Friends (Camren)

By roxkvato

Friends don't love me like you do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A Final Word

Chapter 16

8.4K 166 87
By roxkvato

Lauren's P.O.V.

Waking up to Camila was something I'm certain I'd never get used to. The way her face sat unmoving made her seem fragile, like the softest touch could awaken her instantly. I still couldn't believe that she was my girlfriend. She was finally mine.

Memories of the night before flashed through my mind. The cotton candy clouds, the picnic, the walk back, and even the things that occurred after that. When I realized what she had seen , I thought that Camila was going to be angry. I thought that she would be disgusted by me and want nothing to do with me, but the smaller girl responded with love. Her words surprised me, and even through my tears, she knew exactly what to say.

I glanced over at my phone for the first time since yesterday morning, looking at the time. It was almost noon, the latest I've slept in years, but I guess being with Camila sparked a sort of peace in me.

When I turned back around to face the smaller girl, her eyelids were fluttering open. I smiled at her, unable to suppress how I felt towards the girl.

"Why are you always awake before me?" she grumbled sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

"Maybe you should try waking up before noon. It's actually quite satisfying." I chuckled, not admitting that I had actually only woken up moments before.

"It's our last day here. I don't wan to leave, I want to live here with you forever. I don't want to have to go back to school and deal with all the judgmental people and school work. I just want to stay here with you." Camila confessed, reaching for my hand.

"Wow Camz, you are tired." I laughed out, unsure if I believe the girl's words or not.

"No I'm serious, Lauren. Everything is so much better here with you." she repeated.

I thought about this for a moment. I thought about what it would be like to be with Camila, and honestly, I couldn't picture myself with anyone else. I thought about how I would answer before I finally replied.

"I'd want to stay with you forever too." I answered honestly.

"So what do you want to do today?" she asked sleepily, cuddling into my side.

"Whatever you want... I mean you know this place better than I do. What is there to do?" I replied.

"Well actually, we've pretty much done everything there is to do here. We might as well just stay in...but that would be boring.." she stated, insecurity in her voice.

I didn't care if we stayed in all day to be honest. I loved being lazy just as much as I loved going out and doing stuff. Camila was obviously exhausted from the stress of yesterday in addition to the walk up the mountain and the...close sexual encounter...if that's what you want to call it.

"Camz, it won't be boring, we can stay here. I don't feel like getting ready anyway so a lazy day sounds nice. Plus we deserve it, we start school again on Monday." I assured her.

"Okay..." she said, still a bit unsure, "but I'm still making us breakfast...if cereal counts as breakfast." she smirked, causing me to laugh in response.

Unexpectedly, she grabbed my hand and pulled me off of the bed, quickly leading me to the kitchen where she grabbed two bowls, a box of Lucky Charms, and milk.

"Someone's eager for their daily dose of sugary cereal." I said, laughing at the smaller girl.

"Everyone should be. I mean Lucky Charms are magically delicious." she said dramatically, making a rainbow with her hands.

She set the table with the bowls and cereal and plopped down across the table from me. By the time I had poured the milk in my cereal, Camila was already finished with her first bowl and going for seconds.

"Camz baby, slow down, you're gonna get sick." I chuckled as a drop of milk dribbled down her chin.

She reached for a napkin to wipe her face and laughed at herself. She then began eating her second bowl and a regular pace instead of the hurried pace she was eating at before.

When we had finished cleaning up, we settled on the couch in front of the T.V.

"Lauren, will you sing for me?" she asked.

I was taken aback by the question. Sure, Camila had heard me sing, but she had never asked me to really sing for her. No one had ever really asked me to sing for them. It would have been an understatement to say that I was nervous to sing to Lauren alone, but I couldn't say no to her while she was looking at me like that; like I was the most precious person in he world.

"I'm going to get something to drink." I answered, attempting to avoid her request, but I knew she would make me do it anyway.

I released myself from her hold and walked to the refrigerator to get some water. When I turned around, the smaller girl was directly behind me, startling me slightly.

"Now will you sing for me?" she asked again, noting the bottle of water in my hand.

"Camz...I'm not even that good." I avoided, averting my eyes away from her pleading gaze.

"Pleeeease, Lolo. Just one song. Sing anything you want." she begged, lifting my entire body up onto the counter and positioning her body in between my legs.

