Love Channels

By time_buzzer

A story based on IU's Ending Scene Music Video. (COMPLETED) More

Characters and Disclaimers
Chapter 1
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 6.1
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.1
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.1
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.1
Chapter 14
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.1
Chapter 17.2
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.1
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.1
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.1
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.1
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.1
Chapter 25.2
Chapter 26
Chapter 26.1
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.1
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.1
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 • Ending Scene
Author's Note
- End Credits -
Author's Note • plug
Special Chapter: Through the Night 1
Special Chapter: Through the Night 2
Special Chapter: Through the Night 3
Special Chapter: Through the Night 4
Special Chapter: Through the Night 5
Special Chapter: Through the Night 6
Special Chapter: Through the Night 7 [Finale]

Chapter 14.1

28 4 0
By time_buzzer

Jamie’s POV

“Hey, I’m outside. 🙋 Please open the door.” This message was sent a few minutes ago and I still haven’t gotten a reply nor see him open it.

I tried ringing his phone and he’s not picking up either. We’re supposed to go out today to celebrate but then changed our plans and decided to just stay in his apartment so he could cook for me. I can’t truly be trusted in the kitchen so I agreed with the idea. I honestly like this better than going out to crowded places anway, at least we can freely talk without much noise.

He’s still not opening the door.

Could he be in the restroom or busy cooking and just didn't notice his phone? I punched in his code, I don’t think he’d be opening this any minute and I can’t stand here any longer.

Sean gave me his passcode the other day when he couldn’t come home. The building admin needed to check his apartment when a pipe burst from the upper unit’s bathroom and his’ is going to be flooded if they don’t check the extent of the damage right away. Pete was not available because he’s out with his girlfriend - his much needed time with her. I was just at the coffee shop writing when he asked for the favor and I obliged.

I took my shoes off at the entryway and called for him when I got inside. He’s still not responding and when I turned to the living room, I saw him on the couch asleep. He’s lacking so much sleep these days due to the problem he had last weekend and they’re still fixing it until now, they can’t seem to get it working. He even looks like he lost weight.

I called his name softly trying not to startle him but still didn't budge. There’s a book lying on top of his laptop on the couch, he must have fallen asleep while reading and waiting for me. That’s actually an interesting read.

I saw an alarm clock by his side table and decided to set it. He’s not woken up by my voice so might as well make use of this. I know he wouldn’t really mind if I play silly tricks on him.

A minute passed and it started ringing loudly. Sean started searching for it without opening his eyes for a few seconds and still can’t find it. My poor baby, he’s really that exhausted.

Instead of letting him turn the alarm off, I decided to hold his hand instead. That kind of jolted him a little but still had not woken up properly.

He probably knew it was me because he held my hand tightly and gave me a smile without even opening his eyes.

“Hey, you’re here.” he greeted, still trying to wake up.

“I rang the doorbell, sent you a message, and even tried calling you but you were not answering so I just got in.” I explained in case he asks how I got in.

“You know my passcode, you can come here whenever you want.”

“Okay.” that’s all I could muster from that loaded statement.

“You must be hungry, let’s eat? I prepared pajeon and Ojingeo Bokkeum, ordered some bulgogi and also got you some rice cakes, there’s kimbap here too. Plus I have some of my Mom’s home made side dishes.”

“That’s a lot of food! But I can’t wait to dig in, I’m really hungry. Had a very long discussion with my adviser this morning. I thought I would be able to leave in no time but then another professor was interested in listening to some of my findings.”

I started recounting what happened during the meeting. As always, he listens attentively to whatever I say.

After eating our lunch, we washed the dishes together and went on talking about the situation they are having with their project. I planned on staying here until later when it’s dark out.

He prepared coffee for himself and tea for me. I saw the book again on his laptop, decided to pick it up and ask about it.

“This is an interesting but different read for you, why are you reading this?”

“Remember I was hanging out with Pete the other night? He suggested that book to me. I’m almost done. Have you read it?”

“Yeah, I read it. Why did Pete suggest this book to you?” I inquired.

“Well, he mentioned that all I mostly read are books about equipment, science fictions, robotics and other boring stuff, which is his problem not mine by the way, and I should get some self-help books like this one.”

“Why this one though? There are also a lot of great self-help books out there.” Now I am just fishing for information because I am trying not to conclude anything.

“Okay here’s the thing. You can psychoanalyze me whatsoever but I’m going to say it anyway.” he began and I’m kind of getting a little anxious about this.

“Go on.”

“I told him I lucked out with our relationship. He explained that yes, I was lucky meeting you but then again I still have to do my part to keep this going. Though to be really honest, I don’t know if I am doing it right you know but I do want to.”

“Why do you think you don’t know if you’re doing this right?”

