Entertainment

Galing kay sweet_nothingsxxx

Many civilans hate shinobi and blame them for destroying their lands after wars. Using modern weapons, they c... Higit pa

P R O L O G U E. Death knocking to the door.
I. Tigers kept in a cage.
I I. The memory of you.
I I I. Dream or reality?
V. Worth the Hyuga heiress.
V I. To trust her - part one.
V I. To trust her - part two.
V I. To trust her - part three.
V I I. You and only you.
V I I I. The night of words.
I X. Clues. Snakes. Confessions.
X. The last show - hours to freedom.
X. The last show - the world on fire.
X. The last show - it's not over.
X I. Our freedom.
XII. The future they promised.

I V. The respect from a beast.

70 5 1
Galing kay sweet_nothingsxxx

Next days passed calmly - the guards seemed to be in a better than usually mood, limiting only to calling the young shinobi by names, even Goro decided not to use physical violance, what was a rare thing. Uchiha after the treatment didn't have to work as hard as the others, but still he decided to keep his head down - earning enemies between troupe members wouldn't give him any profits in the future. Despite using fake identities, he recognized few people from Konoha. These were a girl from Yamanaka cloul, who was the contortionist; also an annoying Izunuka boy, who took care of dogs and other animals (not counting snakes, these seemed to tolerate only Hinata's presence, what was a huge surprise for sasuke); and a pink head girl, who used to be one of his fan girls in the past. Only the last one probably recognized in him old classmate, but didn't spare him more than a gaze. It was different than he got from her years ago and all he noticed was... A threat? He didn't mind it, happy that the girl probably grew up from walking after him and begging for any sign of intrest. "One irritating thing less" ~ Sasuke summarized with slight relief, not wasting any more time on thinking about the girl.

...

Snakes.

Their loud hissing spread through as Sasuke entered the tent, dedicated for them only. Izunuka told him that presence of these creatures had wrong impact on other animals, making them act aggressively and unpredictably. That was the main reason why they had to be separated, closed in the dark. The glass terrariums were too small and lack of any basic enviroment needs affected on their health. It didn't surprise young man, who had witnessed the similar fate of tigers, elephants and camels before he came there.
When the bunch of yellow eyes with pupils formed in straight lines noticed following him Hinata, these calmed down a little. Sasuke looked at his companion riddled, sure that her pure aura must affect on animals too. Suddenly, they heard something saying from the deepest parts of the tent:

" Good to see you again, Byakugan princess-ss. You brought there ss-someone. The main dish-ss? "

The voice was deep and harsh, sneaky and powerful, sending shivers through the spine. Uchiha narrowed his eyes and then noticed. It was a spacious reptile house, smartly hidden under wooden boxes and materials. Inside - the most magnificent creature Sasuke had even seen.
That snake was much bigger than its other brothers and much higher than him. Its body was covered with shining scales in colors of purple and blue, the flat head decorated two pairs of spiky horns. The gaze of piercing, green eyes analyzed every move of the unknown guest. It didn't took Sasuke long to realize that it must be their leader.

" Good to see you too, Hiroto. And no, I don't want to hear about eating another snake charmer! " - she stated with firm voice. Sasuke was glad of her protective words. However, It looked funny to watch that timid, delicate lady scolding the huge beast.

" Oi, Hinata. The lass-st one was-ss a prick and you know that too. I don't regret much. " - The snake called Hiroto responded with annoyance.

" A strand of hair would fall from his head and you will start. "

Hinata threatened the animal, coming closer to the glass wall. Two of them had exchanged looks for a moment, until Hiroto sighed and laid it's head on the tail. Sasuke wondered, how the girl gained so much respect from the beast, which could eat her without making a single bite. After a nod, he also stood by the terrarium, feeling snake's gaze on him.

" He muss-st be ss-special for you, if you dared threatening me, Byakugan princess-ss. " - Hearing these words, his chest felt heavy and Hinata turned her blushed face from them. - " What's your real name, ss-special one? "

The dark haired man came even closer and looked straight into animal's eyes, saying:

" Uchiha Sasuke. "

The snake became silent for a moment, lost in thoughts and memories. It rose his head, caged him under its shadow, looking down on the man with threat and rage. Such gaze would frighten everyone, except the son of Uchiha, who didn't even blink.

" I don't truss-st you, Uchiha. Try to hurt her... "

" And I'll come to you by myself. But before, I will take care of few people there. " - Sasuke finished the snake's sentence with serious tone.

Hinata looked at them in confusion, but remained silent. She could notice the approval in Hiroto's gaze. However, she was glad that the animal accepted Sasuke, even on such terms. Also, there was no way to doubt man's intentions. The girl knew, how great threat the snake was, facing him scared most of the people, even the guards had stopped visiting the tent after death of a second snake charmer. The fact that Sasuke was still alive proved that he had to impress the beast.