I definitely didn't expect her to be able to pick up my entire body that easily, in fact I wasn't expecting the gesture at all. Camila was just surprising me today, but I wasn't complaining. But with her in this position, there was really no possible way I could decline her request any longer.

"Fine. I'll sing, but just one song. That's it." I finally agreed nervously.

"Yes!" Camila exclaimed enthusiastically, kissing my cheek and emitting a blush from me in the process.

"Is it okay if I sing you something original? I've only written a few songs because I couldn't even write anything before I met you. The first song I ever wrote was 'Friends,' but this one is a little happier... Well not really but....whatever." I stuttered, running my fingers through my hair; a gesture that had become a bad habit.

"Lauren, you can sing whatever you want. I just want to hear your voice. It's really beautiful. I'm, like, 99% sure that your vocal chords were crafted by the blades of Jesus." Camila explained, letting herself laugh at her last sentence.

"Whatever, I'm not that good but okay. So do you just want me to, like, sing here...without music or anything?" I questioned.

"Duh, Lauren. I want to hear your voice without the distraction of instruments and stuff. Plus I'm excited to hear something that you actually wrote." she smiled.

I was incredibly nervous to sing my song to Camila. I wrote this song after we kissed for the first time because I was sure it was just a part of my delusional fantasies. A part of my own imagination. It was everything I wanted to tell Camila, but everything my mouth wouldn't let me say to her. The brown eyed girl looked at me in anticipation. I took a deep breath and let the lyrics of the song consume my thoughts. Closing my eyes, I let the first note release from my lips.

Oh, there she goes again,

Every morning it's the same,

You walk on by my house,

I wanna call out your name.

I want to tell you how beautiful you are from where I'm standing,

You got me thinking what we could be 'cause

I keep craving, craving, you don't know it but it's true,

Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you.

This is typical of love,

Can't wait anymore, I won't wait I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever.

Camila grabbed my hand and pulled me off of the counter top. I was confused, so I stopped singing for a moment, afraid that my voice was completely horrid. Camila explained her intentions quickly though.

"No, keep singing. Dance with me." she explained, placing her hands on my waist and pulling mine around her neck.

My heart beat began to increase, but I pushed myself to continue to the chorus.

In my dreams you're with me

We'll be everything I want us to be

And from there, who knows, maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time,

Or is that just me and my imagination.

We walk, we laugh, we spend our time walking by the ocean side

Our hands are gently intertwined

A feeling I just can't describe,

The brown eyed girl intertwined our fingers at the lyric, emitting a cheeky smile from me.

All this time we spent alone, thinking we could not belong to something so damn beautiful,

So damn beautiful.

I keep craving, craving, you don't know it, but it's true

Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you.

This is typical of love

Can't wait anymore, I won't wait I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever.

In my dreams, you're with me

We'll be everything I want us to be

And from there, who knows, maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time,

Or is that just me and my imagination.

As the song slowed down into the last verse, Camila spun me in a circle and then rested her forehead against mine, our bodies swaying in a slow motion.

I keep craving, craving, you don't know it, but it's true

Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you.

I held the final note out, my heart still beating at an incredibly fast rate, Camila's short breaths hitting my face.
"Lauren, did you really write that?" she asked in awe.

"Um...yeah. After we kissed..for the first time." I answered, my voice shaking.

"That was beautiful." she stated, calming my nerves a bit.

The song was still very much relevant to my current emotions. It was hard to believe that these things were happening to me in the real world as opposed to my imagination. I daydreamed about Camila finally being mine for months, but I never believed that it would actually happen.

"It wasn't that good." I self depreciated.

It's not that I thought it was bad, but I didn't think it was as good as Camila had made it out to be. She always made me feel like everything I did was the most miraculous thing she'd ever seen, but I, being super insecure, rarely took her amazement to heart.

"Shut up, Lauren. It was amazing. Don't argue with me." she insisted.

She took her hand to grip the back of my neck and pulled my lips into hers gently. She pressed our lips together firmly for a meaningful kiss. My heart began to race like it always did, and the never ceasing butterflies fluttered like a tornado in my stomach.

I was completely shocked when I heard a little voice on the other side of the room.

"Camila! Can I stay with you guys today?"

Camila pushed away almost immediately, also startled by the voice.

"Sofi...um, hey. What are you doing in here?" Camila stuttered out, completely thrown off by her little sister who had showed up in our cabin unannounced.

-
Camila's P.O.V.

