Sins of the Father [Aot x Mal...

By Knoxx__

What would happen if an Ackerman with Royal blood was born? What are the effects and consequences of it? AOT... More

CH 1: THE BEGINNING
CH 2: TRAINING
CH 3: DISBANDING CEREMONY
CH 4: BATTLE OF TROST
CH 5: BATTLE OF TROST PT 2
CH 6: GARRISON REGIMENT
CH 7: HUMANITY RISES AGAIN
CH 8: TROST AFTERMATH
CH 9: SURVEY CORPS
CH 10: THE 57TH EXTERIOR SCOUTING MISSION
CH 11: EXPEDITION AFTERMATH
CH 12: FEMALE TITAN
CH 13: STOHESS AFTERMATH
CH 14: THE ARMORED AND COLOSSAL
CH 15: HUNTERS AND OPENING
CH 16: SOMEONE
CH 17: LEVI SQUAD
CH 18: CHILDHOOD MEMORIES
CH 19: COUNTERATTACK AND PAIN
CH 20: KENNY ACKERMAN
CH 21: MEMORIES FROM FIVE YEARS AGO
CH 22: REUNION
CH 23: REISS FAMILY
CH 24: SINS OF THE FATHER
CH 25: RULER OF THE WALLS
CH 26: SUNSET
CH 27: CHANGES
CH 28: A DREAM I ONCE HAD
CH 29: SECOND CHANCE
CH 30: NIGHT BEFORE THE BATTLE
CH 32: OTHER HALF
CH 33: MEMORIAL AND CEREMONY
CH 34: OCEAN
CH 35: CROSSING THE FENCE
CH 36: AGREEMENT
CH 37: HOPE
CH 38: MEDIATOR
CH 39: SUNSET 2
CH 40: NIGHTFALL
CH 41: ISLAND DEVILS
CH 42: IMMIGRANTS
CH 43: OTHER HALF 2
CH 44: LAST VICTORY
CH 45: FEELINGS
CH 37.5 EXTRA: Island Recon
CH 46: FALSE PROMISE
CH 47: THE NOBLE ACT
CH 48: WHEN LAST REACHED FIRST
CH 49: NOBLES AND SINNERS
CH 50: SONS OF SINNERS
CH 51: GREAT TITAN WAR II
CH 52: GREAT TITAN WAR II PT. 2
CH 53: HOMECOMING
CH 54: RECONCILIATION
CH 55: THE LAKEHOUSE
CH 56: ISLAND'S FORCE
CH 57: RESTORATIONISTS
CH 58: NEGOTIATION
CH 59: INFILTRATED
CH 60: BIG BROTHERS
CH 61: MISGUIDED CHILDREN
CH 62: RESTLESS
CH 63: WAR IS PEACE
CH 64: MORAL
CH 65: YOU WHO ALTER THE STORY
CH 66: ELDIAN EMPIRE
CH 67: END AND BEGINNING
CH 68: WAR IS OVER
CH 69: FALLOUT
CH 70: 3 YEARS LATER
CH 71: ESCAPE FROM HELL
CH 72: COMING BACK
CH 73: WE MEET AGAIN
CH 74: TURNING TABLES
CH 75: THE DAY
CH 76: LIBERATION
CH 77: PARTY
CH 78: ALL FOR THIS
CH 79: FOUNDING TITAN
CH 80: CYCLE
CH 81: NIGHT OF THE END
Author's Note
CH 82: 104TH
CH 83: ACKERMAN TO ACKERMAN
CH 84: HINDSIGHT
CH 85: HINDSIGHT 2
CH 86: OTHER HALF 3
CH 87: KING OF THE WALLS
CH 88: RECRUITS
CH 89: FRICTION
CH 90: OLD TIMES
CH 91: COMRADES
CH 92: LIFELINE
CH 93: LIFELINE 2
CH 94: FRIENDS IN THE SKY
CH 95: ENEMY OF MY ENEMY
CH 96: ATONEMENT

CH 31: TRUST

2.8K 105 12
By Knoxx__

Historia: What? No... We can't let him go.

Historia's reaction almost surprised the people inside the room.

Hange: Why not?

Historia: B-because... it's too dangerous. Actually, I got a theory on why he's been acting different lately... I think, those things that he wants to do, it's not his own goal or will... The memories he's been seeing have been affecting him...

Levi narrowed. "...huh?"

Hange: *gasped* What do you mean?

Historia pursed her lips. "I hate to say this, but we all know he's not looking good after he got his power. That's why I thought maybe something like the King's ideology made him do what he's doing right now.

*Silence*

Zackly frowned. "Is that so..."

