Infinite Suprises [HEAVY EDIT...

By em_rae

WARNING: Me and my friend started this book like three years ago and the writing is terrible. Recently we got... More

1. Never Trust the Invisible Flying Horse
2. Don't Call the Fates Vegan
3. We're all crazy
A...Shocking Experiance
Memories, Great!
Either I need hearing aids or these two are from a insane asylum.
I save my Annoying Friend's behind
I Ruin A Perfectly Nice Bus
My foot gets squashed into a pancake
The three headed dog is after my head
My best friend is my boyfriends sister?
Warehouses are haunted
I Try Not To Die (story of my life)
Seriously? Leave me to do all the work!
I got tagged
Enchaladas
Haikus
Pain hurts!
Obvious fates.
I Hate Echidnas
A Shoe a Day Keeps Monsters Away

A Scaring Event

57 3 2
By em_rae

Life was going great, until I almost died. Why am I not surprised?

I walked back through camp with no purpose. I was not going to wait around for Andy while she was getting her prophecy. I walked past Leo Valdez carrying metal pipes and wires and ran to catch up to him. "Hey! Leo, wait up!" I ran after him. "Leo I know you heard me!" I called. He groaned and turned around. His curly brown hair was covered in dirt and machine grease and his face was streaked with grime. I quickly sprinted to catch up with him. He saw that it was me and his face lit up. "Makai! I finished your sword! The mechanism of that thing!" He whistled before looking down at the junk in his arms. As soon as I was beside him he dumped it, all his junk, in my arms and hurried of in the direction of Bunker 9 with me trailing after him, trying not to drop anything.

Once we got there he opened the door and took the stuff from my arms and dumped it onto a bench filled with wrenches and other tools, including a blow torch. I looked around, I'd only been here once before. Seriously how do they fit everything in one cabin?

My thoughts were interrupted by Leo shoving pieces around on the metal bench, causing screeching sounds. I winced and covered my ears. Leo glanced at me and grinned, "The amazing Makai covering her ears? What?" I rolled my eyes and shoved him. "Shut up Leo." I muttered. But I couldn't help the smile that grew on my mouth. Did people really think that?

He grabbed a gold bracelet on the bench and exclaimed, "Aha! The almighty Leo has scored victory again!" He gave me the bracelet and I raised a eyebrow at him. "Really? How do I get it to turn into a sword again?"

Last night I had been cleaning monster dust off my sword when Leo had come up to me. He offered to look for secret mechanisms in my sword. I had been like, You kidding? Take it! He said he would give it back to me in the morning.

Leo's face lit up, "Here look," He clicked the ends of my Bracelet/sword thingy together and it slithered off my wrist and into my hand, growing and twisting until I was holding my familiar sword in my hand.

My eyes widened. Sweet! I turned to Leo, " Thank you so much! It's awesome!" He grinned and ran his hands through his hair, looking tired. " It was fun, thanks for giving me a project. Now go away, I got stuff to do." Still grinning, I left Bunker 9 and set out for Cabin 13.

I saw a very mad Nico looking for someone. I walked up to him, what happened now? Hazel was behind him and she was covering her mouth with her hands, trying not to laugh. When Nico saw me his scowl lessened slightly but he kept glaring around the clearing.

"Whats wrong?" I said warily. Nico turned to me and huffed. "Andy and the Stolls pranked me!" I blinked a couple of times. What now? I turned to Hazel, "What did they do?" She shook her head and shook with silent laughter.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Nico's hand. I seemed to be dragging him places a lot didn't I? When we got to the lava climbing wall I spotted a very pale Andy rubbing her arms and looking rather disturbed.

When she saw us she jumped a little and walked towards us, dodging a couple of demigods putting armour on. When she got to us she grabbed my other hand and dragged us towards the big house. "Chiron says we can't wait, we need to leave immediately."

I nodded and then stopped in my tracks. "Wait what?" I was going on a quest? Who else was? Now?

She turned around and nodded impatiently, her tanned skin had returned to its normal colour and she rolled her eyes. "Come on! We need to pick up another person before we leave" If anything that made me more confused.

Nico seemed to be rather confused too, when I turned around to question him he shrugged with a 'I don't get what's happening!' Look, and I turned back to Andy. She pulled us up the stairs to the big house and inside.

When we got inside I saw Scarlet sitting on a bed and petting her silver wolf. I always forget the name of that thing! It's something like gold or platinum, or silver, I always forget. Scarlet had her bow on her back and was swinging her legs as she waited for us.

When we got inside she jumped up and ran over to us. She hugged me and I had a hard time breathing. "Makai! I'm coming with you on the quest." I smiled, that's great! But then...

"All of us are going on the quest?" I was shocked. I was going on a quest? Yes! Andy nodded, "All of us," She confirmed, "Me, You, Scarlet, ad Nico."

"Sweet! Ok, where are we going again?" Scarlet grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the Big House. She had her silver backpack on and looked completely packed. I, on the other hand, was most defiantly not packed.

We got to the hill where the Golden Fleece hung on Thalia's pine tree and decided to make a plan.

Nico would shadow travel us as long as he could. If both he and Andy shadow traveled us together they would both be weak at the same time, if only one person shadow traveled the other could still get everyone out of somewhere if something happened.

Where were we going? I had no idea.

Apparently we needed to find Apollo, but we didn't know where to find him we also needed to find a stone fortress, or something like that.

I snapped back to present when Nico called for everyone to gather around and hold hands in a circle. I grabbed Nico's hand and Scarlets, and I felt myself collapsing into darkness. I grabbed Nico's hand tighter, I hated shadow traveling. I felt like someone grabbed me, stuffed me in a sack, squirted ink all over me, and then dragged my through icy water after dumping me on a roller coaster.