I would never understand why Lauren was so insecure. Everything about her was perfect. She had just sang me the most beautiful song that she had written, and she didn't even believe that was good. With each note I melted like putty in her hands, and she still didn't understand the effect she had on me.

I tried to prove how much I appreciated the simple act of singing for me with a kiss, because my words weren't on my side at that point, but when I heard my little sister's voice in my cabin while I was kissing my girlfriend, I had no idea what I was going to say.

"Camila! Can I stay with you guys today?" I heard her ask in an innocent voice.

I pushed away from Lauren on instinct, but I wasn't sure how I planned on explaining this to my little sister.

"Sofi...um, hey. What are you doing here?" I asked, still trying to recover from the surprise.

"I don't know, I was just bored and mommy said I could come see if you guys were doing anything fun. She said we could play outside or we could play hide and seek or pretend to live in castles. I've always wanted to be a princess." the smaller girl rambled on.

"Sure, yeah Sofi. You can be a princess. Lauren and I will play whatever you want." I answered. I was hoping that she hadn't seen our interaction, but there was no telling how long she had been standing in our cabin before she said something.

Sofi made her way over to the kitchen where Lauren and I were standing and shifted get attention to the taller girl beside me.

"Were you kissing my sister?" she asked, almost humorously.

Lauren looked at Sofi in shock, unsure as what to say. She looked at me, pleading to me with her eyes for assistance. I simply nodded because there really was no reason to hide this from my younger sibling.

"Yeah..I was." Lauren nodded uncomfortably.

Despite the green eyed girl's uncomfortable expression, my sister simply smiled at Lauren.

She looked at me, looked back at Lauren, and then back at me again.

"Like mommy and daddy kiss?" she asked.

"Yes, like mommy and daddy kiss. How do you feel about that?" I questioned the smaller girl.

"That's okay with me I guess. Only if Lauren is nice to you though. I don't want you to kiss anyone mean." she answered, frowning at the thought.

"Sofi, Lauren is very nice. She'll even be nice to you! She likes to play princess too. Is it alright if she plays with us?" I said, laughing slightly at my sister's protective nature.

"Yeah! You guys can be the king and the queen, and I'll be the fairy. I've always wanted to be a fairy." she smiled, not phased by the newfound information, "do you guys love each other?" Sofi asked.

The younger girl was always full of questions.

"We love each other very much." I nodded down, confirming her curiosity.

"Do you love each other like mommy and daddy love each other? Are you in love? Like princes and princesses are in love?" she questioned, her eyebrows scrunching up, obviously trying to figure us out.

Damn. I want expecting that one. Of course I was in love with Lauren. I had fallen so hard for Lauren in the past few weeks that I didn't even know if I believed my own emotions, but I sure as hell wasn't ready to tell her that.

I looked at Lauren, unsure how to answer the younger girl's never ending stream of questions. Lauren seemed to be surprised by the question also, because she made no move to try and give my sister an answer either.

Thankfully, Sofi's short attention span got the best of her and, completely forgetting that she had asked us a question, she ran to the opposite side of the room to begin her game of being a fairy.

"Lauren, you can be the princess, and Camila has to be the prince. I'll have to sprinkle magic fairy dust in your eyes to make you fall in love with Prince Camila. You guys have to get married to save Butterly Fairy Queen land!" she finalized, waving her hands around like a fairy would.

And that's what we did. The three of us trotted around the cabin like we were in some sort of fantasy land, just as Sofi had wanted. When we had finally finished, and me and Lauren were getting "married," Sofi surprised me once again.

"You may now kiss your bride!" she exclaimed excitedly.

I leaned in and planted a soft kiss agains Lauren's cheek.

"No like a real kiss, Camila. You can't save Butterfly Queen Land with a kiss on the cheek! Then you're not really married!" she said in an obvious tone.

I looked at the green eyed girl across from me, trying to come up with some sort of response. I was completely lost as what to do, when Lauren leaned in and placed a soft, brief kiss against my lips. I felt my cheeks blush at the affection we had shown in front of my little sister, but it seemed to be exactly what she wanted.

"Yay! You guys saved Butterfly Queen Land. We did it!" she shrieked, causing Lauren and I to burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"Sissy, what time is it?" Sofi asked.

None of us were aware, but we had been fantasizing about "Butterfly Queen Land" for hours now. I was surprised to see that it was almost 5 o'clock already.

"It's almost 5, princess. Why?" I answered.