Levi: So you're saying that he's under mind control? Does it really happen? I thought the ideology doesn't affect because of the Ackerman blood?

Hange: I dont know... but just like what the former royal inheritors, they couldn't act or do what they wanted. But, Y/N's case is different, he was being forced to do something and not being stopped. If that's what Historia mean.

Historia: But it's just my theory...

Levi: So, what should we do about it, Erwin?

Erwin: *thinking* I'll allow him...

Historia gasped. "Wha..."

Hange: Wait, Erwin. This is not something we can decide by gambling.

Pixis: We only have him and Eren. So, handing Y/N to the enemy, I don't think it will do us any good. We're also running out of soldiers to send on a mission. We're not that powerful to just give up one of our aces to the enemy.

Zackly: Also, hasn't it crossed your mind that maybe he's working with the enemies and turning his back on us...? No?

Levi: That's not something he will do.

Zackly: Really... How sure are you? Didn't he say that he met with an enemy recently.

Levi: I just know...

Zackly glared. "You just know... Hmm. But even if we don't allow him, can you stop him?

Hange: That's the real question. Seems like he already got it planned out. We have to restrain him if possible. I don't think he'll just sit and listen when we tell him our decision.

Erwin: If I won't be able to see the outside world... I should at least send Y/N as soon as possible, I want him to tell me everything before I die... That's the real reason I want to send him off. But, putting the people inside these walls in danger for that dream... I guess I'll just settle for the information we'll get from Eren's father... but...

Levi glared at Erwin: What should we do now, Commander Erwin?

Pixis: If we restrain him, does it mean he will not participate in the recapturing mission? I mean, he has powers that can take down the enemies...

Hange sighed. "Right. But if we let him go with us and go near the enemies. He might just snap and head to them in an instant."

*Silence*

Erwin closed his eyes and think hard for a while. "Fine. We'll restrain him. is there anyone who's against this decision?"

Zackly: Fine by me.

Pixis: For the people in these walls.

Levi: I hope you know what you're doing, Commander.

Zackly: I'll trust the Garrison and Military Police in keeping him in check while the Scouts are on the mission to recapture the wall.

Levi: No, my squad, Oruo and Petra. I'll tell them to look out for him.

Zackly: Hm. Fine...

Levi: Why does it look like they see him as a threat ... It's not like he's the enemy. Though if I am to ask, I'll prefer Y/N to stay, it's just because of my personal feelings. He's my brother, I've been looking for him since then and now that I've finally found him. I won't let him just get taken away by the enemies. Not in my watch.

***

Just before sunset, the scouts have already gathered on the top of the wall with their horses and wagons. The Scouts officers have given their salute to other higher military officers inside the walls before they finally start the operation.

Hange: *looked down* Hm?

Hange and the other scouts saw people gathering on the ground cheering on them. "Flegel...?

Flegel: *shouts* TAKE BACK WALL MARIAAA!! THE FUTURE OF MANKIND IS IN YOUR HAAANDS!!

Citizen 1: CAPTAIN LEVI!! Thank you for saving this town!!

Citizen 2: Please, all of you come back safely!!

Citizen 1: But get us our land back, too!!

Levi: Well, they blew it.

Hange: Someone was bound to figure it out after all that noise.

Squad Leader 1: Uh, actually... I ordered the meat from Reeves Company.

Squad Leader 2: Damn it, Flegel...

On the leaders' side was the Levi Squad who kept shouting back at the people below. "You can count on uuuuusss!!!!!"

Mikasa who has puffy eyes was looking left and right. "Where's Y/N!?" She panicked when she couldn't see him anywhere. She tried to talk to Levi but there were scouts who were surrounding him.

Erwin: How long has it been since the Survey Corps had a sendoff like this?

Levi: Who knows... Has it ever?

Erwin: As far as I know... It's a first.

Erwin smiled. He was hyped up and shouted, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

The Scouts were surprised. The crowd below yelled and cheered.

Erwin drew her blades and ordered. "COMMENCE THE FINAL OPERATION TO RETAKE WALL MARIA!!"

Everyone kept screaming.

They finally reach the other side of the walls.

Erwin: ADVANCE!!!!

They started to gallop quickly to get to formation.

Mikasa was still worried, "Jean! Where's Y/N? Have you seen him?"

Jean: What? I don't know. I haven't seen him since the incident last night,

Connie: He's probably with Eren or Captain Levi. Don't worry.

Mikasa: But I haven't seen him this morning.

Jean: Huh? Are you saying he's not here today?

Mikasa continued to panic. "I-I don't know..."

Connie: Have you asked the captain?

Mikasa: I couldn't get near him earlier.

