Love Channels

De time_buzzer

A story based on IU's Ending Scene Music Video. (COMPLETED) Mai multe

Characters and Disclaimers
Chapter 1
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 6.1
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.1
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.1
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.1
Chapter 14
Chapter 14.1
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.1
Chapter 17.2
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.1
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.1
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.1
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.1
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.1
Chapter 25.2
Chapter 26
Chapter 26.1
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.1
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.1
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 • Ending Scene
Author's Note
- End Credits -
Author's Note • plug
Special Chapter: Through the Night 1
Special Chapter: Through the Night 2
Special Chapter: Through the Night 3
Special Chapter: Through the Night 4
Special Chapter: Through the Night 5
Special Chapter: Through the Night 6
Special Chapter: Through the Night 7 [Finale]

Chapter 23

29 3 0
De time_buzzer

Days are a blur, especially when you’re happy.

Sometimes we wake up realizing that so much time has passed but we’re not complaining. I guess when you’re busy yet happy, have a lot on your plate but can totally handle them, you won’t notice that months have gone by.

We quickly fall into a routine only to realize that it becomes one when something shakes it good or bad, there’s an intervention, or a new opportunity is presented.

I’ve already gotten a hang of my internship. 7 months in and I’m turning in good work as per my supervisors’ assessments. At this rate that I am performing, I’m going to be able to complete my required hours in no time.

Sean on the other hand has gotten busier the past days because he’s presenting in an innovation convention forum today. He got selected and I’m so proud of him.
I’m heading there after finishing my scheduled morning session. I took the afternoon off to watch his talk with his parents.

“Are you on your way? Do you want us to drive by and pick you up?” His mother called to check on me.

“It’s okay Ma’am, I’m on my way there in the taxi right now. Thank you for the offer but I don’t want you to be late because of me.” I assured his mother.

“Okay then. See you there, Jamie. Take care”

Sean’s parents have been nothing but kind to me and his father, turns out, is a great conversationalist. His father kept asking a lot about my interests that night back in their house while I was having dinner with them. I’ve gone out shopping a few times with his mother and he’s gone out for coffee with my Dad whenever my father had a consultation near his workplace. He’d have lunch with my Mom and I when she visits sometimes.

I arrived at the venue with a few minutes to spare and called his mother to see if they’re here. Glad that I arrived earlier than they did because I really don’t want them to wait for me. I’d rather do the waiting than the other way around. I’m still in the lobby so that we could go to our table together.

“Are you guys here?” Sean on the other end of the phone.

“I’m here, waiting for your parents at the lobby, they’re just parking. How are you doing?”

“I’m nervous but you guys will be here so that counts for a confidence boost.”

“I’m sure you’ll do fine. You’ve worked hard on this.”

I saw his parents coming in from the entrance and I waved for them to notice where I am at.

“I gotta go, your parents just arrived. We’ll see you inside okay?”

“Okay, bye, love you.” Sean ended the call, he’s nervous but that’s just his usual nerves. Once he’s up there and starts talking about his project, he turns into something else. Mesmerizing even.

“Hi Jamie! Sorry, did you wait long? We had to find a spot.” His dad gave me that small smile I’ve gotten used to.

“No Sir, it’s okay. I just got off the phone with Sean.”

“We don’t want you to keep standing, let’s go inside?” Sean’s mom urged us to move.

I’m wearing this white lace dress with red flower embroidery. This is a bit formal, not gowns formal though, so I had to wear a dress for the occasion. I needed to change in the hospital before leaving and put on some light makeup too.

As we settled inside, I saw some of his colleagues seated in another table and I waved at them. I saw Charlotte with the group so I guess their team is here too. His mother asked who they were and I told her that they’re Sean’s colleagues in the factory and pointed at where his project team is.

The presenters started with their talk but Sean’s presenting last so he won’t be out till later. They will have a panel interview after to answer a few questions from the audience.

