The Way of the Future: Age of...

By TIMEMASTER101

Artemis woke with amnesia underneath the shattered remains of a once prosperous human civilization. He rememb... More

Awakening
1000 years of recovery
Two Worlds Connected
Exploration
Adventurer's End
Military Mobilization
Princess of Atira
The First Battle
Kingdom of Atira
Artemis' actions
The Senadate Theocracy
Savior
Goblin Observation
The Princess Becomes the Queen
Survivors
Training Grounds
Proving Loyalty
Goodbye, R-324
Confrontation 1/2
Confrontation 2/2
Aftermath
The Little Girl
Infiltration 1/4
Infiltration 2/4
Infiltration 3/4
Infiltration 4/4
Operation Thunderstorm
Deviant
Someone From The Past
The Little Girl's Diary
The Vampire
Royal Assassination
The Highest Price
Walking Calamities
Two Ladies
The Metal Dragon
Ambush
Upcoming Showdown
Wonder
Two Overlords
The Showdown 1/3
The Showdown 2/3
The Showdown 3/3
Valentine's Past
The Great Deities
Prelude To The War
Opening Shots
The First Battle In The Clouds
The First Army
Liz
Eve
A Smidge of His Past
Duo
A Storm Is Brewing
Escape
Melancholy
Who Are You?
Another One
The Storm
Offensive
A Peaceful Night
The Night Goes On
Dawn Breaks
Council Meeting
The Siege Starts
Atonement
Battle Of Titans
Aurora's Plight
Fight
The Last Army
Breakthrough
A Demigod's Wrath
Fallen Down
A Demigod's End
Nuclear Detonation
The Foothold Is Set
The Republic And The Empire
The Journey
The Dead Village
A Little Girl
Where Did They Come From?
The Necromancer
To Bulhin
Outside Bulhin
Explaining
Under Attack 1/2
Under Attack 2/2
Journey Back
Returning Home
Home Sweet Home
On The Void, Again
Monster Hunting
Dioz
That Night
Tales
Felix
Garfield
150 Years Ago
I'm Sorry
Operation Heretic
Officer
Project Marauder
Ah Shit, Here We Go Again
Final Battle Between You And Me
Goddess vs Machine
The Uncharted Forest
Neutronium
Runaway Maiden
Good Knight
Pandora
Work
Building A House 1/2
Meanwhile
Building A House 2/2
The Devil's Apple 1/2
The Devil's Apple 2/2
Proclamation
Reinhard
Visitor
Mercy
Down With The Count
Uprising
The Paladin vs The Knight
Securing
Loving Reunion
The Upcoming Storm
Demonstration Of Power
Count Dead
Angry Mob
Messenger from the Rising Sun
Before Their Arrival
The Leviathan
Battle of Titans(1)
Underwater Adventure
Spy
Dumbass
Pawn
Writing
Her Struggle
Before the Starting of the Battle
Battle of Demigods
World Items & God's Descent
Machine vs God
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
The Monster Within
The Blight
Revelations
Afterwards
Humanity
Reunion 1/2
Reunion 2/2
No Longer Alone
Welcome Back
Fair Trial
Be With You
The Next Morning
Ambush
The Cyclopes
The First Village
Interrogation
The Goblinmancer
Camping
Lair
Monolith
Torture or a Science Experiment?
24-Hour War 1/3
24-Hour War 2/3
24-Hour War 3/3
Our Ultimate Plan
The Monster You Created
The Fordalt Resistance
The Calamity Dragon
Project Number One Gun
The Fall of Humanity 1/2
The Fall of Humanity 2/2
Battle of Heaven and Mars 1/2
Battle of Heaven and Mars 2/2
I'll Always Be With You
Epilogue
Announcement(1)

The Nine Gifts

704 32 31
By TIMEMASTER101

"What was that.." Liz stood frozen in place; her eyes shivered as a chill went down her spine. Her friends also frozen in shock; what they witnessed was the epitome of evil, destruction, unlike anything they've ever seen before.

In just a few seconds, thousands were instantly incinerated in a fireball. Cries and wails of mothers searching for their children and children looking for their mothers filled the air. The group stood among civilians rushing away from the scene and soldiers rushing into the chaos.

Fortunately, the Great Warrior of Atira try to slain the beast and fought in a tense battle and nearly succeeded in slaying it.

But in a blink of an eye, the metal dragon that caused the destruction disappeared after allegedly attacked the Queen and her cohorts and the tense battle with the Great Warrior. It was last seen hovering over the royal palace dodging the Great Warrior's powerful skill called [Absolute Severance] or something but the creature immediately flew, instead, it let the Great Warrior's skill cut a nearby huge building in half but he save some people that were about to get crushed from the fallen rubbles, with that distraction, he lost sight of the monster.

Liz and her friends were supposed to drink at the Inn before embarking on their mission, only to witness it burn down.

"Ru-Rudolf! what was th-" Shialynn turned to look at Rudolf who was supposed to be behind her only to find out he had disappeared.

"Where did Rudolf go!?" Shialynn asked frantically.

"He said he was going to the Royal Palace," Liz answered Shialynn's distress. They were all frightened; it was fundamental human nature to be frightened at something beyond their control or comprehension. What they witnessed could only have been done by a demon, a monster, or a God.

As the situation seemingly escalated, the three were caught in the panicking crowd which swept like a flood in the streets, and they were trapped in the middle of it. Unable to find a way out, the three lost themselves in the chaos and in that day, the Royal Capital was plunged into near anarchy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your highness?"

"Get some water, and some Ice! quickly!"

Faint and muffled voices sounded in Evelyn's ears. She felt nothing, numbness took over her body, and she could neither see nor feel. Her mind was calm; it was as if her mind got flushed of all thoughts and stress and only the relaxing feeling of relative peace took over her.

