Rescue Me || Bellarke AU

By coco1522ox

Secrets, demons, heartache, anger and a mutual hatred for jazz music. Just how much could two broken souls b... More

1. Face down.
2. Reunions.
3. Because of you.
4. Opposites Attract.. or not.
5. I hate everything about you.
6. Connections.
7. Choices.
8. Rotten Luck
9. Stupid Mistake.
10. Its just business.
11. Too much.
12. Heart to heart.
13. What have you done?
14. You need to heal.
15. Everything is clear now.
16. My senses tell me to stop.
17. Numb.
18. Monsters.
19. How do you love someone?
20. A Battle Of Power.
21. I Hate That I Love You.
22. Whispers In The Dark.
24. Dates
25. A Whole New Game.
26. I Am The Fire
27. Freedom Comes With A Price.
28. Come Back To Me.
29. Awake and Alive.
30. Recovery.
31. Start Again.
32. Moving On.
33. You Have My Heart.
34. Epilogue.

23. I See You.

307 12 6
By coco1522ox

Leona Lewis - I See You.

Clarke couldn't remember the last time she felt so content. But laying in the safety and comfort of Bellamy's strong arms, she was feeling pretty good. His fingers lazily rubbed up and down her arm, occasionally causing a shiver to run down her spine. He laid on his back, her head rested on his chest, listening to the steady thump of his heartbeat. Clarke was more than content right now, she was almost happy. There was still the fear of Cage lodged into the back of her mind, but for now she pushed it aside and focused on Bellamy's calm breathing.

The two of them laid in silence, simply enjoying the others company. This was becoming somewhat of a habit for the pair. Every night they'd enter their own rooms but it wouldn't take long for one of them to slip into the others room and climb under the sheets. Clarke thought back to the first night she'd gone to him, the night after they'd first slept together.

"Night Bellamy." Clarke smiled as she opened her bedroom door.

"Night Princess." Bellamy returned her smile, turning towards his own room.

Clarke entered her room and slowly closed the door behind her. She leant back against it, letting her head fall back. She released a long sigh before walking over to her dresser and pulling out an old tshirt and some shorts to change into. Once she was dressed, she climbed into bed and laid down. The bed felt cold and empty. Clarke couldn't stop thinking about Bellamy and how his touch had ignited her skin just twenty four hours before.

She felt the sudden urge to be near him. Being around him made her feel safe. So, with a deep breath and surge of bravery, Clarke threw the covers off her legs and climbed out of bed again. She opened her bedroom door and tiptoed across the hall. She knocked softly on Bellamy's door and waited. For a moment she thought maybe he'd already fallen asleep when he didn't open the door, but as she turned to go back into her room, his door swung open.

"Clarke? You okay?" Bellamy asked, his brow creased with concern. He was dressed in just a pair of loose shorts.

"Uh, yeah.. I uh.." Clarke suddenly felt ridiculous. She had no idea what to say to him. And the fact he wasn't wearing a shirt only made it even more difficult to put a complete sentence together.

"You sure you're okay?" Bellamy asked.

Clarke shook her head, shaking herself back to reality.

"Can I come in?" Clarke asked, looking up at his face.

Bellamy smiled at her and opened the door wider, standing to the side to let her in. Clarke stepped into the room as he closed the door. She felt awkward. She hadn't actually thought about what would happen when she got here.

"So, what can I do for you?" Bellamy asked.

"I don't really know. I just.. That room felt so empty and I guess I didn't wanna be alone." Clarke shrugged.

Bellamy nodded his head, a small grin on his face as he looked down at the floor.

"I'm sorry, I should go. I'll leave you alone." Clarke said quickly, turning back towards the door.

"Clarke, stop. It's fine." Bellamy chuckled. "Stay as long as you like."

"Are you sure?" Clarke asked. She felt incredibly small and like she was intruding in Bellamy's personal space.

"I'm sure." Bellamy nodded. "If you don't wanna be alone, you can stay here."

"I'm pathetic, aren't I?" Clarke said quietly, looking down at her feet.

Bellamy moved closer to her. His finger hooked under her chin, moving her face to look at him.

"Why would you think that?" Bellamy asked.

"Because I'm too scared to even be in that room on my own. I'm a grown woman, I shouldn't need babysitting!" Clarke exclaimed.

"Clarke, you're not pathetic. You're a victim of some pretty traumatic abuse. That kinda stuff isn't something you just get over." Bellamy said softly. His guilt was sky high right now.

"I just want to feel safe again." Clarke whispered.

Bellamy pulled her into his embrace, holding her tightly. Clarke wrapped her arms around his torso, her face pressed into his toned chest. Cage may still be out there, but right now Clarke felt safer than she had in a long time.

"Come on, you need to get some sleep." Bellamy said, leading her to the bed.

Clarke nodded and climbed into Bellamy's bed. He slid in beside her and wrapped his arms around her. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and she nuzzled into him.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Don't thank me, just get some sleep." Bellamy said.

Clarke closed her eyes and let herself fall into a peaceful slumber.

A small smile crept onto Clarke's face as the memory ended. She was eternally grateful that Bellamy hadn't sent her away that night. Since then, the two of them had been closer than ever. He checked up on her regularly when she was at work and he chased away the nightmares every night.

Bellamy rolled onto his side suddenly, facing her.

"I've been thinking." Bellamy said, his hand on her waist.

"Go on." Clarke nodded.

"I wanna take you out somewhere." Bellamy said.

"You mean like a date?" Clarke raised a brow.

They hadn't discussed the dynamics of their relationship yet. Clarke didn't know what they were right now. All she did know was that she enjoyed spending time with him and she had some pretty intense feelings for him.

"Yeah." Bellamy smiled. "Like a date. What do you think?"

"I'd like that." Clarke smiled, nodding her head.

