Love Channels

By time_buzzer

A story based on IU's Ending Scene Music Video. (COMPLETED) More

Characters and Disclaimers
Chapter 1
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 6.1
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.1
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.1
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.1
Chapter 14
Chapter 14.1
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.1
Chapter 17.2
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.1
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.1
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.1
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.1
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.1
Chapter 25.2
Chapter 26
Chapter 26.1
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.1
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.1
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 • Ending Scene
Author's Note
- End Credits -
Author's Note • plug
Special Chapter: Through the Night 1
Special Chapter: Through the Night 2
Special Chapter: Through the Night 3
Special Chapter: Through the Night 4
Special Chapter: Through the Night 6
Special Chapter: Through the Night 7 [Finale]

Special Chapter: Through the Night 5

37 3 0
By time_buzzer

Sean's POV

Pete told me that he’s meeting Jamie in a coffee shop to catch up and I should wait until he leaves their table. These two can talk and will talk on hours end when they can so his cue is when he gets up and leaves.

I don’t know what he’s going to say to her but I trust that he can pull that off. I’m just going to wait in a corner and drink my coffee until he does. Also banking on the fact that Jamie will not recognize me as she’s not particular with her surroundings when she’s with people she loves to hang out with because she’s so focused on them.

It’s been more than 30 mins since they have met and they keep talking. I see her happy and her laughter is music to my ears, I miss that sound so much. I’m trying to be patient and sit still as I am at the verge of barging in to say hello but I’m mustering all the restraint I have in me to hold it together. I’ve already finished my cup of coffee while hiding behind a book which I am not even reading.

I’ve endured almost three years not seeing her in front of me, I can wait another 30 mins to get my chance if I need to. But I wish Pete would give me my opening soon because my patience is wearing thin. I need to hear that voice and see that face up close.

Pete stood up and gave me a look, that’s my cue. Jamie was scribbling something in her journal when I took courage and walked towards her.

I’m so nervous and I did not know how to start or say hello. She’s jotting down a few things in her journal so seriously and when she does, she can dismiss the sounds around her.

“Is this seat taken?” I asked bravely.

When she looked up, I saw her eyes light up, surprise very evident. Yes, I am here. For you. I’m back and if you’re going to make me work for it to have you back, I will do so with every fiber of my being. As cheesy as that may sound to you and I know you will say that for sure.

She nodded to answer that the seat is taken, I guess she’s referring to Pete? I still took the seat, this is my spot, it always has been and will be from now on plus our friend is not coming back anymore.

When she asked me how I was, I knew she’s happy to see me. I’m still looking at you the way I used to, the way I always do, aren’t I? That never changed and I will make sure it will never change. I’ll tell you how sure I am, this time. I have my answers if you ask questions.

“Upgraded, newer, better version of that old version you know.”

She couldn’t answer right away and sipped on her tea after I answered her question. Rendering you speechless is one highlight of this day.

I laughed when she offered me chocolates and she couldn’t say anything else after offering me tea, coffee, and a book to read. I know how she feels about sharing her chocolates.

When she said she had nothing left to offer, I was debating whether she was playing with me or she truly is just saying it as is so I had to answer her truthfully. It’s now or never.

You. If you’d let me…. Again.”

Rendering Jamie speechless twice in a row, this is something. I am prepared for the worst and I played the scenario in my head and I know what to do.

After a few seconds she still said nothing but just gave me a look that is so new to me. I don’t know what that is yet but I intend to find out.

“I can leave now and give you time to think, but I will come back maybe after 5 mins. Just five minutes, that’s the best offer I can give after being away from you all these years.”

I stood up and smiled at her, ready to give her that five minutes. But internally I am pleading please Jamie, say something because that five minutes is going to be an eternity for me now that I am this close to you.

She quickly stood up and without a word, hugged me so tight as if I was going to vanish into thin air. I chuckled at her reaction and when I looked around the coffee shop I saw people smiling at our state. This is a new side of Jamie, the one I know wouldn’t really want to be seen in public displaying so much affection aside from holding my hand.

