GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

86. Vials and Stakes

1K 38 2
By theginger412

"Hey mate, it's not what it seems." Reid said with his hands up as if defending himself. "I was telling Re- I mean Ollie, about how I lost my mum. She was just being nice trying to console me. I swear on magpie that nothings going on."

Charlie barely heard what Reid said over the throbbing rage in his head. Olivia came over to him, and held his fisted hand.

"We came up here to grab a book for me to read and got talking. Charlie, everything is okay." She said to him, slowly his fist loosened and she was able to lace her finger through his.

"I believe you." He said softly to Olivia. He kissed her cheek and then looked to Reid, "is that the book she needs?" He said pointing to the desk.

Reid grabbed the book and handed it over, "Yeah, here you go." He said then looked to Olivia. "I'll see you Friday, to prepare."

She nodded to him, "See you, Friday." Olivia tugged on Charlie's arm out of the room to the fireplace.

•••

They didn't speak until they were back at the flat in her room.

"I don't know if I can handle you working with him, Honey." Charlie said quietly as he sat on the edge of the bed. Olivia stood looking out the window.

"I know you don't like it but I can't change it. I have this mission and I'm not walking away from it because you don't like who I have to work with. I understand why you don't like him. I do." She said turning to look at him.

"If he tries anything-" he started.

"Stop. Reid didn't make the best first impression by hitting on me, I get it. But he's been respectful ever since. He hasn't tried anything and if he does I can handle myself, Charlie." She told him frankly. Charlie nodded his head.

"Reid won't cross any line. I promise." Olivia said coming to sit in his lap. "Besides, he doesn't have a chance anyway. I'm completely and utterly in love with you." She said sweetly pressing her lips to his.

Charlie gripped her hip, and let his other hand tangle in her hair at the nape of her neck, deepening the kiss. His hand trailed up from her hip under her shirt, teasing the underside of her breast.

It didn't take long after that for their clothes to find the floor and their bodies were dangled in the sheets.

Olivia took her time reassuring Charlie. Using her body and the way it moved as every breath to say, This is what I want, You are who I want.

And Charlie used his body to respond to her. He grounded into her, every thrust and pound commanding to her, This is where I belong, I belong to you.

Every stroke of his fingertips on her skin was like a whispered praise. That she was his most beloved, and nothing could ever compare to the way they felt for one another.

•••

"Ollie, what do you zink of zis color?" Fleur asked. Olivia was zoned out back to thinking of the way her body shuddered under Charlie's when his large throbbing-

"Ollie!" Fleur said again snapping her fingers in front of her face.

"What? Oh yeah the colors, I love that shade." She said absentmindedly. "You should go with that one." Olivia said pointing to a green that resemble a shade of baby vomit.

"Not zat color, zis one." Fleur said pointing to a lovely Champagne gold.

"Ohh, yes. That's beautiful!" Olivia said reeling in her wondering mind. She looked around at all the wedding planning things scattered on the table.

"I zink it will look lovely with the bridesmaids hair, my seester 'as 'air like mine, and with Ginnys red hair it will pair nicely." Fleur said marking the swatch.

Olivia had come over to visit with Harry but somehow got looped into wedding planning with Fleur since no one was keen on spending time with the French woman.

"What about you? What color would you do for your bridesmaids?" Fleur asked opening another book of swatches.

"My wedding?" Olivia laughed. "I never gave it much thought to be honest. But honestly I don't think I would have any bridesmaids. I think I would just make Fred and George my 'Men of Honor' and only have them."

Fleur laughed, "How zilly, you could put zem in dresses!" She joked making Olivia laugh.

After the two stopped laughing, Fleur patted Olivia's hand on the table. "I was going to ask you, would you be our photographer for ze wedding?" She asked.

"Of course, Fleur. Anything for you and Bill." Olivia told her cheerfully. "You both are family to me."

"Speaking of family, where is my soon to be brozer in law?" Fleur asked.

"He's off meeting with some people for work. Something about his research might be accepted for testing." Olivia said,

•••

Charlie was in fact done with his work meeting and was at the jewelers making final approvals for Olivia's engagement ring design.

Soon it would be finished and ready to be picked up. And with his new bonus from work, Charlie had more plans to take care of than just proposing.

Like finding a home for the two of them. Whether it be here or Romania, Charlie knew that he'd follow her anywhere.

•••

Days passed and Friday came. On the days Olivia wasn't doing anything for the Order she would either paint or work on potion research in her spare time.

Snape had always listened to her wondering thoughts on the many possibilities that potions could make. She had always been so intrigued by the subject, and having a Potions Master as her dad made it easier to like it.

