Dimitri's POV in Blood Promis...

By x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

Dimitri Belikov was awakened against his will. He had turned into a Strigoi, a remorseless, blood thirsty Vam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Authors note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors note (again)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's note
Author's note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Epilogue?)
No idea what to call this part....
Spirit Bound

Chapter 11

3.2K 67 21
By x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

I left the room and headed outside, avoiding Galina. If Nathan had argued about me to her, she'd just lecture me on how I shouldn't keep a dhampir here and how I'd need to awaken Rose as soon as possible. Galina shows no emotion in any situation which looked pretty scary. The fact that it was almost impossible to tell what she was thinking or feeling made her truly terrifying. Personally, I think she enjoys being feared by many. I would be like that, with Rose along my side, feared by all; the strongest of the strong.

I exited the building, I wanted to feed. Being close to Rose had been tempting. I wanted to feed from her, but I couldn't do that. Not yet. I'm surprised I was even able to hold back from biting her, her blood smelt so good.

I ran to the city, taking my usual path. I felt like I hadn't fed in ages. I've never craved dhampir blood as much as I did for Rose's blood. Moroi blood had always tasted better, their blood was sweeter than dhampirs or humans. Dhampirs had slightly sweeter blood than humans, I believe it is because dhampirs are half moroi. We strigoi wanted, no, needed moroi blood to survive. Somehow, I had felt like I needed Rose's blood to survive. I snapped out of my daze and realised I had arrived. I smirked, cruelly before I swiftly entered.

Loud music filled the club, almost deafening to us strigoi. Bodies swayed from side to side around the room clumsily as they danced to the music. The strong stench of alcohol was in the air. Both humans and strigoi were present but it was obvious to tell from the two. Humans were the clumsy ones whilst the strigoi were quiet and watchful. Not to mention the red eyes and stark white skin. For humans, Strigoi eyes would look different due to the coloured lights. But to other Strigoi, with their sharpened senses, knew better.

Impatiently, I pushed through the crowd, frustration hit be like a storm. Anger suddenly bubbled in me which lead to confusion. What was happening to me? I pushed my emotions away and grabbed a victim at random and looked at them in the eye.

"Don't be afraid of me." I whispered.

She simply stared. Confusion muddled with fear lingered in her eyes before vanishing. Then she smiled, her terror now forgotten. The girl had dark green eyes that shone like emeralds, her eyes had glazed over and her expression was blank; compulsion did this to the victims under its influence. Her hair was golden even in such a dark room. Her locks, curled and styled, just went past her shoulders. She wore a dark blue low neck dress that shone like sapphire, her dress was tight, showing off her curves. She was beautiful, and by the way she dressed she knew it too. But her youth won't help her in the afterlife.

Swiftly, I grabbed her arm, with my strigoi speed, I led her outside in a blur to a quieter part of the area. She looked startled but remained silent and relaxed. Unafraid. Without warning, I leaned into her neck tore into her neck. The rush of blood down my throat was refreshing, tasting sweet as usual but not very satisfying. I pulled away, masking my shock as I looked at the girl. She simply stared wordlessly. Her eyes bright, face relaxed and expression blissful.

This was strange. I'd usually feel happy, more content when feeding. I'd usually enjoy feeding like some humans enjoy food but now it was like feeding to me was a necessity, not something to savour. Like when humans breathe. I mentally shook my head and looked at the girl for the last time. My eyes slowly trailed down to her neck; where I had bitten before. Hesitantly, my mouth went back to her neck as I began to drink again.

I let go of the corpse and took a step back. Slowly, I wiped my mouth with the back of my sleeve. I hid the body behind a large garbage can to buy me sometime before anyone discovers the body. From behind me I heard another sound, that seemed to slice through the air. Only a strigoi would be able to detect a quiet sound like that; it would be too quiet for any other humans to hear. Swiftly I spun round and caught what was about to hit me, with my other hand, which happened to be a stake that was only inches away from my heart. It was a stake. A silver stake.

I dropped the weapon, howling in agony as the silver had damaged my hand. I kicked the stake away with the heel of my boot to prevent it from doing any more damage. My eyes shot up to the direction of where the stake had come from. Three humans stood, staring fearlessly. Humans? Why would humans interfere like this with a strigoi. No they weren't humans, they were dhampirs.

