Lockers (h.s)

By probablywritten

This isn't the story of how the popular guy notices the unpopular nerd girl with social issues and the guy ac... More

Prologue
bully
endings and beginings
relapse and realization
3am Discussions
news
the game
idiot
forgiveness...maybe?
homecoming?
unlikable new friend
competition
guts and glory
Sequel Announcement
IMPORTANT

books and fries

2.9K 110 80
By probablywritten

-Indigo-

A knock on the front door is what causes me to roll off the couch on a Saturday morning. I fell asleep while watching Castle late last night, not wanting to move or do anything for that matter.

I open the front door and reveal Harry wearing long sleeve black shirt, black skinny jeans and a gray beanie that he had combed his hair back before putting the beanie on.

"What do you want, Harry?" I grumble, squinting at the bright light of the outdoors.

"I want to take you somewhere." He smiles.

I cross my arms over my chest, narrowing my gaze on him. "I am not going anywhere with you-"

"Indie? Whose at the door?" My mom calls automatically.

"No one-"

"Oh! Hi," My mom interrupts again, holding her hand out in front of Harry. He smiles and shakes her hand.

"I'm Harry, I'm Indigo's friend from school." He says.

"No he's not-"

"Cindy, whose at the door?" My dad calls.

Yes, I know my dad will go all protective father on Harry and make him leave! I smirk to myself as my parents crowd around the door.

"Whose this?" My dad eyes Harry, his eyebrow raised.

"This is Harry, Indigo's friend from school!" My mom excitedly tells my dad.

"Friend? You actually have more friends then Izzy and Tom?" My dad says shocked.

My eyes widen. "What the fu-"

"I wanted to take Indigo out for a bit today, I was hoping that would be okay?" Harry interrupts my sentence of curse words.

"Indigo never goes out, just lazes around the house!" My mom sighs, glaring at me slightly as I stand with wide eyes and my mouth agape.

"I think it would be perfectly fine, Harry. You seem like a responsible young man," my dad nods and practically pushes me out the front door.

"Have fun, kids!" My mom chirps and they close the door.

"Well, that was easy." Harry smirks, his hands in the front pockets of his skinny jeans.

"Oh look, a human 'that was easy' button." I grumble and stomp over to his car. I hear him chuckle and he unlocks the car, then opens the door for me. I climb into the passenger seat and he closes the door for me, I look in the mirror of the car and cringe at my rats nest hair, sleep face and my pj top and bottom.

Harry slides into the car next to me, closes his door and smiles at me. "Where do you want to go?"

I gape at him. "Are you shitting me?"

"No?" He laughs.

"Wait, let me get this straight. You come here at ten am on a Saturday, wake me up, drag me outside and now you don't even know where to go?"

"Pretty much." He smiles.

I shake my head, already done with this guy. "Let's go to Barnes and Nobles."

"Alright." He nods, a smirk on his lips as he puts the key in and ignites the engine.

- Harry -

We get to the bookstore fairly quickly, Indigo complaining of the way she was dressed during the drive. In my opinion, she looked completely adorable. Her usual straight shoulder length hair was tangled and curly. Her face was makeup free and pure beauty.

I follow Indigo has she walks through the shelves of books in the rather large store. She grabs a book and I just pick a random one off the shelf before following her to an empty corner in the store. She sits down and leans her back against the wall. She cracks open the book and immediately is swallowed into the words.

I watch Indigo as she reads the book, her brows pulled together as her eyes take in every ink spot on the pages. Her knees were pressed together as the book rested against her thighs, one hand holding the book while the other was on her neck.

It felt like time had been stopped as I watched her mindlessly, at least until she rose her head and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"You're interesting to watch while reading, it's very beautiful." I shrug and her face instantly flushes and she mumbles for me to just read. I pick up the book that rested in my lap and read the title, which was After. (A/N: do not comment shit if you dont like the book, i dont care i will delete your comments if so.)

I had grabbed a romance novel, great. I open the book anyways and begin reading, almost instantly being sucked into the story of this girl named Tessa and this guy named Hardin.

"Harry?" Indigo's voice pulls me from the book and I look up to see her own book closed.

