Costuming the Band

By duskfairyhour

When Molly is hired to help costume a band for their new music video, she never guessed how much they would m... More

The Job
Home Sweet Home
Let the Fun Begin
Not the Right Ideas
Light is Art
Film is Powerful
Inseam Please
Ticking, ticking
I Will Always Love You
Start Me Up
Sunshine Makes Me Happy
Beth
Pour Some Sugar on Me
Skin
Let the Good Times Roll
Im leaving on a Jet Plane
Fireflies
Sunshine on my Shoulders
Don't Trust Me
I Want to Know What Love is
Helter Skelter
The Air that I Breathe
I Am Sorry
If You Leave Me Now
Don't think Twice, It's all Right
What is Life
Don't Let your Babies Grow up to be Cowboys
Some Days are Diamonds
Why Don't We Live Together
Skating Away
Oh Tannenbaum
Magic Dance
Step Into Christmas
Band on the Run
99 Luftballons
Starry Starry Night
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Hello, I Love You
For the Love of God
You're in Love
Sweet Child of Mine
Isn't she Lovely
White Wedding
Goodbye Stranger (A/N)

Bold as Love

323 7 1
By duskfairyhour

It had been a couple days since my check up and I was still trying to sort everything out. Josh's already caring nature got even more so as he treated me like I was a piece of glass. I had been given vitamins and some meds by the doctor to start and they seemed to help with the sickness. Apparently twins could make the morning sickness more intense so that explained why I felt so under the weather recently. Twins also make your appetite even stronger which I was starting to feel especially since I could eat without feeling sick now. 

I was still able to work and luckily the show would be over as I was just entering my third trimester and they were fine with me staying on the project. Some of the jobs though I would not be able to help out with which I was a little bummed about. Then again it had been a long time since I was rigged in as spot op so maybe it was blessing is disguise. 

The only people that knew about the whole thing was my sister and Kenzi which both agreed to keep their mouths shut. Josh wanted to tell everyone at the office but he wanted it to be in a fun way. So after I dropped off some paperwork downtown for my job, I headed over to pick up his idea. He had a local brewery put custom labels on some of their crafts that he thought he could hand out to everyone at the office. Most of them said 'we have a baby brewing' in an old timey font  but he had also had three made for the guys that had 'congrats on becoming an Uncle' on the label. Personally, the idea was super cheesy to me but the designs actually came out classy looking and  I loved how excited Josh was about the whole thing. 

Actually, the boys had a pretty big concert coming up that weekend where they were the opening act so in preparation for that EVERYONE was working hard at the studio. With so many people at the studio he wanted to announce our news this week. I could tell every day he was wanting to burst with excitement. After I picked up the bottles I headed to the office to see the guys. 

They were in recording something when I arrived so I took the opportunity to put the beers into the fridge in the common area behind other food so no one would see them. Then I snuck through the studio door and sat on the couch along the wall behind the mixing board. Josh was lost in his now world singing and did not notice I had slipped in which I actually loved since I got to watch him as he was seemed to be in an alternate reality from ours. 

As the song came to an end Josh opened his eyes and met mine which caused a smirk to appear out of the corner of his mouth. He looked to the man behind the board and gave a thumbs up before asking if they were good. Right after they were informed it was great, Josh ripped of his headphones and ran to me through the recording door. "Did you get them" he whispered in my ear as he hugged me tightly. I shook my head yes as I laughed at his pure joy. 

A chorus of "hey Molly" came form the other three as they emerged from the door like Josh had. I hugged all of them and said hello back. Danny's hug lasted a little longer than our normal greeting and as I pulled away he had a smile on his face like he knew something. Before I could think about it too much Sam wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started to talk towards the door. 

"Everyone is here today, isn't that crazy Molls. A big fuss just over us being an opening act" Sam said as we walked into the room with the couches. 

"I mean it is a huge venue. For fucks sake, y'all are playing a stadium, that is a big deal. A lotta planning has to go into that just due to the size alone" I said to a boy who looked excited but also kind of terrified at the idea of their show. 

"That is why we are having this catered lunch today, so everyone that has been working hard can relax at least for a little. We don't like it to get too serious around her" Sam said looking over to me with the last sentence before he removed his arm and sat down on one of the couches. 

Jake went right to the food that was set up along the counter on the wall while Danny took a seat next to Sam. Danny still had the look on his face so I quirked one of my eyebrows and asked him 'what' without actually opening my mouth. He simply raised is hands in defense and leaned back into the couch before starting a conversation with his best friend. 

As people started to enter the room and grab plates of food, small conversation took over the room. Josh came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I put them at the back of the fridge" I whispered into his ear earning an understand shake of his head as his touch left my body. 

"Molly you want us to make you a drink, we were thinking of making some" Sam said as he shoved a piece of bread with avocado into his mouth. 

"I am fine actually" I answered as my eyes met Danny's and he gave me a look. He knew. I know he knew. And I know he knew that I knew he knew. 

"Hey Molly and I actually ordered some crafts for everyone" Josh called out as he placed the carriers of glass bottles on to the counter. Josh then grabbed the pack of three and made his way over to the boys who had not gotten up from the couch I was leaning against. "We got you fellas some special ones" Josh announced as he placed the cardboard carrier on the coffee table in front of them. He sat on the couch along side them and took my hand leading me to sit on his lap before my waist was wrapped up in his arms. I leaned back against him a little and I could feel his heart racing. 

"Sweet" Jake said being the first to take one from the table quickly followed by the other two. As they all turned the bottles to read the label, a variety of shocked faces took over. "Interesting, I don't get it" Jake said looking to his twin. 

"Well you see when a man and a woman love each other very much" Josh started before Sam cut him off. 