I returned the stare, eyes blazing in both fury and annoyance. They had hurt me, and tried to kill me. Try is only what they could do but they won't make it out of here alive. I noticed something else too that, all three dhampirs were pretty young which meant that they aren't qualified guardians. They looked sixteen or seventeen. It's a shame, they'll just have to die so young.

One of them, a guy, lunged at me armed with just a stake. Did I have to mention it was silver? I grabbed his wrist tightly, forcing him to drop it. The weapon hit the floor, I forcefully kicked it away whilst twisting his arm behind him and kicking him in the back. I could have killed all three of them in seconds, but realised I needed this. I needed a distraction, something fun to do for once. Plus, they deserve to die painfully, a quick death was just too merciful.

Cautious and firm, the other two dhampirs charged for their attack. I landed a hard blow in his face and grabbed the other one. My fist clutched the collar of his shirt as I shoved him against the wall. He went pale, glaring with hate but there was also fear in his eyes which made me smile.

My hand closed around his neck and in a blur his body lay limb in my grasp, his neck at an unusual angle, mouth open and eyes lifeless. In a fluid motion, I turned and threw the body straight ahead, hitting both of them square in the chest. I had sensed their silent approach, they were both trying to catch me by surprise which was highly impossible for a strigoi, especially an ex-guardian like me, trained and qualified. Their foolish acts will be the cost of their lives.

They made an effort to push the body of their fellow comrade away, whilst shocked and disgusted. I have to give them credit for that, they witnessed their friend's murder at such a young age and they still fight. Even though they should know by now that they won't live to see tomorrow. I will of course, I'll live to see every day of eternity. I would be able to destroy anyone against me. With Roza by my side, I will be indestructible.

Dramatically, I grabbed the one closest dhampirs to me, eyes narrowed as I growled in anger. I was merely making an appearance of anger, this encounter was truly amusing. This fight seemed to ignite a fire in me that made me feel alive which is ironic since I am known to be 'undead'. The angry appearance brought a sense of fear in his face. Fear of me. I turned to the side to see the last dhampir had clumsily gotten up and he was running. For once, he was doing something smart. Running away instead of staying increased his life span by a few seconds.

Expertly, I threw the second dhampir against the far wall with a force that was more than sure that it would kill. I left the bloody mess as I went after the last dhampir. I could have let him go but where is the fun in that? I would also hate to leave unfinished.

An easy chase simply entertained us strigoi, playing with our food is always fun before feeding. Just like a predator and their prey. The predators are always the strongest and they conquer above all.

Hunting the dhampir down was just too easy. I could hunt him down in seconds blindfolded. I could hear his heavy breathing, hear his feet pounding on the floor and the loud thumping of his heart, I could smell the sweat pouring down his face but most of all I could smell the blood that pooled from a deep cut on his arm. If you ever have a strigoi on your tail and you're bleeding, well then you're doomed.

I continued to stalk him, lurking in the shadows. Fear filled his face as he looked around cautiously and then most of the fear melted and an expression of hope crossed his face. I stepped out of the shadows, posture fearsome as I looked him in the eye. Fear radiated from him in waves that seemed penetrating, almost visible.

I took two steps forward, he took two steps back. The last pieces of hope had died the moment he saw me. He held a silver stake in front of him, trying to keep distance. I ran up to him twisting his arm, he yelled in pain trying to hurt me with the stake but he ended up dropping it. A strange look crossed his face. I know that look. In a blur my hand covered his mouth and his back was up against a wall. I kept the hand on his mouth to prevent him from calling for help and giving us attention.

I looked around to see that the streets were bare. It was pretty late. I turned back to meet a pair of almost childlike blue eyes which were wide with both fear and shock. I gave him my signature smirk which seemed to amplify his fear. The feeling of sensing fear and knowing you are the one to cause it. The satisfaction and joy of being powerful, it's overwhelming. I feed on the terror I bring amongst my foes, savouring it, whilst eradicating all hopes of survival.

I leaned closer. My hand gently enclosed around his neck, which pulsed violently. My finger nails sunk deeper into his skin....