Jean: Tsk. Don't worry too much, you'll see him later when we're ordered to get in short formation... Just take it easy, Mikasa.

Mikasa nodded but it didn't take away her worries. "Where could you be right now, Y/N... I haven't got the chance to talk to him again last night... The moment I went back... he was already gone...*sighed* I don't feel good about this..."

*****

The area within Wall Maria represented one-third of the land humanity had left. When the territory was lost five years ago, the loss of human life and property was massive. And, as those who remained inside the two walls quickly realized those losses were only the beginning. It seemed wrong for us to continue living. Whether humanity could survive another day was out of human hands. Everything was now up to the titans. Because humanity had no way of defeating them.

But one day, a miracle happened. Children stood on their feet bravely faced the horror of fighting titans, stomping their massive heads into the ground. How did the humans see that sight feel? Some were filled with pride. Some were filled with hope. Some were filled with rage. But all of them screamed. Now, if Wall Maria is taken back. What scream will fill humanity's hearts? Can they believe again that there is a place for them in this world? Can they ever be made to believe that they control their own destinies?

It was already midnight when they reached the forest. They were using flashlights as their guide to avoid any titan encounters. Most of them were nervous, trying not to make any noise, and chose to just walk instead of riding a horse.

Levi: Are we still not to the foot of this thing? It's almost dawn.

Scout 1: If we can get past this mountain, we'll be close to Shiganshina.

Eren: Sorry you've got to handle my horse...

Armin: You shouldn't be using your energy here, Eren.

Eren: Yeah, I know... Anyway, Mikasa, have you found out where Y/N is?

Mikasa looked miserable. *shook head* No... The captain said they left him in Royal Capital with Historia...

Jean: Huh!!?? Why would they do that!?

Eren: Wha... But... We were just talking about this mission last night... Then, why is he not here with us?

Mikasa: *teary-eyed* I don't know...

Connie: Relax, guys. Maybe he has more important things to do or something like that...

Eren: Can't it wait after this mission? I mean... He would be a big help... Dammit... Why didn't they tell us about this!?

Armin: I think it was a sudden decision. I mean, like you said, we were just with him last night. It's probably an urgent matter...

Jean: Right... Maybe he gets his punishment for hurting Mikasa.

Eren: Why...? What really happened?

Mikasa: Nothing.

Jean: Huh!? Are you still defending him!? He's a jerk and an idiot.

Mikasa: No! You don't know exactly what happened. It was my fault, stop saying those things about him.

Jean: Wha..-

Scout: TITAN TO THE LEFT!! EVERYONE HALT!! ILLUMINATE THE AREA!!

They saw sleeping titan learning on a huge rock.

Hange: It's okay. He's dozing away. This little one doesn't seem to be one of the newer types that can move around at night... Heh Heh... Too bad. We'll leave him be.

Eren: We didn't even notice it until we were so close.

Hange: Exactly. Normally, I would advise against midnight strolls through the forest. But this darkness is probably what's protecting us. When Connie and Historia encountered a moving titan at night, the moon was out. And moonlight is just reflected sunlight. While it's only a hypothesis that these new titans use that small amount of sun as energy to move. It looks like it was right to wait for a new moon. He could be one of those moonlight titans, too.

Eren: Hange... I wanna know what happened to Y/N? Why is he got pulled out?

Hange: *sighed* Not that question again...

Eren: Why you didn't tell us about it? I mean... I thought we could work together on this mission. I wanted to work with him. With our powers combined, I think we can beat any enemies who are ahead of us.

Hange clenched her teeth. "That's the point..."

Eren: What?

Armin: Y/N was acting differently, Hange. Does it have something to do with it?

Mikasa gasped.

Eren: Huh...? Armin, what are you saying?

Hange: *sighed* I guess you guys won't stop until you got the answer, huh... You see, I don't know if any of you knows but Y/N was planning to go outside the walls after this mission. Either by getting taken away by the enemies or going there by himself. He was getting impatient that we felt like something wasn't right. Historia also told us that the former king might be controlling him or something.

Eren snapped. "Huh!? Was that a joke!?? Historia really believed her theory, huh!!? But Hange, there's no proof, right!? Why would you all do this to him?!

Hange: It was something that had been decided already. Also, we're afraid that if he managed to go outside. You, Eren, will go and follow him. Then, we'll lose both of you.

Their eyes widened.

Eren: W-what...?!

Hange: Am I wrong?

Eren: B-but...

Armin: That's right... Eren's been looking up to him ever since... Almost everything that Y/N said, Eren would always agree... Especially when they talk about going outside... There's no doubt, Eren will not refuse if Y/N asks him to...

