Checkmate: THE NEXT LEVEL (R)

By Love_Bri94

Mya and Chris take on the married life. Will they be able to handle all of the obstacles that it brings Tim... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
ThirtyEight
ThirtyNine
FortyOne
FortyTwo
FortyThree
FortyFour
FortyFive
FortySix
FortySeven
FortyEight
FortyNine
Fifty
FiftyOne
FiftyTwo
FiftyThree
FiftyFour
FiftyFive
FiftySix
FiftySeven
FiftyEight
🫶🏽
FiftyNine
Sixty
SixtyOne
SixtyTwo
🫠
Bonus Ch.1 - Breezy Knows Best
Bonus Ch.2 - Chatting With the Andersons
Bouns Ch 3. - Causing Trouble
🙄😒

Forty

3.8K 261 223
By Love_Bri94

Chapter Forty
Chris Brown

After I freshened up, I grabbed my phone and dialed Hoody. Mya made sure to be right beside me during this call.

The phone rung for a while before he finally answered. "Yo." He said when it connected.

"Hoody bro, what the fuck is you doing man?"

"What you mean?"

"You know what I mean, was that post really necessary?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I think it was. She trying to play with me and I ain't with that shit so I said what I needed to say."

Mya tried to grabbed my phone but I held her back before muting the phone. "Chill, I got this."

She shook her head while sitting back. I unmuted the phone. "You couldn't be man enough to just wait until she got home and talked to her? You went and made a disrespectful ass post. She ain't the one that's bitter here honestly."

"She bitter as fuck. I'm not asking you to be with me, I know I fucked up. I'm not denying none of the bullshit that I did. I wasn't trying to go up there and fight for our relationship, I just wanted to see my kid and this bitch got me banned."

"Chill out with the bitch word Hoody." Mya yelled. "Nigga you ain't thought about my sister at all since she been pregnant. You treated her like she was the side bitch having yo baby. I saw text messages when she would beg you to come to an appointment and you'd ignore her. You didn't come to the baby shower, have you even bought my nephew anything? I'm sure the answer is no! You a fucking clown to be honest! You was so fucking quick to snitch on Chris when he cheated. You should've been the most faithful motherfucka out here. But not only did you not be faithful you had a whole baby. You are trash to me. Delete my sister off yo page and grow some balls bitch."

"Mya I hear you but don't be disrespectful bro. I let you slide on a lot of crazy shit, that's not gone last too long."

My eyes quickly bulged. Did this man just threaten my wife, in front of me? "Nigga I don't know what the fuck you on right now but don't ever in yo weak ass life come at Mya crazy."

"Man I'm not tryna hear none of that. Ya wife and her whole family can go to hell. Everybody wanna be down my back but where was this energy for you nigga when you was out here making Mya look like the dummy she is. My life gotta get threatened and I'm bitches and a pussy but you, everybody still kissing yo ass! I don't want her fucking sister, fuck Kayla! I just want my son."

"I'll be back next week, hope that energy still the same cause I'm beating yo ass for sure. You can get yo shit up out my crib too my nigga."

"I ain't at yo shit bitch and this energy will still be the same nigga. You don't scare me. I don't need you. I'm good with or without you. Can't believe you called and tried to check me over this weak ass girl. You was better before you got married. Bring that breezy back cause this new one pussy whipped. It's ridiculous."

Before I could say anything the phone hung up.

I looked over at Mya and she was fuming. "Calm down Mya."

"Calm down?! Did you not just hear what the fuck he said?!"

"I heard every word and ima handle it. We not about to let that shit ruin what we got going on right now though so like I said calm down."

"No, hell no."

"Yes Mya! Don't trip, fuck hoody. When we get home I'm going to handle it, trust me. That nigga know how the fuck I get down so he probably won't even be in LA when we get back but don't worry cause I'm going to take care of it."

She exhaled. "I just don't get people."

"Me either.......but I do got a question though."

"About what?"

"Do you uh...do you feel like your family reacted towards me differently when I did my dirt? Like they ready to kill hoody but with me, I didn't get that energy."

Mya leaned on the counter and started picking at her nails. "Um."

"Be honest Mya."

"...yes they did. You cheated on me with two women and my parents are asking me if you're coming over for thanksgiving and my brother is still hanging out with you."

"Did that upset you?"

"Absolutely...I was feeling like I'm always ready for war with my family but it's never reciprocated." She shrugged. "Ironically the only person who was ready for war was Brian."