Before I ripped his throat out. He let out a sharp gasp of pain before his body stilled and he was nothing more than a corpse. The body fell to the ground with a loud thud. Dark, crimson blood sprayed out of the wound and staining its surroundings. Drinking his blood would be too merciful, he'd die in ecstasy rather than pain. That would be too kind. A painful death, even if it was a quick one, was the only mercy I could give on the boy.

An unbearable pain invaded my throat, a burning sensation that alerted my senses, I was still craving for blood. I looked back at the scene, at the darkened walls and the crimson floor. My eyes slowly traveled to the dhampir and his neck. I stared at the wound at the side of his neck and the blood that still gushed from his throat. No, I wasn't going to drink dhampir blood. Dhampir blood doesn't seem like enough. I wanted something sweeter, enchanting.

Slowly, I turned away. I scanned my surroundings for the first time. I had been so caught up in hunting the dhampir boy, I didn't bother to see where I was. We were at the quieter streets, on the outskirts of Novosibirsk. From what I've heard, the people who lived here know about the supernatural worlds. They know and fear dhampirs and moroi but most of all they fear strigoi. That was the reason why it was so calm and quiet, the people would always stay indoors at night as if it protected them (not that it did, we could rip them to shreds when and wherever we want, we're simply too good). Some of the occupants were human but most of them are dhampirs and moroi. Perfect.

I walked up to the closest house that held moroi. It's easy for us to sense moroi and dhampirs. We would be able to detect them even from a far distance, one of our predatory instincts. I pushed the door.

But I couldn't.

A strong force pushed me back, I gasped in shock.The house was protected by wards. Damn it. Wards are like barriers that are made with moroi magic which means that we can't pass through them. They are usually made to protect important places like moroi schools, the court and any other place where royals live; which means that either the moroi here are important or they're royal.

I stood motionlessly feeling both angry and impatient. What could I do? I thought back to the day when me and Rose had come to visit one of the greatest guardians for her test. I thought back to the theory we had come up with for the strigoi break-in. Would that work? From the evidence we found at the scene it was likely that they used humans to break the wards.

I didn't know this area well but I do know a place crawling with humans that happens to be nearby. I darted over to the club and in seconds I returned with a middle aged human man. His eyes were large golf balls, clearly confused by the change of setting.

"What the hell-" He spluttered in Russian before I interrupted. I forcefully turned his head so that I had eye contact.

"You will obey my every command, until you're not needed." I said in Russian. Eye contact wasn't really necessary for strigoi since we possessed a strong amount of compulsion. But his resistance may be high and I needed blood now. The smell of the dhampir boy's blood wasn't helping me either.

There will be guardians in there. This is going to be a tough challenge, even for me. I would have to be careful. Especially since I'm going to blindly attack without really knowing who I would face. Not to mention that I will fight alone.

The human opposite me merely nodded, eyes blank and expression. I walked to the bloodied corpse of the dhampir boy I had killed before. The human followed wordlessly, letting out a sharp but small gasp at the bloodied mess and the barbarity. I ignored him, turning my head and scanning the floor in search of one thing that could help me.

"Pick it up." I ordered. The man didn't hesitate as he grasped the bloodied silver stake. He lowered his head, waiting for my next instruction. I walked back to the house, the man followed like an obedient pet. What did I have to do now? I remembered something I had read about breaking wards once but it was all vague. It'll be worth the try.

Stealthily, I examined the house. The ward was stronger at the windows and doors, there really was no weaknesses from the wards. I sighed and decided to try the front door.

"I need you to stab the stake here," I indicated the area making sure he understood. "pointed side first, obviously." I stated. He nodded meekly and did what he was told.

There was a sudden burst of light which hurt my sensitive eyes. I looked away, muttering curses. The light suddenly vanished, as quick as it arrived. It all happened so quickly, like the burst of a malfunctioning light bulb. We were silent for a few seconds until I slowly moved to the door. I hesitated before I broke the lock, opened the door and took a step in.

And finding that it worked. I was in the house. "Your work here is done." I approved. I ran up at him and in seconds the lifeless body of the man lay in front of me; his eyes wide and neck turned to at an unnatural angle. I turned away, an evil smirk crossed my face at the thought of how much fun this was going to be. I searched his pockets, finding a tonne of cash which I stuffed into my own pockets. Galina had ordered me before, to bring back cash, this should please her for now.

