Angel Of A Morning

Oleh DeeNOss

Kate was an average schoolgirl who once was happy and glowing with life, until she fell victim to bullying an... Lebih Banyak

Forewarning
Chapter One: Academy Of Assholes
Chapter Two: Trippy
Chapter Three: Sorrow's Cross
Chapter Four: Date With Kate
Chapter Five: Learning And Loving
Chapter Six: S.O.'s S.O.S.
Chapter Seven: Matthew 11:28
Chapter Eight: Been Through Hell
Chapter Nine: Where Is My Angel?
Chapter Ten: Danger, Danger
Chapter Eleven: Psychosocial Whirlpool
Chapter Twelve: Fly High Butterfly
Chapter Thirteen: A New Leaf
Chapter Fourteen: Friends And Foes
Chapter Fifteen: Take A Chance On Me
Chapter Sixteen: O Captain, My Captain
Chapter Seventeen: The Rebel In Me
Chapter Nineteen: Twinkling Stars
Chapter Twenty: You And Me Against The World
Chapter Twenty-One: Even Angels Need Angels
Chapter Twenty-Two: Acceptance
Chapter Twenty-Three: Make A Sinner Out Of You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter Twenty-Five: If You Can Dodge A Wrench
Chapter Twenty-Six: Viral Video Gone Wrong
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore Art Thou Romeo?
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Good Impression
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Fame For Shame
Chapter Thirty: A New Chapter In Our Lives
Chapter Thirty-One: A Whole New World
Chapter Thirty-Two: Revelations Resolutions
Chapter Thirty-Three: Welcome To The Family
Chapter Thirty-Four: One Last Time
Chapter Thirty-Five: Family Pt. I
Chapter Thirty-Six: Family Pt. II
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Family Pt III

Chapter Eighteen: Dress To Impress

177 4 0
Oleh DeeNOss

(Y/n) cleared his throat and stole glances at his passenger, complimenting her as he drove. Not only did Kate apply new clothes to go out in, but she also let her hair loose and fixed the hair band around her right forearm below the green wristband. Kate adjusted her seat comfortably as (Y/n) drove them to the diner - it wasn't his first option but he certainly would've preferred to go to the beach, most likely if Kate approved to a second date. 

"You look very lovely this morning. I like what you did with your hair. Letting it loose makes you look even prettier." (Y/n) flirted shyly. 

Kate blushed and smiled gleefully. "Really? Thank you, (Y/n). That's so sweet of you. You look pretty good yourself. Nice jacket." 

"Thanks. It was my uncle's - a hand-me-down but I always liked this jacket. Still fits, thankfully." 

"What about that shirt? Firewalk?" 

"Oh, it's a punk rock band I'm into. Not majorly into it, but I'm partial to a bit of punk rock. Personally, I'm more into the classics - like the ones from the mid nineties and onward. You know, Sammy Davis, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Chuck Berry, Louis Armstrong, Aretha Franklin... all those legendary singers who made the fifties and sixties what it was." 

"You have good taste." 

"Like I said. I vary. You go to Two Whales often?"

Kate shook her head when he looked her way. "I rarely go out unless it's with my family going to church. If... if you don't mind me asking, do you have a faith?"

(Y/n) was not surprised that Kate asked him such a thing. In fact, he expected her to ask him about his religious faith for a while that he was quite open to telling her about whom he believed in. It quite surprised Kate when he openly told her that he indeed believed in God also, rightly so that it pleased her to hear that they had something in common. Kate, however, was more sensitive on the subject due to her depression and suicidal thoughts. 

Kate had been lacking in her belief in God ever since she discovered the video about herself getting drugged and making out with several boys with Victoria Chase as the camerawoman to post the worst moment in Kate's life. The only difference now was that hearing that (Y/n) was religious himself as well as someone who truly did care about her made Kate's life just that little bit more enjoyable; a good distraction from her harsh reality. 