Soon we appeared in a grassy park next to a fountain and I collapsed on the ground, clutching my stomach. This time had been even worse.

Scarlet shot me a slightly concerned look but she was too busy arguing with Andy to say anything. Nico was on the ground beside me, his face was paler then normal and he looked drained.

"Where are we?" I gasped. Nico turned to me, "A town in Georgia called Savannah. In Forsyth Park. Its the oldest city in the U.S." I nodded and stood up, trying to ignore my rolling stomach. I crouched back down next to Nico, "You okay?" He groaned. "Not really, if we have to fight I won't be able to lift a finger." I laughed and it seemed to clear away some of the fogginess in my head.

I walked over to Andy and Scarlet, "Okay guys! What's the plan?" Scarlet glared at Andy. "Me and her," Scarlet jabbed her thumb in the direction of Andy, "are going to Leopold's Ice Cream and are looking for Apollo. Why he would be there? I don't really know, Artemis suggested we look for him there. You'll stay here and watch Nico, he can't fend of any monster attacks now." I nodded, a bit put out that I don't get to do anything, but still happy. This way I get to recover from the shadow traveling.

I went back to Nico, who was sitting on the edge of the fountain now, and told him the plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later the sun was setting and Andy and Scarlet weren't back yet. Nico had curled up on the ground and was sleeping. I was dragging my hand through the water in the fountain. My head shot up when I heard a hissing sound. When I looked up I cursed.

How had I let them ambush us? Several venti surrounded us and a few earthborn as well, but the biggest threat was Thorne.

He was a manticore that Percy and Annabeth had fought in the Titan war. I hadn't thought he survived. He was the first monster Nico ever saw, and the monster that had attacked Andy.

I kept up from my seat on the fountain, I looked around for Andy and Scarlet, they should be here by now. I saw them running as fast as they could towards us, but they wouldn't be here in time. I clicked my bracelet ends together and soon held my sword in my hands. I shook Nico awake with my foot.

He opened his eyes and took in our surroundings. He tried to stand up but only managed to drag himself onto the edge of the fountain. "Give up girl, it's hopeless." Thorne hissed, his curled, spiky tail slashed through the air. I shook my head. "Never!" I growled back.

I checked where Andy and Scarlet were before looking back to Thorne. When I did, I nearly jumped out of my skin. Skeletons were crawling out of the ground more hands erupting and dragging themselves out of the dirt. I glanced at Nico and saw that he was even paler. The skeletons gave me toothy smiles and attacked Thorne.

While they restrained Thorne I wirled through the monsters ranks. Cutting and slicing through the monsters, leaving a trail of monster dust behind me. I was stretching myself to my limits. I blasted monsters with water from the fountain if they went near Nico. I felt myself growing tired. A few more monsters remained, and I was about to finish them off if I could when I heard Andy and Scarlet join the battle. More monsters appeared and I forced my tired, sleep deprived self to continue attacking the monsters.

The fight seemed to be endless. More Venti joined the battle from the sky, I saw Chimera battling Scarlet as well. Chimera was Part lion, part goat, and had a green snake head as a tail, Scarlet tricked Chimera to blast fire at the Hydra, after she cut of its heads.

Soon there seemed to be no more monsters joining the fight. Nico's head was slumped against the edge of the now broken fountain, but I saw him breathing so I relaxed and lopped the head of a very confused looking earthborn.

I turned around and rage filled me. I saw Thorne almost to Nico, I saw his eyes flutter open and then he lifted his arms as if to stop him. The skeletons were trying to trap Thorne again and I saw it was going to be too late. I saw black spots dance across my vision.

I was losing control, any second now I was going to explode from the force of it. I ran. I reached Nico as Thorne slashed down with his tail, his different color eyes glaring at me. "No!" I yelped. I threw myself in front of Nico my sword clattered to the ground and I felt the manticores tail slash down at my stomach. I collapsed.

Nico's eyes widened as he looked at me. I struggled to get up, then dropped back down onto the ground as I saw Thorne's head get chopped off his body. He exploded in slimy monster dust. All the other monsters turned into dust as well as silver arrows sprouted out of their heads or chests. I felt blood soaking through my shirt. and my head felt light. Andy and Scarlet appeared at my side.

They started to say things to me but I couldn't hear. I just saw them moving their mouths. I saw darkness take over my vision but the last thing I saw was Nico, Andy, and Scarlet gathered around me. A tear dripped down Scarlets face and dimly I felt her wrapping bandages around my stomach. Then I dropped into darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 5 5
I've finally taken a break from Undertale! I know, crazy, right? Anyways, this is going to be a Percy Jackson fanfiction. I introduce quite a few OC'...
393 25 7
If I'm gonna give you any advice from my wise amazing awesome-ist halfblood self it's to NOT be a demigod. Pretty simple... But if y'all want to be e...
1.7K 36 19
π™‘π™žπ™‘π™žπ™©π™ π™₯𝙖𝙧𝙠 π™£π™šπ™«π™šπ™§ π™žπ™’π™–π™œπ™žπ™£π™šπ™™ π™π™šπ™§π™¨π™šπ™‘π™› 𝙖𝙨 π™—π™šπ™žπ™£π™œ 𝙖 π™™π™šπ™’π™žπ™œπ™€π™™. 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘭𝘦𝘷π˜ͺ𝘡𝘒𝘡...
134K 5.9K 20
and now he's dear, and so unsure, I wonder why I didn't see it there before. [ percy jackson x original character ] [ book two in the belle series ] ...