Hange: I don't want to say it like this, but I think Y/N has control over you at some point, Eren.

Eren's jaw dropped.

Armin: What's wrong about it then?they ordered him to stay out of the mission... It's not something Y/N will just accept... Is he maybe... locked up underground? If so... why did it turn out like that?

Mikasa: *tearing up* Y/N... I wanna go back and see you... I wanna be with you...

A tear flowed from her eyes then she buried her face on her scarf. "I'll come back to you."

Eren: I don't know... But I just want to get that freedom we wanted... And when I think about it, the strength is welling up inside of me. And I wanted to do it with Y/N... We get each other... It's not like I'm disregarding you guys... It's just that I feel the connection when I'm fighting alongside him. Maybe it's because of her sister... the one my father ate... What is happening? What was Y/N planning...?

Armin: *Gasped* That's it!! Maybe that's the real reason why Y/N can reach and control Eren before... But it's not something I'd call being compelled. I... I don't know... *Sighed* What is Y/N really thinking? Why didn't he tell us about anything? Though, I noticed the changes, the way he acted, the things he spoke. His behavior...-

Scout: We've spotted the foot of the mountain!!

Everyone looked in the direction the scout was pointing. "I can see the old trail!!"

Eren: *gasped* We're... almost there.

Armin: Yeah... I can hear the sound of the river! We're back... for the first time since we ran away that day. Back to our hometown...

They rode through the village, heading towards the hole in Wall Maria.

Erwin: The sun is starting to rise!! Be careful of hiding titans!! Begin the operation!! ALL TROOPS SWITCH TO VERTICAL MANEUVERING!!

Everyone left their horses and climbed up the wall.

Erwin: The enemy's goal is to capture Y/N and Eren. We don't know whether they're aware that Eren now has the ability to reseal the wall. But if they know we're here, they probably assume we have some way to seal it. They've likely figured out that we'll try to repair the outer gate. After all, the importance of that basement is already known to our enemies. They'll guess that Eren will be at the outer gate when it's sealed. But they haven't guessed that we'll have a hundred soldiers hiding their faces with hoods heading for the outer gate at the same time. By the time they know which one of us is Eren... The gate will already be sealed.

Eren froze once he saw the whole district of Shiganshina.

Levi: Don't stop!! Get to the outer gate!!

Eren jolted. "Yes, sir!"

Armin stopped when he saw ashes on the top of the wall. "What the...? Ashes from a campfire?! They must have rushed down the wall!!

He immediately fired a green flare. "They're here... Close by... Bertolt and Reiner...

Hange: How...!? There isn't a single titan in the area!

Levi: That's not half of it. We haven't even seen one yet.

Hange: Something is definitely strange.

Levi: We've fallen right into the enemy's hands but...

Hange: We have to press on. The operation will continue as planned.

The leaders shot green flares all at once signaling to continue the operation. Eren began to hook his gear, he bit his hand mid-air then transformed into a titan.

Armin: It has started...

Eren head towards the hole in Wall Maria then quickly use the hardening to seal it. Mikasa landed on his nape and get him out of his titan then climbed back up the wall.

Hange: Any enemies!?

Scout: None visible!

Hange: Keep your eyes open!

Eren: What about the hole!?

Scout: It worked!! It's sealed tight!!

Hange: We did it...

Eren: *gasped*

Mikasa: What about your maneuvering equipment?

Eren checked his gear. "It's fine..."

She then gave her hood to Eren. "Thanks, Mikasa... *sighed* I really wish Y/N to be here with us...

Mikasa: I know... But we can't be distracted... Let's just focus on the mission without him.

Hange: Eren, are you okay?

Eren nodded. "I'm fine. We can keep going just like we practiced!"

Hange: Then we're heading to the inner gate!! Keep your faces hidden so you're not attacked as you move!

Eren: Did I really close the hole that easily?

Hange: You can trust yourself, Eren...

Eren: I'm just getting anxious... We originally planned this with Y/N. And I was so confident when we practiced it... It's just like I'm worried that we might have mistakes.

Mikasa: Just forget about it, for now, Eren. Stop distracting yourself.

Eren: Right... Then that hole from that day...

Levi: Not yet. As long as they are alive, they'll keep breaking through that wall. Understand? Until we kill all of our enemies, including Reiner and Bertolt... The plan to retake Wall Maria isn't over.

Eren: Of course. I know that.

---

Scout Leader: They're not attacking... Are they afraid of our numbers?

Armin climbed up to their position. "Commander, I have a report! I found a full set of camping equipment scattered on the ground. They seemed to be drinking something that resembled tea. The pot had gone cold but there were cups left behind with traces of the black liquid from inside the pot. And there were at least three... it seems there were more than two people on top of the wall.