I scratched my forehead. "But why did they not give me the same energy that they're giving hoody?"

"I don't know Chris. I guess they wanted to mind their business or something. Even though you did embarrass me, you didn't get on Instagram making shit seem like it's my fault. They saw that you were trying to right your wrongs, even though it took a minute but you got there. What hoody is doing is fucked up. He cheated on her and had a fucking baby Chris and got on Instagram and called her a bitter bitch because she ain't kissing his ass and NOW he wants to disrespect me and you. Fuck him. Why would you want my family to hate you anyway?"

"I didn't want them to hate me I just don't want to feel like I got special treatment because of who I am."

"It wasn't because of who you are Chris."

"Are you sure?! What I did was fucked up and they still treated me like family. Ya brother just threatened Hoody and and your sister called him a pussy."

"I really can't believe you're making this a thing! So you wanted them to be pissed at you Chris?! Do you not hear how dumb you sound?!"

"All I want is for everybody to keep the same energy."

She stared at me then her eyes squinted. "Are you trying to take up for Hoody?"

"Fair is fair Mya."

Mya laughed. "Oh my fucking god! What is with you and these No good ass niggas?! Fuck what's going on with him and Kayla the bitch just disrespected me, YOUR WIFE! And you wanna make an issue of my family attacking him and not you? Are you for real right now?!"

I exhaled while sinking down in my seat and shrugging. "I feel how I feel Mya."

"You know what, I'm done. I can't. Im gonna go lock myself in this room, stay the fuck away from me."

Before I could say anything she walked in the room and slammed the door. I heard it lock.

Exhaling I got up from my seat and went and outback.

This is not how this trip is supposed to be going.

Mya Brown

After waking up from my long ass nap because there wasn't anything else to do since Chris was being stupid, I finally got up and decided to get dressed. I wanted to go out and shop, get some fresh air. I wasn't about to be locked up in this house all night.

Once my outfit was to my liking, I walked out to the room. When Chris saw me, he immediately sat up. "Where you going?"

"Out."

"Not by yourself." He said while standing up.

"Why the hell not?" I looked at him confused.

"Because my wife not walking around somewhere she ain't never been by herself. That's why."

I laughed. "Oh now you care about your wife?"

"Shut the hell up Mya." He said while bumping me as he went to the room. "And you better stay right there while I'm getting dressed."

"Boy fuck you." I waved my hand and started walking towards the door but didn't get too far before he was spinning me around.

"Why you wanna ruin our vacation?"

"Me?! HA!....you know what, go get dressed but don't say a word to me because I'm still mad at you."

"Fine, I'll keep that same energy when it's time to pay too." He stuck out his tongue then went into the room.

Dammit.

It took him 30 minutes to finally come out the room. He looked so damn good but he ain't about to see me sweat, so I rolled my eyes and walked out the door. Once he got in the car, we headed to this place called luxury avenue. I needed some serious retail therapy.

When we got the mall or whatever they call it, my first stop was Cartier.

It was crazy to be in this place and people are walking past Chris like it's nothing. Back home this probably would've caused a riot like when we tried to shop when I was pregnant with Landon, craziest thing I've ever seen.

I was looking at the glasses trying to decided what I was going to get, when I felt a presence near me.

"You ready to spend some money on me now." I said without looking up.

"I'll spend whatever on you." An unfamiliar voice said making me quickly look up. Some guy who was extremely close stood there with a smile on his face.

I let out an uncomfortable laugh before looking over my shoulder to see where Chris was. "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were my husband." I moved over.

"Husband? There's no ring on your finger."

"Yeah, I forgot it at home."

"So that means you're single today." He moved back closer to me.

"Not at all." I looked for Chris again but this nigga was no where to be found. I thought he was right behind me this whole time.

"So you're telling me you got a man and he's letting you hang out here all alone? I don't like that."

"He's here actually, I guess in a different store."

The guy laughed. "Yeah okay. Probably somewhere in a girl face. You know how these men be."

"Not mine."

"What's your name beautiful?"

"Keisha." I gave him a fake smile.

"So who's Mya?" He asked while picking up my chain and I pushed his hand away.

"My grandmother."

WHERE THE HELL IS CHRIS?!

"Yeah, okay, Mya." Be laughed. "I'm Julian."

"That's what's up."

"So what you want out of here, I'll buy it."

"I'm fine. I got my own money."

"Oh really, what you do?"

