\/ Suddenly: MCYT Preferences...

By Dormientibus

YOOO DSMP MEMBERS IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS STARRRRRING Y/N!! LET'S GOOOOO! That's it. Me writing how I think d... More

> Boundaries, author notes, and more <
Chapter 0.5 - Talking abt boundaries
- Boundaries and questions :D
Tubbo
" so long nerds "
10 K READS??
HOLY SHIT BRO-
【! PREFERENCES !】
# PREFERENCES REQUESTS! #
- How you first met them -
- How you first met them Pt 2 -
- Dsmp members being jealous -
- How they act in real life -
- How they handle a plane crash -
- How they would chop wood -
- How they hug you -
- How they react to I love you -
- How they play hide and seek -
- What they cook for you -
- What being friends with Tubbo would be like -
- What they cook for you -
- What you hear accidentally play from their phone -
- Dsmp members but I don't know anything about them -
- How you guys knew it was love -
- Stuff you do that makes them happy -
- Does chat/the public know they like you? -
- What love triangle you guys would be in -
- How they reacted to you choosing them over the other person -
- Do you live in their hometown or your hometown? -
- When you fall asleep in their lap/on them -
- When they find you crying -
【¡ ONESHOTS AND IMAGINES ¡】
# ONE-SHOT REQUESTS! #
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ __Ranboo oneshots and imagines__ ♥
|> ᴿᵉᶜᵒʳᵈ ᵖˡᵃʸᵉʳ <| ❤
|>ᴬˡˡ ⁱⁿ ᵈᵘᵉ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ<| ✴
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ __Jack oneshots and imagines__ ♥
|> ᴬ ᵍᵘⁱᵈᵉ ᵒⁿ ʰᵒʷ ᵗᵒ ᵃˢᵏ ᶠᵒʳ ᶜᵘᵈᵈˡᵉˢ <| ❤
|> ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵉˡᵒⁿᵍ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ᵃʳᵐˢ <|✴
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ __Wilbur oneshots and imagines__ ♥
|> ᴵ'ᵛᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡᵉⁿ, ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ʷʰʸ <|Pt. 2 ❤
|> ᴴᵉʳᵉ ᵍᵒᵉˢ ⁿᵒᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ <|Pt. 3 ❤
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ __Tommyinnit oneshots and imagines__ ♥
|> ᴵᵐᵖᵒˢˢⁱᵇˡᵉ <| 💔

|> ᴴᵃᵖᵖʸ ᴮⁱʳᵗʰᵈᵃʸ, ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ <|Pt. 1 ❤

819 10 3
By Dormientibus

Song inspo: Moon song, Phoebe Bridgers. Uneven Odds, Sleeping at Last. Stove, LUCY. Chicken tendies, Clinton Kane.
. . .

My fingers trailed the hand rail as I let my feet take step after step up the staircase, my eyes taking the orange hues flooding in through the windows.

My apartment building was tucked in a homely neighborhood, a mix of older homes and brick buildings that lined streets of paved asphalt and trees the popped up every few blocks. I often visited the rooftop, since lately I'd been hearing someone play guitar up there, and one day I couldn't help but listen. I recognized the voice, but I didn't ever dare go out there and bother the man singing. I just sat by the door, watching as the sun would disappear into the shadows of the window, and listening to the smooth and soothing tones of this mysterious man that had started to use the rooftop as his stage for the world.

But today I heard nothing. The tuning of guitar strings echoed from past times, yet as I peeked out the door, I saw no figure, no man holding his guitar as he stared off into the sunset. Whoever he was was always dressed differently every time I saw him sitting up there, the only consistent thing his guitar and melodic voice.

And so I stepped onto the gravel, taking a few steps and feeling the cold breeze brush over my skin, wrapping around my bones. I hadn't come with a jacket- I wasn't planning on being out there for long anyways. I sat down on the ledge, a sigh escaping my lips. Today was my birthday, and my expectations had been let down when I had been hoping to hear another song, as was usual to hear the guitarist practicing nearly every night up on the rooftop of my apartment building.

Maybe I thought his singing would heal my heart.