Monthly she made Remus's wolfsbane a potion, this month she decided to make extra. So with a crate of glass vials tucked under her arm she left for The Den.

The full moon was next week and she had to deliver the potion to Remus anyway, along with needing to meet up with Reid.

Olivia found him relaxed in an armchair reading a book in the living room. "There she is!" Reid said by way of greeting. He stood up laying his book on the low table and helped her with her things.

She sat her bag and the tin of gingersnaps on the table, Reid put the crate with her things.

"What all is this stuff?" He said gesturing to the vials.

"Wolfsbane potion." She said, she could see how his eyes sparked and widen. "I make it for Remus, and with the full moon next week, I made extra for you too."

Reid looked to her with such gratitude. "Red, you didn't have to-"

"I know I didn't have to, but I was making it anyway. No big deal." Olivia said waving him off.

"I can't pay you for it." Reid said too softly that it made something in Olivia's chest crack.

"You don't have to." Olivia told him nonchalantly as she could. Without looking up at him she headed into the kitchen to make some tea. "You're part of the Order and the Order takes care of all its members, so don't sweat it, Hawthorne." She called out to him.

She made her cup and joined him back in the living room. "And yes, it's safe to take. I don't like to brag but my potion making skills are quite good." She joked sitting down on the couch.

Reid shook his head in disbelief with a faint smile. "Take a vial everyday before bed for a week until the full moon." She told him sipping from her drink.

He sat next to her, he put his head in his hands. "You're incredibly kind. Has anyone ever told you that?" He said.

Olivia shrugged her shoulders. "Once or twice, I try not to let it go to my head." She joked, making him laugh.

"What's in the tin?" He asked pointing to the table.

"Gingersnap, famous recipe of mine. And chocolate chip cookies. Remus likes the gingersnaps but he loves chocolate more."

Reid pick up the tin and took out a gingersnap taking a bite out of it. He moaned his praise. "I think that's the best thing I've ever eaten." He said with a mouthful of cookie. She smiled at the compliment.

Olivia loved many things in life but one that never seemed to not fill her heart with joy was watching people enjoy her cookies.

"Glad you like them." She said taking another sip of tea. Early grey. She winced, it was not her favorite.

"Something wrong with the tea?" He asked wiping the crumbs off his pant legs.

"I just don't usually drink earl grey, I just poured whatever was in the kettle on the stove." She said sitting the couple down.

"English breakfast kind of gal, I'm guessing?" He said leaning back on the other end of the couch facing her.

"No, actually I usually drink lavender tea. But this is fine." She said tucking her legs under herself.

"Lavender? There's some in the cupboard. I was wondering why Remus has it here. He never drinks it." Reid said standing up to go to the kitchen.

"Oh it's fine, really, Reid." She said waving him to sit back down. But he made her the tea anyway. Once she had her hot cuppa in her hands, the pair got to work on the details of the mission.

"If for some reason we get separated, we meet at Grimmauld place." Reid said after an hour of pouring over the plan.

"My Dad will be waiting there for us when we're done to send the information to Dumbledore." She said, twisting a curl of her around her finger. "There's only one thing left."

Reid was relaxed with his back on the arm of the couch facing her where she sat on the other end. He raised his brow in question to her.

"You haven't seen my other identity." She said simply.

"Right, I forgot it won't be you sitting next me at that table with the vampires. It's a shame, I'll miss calling you, Red." He said with a sigh.

Olivia rolled her eyes. "Well you get to still call me a color." She said grabbing her wand. It took seconds for the transfiguration to turn. Having done it so much it became so easy for her.

She looked up with her steel grey eyes and stretched out a hand towards him. She dropped her voice a bit, "Violet Delacour, nice to meet you." Cocking her lips into a smile.

Reid set up from his lounging position. He took in her appearance. His eyes roaming over her face, her hair, her eyes. "It's so subtle, but still such a bug change enough that you would have no idea who you really were." He said shaking his head. Reid took her hand and shook it a bit.

With his callused palm against hers, he smiled. "Nice to meet you, Violet. I'm excited to see what kind of trouble we will be getting into." Reid said smoothly.

•••

Charlie's stomach flipped again. It had been all day. Every hour that ticked down closer to when Olivia had to leave. He hated it.

But as he sat on the emerald green couch in the Flats living room, waiting for her to come out of their room, Charlie welded himself to breathe.

But as soon as the door opened from their room and Olivia stepped out, Charlie realized he had no chance of getting air back into his lungs.

She wore black faux-dragon hide pants that looked to be another layer of skin they were so tight. The ruby red spaghetti strap silk top hung to the middle of her waist, revealing flashes of porcelain white skin underneath when she shifted. The top laid loosely on the curves of her breast, showing off a deep view of her cleavage.