"Good." Bellamy grinned. He pushed his lips to hers and pulled her body closer.

~~~~

Clarke walked into the cafe with a smile on her face and spring in her step. Some of the cafe's regulars greeted her as she passed them on her way to the back room, which she returned. Just as she pulled her apron over her head, Monty walked into the office.

"Is that Clarke Griffin with a smile on her face?" Monty said with mock surprise.

"Good morning to you too, Monty." Clarke grinned.

"Do I dare ask what's got you in such high spirits?" Monty asked, tying his own apron.

"I think things could finally be turning around." Clarke said with a smile.

"That's great, Clarke. I'm really happy for you." Monty said, placing his hand on her arm.

"Thanks, Monty." Clarke nodded her head.

The two of them got to work, serving customers and cleaning down tables. Clarke was rushed off her feet all day but she didn't complain once. She loved being busy. By the time they closed up for the day, Clarke was exhausted. She waved goodbye to Monty and made her way to her car. As she buckled her seat belt, her phone chimed from her purse. She pulled out her phone to see a text from Bellamy with a grocery list for her to collect on her way home. Clarke sent a text back informing him she was leaving work and would stop at the store on her way home. She placed her phone back in her purse and drove to the store.

~~~~

Bellamy laid on the sofa, channel surfing, while he waited for Clarke to get home. Octavia had messaged moments before to let him know she was staying with Lincoln, so Bellamy decided to take advantage of the time alone with Clarke. He decided to cook a meal for her. He'd sent her a list of groceries he'd need and now all he had to do was wait for her to return.

Half an hour later, Clarke walked through the door. Bellamy walked into the kitchen just as Clarke set the grocery bags on the counter.

"Hey, how was work?" Bellamy asked, pulling the bags open to unpack them.

"It was good, busy, but good." Clarke smiled.

"Good." Bellamy chuckled. "It's just you and me for dinner tonight, O is staying at Lincoln's."

"And you're okay with that?" Clarke raised a brow.

"Not really, but she's an adult, I can't really stop her." Bellamy shrugged.

"No, you can't." Clarke smiled, patting his arm. "But it's sweet that you care about her so much."

"Anyway, you're in for a treat tonight." Bellamy grinned. "Because tonight, I am going to cook for you."

"You can cook?" Clarke said, her brows shooting up to her hairline.

"Don't act so surprised. I'm good at a lot of things." Bellamy rolled his eyes.

"Sorry." Clarke giggled. "I can't wait."

Bellamy instructed Clarke to sit at the table while he unpacked the rest of the grocery bags. They exchanged casual conversation while Bellamy pulled various items out of the bags.

"Uh, Clarke?" Bellamy said, pausing his movements.

"Yeah?" Clarke looked up at him.

"You forgot the rice."

Clarke's eyes went wide and the colour drained from her face.

"What?! No! Did I?" Clarke gasped, jumping to her feet.

"It's fine, don't worry." Bellamy said quickly.

"Oh my god, Bellamy I'm so sorry. Maybe it fell out in the car." Clarke rambled. "Let me look."

She turned to walk away but Bellamy quickly reached out for her arm, stopping her.

"Woah, Clarke, calm down. Its fine, it doesn't matter." Bellamy said calmly.

"I ruined dinner. I'm sorry, Bellamy." Clarke looked down at her feet. "I understand if you're mad at me."

"Why on earth would I be mad at you?" Bellamy said, his brows scrunched together in confusion.

"I forgot the rice, I messed up everything. I always do." Clarke said as if she were punishing herself. "God, I'm so stupid!"

Bellamy was at a loss for words. He knew exactly why Clarke was acting this way. Because she didn't know how else to act when she made a mistake. For three and a half years she was punished for the smallest thing. For years she lived in fear of doing anything wrong. Fear of upsetting him. Bellamy was instantly filled with rage but he took a deep breath. He didn't want Clarke to mistake his anger for Cage as anger towards her.

"Clarke, look at me." Bellamy said, one hand on each of her arms. "I am not mad at you. I don't care that you forgot the rice. I don't care that you made a silly little mistake. And you are definitely not stupid."

"But.."

"No. No buts. You didn't mess anything up. We can still have a nice dinner. We just change the meal, that's all. Now stop worrying and go get changed, I'll order pizza instead." Bellamy said, turning her towards the door.

Clarke stopped and turned back to him. Suddenly her arms wrapped around his neck and she buried her face into his shoulder.

"Thank you." Clarke mumbled.

Bellamy pressed a firm kiss to the top of her head and wrapped his arms around her smaller frame.

"It's okay, just stop apologising for everything. You don't ever need to apologise to me. Ever." Bellamy said softly.

Clarke looked up at him and placed a gentle hand on his face. She pressed her lips to his in a soft kiss. Offering one last small smile, Clarke left to change into comfortable clothing.

For the rest of the night, Bellamy and Clarke stayed in Bellamy's room eating pizza, watching movies and just talking. And it was one of the best nights of Bellamy's life.

**

Pls don't hate me for my stupidly long absence! I figured since I've made you wait so long I'd treat you all to a couple of fluffy chapters before we get to the nitty gritty!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter & I'll see you all REAL soon! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.1K 42
You can tell I have no social life when I've got three books out ? Basically, it's my take of season 5 and yes I'm aware it's already started and yes...
49.6K 1.8K 25
❝ Hell isn't where you go when you die. It's what you become when everything you love has been taken away. ❞ [ sequel to 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 ] [ t...
20K 581 40
BOOK COMPLETED Clarke Griffin is forced to live with three new people in her house. She loves her step sister, Octavia but her older brother Bellamy...
151K 3.3K 34
They both are suppose to hate each other. But what will happen then they realize that they have feelings for each other? Will they admit their feeli...