room. I stand up putting Memphis on the bed because he's asleep.

"You look amazing!" She's wearing a short red dress with a deep neck line.

"Says you you look so could I would take you right here." She said with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"When's Wyatt getting here?" I asked her. I saw them going to together from a mile away.

"At 7 when's Chase getting here?" She asked as we both went to standing in front of the full body mirror in the corner of my room.

"At 7 as well."

~

There's two knocks at the door. Grandma Linda is already here she's just in Memphis's nursery.

When we go to open the door Wyatt and chase are doing some kind of hand shake.

"Are you guys hyping each other up?" Everest asked when the door opened.

"Yes." Wyatt said looking at her.

"You look gorgeous." Chase said walking in and giving me a hug around my waist.

"You look very handsome your self." I said smiling at him pulling away from the hug.

"Come lovebirds we'll be late." Wyatt said from the door. He had a hand around Everests waist.

"After you." Chase said putting a hand on my lower back.

~

We've been at the dance for like 30 seconds and Ev and Wyatt are already dancing like strippers in the middle of the dance floor.

"They we're definitely made for each other." I said to chase looking over at him.

"Yea they were." He agreed with me.

After the song stops Ev and Wyatt walk back to the table where me and chase are.

"What up losers!" Wyatt said

"We're not losers your the only one here."  chase said right back.

Just then a slow song starts playing.

"Come on let's dance." Chase said standing up and offering his hand to me.

I stand up taking his hand.

Once we get to the dance floor he puts his hands on my lower waist and I put my hand on his shoulders.

"So how ya been?" He asked.

"Pretty good how about you?"

"As of right know amazing." He said smiling down at me.

That smile is going to be the death of me.

__________________________________
Hope you liked this chapter.

I really don't know what goes on during a dance lol.

This is her dress by the way

Vote,Comment ykyk

XoXo, Abby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 36.9K 60
The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrape your knee. Or you have sex, you get pr...
180 8 6
Tate never thought she would see Kian again, their college campus was huge and the likelihood of them ever crossing paths again was zero to none. So...
2.3K 164 12
๐๐š๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ƒ๐จ๐ž ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ ๐จ๐œ --- ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ ๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ข ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. ๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฑ๏ฟฝ...
14K 269 27
Kolby Ryan Bair's(Bear), mom left the day after she was born. With nothing but her purse and a Walmart bag full of clothes, she vanished. Kolby's dad...