Temporary Affair (slow update...

By KvngIvyy

Formerly titled "dear you" ______ 32, Tremaine Maverick needed help around his office. Especially after his... More

c a s t
one | dose of caffeine
two | shell shocked
three | lack of better words (filter)
four | takin' shots
five | stylish trickster
six | the who's who.. pt1
seven | the who's who.. pt 2
eight | certain circumstances
ten | friendly invitation pt 2
eleven | clashing
twelve | up in the air pt 1
thirteen | up in the air pt 2
fourteen | livin' it up [filter]
fifteen | a amorous proposition
sixteen | deal breaker pt 1 (filter)
seventeen| deal breaker pt 2
eighteen | checkmate
nineteen | know your worth
twenty | peace offerings
twenty one | pushing thee blame (filter)
twenty two | leftovers
twenty three | truth be told pt 1
twenty four | truth be told pt 2
twenty five | night cap
twenty six | all night long
twenty seven | risqué
twenty eight | hide & seek
twenty nine | back to square one
thirty | take notice
thirty one | private show pt 1
thirty two | private show pt 2
thirty three | shot caller (filter)
thirty four | getaway
thirty five | foolish tiff
thirty six | an us-ship
thirty seven | doing a good deed
thirty eight | date night pt1
thirty nine | date night pt2
forty| date night pt 3
forty one | opening up [short]
forty two | making it official
forty three | anticipation
forty four| taking chances pt 1
forty five | taking chances pt 2 (new)
forty six | uninvited guest (new)
forty seven| bringing out the best (new)
forty eight | rich $hit pt 1
forty nine | rich $hit pt 2
fifty | vacay mode
fifty one | airing it out
fifty two | in the moment (short)
fifty three - on the table
fifty four - setting the record straight
🖤
fifty five - not so alone (filter)
fifty six - in your arms (filter)
fifty seven - finding forgiveness
fifty eight - moments with you pt 1(filler)
fifty nine - moments with you pt 2
sixty - all about you
sixty one | lover's den pt 1

nine | friendly invitation pt 1

1.7K 195 60
By KvngIvyy

A couple months later ..

Tremaine tucked his hands in his dress pants pockets, as he leaned against the left side of thee doorframe of Stevie's office. "It's almost midnight. Shouldn't you be heading home?" He inquired pulling his left arm up to check the watch on his wrist.

Stevie looked up shocked to see him standing there. Smiling lightly she relaxed her back against her chair. "Oh.. it's that late? Damn, I completely lost track of time. I was just finishing up sorting your emails into the correct folders. And great, I'm late for drink's, shit!" Standing from her seat she started gathering her items and thing's to depart from her work space.

Grabbing the dark colored blazer up. She adjusted it on her body, before pulling her hair out from around thee collar of it. "Hmm," She yanked up the matching purse and her cellphone from her desk.

Tremaine stepped out of the doorway back into the lobby to give her room. Stevie drug the door closed behind her locking it. "Whew, it's the weekend, I'm going to enjoy it! I am going to enjoy it aren't I?" Stevie cut her eyes in Tremaine's direction, as thee two of them strolled the short hallway together.

Tremaine shrugged. "Maybe... Maybe not I have to check my calendar," He laughed to himself.

Stevie smacked her lips laughing. "Yeah whatever I make your calendars, pal! You won't need me at all for the next two days. I made sure of it. So that means don't call my damn phone!" She flopped her wrist continuing towards the elevators.

"Yeah okay goodnight Ms. Calhoun, see you Monday morning," He moved to enter his office. Cracking the door behind himself, he moved over to his desk to sit down.

Stevie appeared in the doorway of his office, pushing the door back open. "You don't have any plans for the weekend?" She questioned fixing her bag on her shoulder.

Tremaine shook his head as he looked over from his computer screen. "Uh.. Nah, actually I don't I usually work late on the weekends, so I'll be here until one or two, then I'll.. Head home," He shrugged.

Stevie nodded toying with the group of gold bangles she'd slipped onto her wrist. "Oh.. okay well goodnight," She told him as she turned on her heels to walk away from the door. But stopped spinning back around. "Wanna go get drinks with me at Duckies? Well not just me. It's a few friend's of mine and my sister Cass. We usually go get a round of drinks, maybe some wings, share a couple laughs. You're more than welcome to join," She suggested with a smile.

Tremaine shook his head. "Oh nah I don't want to invade in your personal life, besides I don't think you want to be bothered with me off the clock--" He laughed lowly. "I'm cool, go, go have fun. But I appreciate it though,"

Stevie laughed getting the gold hoops into her ears. "I think I can tolerate you for a couple more hours, c'mon, it'll be fun. You need to loosen up. It's been a long week. Look just come and drink at least a beer then you can go?" She bargained.