"Mommy said I had to be back over there by dinner time...so I guess I have to go." she explained sadly.

Much to my surprise, Lauren replied to the sad tone.

"It's okay, cutie. We can do this again anytime you want, okay?" she told my sister, sitting on her knees so that they were on the same level.

"Okay, Princess Lauren. We can take over the world next time!" she screamed, grinning cheekily.

Sofi tackled Lauren in a bear hug, making Lauren fall back into her back, both of them laughing.

The way the two girls interacted made my heart flutter. I didn't know she was good with kids. God, I didn't need to be thinking about kids, Lauren and I had just become something yesterday.

"I'll see you tomorrow, sissy." Sofi said, wrapping her arms around my legs.

"Early in the morning, Butterfly Queen 1." I replied, rubbing the top of her head.

My sister skipped out of the cabin, clearly satisfied with today's adventure, and left Lauren and I in the cabin alone again.

"Lauren, I had no idea you were good with kids." I said.

"I had no idea either?" she half asked half stated.

"Well Sofi loved you, and she's usually extremely shy. I mean it even took her a few weeks to warm up to Dinah." I laughed out.

"Really? But Dinah is so easy to get along with..." she trailed off.

"Exactly..." I answered, "I guess that's a good sign."

"I mean... I guess." she said, blushing.

"I'm sorry we had to do that all day. I'm sure you would have rather done something else, but thank you anyway. She really enjoyed it." I said sincerely.

"No Camz, she's literally so cute. Plus, we didn't have anything planned for today anyway! It's totally fine." Lauren said easily.

"Wait, Lauren. You do realize we can still do something, right? Anything you want. It won't be dark for hours!" I realized.

I could see the green eyed girl sink into her thoughts, trying to decide what we could do.

"Wait, Camz. Could we go back to your spot? I want to see it again." she finally decided on.

"Of course, Lolo." I answered grabbing her hand and leading her out the door.
It was a refreshing feeling, being here with Lauren, and admittedly, I was upset about having to leave here tomorrow. I led her to the spot where I had asked her to be my girlfriend just yesterday.

Today the sky was purple as opposed to the pink shade it was the day before, but the area still carried the same meaning. We sat on the floor of the mountain, Lauren siting behind me with her arms wrapped around my torso. It was a comforting feeling to be here with her, and if I could stay here with her forever, that's what I would choose to do.

We sat in silence, watching the clouds shift to different areas of the sky. Neither of us cared that the sun was quickly falling behind the clouds, darkness overtaking the view. We sat until the black sky was filled with bright stars.

"It's beautiful isn't it. The stars. We never get to see this in the city. I always sit here on the last day and just watch them. It's so quiet here, peaceful." I finally said, breaking the silence.

"It is beautiful, Camz. Like you." she smiled into my hair.

I felt her stomach against my back as I laughed at the comment.

"I guess we should go back. It's probably late." I explained, rising above Lauren and then reaching my hand down to help her up.

She took it easily, refusing to let it go on our walk back to the cabin.

Thankfully, I had thought to bring a flashlight this time.

We walked back to the cabin silently, both of us engulfed in our own thoughts of the events of this week. Knowing it was over sparked a certain sadness in me that I couldn't pinpoint.

"Thank you for taking me this week. Thank you for everything. It's a week that I'll never forget, Camz." Lauren said, kissing my temple.

"I wouldn't have wanted to be with anyone else." I smiled back, turning to face her.

I took both of her hands in mine and placed a gentle kiss on her lips, letting them linger there before I pulled her into our room.

Lauren and I got ready for bed still surrounded by silence, and finally fell asleep in each other's arms for the last time this week, completely oblivious to the events that would soon come for us.
___________________________
Jesus Christ it took me 8 years to update I'm so sorry. I have exams and a play going on and I haven't had a lot of time to write, but I will start updating more frequently over the summer. Also, I know this chapter was kind of boring, but the story will start picking up again soon I promise. OH AND THANK YOU ALL FOR 13K READS THATS SUPER RAD TOO.
I love you guys, don't forget to comment, vote, and share. 💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.4K 2.1K 25
This isn't my story. Credits to @5hfanfiction on Tumblr
293K 6.2K 39
One of the hardest things to deal with is being secretly in love with your best friend.
370K 11.8K 23
love might not be enough to conquer everything life throws at you cover by @slothtato
319K 12K 31
// you don't really know how much someone cares until they don't. //