The paw print tattoos on the front of her shoulders, that Charlie had spent many nights kissing, were concealed, along with the one behind her ears. Still she had her freckled face and red hair dangling down her back.

But it was the black high heeled boots that went all the way up her slim legs stopping mid-thigh, that had Charlie looking her over head to toe all over again.

Fred let out a low whistle from where he sat in an armchair, George on the couch with Charlie was looking Olivia over too.

"Those vampires are going to lose their minds when they get a look of you. They'll want to take a bite out of you!" Fred said with a wide smile.

"Not just vampires, every guy, and probably a few girls." Said George with a laugh.

Olivia smiled and shook her head. "Hopefully not, I don't want anyone taking a bite of me." She joked.

Charlie was still dazed by her. Everyday he admired her beauty but this was different. She looked hot, not just hot but more than that. She looked like a living flame. And Charlie knew if it took him begging on his knees, he would, just to be burned by her.

"Want to stay at Grimmauld place tonight?" He asked her. Olivia gave him a cheeky grin making her blush, seeing the lust in his eyes.

"I'll meet you there when we get done." She winked at him. George cleared his throat reminding the couple that they weren't alone.

"Anyway," Fred said loudly, "when is this guy getting here?"

Olivia applied a red lipstick on her lips while looking into a mirror that hung on the wall. "Any minute-"

The fire place burned green and Reid stepping into the room. He wore black pants, and a charcoal grey button up under a black leather jacket. His brown hair was brushed back and his hazel eyes instantly fell on Olivia.

Charlie gritted his teeth, and cleared his throat. Reid snapped his eyes away from Olivia and took in the room. He smiled, "Hello," he said kindly.

His brothers stood and shook Reid's hand, introducing themselves.

"Reid, come have a seat." George said patting the spot next to him on the couch. Olivia said she would be right back she had to grab something from their room.

Reid sat down and the Weasley men stood up in front of him looking down.

"Let's get something clear," Fred said, "Ollie is a very loved person who has a lot of people that loves her and would not mind one bit to go to Azkaban if something was to happen to her."

"She's our girl." George said roughly, "and I mean no offense by this, mate, I'm sure you are lovely person, but if it comes down to her and you, you better chose her safety over your own."

"And if we find out you made the wrong chose, and decided to save your own neck, keep in mind I am a person with access to dragons. Dragons that could eat or burn any evidence of your existence." Charlie said plainly. "Do we make ourselves clear?"

Reid smiled, looking at each of the guys in front of him. He smoothed out a wrinkle on his pants. "I appreciate the effort you three have taken to make sure I understand what she means to you all. But let me help you understand something." Reid said kindly but then he allowed his voice to drop into a deep tone.

"You really undervalue and underestimate her ability to be put into any dangerous situation, if you feel the need to have this discussion. She can take care of herself, and she would put me down if I was cross her before you three had the chance to hear about it. Which is irrelevant considering, I would not want anyone else having my back than her. And to make you feel better, I would gladly lay down my own life to save hers. You all are not the only ones she matters to." Reid told them.

The stern looks melted from their faces more and more as Reid spoke. Foot steps sounded from the hall and Olivia came into the room. She arced a brow looking at the Weasleys where they stood and where Reid sat on the couch. "Are you ready?" She asked Reid.

Reid looked Charlie in the eye, "I was born ready." He said smoothly, standing up. He helped Olivia put on her black cloak.

Reid pulled a wood thin stake out of her jacket and handed it to her. "Put this in your boot. Just in case something goes wrong and they decide to attack." He said.

Charlie watched as she slide the stake in the opposite boot that held her wand. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Giving him a lazy smile, she whispered into his ear, "Wait up for me." She said kissing him on the cheek.

"Always." Charlie said giving her a forced smile that he hoped she couldn't tell was faked.

She kissed Fred and George on their heads, and stood by Reid. "Bye my boys." She said with a wink. Reid took her arm in his and the pair twisted on the spot. Leaving the Weasleys alone.

Fred clapped his brother on the shoulder, "Don't worry, Charlie. It's Ollie, she's always alright." He said kindly. But by the look on George's face too, he wasn't the only one that was still worried anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 6.5K 28
Athene Atkinson had never been one to step into the limelight. She was quite content to sit in her little bookshop in Diagon Alley day in and day out...
1.3M 38.1K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
46K 1.3K 58
"You know that boy likes you a lot." Milena felt her cheeks warm up. She couldn't put her hands over her face because of everything she was carrying...
793 20 25
Y/N Darkwood lost her parents at a young age and rarely remembers them. She grew up in an orphanage in the Wizard World. The one thing she did know a...