Suddenly, (Y/n) pulled over to the side of the road and drew his phone out from his pocket. He then rolled down his window and opened up the camera on said phone and took a few shots of the bay, much to Kate's surprise. When he was done taking a few photos, he turned around and looked at Kate whom he caught staring at him with curiosity laced in her eyes. So he handed her his phone to look at the photos while he drove. 

Entrusting her with his phone was a bold move but (Y/n) knew she wouldn't say anything harmful about the photos which consisted of mainly family and professional shots of sunsets, streets, nature and people. To say Kate was impressed was quite the understatement. The photos were so mesmerising, she spent a full two minutes staring at each one, admiring the features and the sharpness of the photo as well as everything that went with it. 

"These are good photos, (Y/n) - you really managed to capture something special about this." Kate praised. "I think you really have a gift for photography." 

(Y/n) glanced at the dirty-haired blonde and smiled appreciatively. "Hey, thanks. You know, I actually got into photography because of my father when I was about seven or eight." 

"What do your parents do?" 

"Acting. They're... pretty big in that industry. Thing is, I haven't seen them in eight months. They've been away to places all across the globe and going to premiers and doing interviews. I went independent at ten so I know how to handle a lot of things, especially since my uncle wanted me to learn how to take care of myself whenever my parents are away. So if I ever get to meet your parents, it'll sort of seal the deal I'm worthy to date their amazing daughter." 

The car stopped at a red light just as (Y/n) said this, so when he heard Kate laugh and noticed her smile, his stare lingered long enough to make Kate feel awkward until he explained how nice it was to see her happy. The compliment made her blush, causing her to shy away yet hid her appreciation knowing that thus far, their spending time together was going well. Upon arrival outside the Two Whales Diner, (Y/n) managed to steal a decent parking spot outside the diner. 

(Y/n) got out of the driver's seat and went around to let Kate out. Much to her surprise at his courtesy, he continued to impress her as he opened the front door to the diner and allowed her to enter first before he followed right behind her. The first thing that greeted them was the smell of cooked bacon and indistinct chatter. They proceeded to occupy the third booth down on the right and sat opposite each other as they waited to be served. 

There was a jukebox on their side of the diner that had been playing casual songs to suit the mood. The waitress approached the two, holding a coffee jug that she offered to the two eighteen year-olds before she followed up with what they wanted to order. (Y/n) and Kate kept it simple with scrambled eggs with bacon and jelly toast before they conversed about themselves more openly. 

The two youngsters on their date reprised the days when the waitress herself went on dates when she was no older than they. It even brought tears to her eyes upon recalling the happiest moments in her life before she tragically lost her husband and only just recently, her daughter. She was aware that Kate was to attend her daughter's funeral the next day, so she kept distant but sent a few reassuring smiles if anybody asked how she was. 

"How's your meal?" (Y/n) asked. 

Kate nodded her head and finished eating the rest of her eggs. "It's very delicious. Yours?" 

"Mmm. Scrum-diddily-umptious." 

Kate chuckled. It warmed his heart to see her smile, to hear her laugh, to know that he was making her life worth living; to know that he was making a difference. The dirty-haired blonde finally managed to compose herself and met (Y/n)'s gaze. 

"W-What? Is there something on my face?" Kate asked with a worried expression. 

Mesmerised by her looks and her personality, (Y/n) stared at her with heartfelt eyes and let out a slow, light exhale. 

"You're perfect the way you are, Kate." (Y/n) stated with a dreamy voice. 

Her face became even redder as (Y/n) boldly leaned across the table and grabbed Kate's chin with his index finger and his thumb. The physical contact and the close proximity of his face and hers made their hearts race in equivalency to that of a hummingbird's wings flapping. Through (Y/n)'s eyes, everything acted in slow motion as their faces inched closer together. By a sudden act of courage, Kate took the initiative right before (Y/n) could and pressed her lips against his. 