"I'm a very successful business owner and my husband is a living legend."

"You and this imaginary husband girl. I love how funny you are. It's really showing your personality."

"Oh he's very re—."

"Mya." That angelic voice FINALLY said making us both turn around.

"Hey baby, where did you go?"

Chris ignored my question and just stared at the guy like he was ready to commit homicide. "What's going on in here?"

"I was just talking this beauty right here, keeping her company while you were somewhere doing whatever." Julian smiled.

"Babe who the fuck is this nigga?" Chris got into that stance that I knew would get us banned from Cartier for life. We're already banned from Nobu because of him.

"Literally nobody, let's go."

"Man to man, you need better control over your wife. Baby girl was flirting the whole time. I asked her like aren't you married to Chris Brown, she didn't even care." This weird ass nigga said.

"Boy you're a fucking liar and a pervert. Chris let's go, this weirdo ain't worth the trouble."

"You a great actor Mya baby." He smiled and winked and that was the trigger for Chris. Luckily security was around and they grabbed him before he could reach the guy.

"If I see you anywhere outside of here I'm beating yo ass and that's a fucking promise my nigga! Don't ever come near my wife bitch."

"I'm not worried at you at all bro." Julian laughed. "I'm from Cali just like you. We'll cross paths again, I'll make sure of it. Weak ass dancing nigga."

We finally got Chris out the store and he immediately snatched away from me and started power walking away. I had to run just to keep up with him.

When we got to the car, he grabbed me and basically tossed me in there like I was one of his kids then went to other side and climbed in. The driver immediately pulled off.

"Chris calm down."

"Mya." He shook his head. "Just be quiet, please."

"I hope you're not believing none of the shit he said back there. I kept trying to get the fuck away from him."

"Dawg I said be quiet, are you deaf?"

"I don't care what you said. I know what's going through that pea brain of yours especially with the bullshit that happened during my birthday."

"You don't know shit."

"I actually do but I'll let you drive yourself insane thinking whatever you want." Leaning back in my seat I pulled out my phone and checked on my sister and my kids.

Every now and then I'd glance over at Chris and his focus was only out the window.

When we got to the house I was about to get out but he pulled me back inside. "Give us a minute bro." He said while passing the driver some money.

The driver nodded while climbing and walking away.

"I don't want this trip to be like this Mya."

"I'm not doing anything, you've been on some bullshit since this morning."

"We both have."

"Me? How? Because I was pissed off about how your friend has once again embarrassed my sister then disrespected us?"

"You was just talking about how nobody had yo back so why you getting all swole over somebody shit?"

"Fuck this, I'm out."

I tried to get out again but he pulled me back.

"Mya stoooop."

"I know nobody has my back like I have theirs but that's never going to change the loyalty that I have! That's what keeps me blessed, my heart. Your loyalty keeps you hurt."

He waved his hand at me. "I'll beat hoody up when we get home, okay? Happy?"

"No, I don't want you to be beat your boyfriend up Chris."

"Keep playing with me Mya."

"All the disrespectful shit that this man said was crazy. It was okay for him to check you but you can't check him? What kind of shit is that? You didn't even come at him on no bullshit and he went in. And you're about to let your loyalty let this shit slide Chris, I know you are."

"I'm not Mya, you'll see."

"Whatever Chris."

"Stop being like that, okay?"

"I just need you have the same energy with hoody that you had with the nigga back at Cartier."

"I will, come here." He pulled me on his lap. "Something I want you to understand is that as long as there is breath in my body, I will never ever let a soul get away with disrespecting you. Not hoody, not some random ass nigga on the street. You're my wife, you come before anything and anybody Mya. You hear me?" He hand gripped my face then my neck.

"Yeah, I hear you."

"Ima handle Hoody."

"Okay."

Actions speak louder than words. We'll see what happens when we get home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 280 43
Jordin and August are engaged to be married. And are ready to start a family. On the road to there happily ever after they began to get mixed up with...
321K 5.3K 42
Morgan has known nothing but hurt her whole life- it's no fairy-tale. That's where Jacob comes in. Grown and mature more now than ever, he knows exac...
65K 4.5K 35
Could this be the end of an era? Mya and Chris face turmoil in their marriage for the last time. Will they be able to survive this hardship or will...
78.8K 2.6K 21
Alana has just moved to Atlanta. Starting a new life leaving behind her troubled past, she meets August a local street hustler with dreams. August ho...