"Wait we are gonna actually be uncles" Sam screamed causing the rest of the room to hear so if they had not understood their drinks they sure as hell now did. 

"Very much so" Josh answered with a huge smile and a tiny laugh as he tightened his arms around me. 

My eye were fixed on Danny who was still looking at me. "How did you know Danny" I asked unable to take his little smug smile anymore. 

"Well after I had mentioned to Kenzi that Josh was practically floating around the studio in happiness ,she might have let it slip" Danny explained with a laugh. 

"How much has she informed you on then" I asked laughing that Kenzi of all people accidentally told our secret. 

"I also know that it is going to be double the trouble" Danny said trying to hint without straight out saying it. 

"What do you mean" Jake asked having already opened the beer. 

"We are having twins" I said making Jake choke on his drink. 

"Like a Josh and Jake jr" Jake said through a few coughs. 

"You two really do share a brain cell" I said as I felt Josh laugh under me. "But you guys have to be quiet about this whole situation when your parents fly in for the concert this weekend. They don't know and we plan on telling them then" I said sternly. 

"We will be on our best behavior" Sam said as he looked down at the beer again.  

The rest of the late lunch flew by as we mingled with a bunch of other people who all congratulated us on out announcement. 

* * *

"Josh I am freaking out a little" I said holding his hand tight as we sat on the couch in the living room.  It was the night before their concert at Nissan Stadium and Jake and Sam were on their way to Josh's after they picked up their parents from the airport. 

"Hey everything is going to be great" Josh said taking my face in his hands. "We have a wonderful meal planned and it is just gonna be a low key dinner with my parents and brothers. After dinner we are gonna tell my parents and they are going to be so excited"Josh said before placing a reassuring kiss on my lips. 

"Ok" I sighed out resting me forehead against Josh's and closing my eyes. A knock from the door  broke up our little moment and I felt my nerves start to climb again.

I followed Josh to the door and he gave me a smile right before he opened it. "Hi Mama" he said as he spread his arms to give Karen a big hug. 

"It is so good to see you" she replied at she patted his back. Once they let go, Karen made her way to me and wrapped me in a hug. "And how have you been Molly? Dealing with this one alright" she laughed which eased my nerves. 

"It is always crazy over here but that is how we like it"I said as her hug warmed my heart. 

"I can only imagine" she said letting go of me and flashing me one last smile. 

"What is for dinner, we are starving" Sam said entering the house with Jake and heading to the kitchen. 

"Samuel" Karen said with a shake of her head as she followed her son. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Papa K standing next to me. "Hello Molly" he smiled before giving me a big hug. 

"It is great to have you here" I said as he let go of me. 

"Well it is amazing to be here"he replied before making his way into the kitchen. 

Josh snaked his arms around me from behind and gave me a kiss on the cheek before we walked to join the others. 

My nerves were so bad I struggled to eat my dinner but as we start to talk and the boys brought up stories form tour my appetite came back slowly. 

"That was lovely guys thank you for meal" Karen said patting Josh on the arm after she put her silverware. 

"I am sorry it was just boring pasta and salad but I was craving carbs so Josh made that" I said as I looked to a smiling Josh.  

"Molly and her cravings lately" Sam said giving me a joking look. I kicked him under the table not appreciating the comment in front of his parents. 

"We do have some dessert" I said starting too get up from the table. 

"Don't worry, I will get get it babe" Josh said motioning for me to relax as he got up. 

I watched as Josh walked over to the fridge and pulled out a vanilla mochi cake I had made earlier and place it on top of a red box. When he returned back to the group, everyone was chatting and Jake took the cake from Josh's hands and placed it in the center of the table. 

"Looks wonderful" Karen said smiling up at me. I felt my cheeks blush at her complement. 

"And before we get to the divine dessert, Molly and I have a little something for you guys" Josh said as he placed the red box on the table in between his parents before coming to stand behind me. His hands rested on my shoulders and I grabbed them with my own as my heart beat quicken. 

Papa K motioned for Karen to open it so she slowly slid the lid off and undid the tissue paper inside. The first thing she found was a small gold necklace that had a Celtic grandmother's knot engraved into it along with the word 'Grammy.' She looked a little confused but kept going through the box until she found a frame. We had placed it upside down so she had to flip it around to see that in the light green and yellow frame sat a photo from our first scan where two red arrows pointed to the black shapes. Papa K took the frame from Karen's hands to take a closer look and she picked the necklace back up. "You are pregnant" she said as her eyes welled up. 

Her tears made me start to cry softly. "Yeah" Josh said as he squeezed my hands. 

"Why are there two arrows" Papa K asked turning the photo to face us. 

"Twins" Jake said with a small laugh from across the table. 

"You are kidding" Karen said shocked as her mouth gapped open. 

I shook my head no and said "I am gonna need lots of advice." 

Karen reached out for my hand and I let go of Josh's so that I could take her's. I saw papa K stand up and walk over towards Josh and I before he took Josh into a big hug where he congratulated us over and over again. 

"Ok but can we eat the cake down" Sam said causing his mother to give him a reprimanding tone for the second time that night. I  laughed as I cut into the cake and made sure everyone had a slice. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 6.3K 200
Jess is offered the opportunity of a lifetime to photograph Greta Van Fleet on their upcoming tour but is blindsided by how quickly one can fall in l...
19.5K 499 11
Sky is invisible. That never seemed to bother her though, but that is until Jake Kiszka, the only person she wants to be noticed by, starts dating h...
30.3K 788 33
Jess is offered the opportunity of a lifetime to photograph Greta Van Fleet on their upcoming tour but is blindsided by how quickly one can fall in l...
5.3K 207 33
Lynna is comfortable with her simple life, floating by with her bestfriend. Josh is occupied by his up and coming band, 'Greta Van Fleet.' The two s...