Scout Leader: *gasped* There were three!?

Erwin: Was it an iron pot that had gone cold?

Armin: Yes.

Erwin: That's odd...

Armin: Huh?

Erwin: We made full use of our horses and our vertical maneuvering equipment to arrive here at top speed. They should have had two minutes at most between the time they first heard or saw us and when we arrived. There's no way a freshly-used pot would have cooled off in just two minutes. Our enemies somehow knew that we were approaching at least five minutes in advance. Which means they had plenty of time to prepare for us...

Armin looked terrified.

Erwin: I had a feeling it was because of the woman Y/N had talked to... If she was able to enter the wall that easy... She must have got the information about our operation...

Armin: S-so we should assume they had scouts... No, that there are even more enemies lying in wait...?

Erwin: We'll make locating enemies our priority. Arlert, your mind has saved us from dire straits time and time again. Now we need your capabilities more than ever. Take as many men as you need and search the area around the inner gate for enemies. Continue your search under the command of Armin Arlert.

Armin: *gasped* Wha...

Scouts: Yes, sir! What are your orders, Arlert!?

Armin: U-Uh... Split into two groups to search the buildings around the inner gate, both outside and inside the district. If you find anything, report by acoustic shells... P-Please...?

Scouts: Yes, sir!!!

Scout Leader: Another big gamble...

Erwin: No. Armin's a sure thing. He is one of our greatest weapons. Though leaving Y/N out of the mission is a big step back for us, we couldn't risk him going to enemies side this time...

Suddenly, they saw Armin fire a signal flare.

Armin: Everyone!! Search the wall!

Erwin gasped.

Scout: We told you we already did!! There's nowhere for them to hid-

Armin: They're inside the wall!!

Scout: Inside the wall!?

Armin: Yes! There must be a space inside it where humans can stay for an extended period of time.

Scout: How do you know that!?

Armin: I-It's a hunch...

Scout: Huh!? Do you have any idea what kind of situation we're in right now!!? We don't have the time to-

Armin: B-But, our enemies!! They've always used their titan powers in the most improbable ways to gain an advantage on us!

Erwin fired a flare.

Hange: Is that the signal to halt the operation?! Everyone! Spread out on top of the wall and wait for further orders!!

Erwin: There are times to be rigid and times to be flexible. Follow the principles you've learned as soldiers as you give everything you have to the mission. Observe the chain of command. We're here to win.

Armin gritted his teeth. "Split into two groups again and search the surface of the wall! Begin checking everything carefully from the top of the gate up...!!!

Scouts answered hesitantly. "Yes, sir!!"

A few minutes of checking the surface of the wall... A scout shot a flare.

Scout 1: Here!! There's a hollow spot here!!

He was surprised as he saw someone inside. It was Reiner, he quickly stabbed the soldier with his blade. Everyone gasped.

Armin: Reiner!!!! Agh!!

Levi swooped and stab Reiner on his neck and dragged him down. He fall back when he saw Reiner move his eyes.

Armin: Captain!?

Levi: Dammit!! Is that another one of his titan powers!? I was so close... But I couldn't end his life!!

Reiner fell to the ground and transformed into the Armored Titan.

Erwin: Check all around us!! Capture any other enemies and-

Multiple explosions and flashes of lightning were heard behind Erwin, he looked behind and saw newly transformed titans line up and at the center was the Beast Titan. It grabbed a boulder and throw it at their location.

The scouts' eyes widened. "INCOMING!! TAKE COVER!!

*BOOM*

Scout: A miss...?

Erwin" No. It has good aim. It blocked our entrance. Now our horses can't pass through. Take our horses away... Then surround us. They're planning to wipe us out here by cutting off our escape route. We're both getting the battle we've been hoping for. Let's put an end to this here. Humanity or those damned titans. One of us will survive and the other will die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I just wanna say I won't cover the recapturing mission next chapter. What happened there was just like in the manga/anime :/ Yeah...

Anyway, thank you for still reading XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 309 58
Nº1 #Leviackermanxreader 14.01.2024 Nº1 #LeviAckerman 14.01.2024 Nº1 #Leviackermanxoc 14.01.2024 Nº1 #aotfanfic 20.01.2024 N°1 #levixoc 20.04.2024 It...
741 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...
108K 2.2K 29
I met her when she was a girl who lack nutritions and so damn skinny,like really skinny.Her hair is so beautiful even when it's dirty and tangled.I t...
242K 9.5K 105
I have never had any control in my life. I never had a say in the things that I can do or what I wanted to do in my life. I was even told that I wo...