Rock Sugar And Pear Stew | L...

By kathujaan

Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77 Part 1
Chapter 77 Part 2
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 10

1.8K 42 25
By kathujaan

Lisa was assigned to one of the newer dorms built when the seven universities merged. Each dorm room could accommodate four people and had its own air conditioner and en suite bathroom. Beside her, two other hand already moved in. Myoui Mina and Nicha Minnie majored in agriculture engineering. It was Lisa's last roommate, Park Chaeyoung, who was the one also in veterinary science. Unfortunately, she had yet to arrive. Lisa suspected that this lass probably could not accept the reality of being in veterinary science and had gone back to paper for and retake the university entrance exams.

The three present roommates all came from different provinces. After returning to her dorm that evening, Lisa started chatting with Mina and Minnie, and each took turn to share their major. Upon hearing Lisa was assigned to major in veterinary science, both girls comforted her, saying that veterinary science majors have much potential after graduation. For instance, one could become a veterinarian, open a pet clinic, or enter an animal welfare organization, which were all rather decent prospects. As she listened, Lisa though, how was it that others could have such a contemporary take on her major while her father could only think of milk lactation in sows? Just what on earth had her old man gone through to single-mindedly think this way?

That night, Lisa went to bed with dreams of a bright future. When she woke up the next morning, another person had appeared in the room.

This person was around 1,6m, skinny and had shockingly pale skin. Her long hair draped over her shoulder and gently rippled like soft silk with every movement.

The girl had just stepped into the room and put down her two large suitcases. She turned her head and immediately saw Lisa who was staring at her while sprawled across her bed. She smiled at Lisa. "Hey there".

Her tone was unbelievably gentle and soft.

Lisa almost melted. She quickly got up and spoke. "Hello. You must be Park Chaeyoung. I thought you weren't coming".

"My house is quite near. That's why I didn't come yesterday".

All four roommates officially gathered together for the first time. Mina pointed to Chaeyoung's large suitcases and asked, "Did you carry them over yourself?"

"Nope, I met some kind hearted person on my way here".

"How come I didn't meet someone like this. It must be because you're pretty".

"Well, if it's a guy, no matter if he is tall, short, fat, skinny, old, young, good looking or ugly, call him "handsome" and he will most likely turn into a kind hearted person".

Lisa thought that Chaeyoung's advice was pretty amusing. She glanced at the time and appeared somewhat excited to have breakfast. She called Jimin.

Lisa: "Handsome".

Jimin: "....!!!!"

Lisa: "Handsome~~~~"

"Boss, what's wrong with you? Don't be like this, I'm scared....just call me little Mochi or Jimina. If these still really can't do 'son of bitch' works for me as well...."

Lisa pressed a hand to her head. "Cut the crap. Deliver breakfast to me".

"Yes ma'am".

....

Jimin won a white bicycle when charging his phone credits yesterday. The bicycle's design leaned towards cute and charming, and was relatively small. With Jimin's tall build, him riding this bicycle was akin to someone charging down the highway on a small fluffy white sheep both were cringeworthy sights to behold.

Jimin rode his bicycle down to the entrance of the agricultural science building, where he passed breakfast to Lisa.

Chaeyoung was standing beside Lisa. She curiously examined him before quietly asking Lisa, "Your boyfriend?"

Her voice was purposely lowered but Jimin still managed to hear her. He beckoned her over with his finger. "Schoolmate, please come here".

"Huh?" Chaeyoung walked towards him.

Jimin sternly looked at her. "Look at my eyes".

Chaeyoung was puzzled but still did as he was told.

Jimin: "Do I look blind?"

"...."

Lisa was originally trying to figure out what was for breakfast. At his words, she immediately raised her long leg and and assumed the posture of wanting to kick him. With a sudden burst of speed, Jimin leapt onto his bicycle and quickly fled with the haste of a rabid dog.

He left a message in his wake, "Boss, let's have lunch together!"

Lisa attended lessons with Chaeyoung and saw that her handwriting was as beautiful and delicate as her actual person. With Chaeyoung's frail looking appearance, gentle behaviour and soft manner of speaking, Lisa felt that Park Chaeyoung was one very pure and innocent lady.

This impression roughly lasted for four hours, right till lunch time.

During lunch, Chaeyoung bought a grilled sausage and two fried taro balls. She placed the sausage in the center of her plate and arranged the taro balls on an end of the sausage, one on each side.

This was a shape one could find in biology textbooks.

Lisa's jaw nearly dropped off.

Jimin was who sitting beside Lisa sent her a text.

Jimin: "Boss I think your roommate is a rogue".

Lisa: "Shut up, you".

Jimin: "I didn't say anything. I'm only typing".

Jimin: "Boss, I'm actually more worried about your safety right now".

Jimin: "Oh wait, what am I afraid of. My boss is the CHIFF of all rogues. What does she need to fear from this one little Chipmunk?"

Lisa: ==

Lisa heavily stomped on Jimin's foot before he finally stopped.

Lisa felt that Chaeyoung must had accidentally done this and thus discreetly warned her.

Lisa: "Sister Park, there's a small D on your plate!"

Chaeyoung: "It's not a small D, It's a big D.(<>)V

Lisa: "...."

....

After lunch, Lisa and gang saw a recruitment notice on the bulletin board outside the canteen. The bulletin board outside the canteen. The bulletin board was peppered with gaudily coloured notice akin to the brightly embroidered handkerchiefs waved by ladies in ancient pleasure house, each doing their utmost to attract as many eyeballs as possible. It was this notice with its clean design of plaint text neatly typed in a black and white Arial font that stood out jarringly from the rest.