I closed the door behind me, scanning my surroundings. My improved sight enabled me to see in the dark but it's also makes my sight very sensitive to day light. I walked forward slowly, creeping up the stairs in silence. Its more likely that the guardians in the house would be in the rooms closest to the stair case. In that way, they could be quicker at attending any threat to the moroi. Eliminating the dhampirs would be the best option. Destroying the defence system would mean that the moroi would have no way to protect them. Except their magic, which they refused to use against us.

I could kill the guardians and feed of the moroi in complete silence. Kill them stealthily and end things quickly. But in my famished state, it seemed almost impossible. But I was reckless, and strong willed. And I'm certainly not going to die, now that I finally have Rose.

I kicked the closest bedroom door open, stepping in. The white door, hit the wall behind it with a large bang, enough to wake everyone up: including the man occupying the bed. He shot up stunned for about a millisecond before he rushed to his feet, grabbed the weapon on the bedside table and held it in front of him. He charged up at me attempting to stake me. I dodged, grabbing his arm, the one with the stake, and twisted it behind him. He yelled in pain, but still clutched the only chance of him living.

I kicked the back of his leg, forcing him to rest on his knees. My hand carefully but quickly moved to his wrist squeezing it tightly.

"Drop the stake" I ordered in Russian, speaking in a low tone. He ignored me and continued to struggle escaping. I sighed and squeezed harder, crushing his wrist. I loosened my grip, smirking at his shocked and pained expression. I didn't break his wrist but caused enough pain to make him obey. He dropped the stake pulling away and clutching his wrist. I pushed the weapon away with he side of my foot.

The guardian looked got up, realising what he had done. He cursed in Russian, got up and took a few steps back. I was about to attack when I heard a yell that brought my attention. Another guardian showed up, stake in hand. The man took advantage while I was momentarily distracted. He kicked me hard in the stomach running to get his stake. I hit the wall behind me but recovered quickly and was soon on my feet and after him.

"Get the moroi and leave, quickly." He shouted at the guardian whilst keeping eye contact with me. I smiled slyly, turned my head to the side and looked at the other guardian in the eye.

"Jump out of the window."

"No!"

The guardian dropped the stake walking slowly to the window. The man stood back, frozen in the spot as he watched his fellow comrade to his death. Compulsion was always the best option when outnumbered. The guardian bent his legs, preparing to jump.

The sound of broken glass filled the room, followed by a sound that sliced through the air and ended with a sickening but satisfying splat. Poor guy. I smiled.

I dodged the attack of the man without even looking at him, I sensed he'd try and 'sneak attack' me. I snapped his neck and threw his body to the ground. The burning in my throat was becoming unbearable and I was feeling slightly weary.

I used my strigoi speed and sense of smell to detect the moroi. They were both hiding in a room; one male and one female. I opened the door-

"Is he dead? Thank god its over-" The female said before she saw who was at the door. She froze, her smile faltered, lips parted. The man stood forward, pushing the woman behind him, his stance protective.

"I guess you're first then." I said with a sweet smile. I moved forward and bit him, allowing the taste to wash away my hunger. The woman kicked and screamed at me, trying to push me away from the man. I drained him dry and moved on to my next victim. She tried fighting back, tears in her eyes but it was obviously useless. I bit her, taking my time to enjoy the enchanting liquid that filled my mouth and tickled my throat.

I dropped the body and licked my lips. I could still feel the sensation moroi blood gave me. I left the house, on my way to return home, wondering what it would be like when Roza is by my side.

Oh how she will bluntly refuse my offer. Her teachings at the academy would manipulate her into foolishly declining. I'll make her understand. And once she does, I'll have no one standing in my way.

********************************
x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 223 36
Vampire Academy Fanfiction Sets after the cabin, one night with the love of her life can change a lot. Will she be able to challenge everything? Dim...
29.4K 1.2K 56
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. Set in the Vampire Academy Moroi/dhampir world. Alternate ending. What if the Mรขnฤƒ never tried to claim Lissa? The cabin wou...
70.6K 2.1K 27
A series of tragic, sad and unfortunate events led Alina Hansley, a human, to become a part of the world of Moroi, Dhampirs and Strigoi. The Dragomir...
58K 1.8K 41
After Dimitri tells Rose that his love has faded, Rose doesn't know how to cope with the pain she feels. What measures does she take to make the pain...