I Know The End

By starlithearts

and I killed my brother. I had to. I only wish I hadn't washed my hands in the river. the water remembers. Ā©... More

VOL I. Dear God
Prologue
One. the billboards outside of georgia
Two. though I can't recall your face
Three. let the ultraviolet cover me up
Four. I'm not afraid to disappear
Five. a ghost in a haunted house
Six. fantasize being home
Seven. a bad liar with a savior complex
Eight. silence the voices
Nine. the fight of our lives
Ten. too young for so much worry
Eleven. I think I've seen this film before
Twelve. I see the pain in your eyes
Thirteen. you can let it go
Fourteen. we'll talk on the world
Fifteen. you went quiet and I got mean
Sixteen. a piece of you's dead inside
Seventeen. ain't no mountain high enough
Eighteen. if we survive the great war
Nineteen. heart to heart
Twenty. no morning glory
Twenty One. violet bruises
Twenty Two. as long as I have you
VOL II. Digest You
Twenty Three. play with fire and you get burned
Twenty Four. what died didn't stay dead
Twenty Five. my love is mine, all mine
Twenty Six. think I forgot how to be happy
Twenty Seven. forgive the world
Twenty Eight. is my soul worth saving?
Twenty Nine. wherever we end up
Thirty. we'll never be those kids again
Thirty One. everything dies

This was always going to happen. She's been dead since the beginning

5.4K 71 30
By starlithearts

Bones and All (2022)

At times I suffer from the strangest sense of detachment from myself and the world around me; I seem to watch it all from the outside, from somewhere inconceivably remote, out of time, out of space, and out of the stress and tragedy of it all.

Mia understood three things by the time she fourteen years old:

1. Her mom was dying of cancer. There was no way around it.
2. A zombie apocalypse took over the world.
3. She was going to die one day. Whether it be today or ten years from now. She was going to die.

How does a twelve year old go from playing with toy horses to witnessing an undead creature tear somebody's flesh apart? How does the world go from a perfect sunny day to a global epidemic hitting out of nowhere? How does a twelve year old girl go from the only worry in her life being to keep her room clean to now having to learn to shoot a gun three times the size of her?

So many questions. So little time to answer them.

Mia was only twelve when she first saw the undead. Her bedroom window. She saw it's melted flesh hanging from its rotting bones. It's broken off jaw that still revealed two rows of razor sharp teeth. She could hear the moans and groans. The kind of thing you only see in the movies. Suddenly, she's ripped away from her home with nothing but a bag full of clothes. Her dad stuffed her and her siblings in the car and took off. She didn't know where they were going. All she knew was they weren't safe anyone. 

The undead had taken over.

People were being ripped apart.

The living were struggling to scrounge for survival.

Mia thought as long as she had her family (Her mom was dead at this point. She was long gone in the ground. Fuck you, cancer!) that everything would be okay. Cut her some slack. She was twelve. But then her family died. Father and little sister. Car accident. They were eaten by the undead. Her sister was barely even a body anymore. The twins were forced to watch the corpses tear through their flesh from inside the crashed car.

Sometimes, at night, Mia can still hear the sound of their skin being torn apart.

Now, she's thirteen, and it was just her and her brother. Lucas was the new Riley Jones. The man of the pair. He did what he could. They traveled on foot for what seemed like years. Their life was now sleeping in the woods with nothing but their backpacks under their heads and whatever food they could find in their bellies (They sometimes went days without food.). They were two kids battling for survival. The world was no longer theirs.

But they were together. They had each other. Nothing could go wrong.

(Cut her some slack. She was only thirteen.)

When you lose a twin, you lose a part of yourself. A part of your soul. You come into the world together. It seems like you should leave together. Nobody wants to think like that. But when you're in a zombie apocalypse, that's all you can think about. Mia should've been the one to die first. She was weak. Lucas was strong. She was naive. He was smart. Why did she get to live? Why did she leave him alone? Why was she forced to watch the undead tear into him? She'd never heard him scream so loud.

"You have to live, Amelia. Live for me." His last words before he died in her arms.

Now, at fourteen, Mia wasn't sure where she was going or how she was going to survive, she just knew she had to. For Lucas. For Paris. For her mom and dad. She wasn't living for herself anymore. She lived with the feeling of guilt, sadness, agony, and loneliness like they were her only friends. Her body was slowly drowning in the blood that she couldn't wash from her hands. Her brother's blood. How much longer could she go before she completely lost her mind?

Millie Bobby Brown Amelia Mia Jones

Matthew McConaughey Riley Jones

Eiza Gonzalez Madeline Jones

Carl Grimes Chandler Riggs / Lucas Jones ✞ ___ / Paris Jones ✞ ___ / Rick Grimes Andrew Lincoln / Daryl Dixon Norman Reedus / Michonne Hawthorne-Grimes Danai Gurira / Maggie Rhee Lauren Cohan / Glenn Rhee Steven Yeun / Enid Rhee Katelyn Nacon

I've had this story planned out for soooo long and I just recently got back into my walking dead obsession.

This story contains warnings for self harm,  gruesome acts of death,  blood,  swearing,  sexual themes,  mentions of suicide and depression.

mia is deeply depressed character considering she's lost her entire family. the relationship between her and carl will be a slowburn seeing as how they're only 14 at the start but we all love a good slowburn 😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 24K 25
ALONE | where our hearts sink into the earth. ā€• I don't want to be alone anymore. The world had not been kind to us, the boy and the girl, and the so...
8.7K 399 11
š˜„š—µš—®š˜ š˜„š—¶š—¹š—¹ š—µš—®š—½š—½š—²š—» š˜„š—µš—²š—» š˜š—µš—² š—³š—®š—暝—ŗš—²š—暝˜€ š—±š—®š˜‚š—“š—µš˜š—²š—æ š—³š—®š—¹š—¹š˜€ š—³š—¼š—æ š˜š—µš—² š—¹š—¼š—»š—²š—æ š—暝—²š—±š—»š—²š—°š—ø? źœ°į“‡į“į“€ŹŸį“‡ į“į“„ x į“…į“€Ź€ŹŹŸ...
739 83 5
if you still believe in the lord above, get on your hands and knees and pray for us āø» rick grimes x male oc , slowburn , found family the walking dea...
17.1K 501 9
A few years from not having communication with each other, Adelaide Walsh was asked by her older brother to visit King County to fix their relationsh...