The notice was recruiting part-timers for the school's indoor ice rink. The job scope was assorted odd jobs and miscellaneous tasks. Students would be paid on an hourly basis with the perk of ice skating for free.

Lisa's eyes lit up at that last line. She held her chin and smiled. "This suits me".

"Boss, are we signing up for this?"

Lisa was about to speak when a stranger interrupted her. The girl looked at them and asked, "Girl, In your first year?"

"Yup, senior. What's the matter?"

The senior pointed to the recruitment notice. "Forget this. Go find another part-time job as a tutor or a service staff in restaurant or cafe instead".

"Why's that?"

"It's way too competitive. You need connections to get in. Do you guys have it?"

The three of them shook their heads in unison.

Lisa was confused. She swiftly probed, "Why is it competitive? The job pay doesn't seem to be that great...."

"You don't understand. Those who work in the ice rink get to see members of the school ice hockey team. Have you heard of them?" At this, the female senior let out a small tee hee. She revealed an excited smile that was somewhat salacious. "The most attractive guys in school, all gathered. In. One. Place".

Lisa was a bit disappointed. She pursed her lips and softly grumbled, "But I really want to ice skate for free".

Jimin piped up, "Boss, why not we just give it a try. It's not like it'll cost us anything".

The three went to download and print the application form. To attract the recruiter's attention and show their sincerity in applying, they decided to fill the form by hand and attach their photos.

Jimin had the best handwriting out of the three of them. His words were immaculate and elegant. It was with this penmanship that he secured his marks in the university entrance exam essay.

Because of this, Lisa passed her application from over to Jimin. She dictated while he wrote. The next moment, Jimin scoffed, "First place in the city's short track speed skating competition? Personally received by the mayor? That's so full of it. Boss, you're really going all out to succeed huh...."

"It's all true. I didn't mention it previously because I wanted to keep a low profile".

At the side, Park Chaeyoung was deep in thought while biting her pen. After hearing Lisa's words, she asked, "Why didn't you continue skating? I think short track speed skating is pretty amazing".

Lisa bite her lips, "Um, there were university entrance exams to focus on".

....

After filling in the forms, the three headed to the office located on the first floor of the ice rink. There a young lady named Lee was on duty. They addressed her as Teacher Lee.

Teacher Lee accepted their application forms with a smile and casually flipped through it. "Are all of you first year students?"

"Yeah!"

"Veterinary science majors?"

"Eh...."

"Your major doesn't matter". Teacher Lee reassured them. "First years usually have more free time and that's also quite good".

"Thanks, Teacher Lee".

Teacher Lee placed their application forms on the table. There was already a stack of forms more than half a foot tall on it.

Looking at that thick stack of papers, Lisa suspected that every girl in school had applied.

Bunch of lunatics. It's a part-time job, not an eye candy feast. If you want to ogle at male gods, go ogle on the internet!

She felt a little dispirited. TAT.

After the three left, Teacher Lee picked up Lisa's application form again. She clicked her tongue and shook her head. "Her handwriting is quite decent. What a pity".

In actual fact, "Teacher" Lee was not a teacher at all. She was an administrative staff named Lee Jieun who was stationed in the RCU Ice skating rink by Bright Ice Hockey Club.

Bright Ice Hockey Club had close collaboration with RCU. This recruitment was actually organized by them. However, even though the Ice hockey club was the one recruiting, they still had to show some courtesy to the RCU student union. Since the student union had certain people in mind for the job the ice hockey club simply went along with it. Anyway, it was only a part-time job that did not require any special skills.

The quota for recruitment had nearly been filled behind closed doors. Applicants without any connections were doomed to fail selection. This selection procedure was a little against Lee Jieun's conscience but it was not her place to say anything.

Around sunset, it almost time for Lee Jieun to get off work. At this moment someone knocked on the office door.

"Please come in!"

Just as the door opened, she raised head and saw the person standing outside.

Through the streaks of sunlight from the window, Jieun gazed at the strapping figure. When she opened her mouth, her voice was a little tense. She was way too nervous....

Jieun: "Ice, Ice God, Hello".

With one hand in his pocket and a backpack slung over a shoulder, this person took long strides into the office. Upon hearing Jieun's greeting, he gave a noncommittal "mm" and said, "I'm here for my courier delivery".

"Oh!" Jieun hurriedly bounded up from her chair and went to look for Ice God's parcel.

When taking the parcel, he murmured his thanks. Lee Jieun's face reddened. "You're welcome".

Turning, he was about to leave when his eyes casually swept the area and noticed the stack of forms on tnetable.

His exceedingly good eyesight zoomed in on the name column of the top sheet, where the words "Lisa Manoban" were written, clearly as day.

A pair of long legs which was about to step out immediately retracted and turned back into the office.

A fair and broad hand reached out to picked up the application form.

Lee Jieun secretly peeked over from the side and felt that Ice God's expression was a little strange....strange but still very good looking....

After looking at the form for a while, his inscrutable expression suddenly smoothed out. "Ah...."

He then flicked the application form with his fingers, a faint smile on his face. "This person is mine".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 18.1K 62
Lalisa Manoban, cousin of Bambam, transferred to a famous arts school in Seoul, Korea to chase after her dreams and that is to become an aspiring lan...
713K 21.7K 84
Have you ever wondered how would it be like if you were married to your crush? How about if you were expecting his baby? What would that make you fee...
103K 2K 90
Lisa, a poor student in the mountainous area, came to Seoul to attend university and met Jungkook, a robot genius from the sponsor's family. The ugly...
586K 19.1K 197
Abused and disowned by her family after she was found heavily pregnant, Lisa was forced to leave her hometown with nothing to her name. She returns f...