After a few words more with Hiroto, Hinata and Sasuke started cleaning the terrariums. The animals were calm and didn't cause shinobi any problems after leader's approval. The boy could recognize a few, deadly dangerous species among them. Why would someone take these to the circus? The most probable reason was to let guards torture slaves by them, but these turned out too wild to control.

When they finish the duties, the bell announced their diner time. Hinata chuckled lightly as the rumbling from Uchiha's belly sounded in the quiet tent, making him blush awkardly. The two of them were about to go, when Hiroto suddenly said:

" Leave, Byakugan princess-ss, I want a word with Uchiha. "

Hinata looked at the snake with hesitation, then at Sasuke. Even if it aproved him, the man was still in a great danger. After a nod from them, she left.

She was far, when the snake sighed heavily. Uchiha stood in front of him with arms crossed on chest. He didn't belong to patient ones and having Hinata far from his sight was making him nervous.

" So? What do you want? " - Sasuke asked with annoyance in voice.

" I know you can fight, I know you can kill. " - the snake's voice was cold like an ice. Sasuke didn't say anything about these facts. - " Hinata is-ss a good girl. A lot of bad things-ss happened to her here. Protect her, S-ssasuke. In all possible ways. That's-ss what I want from you. "

" You said you don't trust me. Why do you ask me for that? "

Sasuke asked, intrigued by snake's actions. After an another sigh, Hiroto admitted:

"I killed thes-sse men becaus-sse they dis-ssgusted me. I felt their intentions-ss. Filthy, cruel, pervers-sse. Even if you are Uchiha, you are not like them. Not to her. " - the animal pierced Sasuke with gaze, like it was able to see his soul and read his mind. - "S-sso?"

" You didn't need to ask for that. I am not going to let them hurt her again. She is mine. "

Uchiha confessed, firmly looking into green eyes of the creature. It looked like fighting for domination between two male, analyzing and judging strenght of each other. Who had the right to be the protector, the right to claim her, when other would just do what they requested. At some point they came to agreement. The pact between the beast and the man.

Both of them would do that - protect the last sign of good in that cruel world.

In all possible ways.

As Sasuke joined Hinata by the edge of the massive table, not willing to interrupt the discussion. In front of her was sitting the familiar, pink haired girl, whose green eyes immediately went cold as he stood behind Hyuga. Sensing his presence, Byakugan princess turned to him with a shy, adorable smile.

- I-I saved the food for you. Sit with us, Yakeru-san.

He fought appearing on his face grimance, as Hinata called him by his slave name instead of real one. "Sasuke" always sounded so delightful from her lips. But, these were the rules and she did it to protect him. Children from great shinobi clans had low chances to survive, treated as a threat. He could only assume, how hard it was for Hyuga to convince them to be only a weak, branch member.

- Hn.

After that he sat beside, softly brushing her shoulder and leg. Hinata couldn't help the shiver running through spine, revealing the goosebumps on pale skin. She blinked twice, trying to focus on the girl in front of her.

" As I said, Noa-chan, the tomorrow's show will be a special one. I've heard that the sponsors would appear. If you try to do something again... "

" I'm not planning anything, Akari-san. " - Hinata stated firmly.

" Not only you will be punished later. We all will die because of your foolishness. "

Uchiha pierced the pink haired called Akari with strong, hateful gaze. How dared she talk like that to Hinata? He was sure that Byakugan beauty would never do something to risk the lifes of troupe members, no matter how mare these were. She was too kind for that. He noticed how her hands trembled under the table, even if face showed no emotions. When Akari wanted to add something, he stopped with words:

" She's already told you she doesn't plan anything, so mind your own bussines. You also can slip up and then, you will be the one responsible. " - his voice was cold as an ice. Akari opened her mouth to response, but he directed to Hinata. - " Let's get out of here, Noa. "

His hand clenched on girl's wrist, taking them out of the tent. Hinata didn't resist much, so shortly later he let her hand go. Heavy silence came between them. Hinata stopped it.

- You didn't have to interfere. I-I could hande that. - her voice was shaking slightly, revealing how nervous she was.

- Maybe. - He responded, not looking in her direction. - But I won't let anyone talk to you like that. Do you understand?

The girl went quiet for a moment.

- You... You don't have to. I... I deserved that.

- I would never believe in such a bullshit! - Sasuke bursted, angry at her.

- L-Let me explain you. At my place.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4K 158 20
Mizuki hyuga was born in the sand village and her parents died when she was 4 years old Her parents usually talked about how cool and amazing the vil...
59.8K 3.1K 29
"I am the sole survivor of the once feared Uchiha clan, and I am burdened with great purpose. I have brought about the revolution I imagined and now...
167K 2.8K 31
He was neglected, shunned, abused, battered and stabbed and ill spoken by all the villagers. Finally he took a chance. A chance that made him stronge...
38.9K 1.2K 24
Hinata's life takes a devastating turn when her family is brutally murdered by Sasuke Uchiha, the coldest member of the Akatsuki. Left grappling with...