“I missed you so so so much.” I whispered to her ear and hugged her back so tightly.

All she did was just nod and hugged me tighter, she’s holding her emotions in. I guess, still no tears in public huh?

“Want to let me out of this hug so that I can take a look at that beautiful face of yours again?” I asked her.

She just shook her head quickly and I laughed at her reaction. I think I’m not going to get a word out of her for a few more minutes.

“Are you giving me three years worth of hugs?” She just nodded again.

“I can also accept other things too, not just hugs, you know.” still no words but opted to pinch me.

I heard her chuckle but I think I heard something else, is she sobbing? I rubbed her back to soothe her and we remained like that for a few more minutes until she calmed down. The people at the coffee shop didn’t really care about us anymore, I guess they understood.

“I have a lot of stories for you. Are you calm now? Do you want to hear them?”

She still shook her head. I chuckled once again at how she is reacting. Oh how the tables have turned.

“Baby, if it would just be me, I will never break this hug but remember that we are in a coffee shop, it’s public. Sooner or later you're going to give me a look that clearly states that I should have stopped you from being cheesy, your definition, not mine. You don’t like people staring and their attention as far as I can remember.”

“I don’t care.” All she said softly but at least she’s now speaking.

“Okay, a few more minutes then. But you have not really answered me back.”

“I’m hugging you right now aren’t I? Isn’t that an answer already?” She’s slowly coming back to her own self.

“Nope not entirely. I need a definitive answer.” There she’s pulling away, I can clearly see her face with streaks of almost dried up tears.

I still wiped them away even if my shirt got the most of it.

“Okay.”

“What’s okay?” She sat back on her chair and I’m across her.

“Me, I’m okay.”

“Uh, have you lost your ability to communicate after all these years? Seems that I am the coherent one as of the moment.” I teased.

“Oh look at the time, I’m going to go and get ready for a dinner date I have later.” She said with a poker face on.

I’m going to punch Pete, he said she’s not seeing anyone how come she’s saying she has a date later? My face just turned serious. This is not part of the scenarios I had in my head because I was told she was not dating. What am I going to do? I’m panicking inside.

“You? You have a date? I’m… I thought…” I’m lost for words.

“Yeah, I have. He just came back actually, after all these years. I offered him tea, coffee, a book, and chocolates but he said I’m the one he’d always want to come back to. I guess, I’d oblige and give him his favorite.” she winked at me and smiled so brightly.

Oh how have I forgotten that Jamie can play tricks on me especially when she wants to. I held her hand and kissed it. Such a relief. I was at the verge of kneeling and begging her to not go on that date.

“Please, please don’t give me that kind of mini heart attack. That was not in the scenarios I have played in my head because Pete said you’re not seeing anyone.”

“I missed you too. So much.” There she is. My Jamie.

“Hi.” I said with a very bright smile on my face. I can stare at her all day and I’d be content, happy.

“Hi.” She said while looking at me longingly and held my cheek, trying to stop the fresh tears that’s threatening to flow.

We looked at each other for a few seconds more, as if trying to retain this moment in our little folder of memories.

“So, a date. Okay, what time do you think I should pick you up for dinner?”

“It starts now actually.” She said proudly.

“Oh.”

“Stories, tell me. I am all ears.” She beamed after. That smile has been one of my saving graces all these years and I missed it so much.

=====
A/N: Jamie's POV is next 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 200 23
it was legendary, it was momentary. right person, wrong time. 최범규 | choi beomgyu. lowercase intended | 2022 © minieberry_
379K 20K 96
All the cameras in the world can't capture how breathtaking she is and I'm selfish enough to keep that image locked up in my mind where no one else o...
13.7K 738 33
In a tale like the movies, love is a sweet dance. Jisu found Ryujin, a rose wrapped in chance. Scarred, yet shining, in love's risky trance, Will tho...
388K 13.6K 94
❥︎enhypen au „Good luck with living with them." 'how did my cooking videos bring me to my favorite boyband?' It was a miracle. Y/n met people she tho...