Nothing particularly bad happened, but not a single person had messaged me happy birthday. Not even one of my family members. It didn't feel great not to be appreciated on the day I came into this earth, but what was I supposed to do? It felt rude to even mention the day since I knew my friends were busy. . . That had to be why they didn't say anything.

It felt stupid to be tearing up, so I gazed upwards, hoping the warm saltwater would sink back behind my eyes. I really didn't want to cry, I was gonna go to Burger King and eat my emotions, so I had to keep myself together for just a little while longer. Upon remembering my plans, I decided it would probably be a good idea to head back inside and bundle up for the drive. It'd also give me a distraction, a chance not to dwell on my thoughts. I stood up, being careful not to tumble over the edge of this 4 story building. My feet pushed against the crumbly ground as I began to walk back, and I could just see the sun touch the horizon, clouds starting to turn orange and pink.

When I opened the door, I yelped, another voice yelping as I did.

A tall man stood in the doorway, a surprised look on his face. He definitely towered over me, but he seemed more proper than intimiadating, and I glanced up at him, wondering who I had nearly bumped into. The sun highlighted all of his features- the soft, gingerbread-colored eyes that rested behind a pair of round glasses, the curls of dark brown swirls that came over his forehead, the cupids bow that was his lips. He wore a multicolored shirt that hid underneath a thick denim jacket, and jeans that led down to a pair of fine looking doc Martin's. A guitar case was slung around his shoulder, the tawny leather strap stretching as he shifted his feet. The orange light that filtered through the thin clouds shone on him, a seemingly shocked smile appearing on his face. The slightest of dimples, barely noticeable, peeked out at the corner of his lips, and just a few freckles were speckled at the edges of his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. I felt my face flush though when I realized I was staring at him, like, a lot, studying his face like it was an art piece.

"Oh! Sorry, uh," He mistook my staring for irritation, moving to outside and holding the door open for me. "Here." I gathered myself fairly quickly, my heart screaming as I acknowledged the fact that this was probably the man playing the guitar every night. "Thanks," I murmured, moving forward. Ask him if he's the one playing guitar, dumba$$!! Right before I passed through I snapped my head back. "Actually, uhm, you're the one always playing guitar out here at sunset, right?" I was surprised I had gotten the courage to ask, so I knew then and there I had to pay attention to what he was saying in order not to sound like a fool. "Ah, yes; is it bothering you?" His eyes wandered around as his free hand rubbed against his neck. "Oh, no, not at all! Much rather I enjoy it. Er, I came out here to listen to you play, but it seems I came too early." I had turned my body at this point, beginning to feel guilty for having him hold the door open for so long. The man shuffled on his feet, prying the door further open. It was obvious he'd been expecting a more harsh answer, not such a kind one. "Well then, would you like to join me?"

I blinked at him, a bit of shock filtering into my blood stream and making me question why he had invited me. I doubted he could tell I was having a bad day, so why had he invited me to his practicing? "Sure!" Yet I found myself agreeing with a little smile, joy filling my heart to know I wouks finally get to hear his talent without the muffling of the door. I walked back onto the gravel, following him as he sat in the same stop I had been moments ago. As he sat, back to the sunset, laying his case on the ground and gingerly taking out his guitar, he coughed. "I must admit something myself; I saw you out here and was trying to get the courage to talk to you, but it was taking little longer than I had hoped." The brunette awkwardly plucked at his strings, mindlessly tuning his guitar as I chuckled. "That's fine. I'll be honest too- I usually listen to you play from the stairway, because I've been too scared to bother you while you play." "Oh you'd hardly be a bother, it's gets a little lonely out here when I'm singing all to myself." His words reassured me as much as his smile, and such a warm smile it was. "Well there must be a name that goes with the voice, right?" I asked this timidly, and he responded, "The name's Wilbur, and yours?" "Y/N." "It's lovely to make your acquaintance, Y/N." Wilbur stuck out a hand. His gingerbread eyes met mine, and I could've sworn ny heart sped up when we shook hands. "And you, Wilbur."