He laughed, “You really are taking me up for that “psychoanalyze me” offer huh?”

“Well, of course. But as if I still need permission for that.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

I leaned on to him and he wrapped his right arm around me. Breathed in a sigh and started expressing what he feels.

“Hmmm, you know why I asked for your number? Even if Pete put up a “you’re dead meat if you mess with her” warning?”

“Not really the entire reason, you just mentioned you’re interested. I didn't really probe much because I didn’t want you to think I was fishing for compliments. So why, what were the other reasons?”

“You looked so beautiful the first day I met you. I mean yes at first we get attracted to people physically but most often than not it goes away right? I felt there was more to it though. I got curious. You’ve been friends with Pete for a while, it might be weird that I never tried to hang out with some of his friends at our school too because ya know, life. Plus you guys are an intimidating bunch with all the possibilities of me getting analyzed.” he paused and smirked at his realization.

”He had mentioned you before and I really thought, honestly, you guys were seeing each other so I didn't really pay much attention cause I figured he’d be introducing me to you when things actually settle. But I found out you we’rent when we were having drinks. So yeah. I got curious.”

“Pete is one of my reliable friends.” I admitted.

“I know that now.”

“You got curious because?”

“It’s story telling time huh? I figured there’s more to it? That I can have mature conversations with you? Not just those sweet talks, fights, the kiss and make up kind of relationship. Which I wouldn't mind though the kiss and make up part.” He grinned.

“Hey!” I hit his chest lightly. Such a flirt.

“I wanted to know more about what goes on in those beautiful brains of yours. What you’re thinking, what you’re really like. If I actually found a match for my own? So I figured, I actually did and the talks with you are the best kinds.”

“That sounds touching. Talks with you are amazing too especially when it’s like this, chill, no pretense. I like it. If I think otherwise this will all be boring for me, you’re done for either the first date or during the text message exchanges even. You’re on the right track, if you need assurance, we can always talk about it. So why the need to read this book??”

“I want to make do with my promise, to be more than enough for you. I want to make sure I understand what would make you happy, content, how I should express my feelings in order for you to know them or feel them. I just wanted to do more with that.” I stated unabashedly.

That’s just beautiful. Calm down, heart, calm down.

“Hmmm, so did you get your answer when you read this book?”

“I figured, but you gotta correct me if I am wrong since you said you’ve read this before, that your language is Quality Time?” he said, second guessing his own conclusion.

“Uhuh, why is that?” he got it right though, I just wanted to hear him say what made him think so.

“Well, this is one basic example for that. You’re enjoying this conversation so much so that even if you already know the reason why, you want me to continue explaining myself.” he chuckled lightheartedly and then gave me a kiss on top of my head.

“I think I know yours.” I’m treading dangerous water here.

“Yeah, you’ve read the book too so what do you think mine is?” I can hear his heart beat a little faster.

I looked up to him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He smiled, gazed at me with an understanding that I was right.

“Am I right?”

“No doubt about it. Jamie, the hundred days with you has made me realize that I’m out of a solitude I didn't know I was in.”

That does it. I leaned in for a kiss, I felt him smile when my lips touched his and started fervently responding to my kisses. Kissing him has gotten intense the past few days and I don’t know if my heart and sanity can still hold on to that very last thread.

We’re exchanging fiery kisses on the coach, him on top of me, maintaining that momentum but always respectful, still trying to keep his boundaries at bay. I, on the other hand, my rationality is getting diluted every second that his lips touch mine.

“Babe” I said in between kisses.

“Hmm?” he’s still kissing me, his lips never leaving mine.

“Baby, there’s something vibrating…” I said breathlessly, “...in your pocket.” still kissing him back.

“Hmmm?” He didn't care one bit and continued kissing me back.

“Phone….?” 

He tried to get his phone out of his left pocket without trying to break the kiss. It is vibrating because someone’s calling.

“...you should answer?” I’m gathering back my wits.

He broke away from me and looked at his phone. It’s either he’s going to ignore it and we continue this or it’s an emergency.

“It’s Charlotte, I’m sorry baby, I should answer this. I told her earlier to call me if there’s any problem they encounter. This might be an emergency, again.” he looked at me with such an apologetic yet regretful face.

Charlotte, I don’t know if I am going to send you a thank you letter or a death note.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 20.4K 96
All the cameras in the world can't capture how breathtaking she is and I'm selfish enough to keep that image locked up in my mind where no one else o...
1K 59 18
"i feel at home with him" a ni-ki au childhood friends to lovers start : March 27th 2024 end : -
48.2K 867 12
you get forced to be study buddies with sim jake. with you guys being together so often you get closer... yeah
9K 241 16
Jangkku fanfiction!! Advance sorry for my grammar mistakes!!