(Y/n) let out a muffled groan when the girl threw herself at him first; the taste of bliss spruced throughout their bodies as the kiss lasted a few seconds before they pulled away. (Y/n) was still shocked at Kate's mystifying effort to flirt with him. When they pulled away, a string of saliva was left behind as the two sat down properly in their seats and stared gazed profoundly at one another until one of them decided to speak. 

Speechlessly, (Y/n) stared mesmerisingly at the dirty-haired blonde. "Th-That w-was... incredible. K-Kate, I-I-I-I hope I didn't pressure you into doing it. It's just that I've been so--" 

Coyly, Kate tucked strands of hair behind her ear as her cheeks flushed red. "Don't worry about it. I've been... meaning to do that for a while. In fact, I've actually had a crush on you for a little while now. I hope I didn't upset you or anything." 

"Upset me? How could you have if I wanted to do that this whole time!?" 

"Really? I-I was so worried that you wouldn't like our kiss - well, my first proper kiss - I'm... thank you for taking me so seriously, (Y/n). It really means a lot to see that you care about me." 

(Y/n) reached his hand across and took ahold of hers. He gave her a gentle smile for comfort when they finished up their breakfast and walked out of the diner. Once again, (Y/n) continued to impress her when he opened the door of his car for her and let her in before he let himself in. Kate felt ready to head back to campus to her dorm but she had a feeling there was much more to do that day now that they were both out and about. 

The engine of the car revved as (Y/n) drove them out of the parking lot and cruised along the main road that took them to the beach. The view was quite breathtaking when (Y/n) realised he could get a decent capture of the beach when they pulled up before taking their shoes and socks off and walked barefoot along the cold sand. Drawing his phone, (Y/n) crouched down and laid on the sand on his stomach in order to take photos satisfactorily to each angle. 

Kate didn't notice what (Y/n) was doing when she noticed his lack of absence by her side when she turned her head to look over her shoulder, only to find the long, brown-haired boy laid prone on the sand with herself well in frame of his camera. Sheepishly, Kate struck a few poses when (Y/n) poked his head up and smiled brightly at her. (Y/n) got up to his feet and tucked his phone away before he approached her, kicking sand with his bare feet as he did. 

"Beautiful, isn't it? I never go to the beach, but I do drive past here every now and again with my family after church or going to our religious study groups." Kate spoke up when they stood side by side. 

"Oh, this certainly count for tranquillity and some family time, but... I've seen far greater spectacles." (Y/n) commented. 

Kate whipped her head around as a blush crept up on her face. His flirting with her work a charm as it seemed to do the trick to make her forget about her worries and her strife. 

"Y-You think I'm pretty?" 

"That's an understatement - it shadows in comparison to your beauty. But let me make it specifically clear that I adore you not just for your looks, but also your personality, and your deep commitment to your faith and your friends and your family. You've helped me in more ways than you can comprehend. And I would be relived of this tension if I could ask... would you consider going on another date with me?"

"This one has been nice. I've enjoyed being with you, (Y/n). So yes. I would love to go on another date with you. I just wish moments like this could last forever, and I'd love it you stuck around with me through them."

"Miss Marsh, it would be my genuine pleasure."

The two sat on the sand and stared at the waves flowing in and out as the strong smell of seawater pierced their nostrils. Kate sat closely beside (Y/n) and daringly laid her head on his shoulder. What splendour they found in watching the water crash as they sat on the beach, enjoying life.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

94.6K 686 24
"Why is this turning you on?" "Because you made me love it." I snap. ~~~ Elizabeth was just a typical h...
Dear Bully Oleh ari

Fiksi Remaja

22.9K 279 44
*A TWO PART SERIES* **************** The new transfer student can't catch a break almost immediately arriving on her first day at a new school. She i...
203K 6.2K 31
Life is hard but Audrey's life is harder. She had a rough life back in her old school and she's willing to move to a new and better school but little...
5.8K 159 33
what happens when an extraordinary homeless girl meets an ordinary yet weird boy that changed her whole life?