As he tuned his guitar, I asked some questions. Which I hoped he'd think were normal, since I was sitting out there with him. "How long have you been playing guitar?" "Ever since I was a teenager. It's always been something I've enjoyed." A fond smile made its way onto his face. "Oh? How old are you now, if you don't mind me asking?" "I don't mind- I'm 25 years currently. How old are you?" I found his way of speaking to be polite, delicate. Like he making sure he didn't say anything rude or out of his place. I glanced towards the sunset, admiring the clouds as I muttered, "I turned 23 not too long ago." "Oh, was your.. birthday, earlier this month?" His little pauses made my heart skip a beat but uncertainty was tying knots in my guts. I practically led myself into this conversation- crap. "It's today- my birthday, I mean." It went a little silent, and when I looked back at him he was searching my face, which took me by surprise. "Is there something on my face?" "No, no, nothing. Do you, uh, celebrate your birthday?" "Usually. I was, going to celebrate with some friends but, hah, they were too busy." I was starting to regret sitting with him, but I couldn't back out now. I still wanted to hear him sing, no matter how sad I was.

"I see. . ." Wilburs voice went soft, and as he began to pluck the strings of his guitar I eat he'd his fingers wind into a lovely melody I'd heard before. "This is chicken tendies by Clinton Kane, is it not?" I scooched closer to him, enjoying the beat my feet created to go along with the intro. Wilbur looked up a little, seeing my foot as it tapped along. "It is indeed." I went silent, preparing myself, knowing what was to come.

I saw someone who looks just like you
In the back seat, with her hand out the sunroof,
I swear it was the dress that I gave you
And I wonder, is your favorite color still blue?

Wilbur's voice was clean and smooth, his accent making the lyrics something I had never heard before, despite months of staring at them and adoring the way they portrayed Clinton's past lover. I looked at Wilbur as he indulged himself fully into the song.

You're full of love and wild and free
Chasing every dream and possibility
You're more than I could ever be~

My voice joined in. I'd practiced this song on muilple occasions, and memorized all the harmonies because of my love of the song, and I was glad I now had someone to sing along to.

I hope he treats you better than I ever could
'Cause you deserve the world times two, and our simple Sunday afternoons
I hope he's home for you even though I had to lose you
For you to find who fills your heart
Even if I'm not the one you choose

It had been a while since I'd heard his singing sound like this.

I thought I caught a glimpse of me and you
In our kitchen, where I cooked your favorite food

For some reason,

And if I'm being honest, I was a fool
So say the word and I'll come running back to you

I felt like he'd picked this song for me.

And you're full of love and wild and free
Chasing every dream and possibility
You're more than I could ever be

I hope he treats you better than I ever could

He looked like an angel in this light, playing his guitar.

*ba-bump*

'Cause you deserve the world times two, and our simple Sunday afternoons
I hope he's home for you even though I had to lose you

His eyes skimming over the strings as he flawlessly nailed very note. I could almost hear the background vocals and drums playing right along with his guitar.

For you to find who fills your heart
Even if I'm not the one you choose

Oh, oh
Oh, oh
Oh, oh
Oh

*ba-bump*

I hope he treats you better than I ever could
'Cause you deserve the world times two, and our simple Sunday afternoons
I hope he's home for you even though I had to lose you
For you to find who fills your heart
Even if I'm not the one you choose

*ba-bump*
*ba-bump*

And I hope he's home for you

*ba-bump*
*ba-bump*
*ba-bump*

And our Sunday afternoons

My heart was pounding in my chest. I always had a fondness, no, a love for that song, and I hadn't met a single person who could play it. Much less sing it. A huge smile was on my face as I clapped excitedly. "You have no idea how much I LOVE that song!! That was amazing!" I beamed at him, met with a flustered laugh. He must've been surprised that I knew it, since Clinton Kane wasn't terribly popular. "I. . Thanks. You did well, too. But, I'm glad you enjoyed it; it seemed you needed some comfort." He gazed at me, a gentle look in his eyes. . . So he had played it for me.
Someone whom he'd never met before.