Tremaine thought about, going out beats staying there working truthfully, or going home to be even more bored, besides, he needed to have a little fun for a change. He'd been overworking himself the past couple days to finish thee proposal for his company. Shrugging he gave a quick grin toward her. "Alright cool I could use a beer, sure," Standing up he grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair as he moved around his desk towards Stevie.

Tremaine locked and shut his office door, before him and Stevie strolled together towards the elevators.

"Might want to take off that tie...And, loosen some of those buttons, Mr. Maverick, they don't have valet parking at Duckies,"

Tremaine smacked his lips laughing. "Fuck is that s'pose to mean? If you don't want me to go just say that,"

Stevie cracked up. "No I'm just saying, well, what I meant to say was.. You're all uppity and high maintenance. So a place like Duckies might be too, ghetto, for your kind," She whispering in a taunting tone.

Tremaine eyed her from the side. "Uppity?" He repeated her words rather offended. As he slowly loosened his tie to remove it from around his neck. "High maintenance.. Wow,"  Laughing deeply. "I... Think you're getting me mistaken with someone else. Is it the suit?"

"No, no, I didn't mean to offend you," 

"I'm not offended I'm amused. I know you see the watch, the suits and shit Ms. Calhoun? But I wasn't always this way, and Duckies?" He leaned over closer to her ear. "Have the best fuckin' wings ever,"

"Nah that shit is crazy, I haven't took the train in years! Almost forget how bad that shit was, shorty started stripping outta' nowhere, like why ya' tittie's out, ma," Tremaine voiced laughing as him and Stevie climbed the stairs up to the sidewalk.

Stevie rolled her eyes. "Yeah? Well everybody doesn't have the luxury of a driver. That's the only means of transportation some people have," Stevie brushed his shoulder moving passed him as she jogged up the rest of thee stairs to the top.

Tremaine picked up his speed up the stairs to catch up with her. "Stevie hol' up a minute," He yelled out, pushing through a few people who were headed for the subway.

"Cuse'me," He made it through the group, jogging across the street. He raced down the sidewalk to catch up with her.

"Whew--" He huffed. "I guess this my wake-up call to get back in the gym, I'm tired just from that lil' jog," He laughed grabbing the top of the door as Stevie opened it to walk inside.

"No, the correct thing would be is that you're pampered, Tremaine. I'm way heavier than you, I'm not tired. You're just used to having it easy is all. Your elevators, your driver waiting to scoop you up, me, your assistant,"

"I think you invited me out to bully me, is that what is is? Because I'm not understanding thee insults against my character didn't we both agree to stop?"

Stevie looked back at him as he followed her through the crowded bar. "My finger's were crossed, so," She joked as thee two of them laughed.

"Don't murder me, I know, I'm sorry I'm late. Time got ahead of me. Hi my loves," Stevie approached the far end of the lengthy bar, moving down the stools, she shared a quick hug and kiss on the cheek with all five individuals seated.

Moving away she laughed. "Hey asshole, stop using my damn card. The next time you buy some sneakers with my shit, Cassidy Lynn Calhoun? I'm going to whoop your ass, with a belt! Then call the police on you--" Stevie wrapped her arm around her little sister's neck, pulling her away from where she stood a few steps away playing darts.

"I couldn't find mine," She laughed as the two reached the bar. "And you won't because you love me, at least I'm not scamming, ya'know because I could be,"

"Whatever," Stevie pushed her.

"It's fine, though, we figured the melanin Grinch kept you late filing his fucking taxes--" Ari announced to Stevie causing their other friends to laugh.

"That's a good one, melanin Grinch. I got a better one, the brown sugar scrooge? Ha!" Myles, Ari's husband chimed in. Slapping fives with him the friends snickered.

Stevie cleared her throat. "Uh um!" Stevie clicked her tongue as she cleared her throat again. "Uh um.. Guys--"

Leah rolled her eyes smiling. "Girl do you need some water? What's wrong, you in a bad mood tonight? What did mocha mad max do? Because you're usually the first to talk shit about your fine ass, mean ass, boss,"

Stevie sighed fluttering her eyes. "Guys, I'd like to introduce you to Tremaine Maverick--" She pointed to Tremaine as he stood behind them listening to their insults.

All five of her friends turned on their stools to look behind them at Tremaine. Each of their eyes widened with surprise.

She continued. "-- My boss,"
___________________________________

Update

Finished it up on my phone at work just for y'all!!! Enjoy it! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540 56 24
"You can't deny everything just like that" I screamed at the boy I once thought loved me as tears welled up in my eyes, "Well watch me" he said casua...
2.1M 44.2K 54
[WARNING - EXPLICIT CONTENT] I tried getting out of his hold, but he had more strength in his finger than I had in my body. He flipped me over until...
626 11 5
Your favorite couple is back. After filing for divorce Stephanie decides it's time to move on with her life. With her brother, Lance Carmichael, and...
14.7K 852 59
Sequel to More Than Enough. Please read that before reading this so that you may understand the story. ------------- Everyone is one the search for (...