She did not think of anything else but felt as if she was in bliss; she felt the urge to stay at the state she was in and never return to the everlasting torture which was the reality of all living beings. A state where she had no responsibilities, where she could finally rest and accept her mistakes and move on into another plane of existence, and she thought this was the higher plane of existence.

She could only remember the faint memory of her flung away from the balcony. She felt no pain but a slight jolt from her stomach, which pushed her at high speeds, slamming her against a wall.

And now she felt in bliss, relaxed in a manner in which she has never handled before. Slowly her numb body began to feel once more, and she felt as if she was drifting and afloat. She slowly opened her eyes and a white light shined upon her, she couldn't see clearly, but the light was unlike anything she had ever laid eyes on.

The light was pure blue, a taint of blue which was so pure yet so dazzling to the eyes despite its simplistic nature. The blue light prevented her from seeing anything, and she was blinded for a few seconds, the light struck her eyes, but she felt no pain nor did she felt the reflex to close her eyes in response to such a bright light.

But she maintained her eyes; the light was calm and pleasing regardless of its intensity.

And then the light began to fade; slowly, she could see what was before her. Little by little, she saw a blue maiden floating amongst the light, her long light blue hair curled around her legs and hips as it flowed through the air like a weed in the current. Her face was beautiful; ample were her lips and chest while her eyes were a somewhat darker range of blue.

She had a curved body and a stunning figure overall and little did Evelyn know, she was looking at the Goddess Blue's pure form.

In contrast to her previous appearance with the late Pope, this form was her purest and original form. The form which reflects her beauty and does it justice. The form which strikes fear among the denizens of Fordalt and the form which exerts her position and power among all things, as what a deity should be.

The mystified Evelyn stared at her beauty, and her mouth was agape. The goddess smiled at her and slowly drifted towards the floating queen. As she drew near, her elegance became even more apparent to Evelyn's eyes.

"Welcome, Queen Evelyn Atira,"

Evelyn did not reply, her beauty was already unparalleled, and now her voice was as sweet as honeydew. Pleasant to one's ears and antagonizing to those against such pleasantry. Evelyn was further buried in awe and confusion, she now knew she was the goddess, but she was not ready to meet her, neither was she willing to even lay her eyes upon her pure form.

"I have come here, to bless thee,"

Evelyn's mouth remained shut.

"You need not to speak, nor to fear me, for I have come here to bring you from death,"

Death? She thought. So I was indeed dead? I was enjoying it here, in bliss.

"I can hear your thoughts mortal, and I heed them well, I know you long to have everlasting peace in mind and heart, but will you truly pass on without any negative conscience affecting you? Nay, you need not to pass on yet, you need to fight! for your people and for the world!"

"Dark days are now upon us, as dark as the tragedy will repeat itself as the Forgotten Era, as dark as the times of demons and monsters who roamed free on this world and the denizens retreated onto caves and fed on scraps. A new threat has arisen and shall plague this world once more, should you and many others forsake your duty!"

"I know thy thoughts, and I know thy will, but the will of thy deities of thee of the creators of the universe and of man and beast, we implore upon you our will and command. Go forth, defend thy world, for you have been chosen as our disciple, our holy knight that shall shed thy holy light amongst the tainted lands and the shadows which covereth thou!"

"I bless thee, upon you, the power of wisdom, for magic shall be your trusted arms and legs and your mind as your sharpened blade. Your will shall be as strong as iron, and your heart shall be cleansed of regret and transform into thoust holy armor! Clad in beauty and strength! ye shall set forth in thy holy light and blessings, upon thee our gift is bestowed upon you,"

Upon nine souls, gifts have been given.

Upon nine souls, the world shall stricken.

Nine gifts of power, from the deities of heaven.

Nine gifts of power, shall they pose a burden.

For the deities have failed, and so did mortal men.

Might this be a repeat, of what was back then?

Upon nine souls, nine gifts are bestowed.

Upon nine souls, the everlasting ship has rowed.

And to nine persons, nine gifts were given to them by the deities. These gifts were their response to the embarrassing failure they had. The fact that their so-called 'flaming sword of Gihenna' was easily destroyed by mere metal machine meant that they were facing something they were unfamiliar with.

An enemy, without magic entirely. Entire beings whose persons run without the needs of magic, nor do they run by the basic rules of life which are the robust rules and foundations in this world.

The nine gifts were five weapons and four blessings.

The Sword of Loctus.

The Bow Of The Master Archer.

The Shield Of Souls.

The Spear Of Tivlentor.

The Staff Of The Highest.

The Blessing Of Wisdom.

The Blessing Of Kinship.

The Blessing Of Skill.

The Blessing of Magic

Henceforth, they shall be called.

The Nine Heroes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rudolf are you alright?" Shialynn asked as she loaded herself onto the cart. Liz and Grey were on their horses, waiting for their leader to come back to his senses.

Rudolf stood there, against the gatehouse. Deep in thought, much to the worry of his friends.

"Nergh!" Izrael pinched the dazed Rudolf in the ear.

"It's for you to go," Izrael's expression was no different from before.

"Yeah yeah, we'll be off,"

As the group slowly faded from sight, Izrael and the guards looked on as the adventurers disappeared into the night with their cart and horses.

Izrael signed and went back into the gatehouse after he took one last look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"You will indeed die," Izrael's words shattered his own heart. To think his childhood friend knew he would die but still send him out on this mission, did he want him dead? Or had he lost hope?

What did he witness? What was that blue light which engulfed the palace?

So many questions fluttered in his mind. So many questions left unanswered.

But for now, he needed to concentrate on the task at hand.

They have embarked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

841K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...