He smiled, and I couldn't stop myself from joining him. The effect this man had on me was ridiculous; maybe it was the fact I wasn't flirted with often (at least by civilised men) that made my face quickly flush in boiling embarrassment. I hoped the sunset could hide it, at least for now. My heart was pumping with gratitiude I wasn't sure how to express, and I almost felt my tears resurface from the kindness Wilbur had been showing me this entire time. "I've got more songs I could play for you, if you'd like." Wilbur kindly offered, and I huffed in bafflement. "Thank you, you've made me happy and that's more than enough." "Yes, but, I'd like to have company, and if playing songs is a way to keep you here, I gladly will." I laughed, his sweet chuckling echoing mine. "I was going to stay anyways, but if you want to~." I held a teasing tone, a sly smile on my face as he went back to his guitar. "Here's a short one. ." Waiting patiently, I watched as he adjusted his capo and stemmed a few wonky chords that somehow worked together.

"Y/N~" "Oh my goodness," I rolled my eyes, sensing the silliness. I wondered what he was up to now.

"I would like toooo, politely ask for your numberrrrr, but only if you wanna give it to me, because I really do not wanna seem like a creep." "Well Wilbur I'd love to oblidge but I don't have my phone on me." "That's okay, I can just memorize it, I'm good at putting phone contacts to faces." "Are you saying that every time you look at me, my phone number will appear in your head?" ". . Yeeess~." We burst out laughing by how he ended it; we seemed to be hitting off fairly well so I wasn't too nervous about giving him my phone number. As I said it to him, he murmured more reassurances. "Don't worry, I don't forget pretty girls numbers." "Do you mean to say you ask every girl you come across for their number?" "That's not what I meant-"

We talked for a little longer, our laughter filling the air as the sun began to fully disappear under the horizon. "We should probably head inside, it's getting cold." Wilbur murmured, and I nodded along, my own body shivering. And without even hesitating he took off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders. As I tucked my arms in the sleeves, he packed up his guitar, jokingly saying, "I want that back the moment we get inside." "I didn't want warmth anyways." I pretended to scoff. A whiff of earth eminated from the jacket, a clean smell that quickly intoxicated my nose. Wilbur snorted at the hand movement I did, and he followed me back inside, our footsteps echoing down the corridor of stairs.

"It was fun to talk to you, Y/N." Wilbur paused at his flat, ruffling his hair. My heart was still beating fast from when I first came across him, but luckily it had slowed to a nice gentle pace. "Thank you for talking with me. I was feeling a little down." "That I saw," He picked up his guitar as he unlocked his flat, "After all, it's not often I invite people to listen to me play." He momentarily disappeared into his flat, a smirk on his face, supposedly putting away his guitar.

If he was trying to flirt, he nailed it. Because now my face was red with realization of what he meant.

"Well, I ought to head to bed." As Wilbur reappeared by his doorway, he noticed my blushing, and chuckled. "I would apologize if I made you uncomfortable, but I don't think I did." "No, no. . You didn't." I kept my voice a low murmur, sure it would crack if I spoke any louder. "Hmhm." An amused smile was on lips, his voice indicating the end to a lovely night."Well then, goodnight~." "Goodnight.." The ghost of hand patting my head left as his door closed, and I stood in the hallway, dazed.

Then I practically ran down the hall, giddy with excitement and joy. The next thing I knew I was laying in bed and hugging my pillows to death when my phone rang. "Hello?" "Pft, hi. I, uh, I know I just said goodnight, but I forgot something." "Oh?"

"Happy birthday, stranger."

*mmmmmmmmmmmmm*

The dial tone of a hung up phone played over my speaker, and butterflies gnawed at my stomach.

That was much better than Burger King.

~

2873 words.
04/14/22

Hope y'all enjoyed :D!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 1.5K 12
Hello! I will be doing some oneshots of- Dream George Sapnap TommyInnit Tubbo Wilbur Soot Karl Jacobs Technoblade ...
22K 512 52
Request page: OPEN POG! Uh this book will have the following: •Dream •Sapnap •Technoblade •Georgenotfound •Tubbo •Tommy •Slimecicle •Wilbur •Purpled ...
66.3K 2K 21
As the title suggests, these are MCYT oneshots which include at least one trans character Requests open There's some reader insert but that's not the...
99.1K 1K 112
DISCONTINUED -- +oneshots and preferences +fluff +(i can't really write angst or smut, but i will try on my own accord, so don't request it) +afab!re...