Not long after, his name was called for his turn. Looking a bit nervous but I know he’s going to be just fine, he said his formalities then started. He may stress out while preparing his deck to make it simple because he wants people to easily understand it but whenever he begins sharing, he turns 180 and gets so confident. I cannot help but just be so proud of him. I saw his parents proud expressions too when they heard him talk.

When he finished, he turned to us and smiled proudly. I can hear his parents sharing their thoughts to each other.

“Our son did so well.” His mother told his father.

“He did. Spoke so confidently too.” his father said, sounding as proud.

He found me again looking at him and he smiled. I had to smile back because he’s just too adorable.

There was a few minutes of quick set up after the last presenter finished. The panel discussion will be the final portion of the event then an early dinner for those who were invited will be served so I’m sure we will be staying here for a while to support Sean.

He answered all the questions directed at him so well like everything rolls off his tongue. Whenever he talks about his project, you’d hear that passion in what he does. I can sense that a lot of people in the audience are getting impressed with him and that makes me even prouder.

After the panel, while waiting for Sean to come sit on our table, I decided to freshen up. I got in the restroom and overheard some girls talking about him, they’re in the cubicles.

“Sean’s really so smart, he made that project sound so simple when we all know that it isn’t.”

“Yeah, he is. The fact that he’s handsome too makes him look more attractive.”

“There you go again. You do know that he has a girlfriend right?”

“Of course, can’t I not appreciate how good looking he is?”

“Well, she’s here with his parents. That’s as serious as it can get. And she looks gorgeous too. They look good together.”

“I’ve met her before, at Thomas’ party months ago. She’s so-so. I don’t know what she has that made Sean fall in love with her.”

I think I know who that is. I heard the flush one after the other and the other person opened the cubicle first. Shocked evident when it registered to her who I am.

“You know….” Charlotte stopped mid sentence when she saw my reflection in the mirror. I was applying my lipstick.

They can’t really leave right away because they need to wash their hands, both literally and figuratively. Well, Charlotte can wash her mouth with soap too. It’s needed. Her friend didn’t know what to do so she was kinda hesitant to go to the sink and was smiling awkwardly.

Charlotte on the other hand took a deep breath and went to the sink to start the water running, got hand soap and began washing her hand. Her friend followed but still awkward. I’m looking at their reflections now in the mirror. They are avoiding my gaze.

After I finished applying my lipstick. I turned to Charlotte and looked at her with a smile on my face.

“Hi Charlotte, nice to see you again.”

She smiled awkwardly.

“Hi, I’m Jamie. I believe we have not met.” I turned to her friend, I think Sean’s new colleague.

Both are keeping silent. I’m sure by now they know I heard what they said about me. Well, what Charlotte said about me to be specific. It’s not really bad, come to think of it, it was just a question she had. I decided to play nice and give her the answer she needs.

“Uhm, to answer your question, Charlotte. I have everything that you don’t have… and even more. It’s neither mine nor Sean’s responsibility to give you an explanation. Hope that helps. Have a great night girls. Bye.”

Let’s see if you still try to hit on my boyfriend. I didn’t let her respond to what I said and left them there with pure satisfaction on my face while they were still in shock.
I went back and saw Sean already sitting there and talking animatedly with his parents  with some other guests on the table.

“There you are. Mom said you went to freshen up. Took you long enough, is everything okay?”

I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

“Oh of course. Nothing major, I already took care of it.”

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

8.4K 230 16
Jangkku fanfiction!! Advance sorry for my grammar mistakes!!
5.1K 656 42
❝𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮❞ Sometimes we have to fight with ourselves, and take the best decision so that nobody is hurt. . . ••🥀•• ...
27.4K 1.4K 42
"I just want us to stay together. Why is this world so unfair to me?" She has made a big mistake before. Because of that, she was given task to compl...
9.8K 961 18
Dear best friend, Today I am gonna confess you something. May be a bitter or sweet truth. Think whatever you want do whatever you want just let me c...