"What's wrong?"

"In all honesty, my butt is numb." She laughs.

"Let's go buy the books and then some lunch, yeah?" I offer, standing up.

She nods and we walk over to the cashier line, where an elderly man was checking out before us. I buy her two books and After for myself, actually curious for what it has to hold.

I hand her the bag and we walk to my car, where I opened the door for her again. I get into the car and start up the engine. "What do you want for lunch? I know there's a Cafe Express nearby-"

"McDonald's." She answers, and I look over to see her already reading again.

I smile. "McDonald's it is."

-

"Indigo, what do you want?" I ask her after I had put in my order in the drive-thru at McDonald's.

"Quarter pounder with cheese, large fries and a medium sweet tea please." She answers automatically, never once looking up from her book.

I repeat the order to the mic and the person gives me the price. I give her the exact cash and then pull up to get our food. A guy hand me the food and drinks, to which I thank him and then speed out of the lot.

She finally puts her book away and begins to eat her fries first. "Hey Harry."

I look over and see her with fries stuffed into her mouth, three poking out between her lips, and she has my sandwich in her hand. I laugh, shaking my head and my hand on my forehead.

"I'll eat mine in a bit." I laugh.

She shrugs and puts the burger back into the bag before munching away on more food.

-

By the time we reached her house, she had finished off everything. I noticed her stealing sips from my drink every so often, but I didn't mind. She was too cute to say no to, honestly.

I pull into her driveway at four pm, Wait for Me by Kings of Leon playing softly on the radio. Indigo grabs her books and trash, unbuckling but turns to face me in the car.

"I actually had a good time today, Harry." She says.

"I did too." I smile.

"I've also read the After series, you should tell me what you think of it when you finish." Indigo says.

"Can I get your number then?" I smirk.

"Why? No?"

"So I can talk to you about it? And I can just get it from Tom or Izzy if I need to," I shrug, smiling.

She sighs in defeat. "I hate that you're right."

I hand her my phone and she puts in her number, then I for her. "Thanks for today, Harry." She smiles then gets out of the car and into her house.

-

Indie: did u finish the book?

Me: no shh

Me: its only been 2 hours and im on ch. 36

Indie: >_>

Indie: <_<

Indie: rood

Me: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

-

I end up finishing the book at two thirty am. Freaking out, I grab my phone and rapidly spam Indigo.

Me: INDIIEINEFIW

Me: WWTF AS THAT ENDING

Me: WFKJWFEFHEIWHFOWEIURFHIEUFR I CANNOT EVEN

Me: WTH

Me: I

Me: N

Me: D

Me: I

Indie☺: calm your tits, Styles

Me: you just

Me: you ruined it

Indie☺: oops?

Me: :(

Indie☺: what did you think of the book?

Me: amazing incredible i sjafjdhafhsduifhw

Indie☺: I have the rest of the series......

Me: ohmygod

Indie☺: you can come get the second book and borrow it tomorrow

I immediately get up and run out the house to my car. It starts up and I drive to Indigo's place.

A/N:

helllooooo!

So here's another update bc why not?

I really love this story as cliche as it is, and I honestly never thought so many people would end up liking it. But you guys do *snoopy happy dance*

I think the next chapter will be short but its going to be v important so *thumbs up*

Please take a moment to vote/comment on this chapter if you guys liked this update! Let me know of your thoughts on the book so far and what you think will happen next :) [please? im having a bad day :( ]

check out my new story called Escape and vote/comment what you think of it on that book!

I love you guys!

- Jen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 318 18
You typical school story. Popular meets mystery. What happens when their assignment requires them to be chained together? Harry's unease makes it di...
48.6K 1.7K 9
At first Louis didn't mean to intrude but now he enjoys coming into Harry's lectures. Especially when half the class is in love with his hot husband...
20.1K 284 54
I'm Willow Anne McQueen....age 20 and a fashion designer......my life was perfect when it came to luxuries and a happy family......but I had a little...
974K 34.7K 41
"You think you can come onto my field and talk to me like you own this place?" He yells and I see a couple figures jump from his reaction, and I don'...